What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (28 Viewers)

Has anyone ever done a secondary market pre-IPO stock purchase through a platform like Equityzen or Global Forge?

Since covid hit Equityzen has lowered their minimum investment to $10k which is within "dabble to see how it goes" range (I think Global Forge is still $100k minimum).  Equityzen recently had an offering on DoorDash that I almost pulled the trigger on but at $17b valuation ($240/share) that is almost 3x Grubhub's market cap and I don't think they're outperforming Grubhub by 3x.

They also had instacart and Robinhood recently but that was before I had put enough due diligence in the platform.  Kind of wishing I had given it a shot on one of those now.

Much the same here. I handle everything from making the money, paying bills, investing. I recently had her write down all our accounts and passwords. She was overwhelmed. Of course, we do have 2 bank accounts, 2 Roth IRA, 2 TSP, 5 college accounts, 2 regular brokerage accounts with money in them, 2 regular brokerage with no money (not sure if I should close them), a worthy bonds account, a fundrise account, each of our kids has a savings account, 7 credit cards, 2 PayPal accounts, a mortgage... And she manages just her PayPal account. 

Where do you stay in HHI? we'll be there in October, VRBO in sea pines.
Other side of Coligny, not far down from there. Kids go there all the time. We rent one of the houses on the beach, makes it really easy for the kids and us bringing stuff back and forth and making lunch, etc. Nice not to have to plan the trips. That said, we split it four ways so that really helps make it not so bad. The prices keep going up every year. Feels like it’s double since we started going a decade ago although we were one row off the beach the first two years.

Has anyone ever done a secondary market pre-IPO stock purchase through a platform like Equityzen or Global Forge?

Since covid hit Equityzen has lowered their minimum investment to $10k which is within "dabble to see how it goes" range (I think Global Forge is still $100k minimum).  Equityzen recently had an offering on DoorDash that I almost pulled the trigger on but at $17b valuation ($240/share) that is almost 3x Grubhub's market cap and I don't think they're outperforming Grubhub by 3x.

They also had instacart and Robinhood recently but that was before I had put enough due diligence in the platform.  Kind of wishing I had given it a shot on one of those now.
I've registered with global forge and am considering a few companies.

ETA:  Robinhood is interesting and there are several noteworthy cyber companies.

Last edited by a moderator:
:thumbup:  just updated my will.

"Investments, talk to @BassNBrew from the innerwebs."

"Accountant, use a tax software capable of uploading 100k+ transactions."
Accountant: I contacted @BassNBrew and he got back to me in 5 minutes to say he would help. He called 10 minutes later to say he was out. 

Then 2 hours later, he was back in again. I started to draw up a contract but he called to cancel. Then he called to say he would help a little bit. An hour later it was a little more. 40 minutes later he was all in and then 2 minutes after we hung up, he called to say he was exiting the position. 

Accountant: I contacted @BassNBrew and he got back to me in 5 minutes to say he would help. He called 10 minutes later to say he was out. 

Then 2 hours later, he was back in again. I started to draw up a contract but he called to cancel. Then he called to say he would help a little bit. An hour later it was a little more. 40 minutes later he was all in and then 2 minutes after we hung up, he called to say he was exiting the position. 
Accountant: I contacted @BassNBrew and he got back to me in 5 minutes to say he would help. He called 10 minutes later to say he was out. Accountant: I contacted @BassNBrew and he got back to me in 5 minutes to say he would help. He called 10 minutes later to say he was out. 

Then 2 hours later, he was back in again. I started to draw up a contract but he called to cancel. Then he called to say he would help a little bit. An hour later it was a little more. 40 minutes later he was all in and then 2 minutes after we hung up, he called to say he was exiting the position. Then 2 hours later, he was back in again. I started to draw up a contract but he called to cancel. Then he called to say he would help a little bit. An hour later it was a little more. 40 minutes later he was all in and then 2 minutes after we hung up, he called to say he was exiting the position. 

Accountant: I contacted @BassNBrew and he got back to me in 5 minutes to say he would help. He called 10 minutes later to say he was out. Accountant: I contacted @BassNBrew and he got back to me in 5 minutes to say he would help. He called 10 minutes later to say he was out. 

Then 2 hours later, he was back in again. I started to draw up a contract but he called to cancel. Then he called to say he would help a little bit. An hour later it was a little more. 40 minutes later he was all in and then 2 minutes after we hung up, he called to say he was exiting the position. Then 2 hours later, he was back in again. I started to draw up a contract but he called to cancel. Then he called to say he would help a little bit. An hour later it was a little more. 40 minutes later he was all in and then 2 minutes after we hung up, he called to say he was exiting the position. 
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

####### brilliant!

Other side of Coligny, not far down from there. Kids go there all the time. We rent one of the houses on the beach, makes it really easy for the kids and us bringing stuff back and forth and making lunch, etc. Nice not to have to plan the trips. That said, we split it four ways so that really helps make it not so bad. The prices keep going up every year. Feels like it’s double since we started going a decade ago although we were one row off the beach the first two years.
:thumbup:

The first time I ever visited, my future FIL had won a week long stay at the tractor supply house, beach front off Dune. I want to say near heron, but that was 24 years ago. (Side note, it's funny how life turns, my future in laws invited me to join them for spring break, 5 months before we got married, now we've been inviting them to stay with us every year in the house we rent. We get the place, they get the food.)

We've ridden by there most years to check out the area but the owner did a major renovation a few years ago. Nice area, we like the beach over there better than South Beach. 

:thumbup:

The first time I ever visited, my future FIL had won a week long stay at the tractor supply house, beach front off Dune. I want to say near heron, but that was 24 years ago. (Side note, it's funny how life turns, my future in laws invited me to join them for spring break, 5 months before we got married, now we've been inviting them to stay with us every year in the house we rent. We get the place, they get the food.)

We've ridden by there most years to check out the area but the owner did a major renovation a few years ago. Nice area, we like the beach over there better than South Beach. 
Nice. The beach is great where we are. Heron isn’t far away. We stay far enough from Coligny and from the hotels the opposite direction that it’s not crowded at all. Some people will wander down on bikes, but for the most part it’s just people who rent houses near us. We get out early and close down the beach when the lifeguards take umbrellas down. We’ll be at the beach all day which is easy to do since we walk right out. We always have a great time and the weather usually cooperates. I don’t think we had any real rain the entire week.

So what happens when college football is cancelled/postponed this week?  These “reopening plays” take a hit, or is that just to logical for this market?
"Everything is priced in"

Honestly, hotels and gambling stocks should drop when / if that happens.

But people will just keep gambling on stocks, so :shrug:

I feel like I am rolling down a mountain. Happened in early July so riding it out, but it’s funny to see stocks on a tear that miss revenue and/or earnings and have revenue drops up to 93% and they are up 10% and Vice versa stocks beating top and bottom and raising guidance down 20-30%. Not selling, but definitely looking to see what drops enough.

OK I am going to try this again since it worked last week.

Tech really just gonna fade like this?  Not even some half assed bounce or anything?

I feel like I am rolling down a mountain. Happened in early July so riding it out, but it’s funny to see stocks on a tear that miss revenue and/or earnings and have revenue drops up to 93% and they are up 10% and Vice versa stocks beating top and bottom and raising guidance down 20-30%. Not selling, but definitely looking to see what drops enough.
Anything looking tasty to add?  

Added to my LVGO position this morning at $112.07, put at $116.25.  

I feel like the money made since June  isn't real.

I feel like the money made since June  isn't real.
For this year, I agree. If I was a trader, probably would have sold some and jumped out but the start of earnings was all kinds of pops. Seemed like the Fastly/TDOC deal hit a wall and turned the sentiment around. That said, it turns on a dime. Once the other stuff is frothy (RCL up 10% on a 93% revenue drop seems it), it’ll rotate again. It’s hard to be a long term investor with all this daily volatility.

OK I am going to try this again since it worked last week.

Tech really just gonna fade like this?  Not even some half assed bounce or anything?
Not sure how low. Seems like there are exceptions but kind of gave up the late June/early July and late July/early August highs. For most they are in the mid July price range. Lots of profit taking. I think it’ll bounce back if the school reopenings and sports hit snags or we’ll just have to take a long term approach, which is hard since the market is like watching sports right now. As others have said, it is truly gambling right now.

I'm holding. I bailed too early on CYDY and won't do that again. I have 25,000 shares and will sell if it gets to $4. 
:) I like that call

Yeah, no kidding. I'm sitting on this one for awhile. Since I have so little in it I'm treating it as a bit of a CYDY hedge. 
Yep

Harder to not wish I bought more. 
Yep. 15k shares is decent though. If it gets to $4 / share, my 7th grader will have over 6 figures in his coverdell. Not bad for only depositing like $14k

Didn't expect to be up 14% on the position I built recently in a boring utility.
 Bought PPL as a safer, dividend, long term hold, but it's been keeping right up with some of my shorter plays.  Never would have known to check it out if it wasn't for this thread.

Up 5% today, dividend is only 0.8%.  Still holding a chunk in case it doesn't retreat, but I'm overweighted as I was adding on the pullbacks under $50.  I feel like I'll be able to add back again.
Samesies.

I have a core position to hold but might sell some in other accounts.

Edit - out in the trading account, holding in the hold account.  I was looking to get some cash, so this worked well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not yet. I do wonder what’s going on with FLGT though, up almost 20% today on no news. Great earnings a week or two ago but it ran up already. Not complaining just wondering.
Meet CLSK. Up 29% today after being up 16% iirc on Friday. On news of a partnership agreement released Friday. Apparently that agreement got twice as good over the weekend.

Not yet. I do wonder what’s going on with FLGT though, up almost 20% today on no news. Great earnings a week or two ago but it ran up already. Not complaining just wondering.
Was wondering that as well. I bought that when it was recommended a few weeks ago - then sold to buy some AAPL.

Thought about getting in again. 

Users who are viewing this thread