What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (12 Viewers)

Ugly day. Makes me want to sell off every ticker, buy index funds, and not watch the market. But that's what they want me to do. Under my dead body!

(((gulp)))

hodl?

Looks like I may have sold myself a little short on UVXY today, but that's OK. The first two tranches were bought so poorly, it was fortunate I was able to get out 5% up. Will finish today up >2%, so no complaints. But I need to leave that evil witch alone.
Yup, sold $.60 early myself, would have been close to even on the close.  But just wanted to get out and build up some cash.

I was referring to the price of bitcoin at market close yesterday vs today. Maybe i'm missing something or it is just the discount/premium changing.
So he was correct that the daily percentage changes on bitcoin vs GBTC won't line up because of the fact that crypto trades 24/7. But part of what you're seeing is it going from a premium to a discount. I bought more today and already have 1/3 of my net worth in crypto. 

Made a couple larger buys (adds) today.  BNKU at 40 and TQQQ at 87.  If they drop more tomorrow I'll buy more.  

So he was correct that the daily percentage changes on bitcoin vs GBTC won't line up because of the fact that crypto trades 24/7. But part of what you're seeing is it going from a premium to a discount. I bought more today and already have 1/3 of my net worth in crypto. 
Yeah I get the timing of GBTC and BTC trading hours.

It just seemed extreme that at market close yesterday bitcoin was at 49,174 and GBTC was at 48.40. Today at market close bitcoin was at 49,160 and GBTC closed at 45.64. I'm probably an idiot and missing something more than the premium swinging.

You got stones, that's for sure

Sold a bit of KO and bought a bit of DM for my kid.  10 year hold, at least.  Small portion of his account, so it if blows up it will a nice add, if not a 2% loss isn't a big deal.

Still holding my DM from Monday  :X .  Dang I picked a bad day to buy a bit of stuff.  Not a huge percent of the total, but damn it sucks to see stuff you bought 20% down in no time.

Sold a bit of KO and bought a bit of DM for my kid.  10 year hold, at least.  Small portion of his account, so it if blows up it will a nice add, if not a 2% loss isn't a big deal.

Still holding my DM from Monday  :X .  Dang I picked a bad day to buy a bit of stuff.  Not a huge percent of the total, but damn it sucks to see stuff you bought 20% down in no time.
I bought in also.  My gut said not to but i did.  Cool technology but the tech geeks here are obviously higher on it than the market.  

You don't say. My cost basis on this is $29.11. I guess I'm in it for the long haul. 

CRM reports outstanding numbers...stock drops more.
ETSY and ZS up after blowing out numbers. You still have those? Most of my stocks had great quarters. AMZN had their best quarter ever and they are down a bunch since reporting. Damn Bezos stepping down.

ETSY and ZS up after blowing out numbers. You still have those? Most of my stocks had great quarters. AMZN had their best quarter ever and they are down a bunch since reporting. Damn Bezos stepping down.
Nope.  Sold both for a gain because blowing it out (APPL and AMZN) wasn't good enough.

Debating if I want to sell some APPL and AMZN for a profit to chase other names or just sit tight and ride it out.

Nope.  Sold both for a gain because blowing it out (APPL and AMZN) wasn't good enough.

Debating if I want to sell some APPL and AMZN for a profit to chase other names or just sit tight and ride it out.
I’ve got a bit of everything I like minus a few new suggestions that I don’t have enough of, so I’m just sitting tight. Still feel like there’s a little more angst to squeeze out. I will be looking tomorrow/this weekend to see if I want to spread some of my long time winners around more rather than get too low cash wise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Help...anyone else get one of these?

Why are you receiving this letter?

FIDELITY INVESTMENTS P.O. Box 28019
Albuquerque, NM 87125-8019

You’re receiving this letter to notify you that the Limited Partnership (LP) and/or Master Limited Partnership (MLP) holdings in your retirement account(s), listed below, are currently being reviewed to determine whether an IRS Form 990-T filing is required for tax year 2020. If it is determined that your account(s) has a Form 990-T filing requirement, an extension will be filed on behalf of the IRA and you will be notified when this action is taken by the end of May.

Rollover IRA

UNITED STS OIL FD LP UNITS 1 FOR 8 R/S1

I admire your set of stones my friend.  :hifive:

Yeah I get the timing of GBTC and BTC trading hours.

It just seemed extreme that at market close yesterday bitcoin was at 49,174 and GBTC was at 48.40. Today at market close bitcoin was at 49,160 and GBTC closed at 45.64. I'm probably an idiot and missing something more than the premium swinging.
Nope not an idiot, it’s just the market taking a dump today so GBTC didn’t track the price of Bitcoin like it’s supposed to. 

Users who are viewing this thread