What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (11 Viewers)

The SPACS are actually pretty strong today.  

So glad I got out of the pretend money mining business.  Just wish I'd dumped all the pretend money on the last run up.  
I think SPACs are so close to the $10 price or so far down from their highs that there isn’t much more to go down. Same with a bunch of the tech stocks that are still having great earnings. If a stock is down 50% but their business is still killing it, you start to get to that people won’t let it go lower. I think that’s where SPACs are. I know that a bunch of them will be worth squadoosh in a few years once their stated 2025 revenue growth wasn’t based in reality, but as of right now, they likely won’t go lower without an overall rout.

In the latest 13F filings, Michael Burry's fund has a $500M PUT against TESLA. The biggest player against GME has been Citadel and their allies. If some of these allies fall, TESLA will fall as Citadel is long on Tesla.
This doesn’t have anything to do with whatever this theory is, but apparently that $500 million figure is misunderstood and mis-reported. People think he’s risking $500+ million but it’s likely $50 million worth of puts with an underlying stock value of $500 million and it’s likely more complicated than that.

This doesn’t have anything to do with whatever this theory is, but apparently that $500 million figure is misunderstood and mis-reported. People think he’s risking $500+ million but it’s likely $50 million worth of puts with an underlying stock value of $500 million and it’s likely more complicated than that.
It's garbage reporting.  The $500 million number was actually the value of the TSLA shares that all of the put contracts represent.

He's long 8000 puts, which if executed are worth 800k TSLA shares, which the article was saying 800k TSLA shares are worth $534 million.

There is zero mention of how much the 8000 puts cost Burry so no idea how much money he actually put into the short position.

The puts could be monthly puts that are way OTM that cost like $0.05 each, or they could be ATM leaps that were $20 each.  Or a mix of both.  We have no idea if his short position cost him $100 or $100,000,000.

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, for people that like buying the Greyscale stocks, the spread is very low. My ####### bought some more GBTC the day before Musk pulled the rug out and it was $41 and BTC was $54k. Typically there’s been about an 8-10 difference in the values. Right now it’s sound 5-7 so maybe GBTC hasn’t gone down as much.

By the way, for people that like buying the Greyscale stocks, the spread is very low. My ####### bought some more GBTC the day before Musk pulled the rug out and it was $41 and BTC was $54k. Typically there’s been about an 8-10 difference in the values. Right now it’s sound 5-7 so maybe GBTC hasn’t gone down as much.
Yeah the discount seems to shrink during large momentum moves and grow when BTC is consolidating and moving slowly.  I have mostly the actual coin but some GBTC as well and surprised it wasn't hurting a lot more this morning.

On days where my entire watchlist except two are red, makes me wonder why these two are green. QCLN and UWMC. with QCLN it's even more surprising with Tesla down 4%

AMD doing a $4 Billion share buy back.  Stock green. 
I can’t wait until that XLNX acquisition actually happens. No idea why it’s taking so much longer than other ones. MRVL bought IPHI at the same time and it’s been done for a bit and this one is supposed to be late this year. I’m holding because I like AMD and there’s another 8% gain as soon as it happens and AMD is 33% from its high and is still rolling.

I don't get the joke. The votes are for the GME annual shareholders meeting. Ryan Cohen likely already knows the running vote total, but I expect all of us will hear the totals at the 6/9 annual meeting. Some of us believe there are a lot more votes than the 70 million shares of stock.

Sold my BLDP on the upswing today and double downed on MUDS
Bought a little starter position here.  Finally got in at the price that I posted it here back in April.  I posted and then didn't buy it - super glad to get a second shot at it.  Did MUDSU instead.

Also bought a little IVV this morning at the local low.

BLDP is killing me - luckily that portion of the account is mostly in DFS, which has been :moneybag: .

so he is bullish on TESLA with a $500M put? I agree it is a hedge of some sort, but Michael Burry is a value investor. The stock with the ridiculous P/E ratio is not something Burry is predicting for a big push up. 

so he is bullish on TESLA with a $500M put. I agree it is a hedge of some sort, but Michael Burry is a value investor. The stock with the ridiculous P/E ratio is not something Burry is predicting for a big push up. 
I was only responding to the dollar amount getting pushed by the media, not anything else.

I don't get the joke. The votes are for the GME annual shareholders meeting. Ryan Cohen likely already knows the running vote total, but I expect all of us will hear the totals at the 6/9 annual meeting. Some of us believe there are a lot more votes than the 70 million shares of stock.
It’s just another date in the future where SOMETHING BIG is gonna happen, but instead of mass arrests and trials, it’s hedge funds getting gutted or whatever.

so he is bullish on TESLA with a $500M put? I agree it is a hedge of some sort, but Michael Burry is a value investor. The stock with the ridiculous P/E ratio is not something Burry is predicting for a big push up. 
He is bearish on the stock.  Bought puts, and not likely a hedge since I believe he has to file a 13F and doesn't have any TSLA holdings in there.

As McB mentioned it was the erroneous dollar amount that was the goof in the reporting (or at least misrepresented), not the direction of the trade.

It’s just another date in the future where SOMETHING BIG is gonna happen, but instead of mass arrests and trials, it’s hedge funds getting gutted or whatever.
I am just holding my GameStop shares. I don't know the future, but just like a lot of other people dabbling in stocks, I like to TRY and read the tea leaves about a stock's direction.

Just like I opted to tell a FBG person that TESLA could be a risky play based on Michael Burry's recently announced position. Maybe he had not considered that when placing his bet today.

As for GameStop, I think their future looks extremely bright under Ryan Cohen's leadership so I am not likely selling anytime soon regardless of any squeeze potential.

I am not sure why you are trying to connect words I am stating about stocks to some political nonsense. Keep that crap in the political forum.

I am just holding my GameStop shares. I don't know the future, but just like a lot of other people dabbling in stocks, I like to TRY and read the tea leaves about a stock's direction.

Just like I opted to tell a FBG person that TESLA could be a risky play based on Michael Burry's recently announced position. Maybe he had not considered that when placing his bet today.

As for GameStop, I think their future looks extremely bright under Ryan Cohen's leadership so I am not likely selling anytime soon regardless of any squeeze potential.

I am not sure why you are trying to connect words I am stating about stocks to some political nonsense. Keep that crap in the political forum.
It was a joke, Francis.

Man, I really should have unloaded on UPST in the low 80s last week. Didn’t think it would $125 that quick.
This thing is swinging like Fulgent did - you might have your chance to get in lower as a result, but if not, it's still under $10 billion with such a mind-bogglingly huge TAM you won't care when you're retired and sipping drinks on the island you bought. 

I'm tempted to add, but I have my starter position and will put 06/14 on my calendar as that is their lockup expiration. I'll add after that, even though I know I risk paying a lot more.

This thing is swinging like Fulgent did - you might have your chance to get in lower as a result, but if not, it's still under $10 billion with such a mind-bogglingly huge TAM you won't care when you're retired and sipping drinks on the island you bought. 

I'm tempted to add, but I have my starter position and will put 06/14 on my calendar as that is their lockup expiration. I'll add after that, even though I know I risk paying a lot more.
I love it and hopefully it has some big swings again. Just lamenting going in slowly. Like I said, I’ve got almost 100 shares so it’s nice but I’m too conservative for my own good sometimes. In five years, 80 or 125 isn’t going to make much difference. I think I’ll keep digging through the stuff I need to dump to build up some bigger positions in the stocks I really like.

Speaking of which, FLGT is still pretty cheap long term as well.

Kohl's with one of the best earnings reports of the season.  $1.05 v 4 cents expected.  3.89 billion revenue v. $3.48 expected.  Raised guidance.  Down 5% on that news.  I don't own any because I decided to sell all the companies like that at for 40-50% gains to load up on Amazon and tech.  Just find this market very strange when STONKS that perform go down and STONKS that don't make money go up.

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
F will be interesting this morning.  I have tried to reserve a truck and Ford's website just shows a "X" when I go to make a payment.  Either they sold out their reservations or can't deliver a functioning website to take orders.  Not reading much online to figure out which.

Users who are viewing this thread