What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (12 Viewers)

They’re getting some non-ARC revenue from their Zebra acquisition (called Nanox AI now) but I still have governance concerns while Poliakine is still around. He’ll stop being CEO in January but will still be Executive Chairman.

This is still an A/B outcome right?  If they get approval for their entire system 🚀 🚀 🚀If not  :bag:   :bag:   :bag:

Right. I think that yield is one pretty strong indication that dramatic stock price appreciation isn’t in the cards for UWMC. I’d own it for income but that’s it.

RKT needs to go ahead and institute a dividend to give people at least one reason to own it outside of WSB going after it.
I mean at these prices someone is just going to try to take it private again or UWMC just buys back more and more stock. It just throws off too much cash.

Somewhat reminiscent  of how nobody wanted to own banks last year so they were just trading at silly valuations to book.

RKT at least trades at a premium, something like 10x 2022 projected earnings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean at these prices someone is just going to try to take it private again or UWMC just buys back more and more stock. It just throws off too much cash.

Somewhat reminiscent  of how nobody wanted to own banks last year so they were just trading at silly valuations to book.

RKT at least trades at a premium, something like 10x 2022 projected earnings.
Does the convertible assets keep that from happening?  Interesting point and would make sense for someone to take it private.    

This is where I got trapped on UWMC, thinking it might actually break out from being a sub 1x.  

Down a little today, which ain’t bad considering the recent runs, but loving the FLGT action. Added a bunch (more than doubled my shares) in the mid 70s and that’s worked well. Here’s to hopefully a great 5-10 year run from here. 

With Rivian making news lately, the Lucid Sky car getting high praise, and Tesla being overvalued....it might be time sell some Tesla shares.
So this group caught my eye.  But I have a concern.  This is the "luxury" EV, yes?  They might not have a ton of competition now, but it's coming.  I can't figure out what their niche would then be once the others begin catching up.

Does the convertible assets keep that from happening?  Interesting point and would make sense for someone to take it private.    

This is where I got trapped on UWMC, thinking it might actually break out from being a sub 1x.  

Yeah, I'm not really sure. The more I have dug into the capital structure the more confusing it gets. Trying to reconcile the numbers shown on sites with their earnings statement. Maybe I'm just a sucker too :lol:  

Down a little today, which ain’t bad considering the recent runs, but loving the FLGT action. Added a bunch (more than doubled my shares) in the mid 70s and that’s worked well. Here’s to hopefully a great 5-10 year run from here. 
that gift horse was to obvious. Sold all that I bought just prior to earnings to lock in a 20%+ gain

added SE and Uwmc

I just did. I have way too much but can't help myself, will unload some when it bounces.
I’m curious…I was under the impression that the gaming side to SE was it’s cash cow. If that is potentially losing steam anyone else have concerns about them?

I’m curious…I was under the impression that the gaming side to SE was it’s cash cow. If that is potentially losing steam anyone else have concerns about them?
I'm in it for their e-comm and payments. The advantage they had over other e-comm plays was they could use the gaming cash to fund growth in those areas. Otherwise, they'd have more dilution and debt, which is typical for e-comm plays when they are trying to gain dominance in their markets. So, the gaming is/was a nice bonus but that's not why you buy $SE with a 5-10 year outlook.

Gave up the ghost on DKNG and puked it all out, which I should have done 2 weeks ago when I thought about it.  Stupid and stubborn.

Anybody own META?  I know RBLX is one of the holdings in there, but seems like a cheap way to jump into meta-universe, but like everything else, I'm sure I missed the boat on this one.

Also seeking opinions on BITF from you crypto guys.  

• Smile
Reactions: KGB
Gave up the ghost on DKNG and puked it all out, which I should have done 2 weeks ago when I thought about it.  Stupid and stubborn.

Anybody own META?  I know RBLX is one of the holdings in there, but seems like a cheap way to jump into meta-universe, but like everything else, I'm sure I missed the boat on this one.

I should sell my DKNG too but I'm being extra stubborn and still have 25% to give up in my Roth before I go red.  DT account is ugly.  Possible tax whack in December.

Have META in my Roth.  Recent buy for me and a long.  Plan to cut some from ARKK (Largest Roth holding) and move to META.  

Is it a IRA thing as to why you don't just buy the real thing?

Bought a chunk this AM

Hanging on for the sleigh ride
I added a bit more on the dip. They beat Q3 and raised expectations for Q4. I guess it dipped because they are near their all time high, but everything looks in place for a huge holiday season (stocked up in advance of supply chain issues/seasonal employees plans). Might have to sell a bit before the next earnings call since they have a history of selling off the day after,, no matter how good the results are. 

Just dumped the last of mine.

Still made a nice profit of 50%

May come back at a later point when the gambling biz shakes out some

Now I have to hold a little longer.  ;)

I should sell my DKNG too but I'm being extra stubborn and still have 25% to give up in my Roth before I go red.  DT account is ugly.  Possible tax whack in December.

Have META in my Roth.  Recent buy for me and a long.  Plan to cut some from ARKK (Largest Roth holding) and move to META.  

Is it a IRA thing as to why you don't just buy the real thing?

Same but more than likely selling mid-December for taxes.  I don't want to miss what seems to be a predictable Santa Claus rally.  Will be extra stubborn and buy back mid-January. 

I want to sell my DKNG and may not hold it a lot longer but don't think this is the time to do it.

Unlike some others that I own, this one in the short term should bounce a little.  Not sure how soon we see $50 again but I don't think it will be in the 30s for that long.  Targeting mid 40s and then I may exit

Will see but holding for now

• Smile
Reactions: KGB
Same but more than likely selling mid-December for taxes.  I don't want to miss what seems to be a predictable Santa Claus rally.  Will be extra stubborn and buy back mid-January. 
Year end 2018 is on the table too so be careful. All it takes is the Fed to pivot in December. Just being Devils Advocate here. 

Year end 2018 is on the table too so be careful. All it takes is the Fed to pivot in December. Just being Devils Advocate here. 
Another strong S&P year too, maybe some reallocation to all those funds with a stock to bond ratio limit or lifecycle funds.  Does your company work with those types or anything you see on the horizon with reallocations?     

I’m sure this is just like debt ceilings and other things that always make scary headlines but eventually get worked out.
Agreed, although there's a pretty good chance it gets worked out with lower fees (profits), which obviously hurts them.

I own a #### ton of both MA and V, have for a long time and they've been berry, berry good to me, but I've always had in the back of my mind that their high fees/margins can't last forever, and they ain't cheap.

6% from UWMC is just fine with me. 
I would be too, if the price stopped dropping and leveled out.  6-7% divy is nice change but when the stock keeps dropping 20-25% each quarter it's hard to hold onto.  That's the part that annoys me the most for a company that had good beats and seems to be a legit business too.  

Obvious tax cut for me, but I may revisit in time if it ever stabilizes. 

Been busy the past coupla days. Buying JIMA around $14. Long term hold. Trimmed a smidge of AAPL and AMZN, following todem's lead and generating more-than-usual cash. Trimmed some DPLS which has just been an ATM machine for those of us trading it. Thinking about selling all of my SKT on the recent pop, maybe just half.

Probably will buy some near-the-money BABA December calls on the big pull back this morning, a trade not an investment. I also like MHK as a trade (and also as an investment, by the way), Selling covered calls on QS and LAZR every time they have an unexplained pop, buying the calls back on the inevitable retreat.

I feel like this inflationary sword of Damocles is hanging over our heads ready to slice and dice. Between inflation and supply chain issues and the prospect of raising rates, I've got a lot of tension in my shoulders, but generating cash helps ease that.

Speaking of disasters, Buffett and Wood favorite STNE.

:toilet:
I would never have known about it with him. Flush is right. At this point, just holding it because the business is still growing well so if they can get out of the muck, it’ll jump a lot. Right now, it’s not a lot but damn if I should have dumped when it was worth double.

Users who are viewing this thread