What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (8 Viewers)

Thought nvda reported today. Was very surprised to see no movement after hours lol
They can't blow up on earnings again...can they?

I can’t imagine but I guess so. I would expect even the slightest divergence off of expectations would bring a lot of red.
The divergence (if there is today) is if huge vendors hold back orders to wait for the next gen chips.

If so….it could create an opportunity to add more long term if it’s a violent pullback.

But I expect stupid growth numbers yet again for NVDA.

With their growth rate and profits it’s not that expensive.
It’s not that expensive now. I do think they will hit another lull like they did for mining and gaming. In the past they’ve had a lot of cycles. Right now they are charging whatever they want so it will be interesting to see how long that lasts before the data center folks don’t need more and competition gets stronger. They are the leaders but this isn’t like Apple and iPhones where they own the ecosystem. I also don’t want to act like they aren’t going to do well or make money but they’ve been interesting because they’ve had periods scarcity before followed by lulls. The YoY comps have been so crazy because the year prior their revenue went down.
They are selling the pick axes for the gold rush (AI) and are way ahead of everyone else.

It’s compelling. And I expect it to last a while.

Still riding this pony.
Giddy up!

SPY is down 0.5% and Nasdaq 0.3% and we're ruh roh'ing and asking to be saved?

Ya'll have gone soft. That's like the 657th most volatile day out of the last 1000 days.

Lighten up, Francois, we ARE permitted to joke around in here from time to time. Nobody in here in panicking, just commenting on the suddenness of our stonks going from green to red on the day. I haven't gone to cash for crying out loud.

Reactions: jwb
Lighten up, Francois, we ARE permitted to joke around in here from time to time. Nobody in here in panicking, just commenting on the suddenness of our stonks going from green to red on the day. I haven't gone to cash for crying out loud.

Wait, but you guys said "uh oh" and "hmmmmmm". Now you're saying I shouldn't have sold all of my stonks and gone into half physical uranium and half dogwifhat?

Ya'll have gone soft. That's like the 657th most volatile day out of the last 1000 days.

heh yea I know. Just some goofing around in the stock thread after a few boring days. Not like anyone sold anything (I hope not).

Taking a shot with some $ELF calls - they report tonight. I like what a floundering Target said about beauty and ELF really only went down hard because of ULTA, not because of anything they did themselves. This is a fun money play but I do have a position in an IRA. Seems like a terrible environment to do this, but screw it.

Look here whippersnapper, back in my day we didn't ruh roh for anything less than a 2% move in a 5 minute span.

Taking a shot with some $ELF calls - they report tonight. I like what a floundering Target said about beauty and ELF really only went down hard because of ULTA, not because of anything they did themselves. This is a fun money play but I do have a position in an IRA. Seems like a terrible environment to do this, but screw it.
welp - good numbers but I guess guidance was bad.

Went from -12% initially to now slightly green once everybody remembered they sandbag every single quarter.

Went from -12% initially to now slightly green once everybody remembered they sandbag every single quarter.

This escalated quickly.

Nvda’s market cap crossed 2.5T. Crazy.
We are in the very early innings of the AI revolution.

And I mean early. As crazy as this market cap seems……it’s going to continue to go higher.

In the meantime did everyone pick up some more SBUX at its 5 year low we talked about a few weeks back?

Also I have been accumulating CVS down here. Outstanding value…..and their biggest asset is? Data base….user information. Very low multiple, excellent dividend.

25-35% upside in the next 12-18 months.

Last edited:

And I mean early. As crazy as this market cap seems……it’s going to continue to go higher.

In the meantime fid everyone pick up some more SBUX at its 5 year low we talked about a few weeks back?

Also I have been accumulating CVS down here. Outstanding value…..and their biggest asset is? Data base….user information. Very low multiple, excellent dividend.

No concerns that this could be another walgreens?

In the meantime fid everyone pick up some more SBUX at its 5 year low we talked about a few weeks back?

Their brick and mortar accounts for about 20% of their revenue.

This to me screams 25-35% turnaround trade inside 12-18 months.

The biggest asset in the AI revolution over the next decade is your user database and the information you have on each person.

They have a massive one. Massive.

We've got to be able to identify the beneficiaries of the AI boom. It won't only be NVDA. Maybe it's competition, maybe it's complementary services, maybe it's yet to be identified. Who will be the Oracle to Microsoft, the Dell to Hewlett-Packard, the Sun Microsystems to IBM?

Can Palantir be the software platform that companies rely on to leverage AI? They have a strong hold on government contracts and are moving to the commercial private sector. If they can do in private industry what they've done at the federal level, they will do very well...

I’ve been thinking about this a bit, too. Who else will benefit that hasn’t already gone parabolic? Thinking software companies like Adobe, SIs like Accenture, data center REITs, that kind of thing.
I hesitate to bring anything growthy up here anymore because how people trade and scale are different and so are risk appetites but...

They're up big recently and today but $CLS is still cheap. Using AI in logistics, growing fast.
Did anyone ever hop on the $CLS train with me? Up around 50% since I mentioned it here in February. Forward P/E still only 16.9 but obviously it's been on a tear for a while now.

Anecdotally, my daughter and her friends seem to vastly prefer Sephora.
(My knowledge of the businesses is limited to, "Oh, pretty!!")

Any thoughts on $ULTA? Quite a drop, but they appear to have support at $370 and ELF just had a nice pop after earnings.

Ulta and ELF aren’t comparable. Elf is a product that is sold in ULTA and many other places. They are a low cost and fast growing alternative to pricier options. If you scroll up a little, you’ll see I bought ELF options right before market close last night because they had dropped in sympathy with ULTA, but shouldn’t have. The other reason I did it was because Target said on their earnings call yesterday that everything was terrible except for beauty. I decided that meant ELF did well since it’s in that category but consumers are pulling in the reigns a little, so maybe ELF was the real winner. That went very well!

That said, ULTA is dirt cheap, well run, and I’m watching. It does seem like Sephora is really challenging them, though. I might need to see a quarter or two and risk missing a rally.

The biggest asset in the AI revolution over the next decade is your user database and the information you have on each person.

Bought a chunk of CVS this am

Thanks for the tip

Bought a chunk of CVS this am

Thanks for the tip
Yea I bought some the other day when he mentioned it. I owe todem multiple beers.

CEG tearing it up. Wish I had bought it even further back than a few months ago when one of y’all mentioned it again.

I'm all for dabbling and speculation but ether is a trash crypto and these ETH etfs are gonna end badly which will result in the biggest blow to crypto as a whole since FTX and SBF.

If anything, rather than buy the Etf's, buy ETH in self custody and stake it. They ETF's had to remove staking from their proposals in order to get the approval which should theoretically raise staking rates for everyone else participating.

I call ether trash because it doesn't have the supply restraints that bitcoin does which is the whole allure to me.

Users who are viewing this thread