What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (3 Viewers)

$GME is now sitting on $2.1 billion in cash and very little debt. What are they setting themselves up to buy?

A treasury conversion of even 25% of that would be like throwing gas on that fire for both $GME and bitcoin.

I'm all for dabbling and speculation but ether is a trash crypto and these ETH etfs are gonna end badly which will result in the biggest blow to crypto as a whole since FTX and SBF.

If anything, rather than buy the Etf's, buy ETH in self custody and stake it. They ETF's had to remove staking from their proposals in order to get the approval which should theoretically raise staking rates for everyone else participating.

I call ether trash because it doesn't have the supply restraints that bitcoin does which is the whole allure to me.

Or if you're willing to take on an additional smart contract risk there are various tokenless platforms you can stake it in and earn airdrops which can be quite lucrative.

The allure of ETH is that it is decentralized money that can actually be used in transactions (whereas bitcoin feasibly cannot), because paying someone else to hold and restrict our own access to our own money with regular fiat is just the dumbest thing ever. The downside is that it is very expensive to use which is why I really like something like Solana, although you lose the decentralization there.

For the record, the bitcoin miners will be fine. The halvening is not going to result in their revenues being cut in half. Bitcoin's creator accounted for all of this in the original thesis. Last cycle they pumped after the halvening and I expect the same this time around.

Favorites:

$mara
$hut

Others:
$clsk
$wulf
$riot
$bitf

ETA: $MARA under $20 is the best value currently to make a 3 month- 3 year play on bitcoin. Most hash rate and Largest bitcoin reserves out of all of them. Still recovering from the million shares they had to dillute last month to buy more equipment.

Im in for 911 shares at an average cost of $29.20. Most of it ive been holding since 2021 waiting to get back to green.
Looked into it and bought some MARA that day ($19.20). Up over 5% Friday. Went up after this story hit the news https://finance.yahoo.com/news/marathon-digital-holdings-enters-agreement-152300108.html

10 straight days of positive etf inflows and very little gross outflows.

We will hit a new all time high in the next few days.
Fiddlesticks.

Mt Gox just moved $3 billion in btc to pay back its creditors. Now its not due back until October but it very likely could pay out in the next few weeks.

Thats gonna suck up weeks of liquidity.

This payback is one of the last big humps for the liquidity squeeze. Mt Gox still sitting on about $9 billion worth.

June might be another sideways month. Might be enough to make it a sideways summer.

Booo. Hope I'm over reacting.

DKNG, wait!

All because Illinois looks like they're raising the tax on sports betting? Is this reaction assuming we'll see more of that across other states, I would assume?

@hooter311 know anything about Bitfarms? $BITF. Riot tried to take them out for $2.30 and it’s still trading at $2.18 premarket, might get hostile. I think I’m going to gamble on this one a little.

Stock halted premarket. $BITF responded with a news release saying the offer was way too low, and that RIOT didn’t respond to requests for standard privacy agreements so they could continue the discussion. Also said they got other offers from others who did enter those agreements. I hope this means bidding war! :popcorn:

ETA: Nothing happened so I exited a little above even. I have no desire to hang onto whatever this is for an extended period of time.

Last edited:
I've just gotten to the point of letting my winners just keep running.

Today I added to: MDB, ADBE, ORCL, CRWD, and CAVA.

CRM getting destroyed on earnings miss.
Hmmm. @Todem ?
Rotation going on with institutional investors moving away from software/saas into semis. I’m in saas, and think it’s going to be a tough stretch here. My company doesn’t release earnings until next week, but caught shrapnel from CRM and got hammered today.
Long term? Still good businesses. But could be painful for the next few quarters.

CRM getting destroyed on earnings miss.
Hmmm. @Todem ?
Rotation going on with institutional investors moving away from software/saas into semis. I’m in saas, and think it’s going to be a tough stretch here. My company doesn’t release earnings until next week, but caught shrapnel from CRM and got hammered today.
Long term? Still good businesses. But could be painful for the next few quarters.
Sounds like the perfect time to buy for a longer term investor.

Bought puts on DJT yesterday morning and felt pretty good about those after-hours. Somehow that ticker reversed before the open so may need to buy more. No rational reason for that stock to be trading at $50.

Bought puts on DJT yesterday morning and felt pretty good about those after-hours. Somehow that ticker reversed before the open so may need to buy more. No rational reason for that stock to be trading at $50.
Check the unlock period. Low float might sustain it short term until the insiders start dumping.

Roaring Kitty posted his GME holdings on reddit. It’s gonna be a Meme-a-palooza tomorrow: https://www.reddit.com/r/Superstonk/s/JxRPDcFwVi
Do you believe he’s got over $115M in shares and another $60M in cash and options? According to this https://www.thestreet.com/investors/keith-gill-net-worth, he had 6-7 times less than that image. Interesting, but not sure I buy it but then again, who cares. I do know GME has gained another chunk of future bag holders with their stock sale. Still baffles me how the price jumps when you get diluted a bunch.

Roaring Kitty posted his GME holdings on reddit. It’s gonna be a Meme-a-palooza tomorrow: https://www.reddit.com/r/Superstonk/s/JxRPDcFwVi
Do you believe he’s got over $115M in shares and another $60M in cash and options? According to this https://www.thestreet.com/investors/keith-gill-net-worth, he had 6-7 times less than that image. Interesting, but not sure I buy it but then again, who cares. I do know GME has gained another chunk of future bag holders with their stock sale. Still baffles me how the price jumps when you get diluted a bunch.

No idea. Maybe he’s leveraged and knows he can make his calls profitable simply by making this post. I’m just hoping it pulls other risk assets up with it because I bought some OKTA calls for a swing on Friday right before the market spiked into the close (look at me!) and wouldn’t mind cashing already.

No idea. Maybe he’s leveraged and knows he can make his calls profitable simply by making this post. I’m just hoping it pulls other risk assets up with it because I bought some OKTA calls for a swing on Friday right before the market spiked into the close (look at me!) and wouldn’t mind cashing already.
I have no doubt that he knows the crowd can make him richer every time. I still laugh that the meme crowd seems to ignore that he’s a rich guy that was a broker and he absolutely gamed the system back in 2021 knowing way more than the average retail investor.

Robinhood has 24 hour trading on GME (not sure how that's possible, I guess only with the shares they custody?) and it's only up 20% which seems like it might still be low before the market opens.

I'm going to grab some. Time to ride. One. Last. Time.

Update: It's only up 20% there because on the 24-hr trading you can't submit a bid higher than 20% of the last price when the market was open, and there are no more asks within 20% of the last market price.

So there are only bids right now. No offers. So can't buy it unless someone lists a bunch of shares suddenly.

Kramer just really gave the ultimate green light on DEO.

And I quote "I don't want to own Diageo no way no how"

Buy with confidence for the long term.
Diageo back to those January 2024 levels which are near a five-year low. Another buying opportunity for you degenerate drinkers out there who like a 3% dividend.

Diageo back to those January 2024 levels which are near a five-year low. Another buying opportunity for you degenerate drinkers out there who like a 3% dividend.

Another one that never seems to get going as a forever holding even if it seems like it should. Gained less than 7% overall in the last ten years, not including the dividend.

It has surges and looks due for one, though. Might need to just trade this one.

Another one that never seems to get going as a forever holding even if it seems like it should. Gained less than 7% overall in the last ten years, not including the dividend.

Yes, I traded it from January to the spring when I sold. I’ll buy a half batch to get back in today.

What are y’all’s thoughts on the weight loss drug stocks, more room to run or missed the rocket ship? Which ones are you buying if any

Younger generation is moving away from alcohol. I don't see the macro driver here to make this a compelling buy.

Younger generation is moving away from alcohol. I don't see the macro driver here to make this a compelling buy.
A defensive holding at 5 year lows with a 3% dividend and 20% upside over the next 12-18 months.

This is a trade.

Tea leaf reading in youth and alcohol is not what I would be doing here with this “trade”

Buying two fistfuls of $NICE today. Insane overreaction to the CEO retiring. He'll still be there for the rest of the year, help find the successor, and stay on the board through 2026. Bargain at this price.

Never heard of this one.

In for 100 shares. Let's go!

Man, if this works out, I'm naming my next kid McBokonon Malaise.

:thumbup:

Man, I don't know how much longer I can hold on to this one. Down 12% since I bought it. Other than a shake up at the CEO, what's hurting this thing? AI in general just having a bad run? I see analysts with a PT of $285 and $265 so there's optimism out there.

Buying two fistfuls of $NICE today. Insane overreaction to the CEO retiring. He'll still be there for the rest of the year, help find the successor, and stay on the board through 2026. Bargain at this price.

Never heard of this one.

Man, I don't know how much longer I can hold on to this one. Down 12% since I bought it. Other than a shake up at the CEO, what's hurting this thing? AI in general just having a bad run? I see analysts with a PT of $285 and $265 so there's optimism out there.
Yeah, I think this (unless your name is NVDA) - it's frustrating but I never intended this one to be a short term trade. Seems to be just tech/macro related. Even my precious $AXON has dipped a bit over the last month or so - to the point I'm thinking about adding to it for the first time in over two years. But ANET, SMCI, etc. are all getting hit so I don't think it's company specific (it was with the CEO thing, but not since then, I don't think.)

This younger generation is foolish with all their THC and fancy mushrooms.
... If I know alcohol, it will make a strong comeback. Invest now and stay ahead of the curve.

Never heard of this one.

Glad I waited on this. The numbers look good now but it’s on a down trend and the market isn’t exactly blowing up right now so I could see it go lower from here. Again, seems like a buy even now but there’s no upward momentum.

Never heard of this one.

Yeah, I think this (unless your name is NVDA) - it's frustrating but I never intended this one to be a short term trade. Seems to be just tech/macro related. Even my precious $AXON has dipped a bit over the last month or so - to the point I'm thinking about adding to it for the first time in over two years. But ANET, SMCI, etc. are all getting hit so I don't think it's company specific (it was with the CEO thing, but not since then, I don't think.)

I'll give it a longer leash. There's been some active buying by big boys on the dip and while some analysts are downgrading the name and cutting their price targets, those targets are way above the current price, so I think the upside is really juicy and a patient investor will be rewarded.

If I get down 20% or more, I'll revisit. Thanks for the idea and let's keep in touch on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread