What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Streaming Defense** Weeks 14-16 FF Playoffs (1 Viewer)

rickyg said:
Everything hinges on how rg3 looks in week 14. If he is good rg3, Cleveland might not represent as tasty a matchup as we thought before so have a contingency plan in place.  
Who the heck is this good rg3 you speak of? He completed fewer than half his passes, took 3 sacks, fumbled once, and threw a pick in his one game this year. Streamers should be so lucky.

rickyg said:
Everything hinges on how rg3 looks in week 14. If he is good rg3, Cleveland might not represent as tasty a matchup as we thought before so have a Contingency Plan in place.
RG3 only got one game under his belt before going down but technically CLE has been least generous to DSTs when Kessler is under center. They're still generally generous because that OL is a mess, they've given up 45 sacks on the year, the next closest is SF with 39.

I expressed concern over BUF earlier but for now I'm sticking with the BUF/SD pairing for weeks 15 and 16. I feel like the floor has to be safe.

In my Yahoo league they've given up point totals of 11, 12, 7, 8, 10, 6, 7, 2, 8, 15, 22 and 23 to opposing DSTs since week 1.

Edit: The 2 points was NYJ's total, they really suck.

Last edited by a moderator:
KC is my best D/ST, but I'm afraid of them throwing up a dud vs. a tough Oakland offense in a must-win situation for me (against a tough opponent, mind you). My other defenses are Pitt (vs. Buffalo) and the Jags (vs. Minny). We have huge rosters, so there's literally only 4 defenses on the wire, of which the best options are San Fran (vs. the Jets) or Indy (vs. Houston).

I'm leaning towards rolling with the Steelers as they've been hot lately and the Bills should be good to give up a few negative plays. The real issue for me is should I play my "stud" defense in the Chiefs tonight or pass on them and ponder my options for Sunday.

KC is my best D/ST, but I'm afraid of them throwing up a dud vs. a tough Oakland offense in a must-win situation for me (against a tough opponent, mind you). My other defenses are Pitt (vs. Buffalo) and the Jags (vs. Minny). We have huge rosters, so there's literally only 4 defenses on the wire, of which the best options are San Fran (vs. the Jets) or Indy (vs. Houston).

I'm leaning towards rolling with the Steelers as they've been hot lately and the Bills should be good to give up a few negative plays. The real issue for me is should I play my "stud" defense in the Chiefs tonight or pass on them and ponder my options for Sunday.
I feel for you on this  --KC is # 3 def in my yahoo league and Oak is the best in NOT giving up points to defenses (1.67 avg!).  THAT SAID guess which was the only team defense who scored more than 4 fantasy points on them?  KC --in Oakland and they scored 10 in my league   --- I would play them. They are a stud D playing at home.

kyoun1e said:
It took me 13 weeks to realize this but outside of SEA and DEN (and maybe MN), I think all D's are streaming Ds.
I'm not sure SEA isn't a streamer now with Thomas out.

I own SEA but picked up DET last night and seriously considering them after what they did to Brees last week and this week vs Barkley at home. Can't imagine SEA containing GB at home very well.

I feel for you on this  --KC is # 3 def in my yahoo league and Oak is the best in NOT giving up points to defenses (1.67 avg!).  THAT SAID guess which was the only team defense who scored more than 4 fantasy points on them?  KC --in Oakland and they scored 10 in my league   --- I would play them. They are a stud D playing at home.
I'm with you on KC defense...they have been playing well, especially with Houston back!  They should be tough tonight at home.  

I'm with you on KC defense...they have been playing well, especially with Houston back!  They should be tough tonight at home.  
They're crazy good at scoring touchdowns defensively. If you have the Chiefs you start them against anybody. Could be a bad-weather game tonight too which should only help them. 

The only two good defenses available in my league are Tampa Bay vs New Orleans or Detroit vs Chicago. I'm leaning with Detroit but I also have Jordan Howard. Do I sit Howard & pick up the Lions defense? Would it be wise to play both? Tampa has been playing very well lately but is Brees going to have 2 bad games in a row? Decisions, decisions.

Not to turn this into a WDIS thread but start the players you think will score the most points in your lineup. If Howard is your best RB you start him. If the Lions are your best defense option you start them. Don't worry if the Lions are playing the Bears you start the options that will score the most points. Keep it simple. 

The only two good defenses available in my league are Tampa Bay vs New Orleans or Detroit vs Chicago. I'm leaning with Detroit but I also have Jordan Howard. Do I sit Howard & pick up the Lions defense? Would it be wise to play both? Tampa has been playing very well lately but is Brees going to have 2 bad games in a row? Decisions, decisions.
No way I sit Howard.  He is Bears offense.  I would have no problem playing both.  TB intriguing too, but I agree about Brees.

Someone dropped KC in one of my leagues, guess they're afraid of OAK this week/they didn't make the playoffs so they don't really care anymore. I obviously picked them up right away so I'm stoked. I have a bye this week and their next 2 games are at home against TEN and DEN, which should be great matchups for them. 

Right now I have these three Ds:

Week 15: MIA vs NYJ or Wash @CAR

Week 16: SD @CLE

Don't love these options, but think this is the best I can do.

Other options available on wire:

Week 15: GB available @CHI and INDY @MN

Week 16: NYG @PHI or TN @JAX (Bortles screwed me earlier this year with garbage time).

Not to turn this into a WDIS thread but start the players you think will score the most points in your lineup. If Howard is your best RB you start him. If the Lions are your best defense option you start them. Don't worry if the Lions are playing the Bears you start the options that will score the most points. Keep it simple. 

No way I sit Howard.  He is Bears offense.  I would have no problem playing both.  TB intriguing too, but I agree about Brees.
Good points. I do have rb options though. I've got Demarco  back this week and I have McCoy too. Both automatics obviously. I can play a third (flex) Which would be Howard or Stewart.

I put a claim in for the Lions with the Bucs as my second choice. I need one. I played the Jets last week. That was a colossal failure. Thanks guys.

In general, the more interconnected your players are, the lower the ceiling and higher the floor. But that said, in this case, I'd say it's not a strong connection and would follow packersfan's advice to keep it simple.

I have one I've been pondering that nobody has mentioned. Oakland. Playing KC, a team they know well that usually does not put a lot of points up and they have Khalil Mack- probably the best defensive player in the league right now. 

Am I crazy for looking at them? 

I'm in a 14 team league and a lot of teams carry 2 defenses because of limited transactions so there's not a lot on the wire. 
I was one who disagreed on your suggestion to start Oakland this week, but your post got me thinking. They have been stepping it up lately, and while I'm sticking with SF this week, I picked them up for Week 15 @ SD. I also prefer teams that are likely to win -- more sacks and TOs in garbage time -- and Raiders are red-hot right now.

I was one who disagreed on your suggestion to start Oakland this week, but your post got me thinking. They have been stepping it up lately, and while I'm sticking with SF this week, I picked them up for Week 15 @ SD. I also prefer teams that are likely to win -- more sacks and TOs in garbage time -- and Raiders are red-hot right now.
Eh well I found out I used all my transactions in that league. Stuck with Tenn and Buff here. 

But I watched Oak last couple of games and they have been making some big plays. Especially Mack. Irvin too. 

Someone just dropped the Ravens in my local. Wouldn't use them this week but would gladly use them week 15 against Philly. Also have Bills for that week but they have disappointed lately.

Someone just dropped the Ravens in my local. Wouldn't use them this week but would gladly use them week 15 against Philly. Also have Bills for that week but they have disappointed lately.
I lucked into them when someone dropped them during their bye in one league. I'm 100% starting them at home vs. Wentz week 15. That defense is playing out of their minds right now, especially at home. I feel like this play epitomizes them right now. Suggs is a baddd man.

I ultimately decided to roll out KC tonight. For my league's scoring system (big points for turnovers/sacks), it wasn't a monster performance, but it was acceptable enough. There was at least one dropped INT, and they only got home on Carr one time.

Debating either Atlanta or New England this week.  Have Atlanta plugged in now.  
I have NE as I played them last week. Not stoked, others include ATL, CIN, or DET? Just seems like DET is playing inspired on both sides of the ball. As a DET homer that is a hard thing to say...Most of us are just waiting for them to lay a rotten egg. But, I like them. ATL, CIN, NE don't seem to have that D/ST bizazzz or play makers?

Debating either Atlanta or New England this week.  Have Atlanta plugged in now.  
I have Atlanta in now, but in all honesty, with J Jones possibly out and Sanu definitely out I am thinking the Atlanta offense will be impacted which in turn will negatively impact their defense. Agreed?

My option is to not start the Atlanta defense (but I love the LA Rams match up) and instead insert the Arizona defense playing Miami. Thoughts?

With Earl Thomas out and Seattle on the road I might play Detroit D over Seattle! 

Defintely playing Det over Miami in another league. Miami has crapped the bed the last two weeks. 

Ford Field will be rocking and I believe this is Barkley's first road game. 

Starting to think if Denver plays Simien at less than 100% it will be the best scenario for Tennessee. Could see a lot of sacks and turnovers and low points. 

Rolling with ATL despite them being hobbled on the other side of the ball. Had either SD or BUF pegged in that slot with an eye towards using them agaist CLE in weeks 15 and 16, but (as we all do in the playoffs) need the points this week to even get there. 

Throwing caution to the wind and going with high upside plays. Hope this pans out.

Rolling with ATL despite them being hobbled on the other side of the ball. Had either SD or BUF pegged in that slot with an eye towards using them agaist CLE in weeks 15 and 16, but (as we all do in the playoffs) need the points this week to even get there. 

Throwing caution to the wind and going with high upside plays. Hope this pans out.
Going with Atlanta in both my playoff match ups.  Fingers crossed 

I'm looking at Pitt ROS, they've played well lately and I think the next two games against Cinci and Balt could turn into those divisional, defensive grinder type games.

Users who are viewing this thread