What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (7 Viewers)

Watched "Stone" last night, DeNiro, Edward Norton and Resident Evil Girl. 2 stars.
The limited amount of reviews Ive seen of this all seem sub-par, but Ill still check it out because DeNiro and Norton are 2 of my favorites. Everyone seemed to hate Righteous Kill, but I gave it a chance because of Deniro and Pacino and ended up liking it alot :shrug:

I didn't even make it through the first EP of Jericho.
You know... I think I tried Jericho for about 30 seconds too. I had a similar response to it as I did to firefly. Throw it in the 'BG' bin.
BG: The first mini-series or whateverFirefly: The first EPJericho: About 30 minsI stand by this.
BG: I vaguely remember watching a few episodes in the 80's, nothing sinceFirefly: opening creditsJericho: about 3 minutes
:shrug: Your loss.
Pretty sure I'm winning here, Ebert.

You know... I think I tried Jericho for about 30 seconds too. I had a similar response to it as I did to firefly. Throw it in the 'BG' bin.
BG: The first mini-series or whateverFirefly: The first EPJericho: About 30 minsI stand by this.
BG: I vaguely remember watching a few episodes in the 80's, nothing sinceFirefly: opening creditsJericho: about 3 minutes
You can't win for losing.

You can't win for losing.
Good day to you.

Unthinkable....Sam Jackson pretty good angry Samuel schtick (think The Negotiator), Michael Sheen holds it together as the terrorist/bomber they try to extract bomb location info from. Ending left a bad taste in my mouth but still worth a watch, maintains suspense pretty much the whole time.

Brothers.......Very good, especially the last 30-40 minutes. Worth watching just for the best performances by both Tobey Maguire and Jake Gyllaaenenhall to this point (not as good as Donnie Darko as a movie, but probably a better performance).

The Education of Charlie Banks.....Solid movie from a few years ago starring Jesse Eisenberg and Jason Ritter that felt like it was supposed to be based in the 80's. Ritter is unknowingly turned into the cops by Eisenberg, only to meet again a few years later when Ritter visits Eisenberg's college roommate. Been a big fan of Eisenberg long before Social Network, and this character is right in line with most of his others pre-TSN. Both him and Ritter turn in good performances (though the latter felt a bit miscast). I also never got the love for Eva Amurri, but this movie made me a fan. A solid throwback feeling type of a movie. Probably give it a 7/10, but based on the fact Fred Durst directed it, it probably deserves an 11/10.

Sex Drive.....Wanted to watch a comedy last weekend, and this seemed like the best streaming 1 of the bunch that I havent seen. Surprisingly funny, I expected it to be pretty bad to the point I wouldnt finish it, but it was solid. Certainly not on par with most blockbuster comedies, but light years better than most of the B-level comedies Ive seen the last few years.

US or Foreign? I tried to watch the foreign one, but the subtitles were not legible on screen.
US version is "Let Me In".Small screen or settings are off somewhere? I haven't had any problem with subtitles on netflix streaming.
Ah, yeah. Forgot the difference.I'll have to check the settings. I've never had an issue with subtitles, but this one had them out of the screen for some reason.

No reason to get personal here, guy. Assaulting another guy's appearance is uncalled for.

Sex Drive.....Wanted to watch a comedy last weekend, and this seemed like the best streaming 1 of the bunch that I havent seen. Surprisingly funny, I expected it to be pretty bad to the point I wouldnt finish it, but it was solid. Certainly not on par with most blockbuster comedies, but light years better than most of the B-level comedies Ive seen the last few years.
Sex Drive is highly underrated.

:goodposting: I was literally rolling on the ground in the last scene with the cop and the doughnut/big mexican.

The homophobic brother is hysterical.

:goodposting: I was literally rolling on the ground in the last scene with the cop and the doughnut/big mexican.
Yeah, I had low expectations because all I could remember from the trailer was Seth Green as an Amish person, and typically comedies like this are thrown out there with a 10% chance they hit at the box office, but I thought it had a lot of laughs. I thought it might have been low expectations but seeing as others agree, I doubt it. The kid who was in Hot Tub Time Machine was probably better in this I thought.

You have to watch this documentary.

Witch Hunt

Back in the 1980s a wave of hysteria hit Kern County, California. 36 people were convicted of child molestation. People were sentenced to hundreds of years in prison. Turns out none of the accused were guilty.

How this happened is maddening and almost unbelievable.

If you're not a fan of Sean Penn (producer and narrator) and his politics let that slide. This movie is not political.

More to read...could spoil "the story" so you might want to wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're in the minority by a pretty wide margin here. But kudos for marching to the beat of your own drum!

This doesn't fit the thread title exactly, but I think it's worth pointing out here since lots of Netflix streamers have a Roku:

The TED Lectures, discussed in this thread, can all be watched through Roku on a dedicated channel.

Caught a few episodes of "The League", how did this not last... I laughed my ### off. :thumbup:
To my knowledge The League hasn't been cancelled or anything.
Oh... so the 6 episodes are only part of season 1?? :confused:
No, it's just a really short season. Season 2 aired last fall and season 3 will be this fall. I believe season 2 was 13 episodes or something like that.
Does it fall off any in Season 2??

Caught a few episodes of "The League", how did this not last... I laughed my ### off. :thumbup:
No, it's just a really short season. Season 2 aired last fall and season 3 will be this fall. I believe season 2 was 13 episodes or something like that.
If you like the first season I'd be very surprised if you didn't like the second.

I'm glad to see other documentary fans in this thread. Can't remember who came first between Michael Moore and SuperSizeMe guy, but whoever it was deserves a lot of credit for making this format as entertaining as it is. I don't think documentaries were intended for much more than educational purposes until those guys came along.

You're in the minority by a pretty wide margin here. But kudos for marching to the beat of your own drum!
150 years ago the majority of Americans didn't believe that black people were equal to whites that didn't mean they were right.

This recommendation isn't for a gem, but for one the worst wastes of time on watch instanstly. I fell into the trap of all the talk about the sequel and stupidly watched the first one. Stay far away. Not grotesque in the way that you would think, but just a bad, bad movie. The Human Centipede.

150 years ago the majority of Americans didn't believe that black people were equal to whites that didn't mean they were right.
:lmao: Really?! Liking Firefly, BG et al is akin to endorsing slavery?

This recommendation isn't for a gem, but for one the worst wastes of time on watch instanstly. I fell into the trap of all the talk about the sequel and stupidly watched the first one. Stay far away. Not grotesque in the way that you would think, but just a bad, bad movie. The Human Centipede.
A part of me dies every time I see that DVD cover on the shelf. It's an affront to humanity.

You have a problem with this?

You have a problem with this?
This is just bad schtick here.

I'm glad to see other documentary fans in this thread. Can't remember who came first between Michael Moore and SuperSizeMe guy, but whoever it was deserves a lot of credit for making this format as entertaining as it is. I don't think documentaries were intended for much more than educational purposes until those guys came along.
Moore predates Spurlock by a lot. Super size me didn't even come out until like 2003. Check out all of Errol Morris' films if you haven't already, way better than anything from Moore. Best in the business imo.

2nd season probably better than season 1, although the sleep bong/antonio gates/benjamin button episode might be my all time favorite

I think Earl Morris' The Thin Blue Line is one of the first to do this.

I think Earl Morris' The Thin Blue Line is one of the first to do this.
It's Errol, but yeah. The Fog of War is probably my favorite documentary.

Been on a documentary kick lately and just watched Dear Zachary. Really, really good. If you don't shed a tear during this one you aren't human so be prepared for that.
Just watched this movie based on your recommendation. Yeah, it was dusty in the room.
:unsure:
Posted in the documentary thread, but it deserves another mention.Saw this last night. Wow. This isn't one of those shows that you watch and forget. I can't recommend this enough.

It's been mentioned in this thread, but another voice praising Sherlock. Very well done, very entertaining.

Showing the kids Batman:The Movie tonight. The Adam West/Burt Ward version. It is amazing that the Keaton one was ever made, much less the Bale versions. The gap between the level of moviemaking between this one and those is unmeasurable.

Holy crap Chasing Amy sucked. Did you guys try Way of the Gun yet???
I finished Way of the Gun last night. I'd give it a 3.5 out of 5. I don't think I enjoyed it as much I thought I would. There were some things that just seemed a little sloppy. What was that opening scene all about? Despite it being pretty damn funny it had nothing to do with the rest of the movie.

Chasing Amy is a top 10 movie all time for me, but I never feel good about recommending it to anyone, so I pretty much don't. It's very much a Kevin Smith movie, with all the good and all the bad that entails. I think it is one of those "in the moment" movies, where you had to be in the right place, right time when you first saw it and it just sticks with you.

Chasing Amy is a top 10 movie all time for me, but I never feel good about recommending it to anyone, so I pretty much don't. It's very much a Kevin Smith movie, with all the good and all the bad that entails. I think it is one of those "in the moment" movies, where you had to be in the right place, right time when you first saw it and it just sticks with you.
So you were a loser dating a curiously unattractive bi-sexual woman when you first saw it?

So you were a loser dating a curiously unattractive bi-sexual woman when you first saw it?
Exactly.

Users who are viewing this thread