What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (10 Viewers)

Mrs Maisel is a great example of a show that should have been one season and done.  Great premise, funny, etc but it went off the cliff from the jump of season 2 and I couldnt even get past a couple of episodes in s3.    Just off a cliff
I don't dislike it as much as you, but it feels like it went from story-centric to set/costume-pieces centric. 

And honestly...I don't find most of her comedy routine funny, and I really don't need to see musicians perform. Without either of those, there's just not much left this season. Still find the attempts at strinberg almost there. The best moments involve midge and manager.

I started this based on recommendations of this thread. I just watched 2 episodes (#2 was kinda slow), and will stick with it with higher expectations.

BTW, does the Lisa character get naked in the future? Cuz that would be awful and not enjoyable at all... :unsure:
I just finished the series this morning 🤯

Anyone watching "Raised By Wolves" on HBO Max?

It has its moments, but sort of slow.  I think 5 episodes are out now.
I have only seen the first 3 episodes, but I'm enjoying it. Interesting premise. BTW in the future it appears an '80s style mullet is the hairstyle of choice for men and women. 😆

So Netflix and the guys who did GoT are now off to do The Three Body Problem.  

So IN.

Next huge hit.
Man, I hope it's the guys who did the first 6 GoT seasons, and not those clowns who did the last one.

eta - seriously though, I've read all 3 books in that series and this could be AMAZING

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m not feeling the love for Lovecraft Country anymore. Haven’t finished episode 4 yet but not really holding my interest as much. I’ll keep going and hopefully it’ll click again.

Guess I missed the announcement by a few weeks but Altered Carbon has been canceled. 2nd season was disappointing but still hate to see sci-fi shows get cancelled.

For those who enjoyed the series Kingdom. Frank Grillo who played Alvey Kulina and who in real life is involved in the Fight culture also has a series out called Fightworld. In an older Jimmy Kimmel interview I stumbled upon, he describes the 5 part series as him traveling internationally to Mexico, Thailand, Myanmar, Senegal and Israel focusing  in on different fighting styles and techniques in an Anthony Bourdain type manner .  

Jimmy Kimmel interview:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riUcUEQ-Kto&t=7s

IMDB page: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9047526/?ref_=ttep_ep_tt

Looked up the trailer.  Rated 18+ with sex and nudity??
No sex or nudity.  I've watched all 6 episodes and enjoyed it quite a bit, especially considering I grew up in the 70s-80s, which is mostly what the series is focused on.

Main topics from my recollection:

• Original arcade games (Space Invaders and Pac-Man)
  • Nintendo (NES)
  • RPGs
  • Fighting games (Street Fighter and Mortal Combat)
  • Sega (Madden and Sonic)
  • 3D graphics (Starfox and Doom/Wolfenstein)

Watched and finished Cobra Kai. Really well done and cannot wait for the 3rd season. Really enjoyable and stayed trued to the overall story. I need to go back and rewatch the first 3 Karate Kids because I need a refresher to some stuff referred to from the movies. Flashbacks to scenes helped though from the movies. 

PlayaHata said:
No sex or nudity.  I've watched all 6 episodes and enjoyed it quite a bit, especially considering I grew up in the 70s-80s, which is mostly what the series is focused on.

Main topics from my recollection:

• Original arcade games (Space Invaders and Pac-Man)
  • Nintendo (NES)
  • RPGs
  • Fighting games (Street Fighter and Mortal Combat)
  • Sega (Madden and Sonic)
  • 3D graphics (Starfox and Doom/Wolfenstein)
I liked it, but didn’t love it. Some really fun nostalgic moments but there wasn’t a real story arc. My favorite parts were the three guys who were cabinet hackers along with the Kirbey lawyer.

Back to watching Mars tv show tonight...had stopped midway through the second season- just didn't have the energy to deal with the corporate greed angle. 

Episode I turned on is called "Contagion". Cripes. It's from 2016-2018...might as well be about us.

I liked it, but didn’t love it. Some really fun nostalgic moments but there wasn’t a real story arc. My favorite parts were the three guys who were cabinet hackers along with the Kirbey lawyer.
Same. That was the most interesting part of the story for me too. I got a little tired of it once they got past the Sega Genesis story or so. 

Watched a Spanish movie last night that was about a serial killer who murdered people into superheroes (so, sort of like Se7en but heroes instead of sins).  It was humorous and entertaining.  Not great, but for just plucking it out of nowhere it was fun. 

Ted Lasso on Apple TV is a funny, feel good show. Currently in its first season. 
Feel good and cute. Felt like it could've made Ted more of a buffoon, instead of sweet, to be funnier. And as a soccer guy, didn't really tick the soccer boxes, but overall charming and with enough humor to be worth it- easy watch.

Agree and digging Kingdom, just about to finish season 1. Anybody watching Ratched?  Wife likes it, it’s ok. 
As stated above. Kingdom is the giganuts. 

I wanted to like Ratched as I'm a big "... Cuckoo's Nest" fan but it's just not for me. It missed. The set designs were phenomenal as was some of the cinematography. But the story just wasn't there. 

I realize I’m way late to the party but after six episodes the Umbrella Academy is terrific. 
Im 3 episodes into season 2 and I like it more than The Boys. The Boys first season was fantastic, and while season 2 has its moments, its nowhere near as fun or interesting as season 1.

Umbrella Academy season 1 was really good, and so far season 2 is great. Also, it may have the best soundtrack of any TV show Ive ever watched, and last night there was a fight scene in episode 3 that was a major tip of the hat to Snatch (Guy Ritchie film), which was pretty awesome.

I really hope theres a season 3, but nothing has been announced yet.

Just caught the El Chapo episode of Netflix's docuseries Drug Lords, and I really liked it. There are 8 episodes, each about 45 minutes long, each one about a different Drug lord/kingpin.

The Business Of Drugs on Netflix also looks pretty good, with each of the 6 episodes focusing on a different drug (Coke, synthetics, heroin, meth, weed, and opoids). Havent watched any yet but have it in my list to watch

Another one that looks good is Fear City: New York vs The Mafia, another Netflix limited docuseries (3 episodes) about "Five mafia families that ruled New York with a bloody fist in the 1970s and 80s, until a group of federal agents tried the unthinkable: taking them down"

Another one that looks good is Fear City: New York vs The Mafia, another Netflix limited docuseries (3 episodes) about "Five mafia families that ruled New York with a bloody fist in the 1970s and 80s, until a group of federal agents tried the unthinkable: taking them down"
It was interesting but they spent too much time on some things that made it drag a little. Could've edited it down some.

Im 3 episodes into season 2 and I like it more than The Boys. The Boys first season was fantastic, and while season 2 has its moments, its nowhere near as fun or interesting as season 1.

Umbrella Academy season 1 was really good, and so far season 2 is great. Also, it may have the best soundtrack of any TV show Ive ever watched, and last night there was a fight scene in episode 3 that was a major tip of the hat to Snatch (Guy Ritchie film), which was pretty awesome.

I really hope theres a season 3, but nothing has been announced yet.
Love them both. I hope they continue at a high level for a while. I can see The Boys criticism although I am really enjoying this season as well, more so because I know a lot of #### is going to hit the fan and I’m looking forward to it.

Anybody watching Ratched?  Wife likes it, it’s ok. 
we're 3 episodes in

wife said she was surprised i was watching because it's basically American Horror Story, but with prettier sets & wardrobe.

doesn't seem like it's that.  yet. but might be heading in that direction. if it starts veering too far off in to supernatural ####, i'm out.

It was interesting but they spent too much time on some things that made it drag a little. Could've edited it down some.
I love Mafia documentaries, but so much of the material has been done over and over that I've stopped being interested in them. Feel like I know as much as I'm ever going to know at this point. 

What I'd like to see is an ongoing series of the Mafia today. The names are out there, we know who they are, etc. Should be able to put something together on the modern day Mafia structure and key players, including ongoing cases. Because I live in a hot bed area, the local news covers Mafia related stories a few times a month. 

Ted Lasso on Apple TV is a funny, feel good show. Currently in its first season. 
Feel good and cute. Felt like it could've made Ted more of a buffoon, instead of sweet, to be funnier. And as a soccer guy, didn't really tick the soccer boxes, but overall charming and with enough humor to be worth it- easy watch.
Oh...whoops. thought this ended after 6 eps- but it's still going. I watched the rest, and it's still a nice watch...liked the diamond dogs a lot.

I'm half way though S2 of Kingdom.  I like it. Not as much as some - or apparently all - of you but it's an excellent show.  I found this comment in the reviews on IMDB and it sums up my biggest problem with the show:

"The thing that was upsetting is the unnecessary normalization of cocaine, bordering on glorification"

I believe the last 5 episodes I have watched have had scenes with coke, or heroin use and, call me crazy, it disturbs me.  Still a very enjoyable show, due to the characters.

Users who are viewing this thread