What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (6 Viewers)

The Outlaws on Amazon Prime.  I liked this very much, I'd give it a 7 out of 10 maybe? But I wouldn't take my recommendation because I'm a sucker for a lot of different British TV series (Sherlock, Luther, Peaky Blinders, etc.) as I very much enjoy that dry, British sense of humor.  The main reason I wouldn't take my recommendation though is because I'm a total Christopher Walken fanboy ever since the days of Brainstorm and The Dead Zone. . . both of which, I recall seeing at the movie theater.  Damn I'm old!  

I started Snowfall a week ago, am 6 eps in and enjoy it very much. It feels like a live action Grand Theft Auto V.

Dead Snow - Tubi.  German zombie movie set in Norway, super cheesy, nothing really all that redeeming about it.  Pretty gruesome at times, but with pretty weak special effects.  I've seen people recommend this as dumb zombie fun, but it didn't quite hit that for me.  I wouldn't recommend watching it.

Went through a Zombie mini-marathon over the weekend. Most were crap, but Berlin Undead was not bad. Decent acting and good amount of tension. Kinda short only an hour long
This one has been on my list for a while, haven't seen it hit any free streaming services and it doesn't sound worth paying for.

Also on the list: Juan of the Dean, Shaun of the Dead (saw it once long ago), Little Monsters.

I think I've run out of good true crime docuseries or I'm just burned out on them.  Tried Bad Vegan and Wild Wild Country and they just aren't clicking.  Stuff like Dont #### with Cats and Gabriel Fernandez were excellent, but recently its all been ####e.

3 episodes into Severance. I have no theories yet in my head, just enjoying the ride. But I did absolutely stare at the mannequins in the perpetuity room waiting for some movement. 

The first three episodes of Tokyo Vice are on HBO Max.  Loving it so far - better than I expected.

“Jake Adelstein, an American journalist, plugs into the Tokyo Vice police squad and descends into the neon underbelly of Tokyo.”

My Brilliant Friend is mesmerizing. I can’t get over how good this is. It’s gorgeously shot, I can’t think of another show that is even close to this beautiful. Some of these scenes look like paintings. The acting is incredible, it’s a terrific story, I truly can’t believe this show isn’t more popular. I know that subtitles are a entry barrier, and it was for me here too but this is peak television. 

My Brilliant Friend is mesmerizing. I can’t get over how good this is. It’s gorgeously shot, I can’t think of another show that is even close to this beautiful. Some of these scenes look like paintings. The acting is incredible, it’s a terrific story, I truly can’t believe this show isn’t more popular. I know that subtitles are a entry barrier, and it was for me here too but this is peak television. 
thanks... will look for this next time we re-up with HBO.

I think I've run out of good true crime docuseries or I'm just burned out on them.  Tried Bad Vegan and Wild Wild Country and they just aren't clicking.  Stuff like Dont #### with Cats and Gabriel Fernandez were excellent, but recently its all been ####e.
I loved Wild Wild Country.

Jimmy Saville: A British Horror Story on netflix looks a little crazy. I never heard of the guy.

I loved Wild Wild Country.

Jimmy Saville: A British Horror Story on netflix looks a little crazy. I never heard of the guy.

Not sure how you don't love Wild Wild Country but I grew up in the area they built the commune and remember the events so totally biased.  Still, it's a fascinating story imo.

The Outlaws on Amazon Prime.  I liked this very much, I'd give it a 7 out of 10 maybe? But I wouldn't take my recommendation because I'm a sucker for a lot of different British TV series (Sherlock, Luther, Peaky Blinders, etc.) as I very much enjoy that dry, British sense of humor.  The main reason I wouldn't take my recommendation though is because I'm a total Christopher Walken fanboy ever since the days of Brainstorm and The Dead Zone. . . both of which, I recall seeing at the movie theater.  Damn I'm old!  
I liked it but I do wonder if there will be a season 2. Not sure if it was good enough and the ending was a bit Disney in my mind. Why leave if you then become the target? I liked it more up until that part but maybe a season 2 addresses that.

Watched season finale of From on Epix last night (horror/drama about people trapped in a town where monsters come out at night).  Really like the first couple of episodes but felt it went downhill, embodying the most frustrating aspects of Lost and filling it with characters with far less charisma. 

Three episodes in on Our Flag Means Death (pirate comedy/HBO max). Kinda/sorta funny, not quite sold yet but enough amusement to continue and I've read it gets really good. 

I thought it started pretty slow, but the last few episodes were incredible, especially the season finale.
I've watched 2... the wife isn't into it, so I have to find time late at night after she's gone to sleep. but I've liked it so far- reminds me of Eternal Sunshine, but so far without the pace of it.

Is Severance a scifi comedy? horror?  drama?   I keep reading different takes on it and Im not sure I want to start if its "horroresque"

Is Severance a scifi comedy? horror?  drama?   I keep reading different takes on it and Im not sure I want to start if its "horroresque"
it's dry satire/comedy-esque in the first couple eps I've watched as theyr'e setting everything up. but I could see it as moving into more psychological comedy with some genuine darkness soon.

Anybody want to admit to watching The Ultimatum (similar-ish series to Love Is Blind).

What a bunch of train wreck couples.  I demand many more seasons.

Rewatched Stranger Things season 3.  I liked it again.  It seems like general sentiment turned against ST, but I liked all 3 seasons.  The Steve/Dustin/Robin/Erica group was a lot of fun.

Watched season finale of From on Epix last night (horror/drama about people trapped in a town where monsters come out at night).  Really like the first couple of episodes but felt it went downhill, embodying the most frustrating aspects of Lost and filling it with characters with far less charisma. 

Three episodes in on Our Flag Means Death (pirate comedy/HBO max). Kinda/sorta funny, not quite sold yet but enough amusement to continue and I've read it gets really good. 
somehow this went from free to pay for me so haven’t finished it

The Donut King is a documentary with a nuanced take on the American Dream.

If you’ve ever wondered the story behind pink donut boxes from shops (seemingly) 95% owned by Cambodians in southern California - this film explores how they came to be. Compelling story.

The Dropout is an 8-part series on Elizabeth Holmes and the biotech sham that was Theranos. Devastating storytelling. Amanda Seyfried kills it in the title role. Based on the terrific podcast of the same name, debuted last month.

Both on Hulu.

Rewatched Stranger Things season 3.  I liked it again.  It seems like general sentiment turned against ST, but I liked all 3 seasons.  The Steve/Dustin/Robin/Erica group was a lot of fun.
First part of season 4 comes out next month on Memorial Day weekend!  :thumbup:

Wife and I still think it is great.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caleb's sister/the "girly" Madonna backed shopping montage with Max & 11 - both horrendous. 

it lost it's way ... regressed to typical cheezy fanfare. 

hoping s4 returns some of the earlier vibe, but not holding my breath - this cat is out the bag, i'm afraid. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Half way through Severance now and really glad I picked it back up after almost bailing after the first episode.

Severance > From - for similar fantasy type shows.

5 episodes through Gomorrah and I'm liking it well enough to finish the season at least. I wish the focus wasn't as much on the younger crew and hoped for more old school mob.

Russian Doll,  it's really weird, i liked it a lot, well reviewed though not in here, you should know after one episode
I just rewatched the last two episodes of season 1 to lead up to season 2.  I think it's a really good show.  I'm a little confused by the final scene of season 1 where the two scenes merge... Alan disappears from both halves, I don't know why.

The Last Kingdom season 5 was awesome, as you guys promised.  Perfect concluding season.

I'm enjoying Halo.  It's a solid sci-fi show.  I don't think it is good enough to appeal to those who aren't into that genre, but it is solid for those who are.  

Russian Doll,  it's really weird, i liked it a lot, well reviewed though not in here, you should know after one episode
I just rewatched the last two episodes of season 1 to lead up to season 2.  I think it's a really good show.  I'm a little confused by the final scene of season 1 where the two scenes merge... Alan disappears from both halves, I don't know why.
I remember us talking about it in here at the time... but don't remember a whole lot about it, other than it being filmed in my neighborhood.

yeah Russian Doll is very good.  a few days ago i read a New Yorker article about Natasha Lyonne, her life, (now i'm seriously infatuated, fascinating woman, recommend the article) and the new season.

i don't remember the Alan disappearing (haven't rewatched), but it seems it may not matter.  seems season 2 doesn't continue the same Groundhog Dayish story line, but fear not, Alan is in season 2.  Ms. Lyonne is even more involved in showrunning, writing and directing, so i expect the show will still be excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread