What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (7 Viewers)

Oh, and I watched Prometheus (Hulu) again. The first time I saw it, I thought it was well made but frustratingly confusing. Each time I watch it, I like it more and more. I think it's a genuinely good movie. Some great horror scenes in there, and it does make sense after some thought (and some help from the internet - I wasn't smart enough to catch everything).
Dumbest astronauts and scientists evah IMO. But I've watched it twice. :bag:
But a lot of that is just David, who had ulterior motives. Boyfriend is definitely an idiot/overconfident/overhopeful, though.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but what dumb things did the scientists do other than taking off the helmet and general David jackassery?

Watching American Hustle for the third'ish time.
The opening scene when Christian Bale sets his comb over is such a spectacular scene.
I watch that movie every 1-2 years, and always pick up on things I'd missed before. The cast of characters in the opening scene, and which ones reappear later in critical scenes is great.
I remember liking it a lot, would definitely watch again.

The Night Agent

Dropped on Netflix this week, we watched the first episode last night and thought it was great. It is The Recruit with more action/suspense and less comedy. For all you spy/thriller show lovers out there add it to the queue.
Finished the season. Enjoyed it. Thought it was fun.
One thing I thought was kinda funny. There were car chases and no matter how urgent or intense, they always took the time to buckle up before pulling away from the curb.
:drive:

The Night Agent

Dropped on Netflix this week, we watched the first episode last night and thought it was great. It is The Recruit with more action/suspense and less comedy. For all you spy/thriller show lovers out there add it to the queue.
One thing I thought was kinda funny. There were car chases and no matter how urgent or intense, they always took the time to buckle up before pulling away from the curb.
I noticed this as well. If they do a second season I hope it is as good as the first.

REGGIE (Amazon Prime)

The new sports documentary featuring Reggie Jackson. Love him or hate him, this is a really well-done documentary.
I was never a fan of him as a player when he was with the Yankees. I always remember thinking of him as being a bad teammate. It's interesting to hear his side of some of Yankee clubhouse disruptions. I have developed a respect for him since he retired. He's very insightful and doesn't hold back speaking his truth.
Lots of good stories in this program regarding Charlie Finley, his A's teammates, Reggie's Dad, Hank Aaron, Billy Martin & Thurman Munson.

Highly recommend. And if you are a fan of baseball history, it's a must see. I loved it!

REGGIE (Amazon Prime)

The new sports documentary featuring Reggie Jackson. Love him or hate him, this is a really well-done documentary.
I was never a fan of him as a player when he was with the Yankees. I always remember thinking of him as being a bad teammate. It's interesting to hear his side of some of Yankee clubhouse disruptions. I have developed a respect for him since he retired. He's very insightful and doesn't hold back speaking his truth.
Lots of good stories in this program regarding Charlie Finley, his A's teammates, Reggie's Dad, Hank Aaron, Billy Martin & Thurman Munson.

Highly recommend. And if you are a fan of baseball history, it's a must see. I loved it!
Man, I loved Reggie Jackson when I was growing up. I lost all respect for him however when I met him in 1997. At the time I was playing baseball in the Arizona Fall League, Mike Scioscia was my coach. Before a game one day he said he had a special guest that was there to speak with us. In comes Reggie Jackson.

The first thing he said to us was "I wasn't a good baseball player, I was a great baseball player." Of course we knew that but the arrogance just rubbed me the wrong way. Then he bragged about banging hotel maids on the road. It was just very bizarre.

REGGIE (Amazon Prime)

Man, I loved Reggie Jackson when I was growing up. I lost all respect for him however when I met him in 1997. At the time I was playing baseball in the Arizona Fall League, Mike Scioscia was my coach. Before a game one day he said he had a special guest that was there to speak with us. In comes Reggie Jackson.

The first thing he said to us was "I wasn't a good baseball player, I was a great baseball player." Of course we knew that but the arrogance just rubbed me the wrong way. Then he bragged about banging hotel maids on the road. It was just very bizarre.
Banging hotel maids was not covered in the documentary. :kicksrock:

REGGIE (Amazon Prime)

that was in the TIger Woods documentary

REGGIE (Amazon Prime)

No, that was Perkins waitresses.

REGGIE (Amazon Prime)

Or was it the Wilt doc?

The Night Agent

It's just muscle memory - seems like more effort not to buckle up.

Caught the Waco docuseries on NF. Thought it was very well done.

We thought so as well, despite knowing a lot of the material already. Two things:

1. The one "wife" they convinced to come out to hug her son....I kept waiting for her to admit she was coocoo when she was younger but is getting help now. Uh...nope.

2. I need to look up what happened to the undercover agent that was in the cult. They never came back to him.

We're watching Person of Interest on HBO max. Good show.
Now that we're in season 4 I can say REALLY good show. Since I looked all of Westworld it figures I should like this one - Jonathan Nolan and man vs machine theme and all.

S4E11 was like watching a Christopher Nolan movie. Terrific.
I loved this when it was on. Season 5 is great too.
Finished tonight. Loved it. They totally stuck the landing.

We're watching Person of Interest on HBO max. Good show.
Now that we're in season 4 I can say REALLY good show. Since I looked all of Westworld it figures I should like this one - Jonathan Nolan and man vs machine theme and all.

S4E11 was like watching a Christopher Nolan movie. Terrific.
I loved this when it was on. Season 5 is great too.
Finished tonight. Loved it. They totally stuck the landing.
One of the best broadcast TV shows of all time imo.

Just finished season one of "Call My Agent". Six-episodes, French, made-for-TV. About a talent agency in Paris, and each episode features some actual French TV/film star or other (I know none of them). Well-written, fun, with some serious backstories and etc.

Also, Season 2 of "Call My Agent" is excellent. No idea how they're going to bring all the story arcs home without dropping the ball, but the finale threw everything into the air and set up Season 3 very well.

I just started watching a show that reminds me of "Call My Agent", which was very good by the way. Fanny Sidney is frumpy and gorgeous, Noemi is hilarious, the the whole central group of characters in "Call My Agent" were fleshed out enough to make the whole series enjoyable.

The one I started watching is "Love and Anarchy", which is also French and is about a publishing house instead of a talent agency. Very similar setup as "Call My Agent". So far, 3 episodes in, it's not quite as good but is definitely worth watching. Ida Engvol, Björn Mosten, and Gizem Erdogan (who was very good in The Thin Blue Line).

I assume you all have talked about Shrinking on Apple? Love this one... Very Funny, sweet, well written, acted and paced. Smallest quibble is a uniformity of writing across all the characters, but it's written well so

Thought the Night Agent was very well done. Better than expected, and the plot twists were very well executed imo.

It's been a pleasant surprise to me as well. 3 episodes remaining and I'm pretty stoked to see the remainder.
This was worse than expected for me... Writing, acting, we bailed after a couple.
Agreed. We gave it a try, I see a few people like it, but I was hoping for better.

Rabbit Hole, OTOH, I found MUCH better.....

I assume you all have talked about Shrinking on Apple? Love this one... Very Funny, sweet, well written, acted and paced. Smallest quibble is a uniformity of writing across all the characters, but it's written well so
Delightful show, wife and I love it. You can tell the Ted Lasso folks are all over this but I think it's better than TL though I enjoy both immensely.

Been watching The Outsider on HBO. Limited series based on a Stephen King book. It's good so far in that it has that sense of what the hell is going on and makes you want to binge it. How the show resolves all of its questions will end up influencing how much I like it but so far so good.

Big fan of this. I think they get a bit too clever with the dialogue at times, to where I sometimes think, "People don't talk to each other like that in real life," but it's a minor quibble. It's a good blend of comedy and drama.

Succession is back tonight
Unless I missed it, I am surprised there isn't a proper thread on this show alone. First episode last week was really good. Should be interesting to see how they wrap it all up this season. I have full confidence that the Roy siblings will find a way to mess it up. :lol:

I'm watching Saturday Morning All Star Hits (Netflix) - very weird show, but I like it. They nail the early 90s Pauly Shore era of TV, and it's keeping me interested through 5 episodes.

Big fan of this. I think they get a bit too clever with the dialogue at times, to where I sometimes think, "People don't talk to each other like that in real life," but it's a minor quibble. It's a good blend of comedy and drama.
they can kind of get away with it since the main characters are shrinks. but yeah- and like I said, everybody kind of sounds the same.

Pitch Black (Netflix): I'm not a Vin Diesel fan, and never had any interest to see this movie or the other Riddick movies, but when I actually read the description I thought I'd give it a shot while folding laundry. It was better than I expected! They did an interesting thing by showing us most of the special effects through Vin's POV, and he has some crazy see-in-the-dark eyes, which allowed them to make some scenes that were interesting to look at while masking some special effects that might not have worked as well in full view. It's basically a Jurassic Park movie, with a bunch of pterodactyls chasing people around while they try to get parts to leave. Vin was awful, but I just don't care for his style of speech or how he tries to be such a badass with every single line in every movie. The rest of the cast was below average as well, but the movie had an interesting look and the monsters were fairly cool. There were some things that didn't work well (a weird gender switch that didn't add anything, a couple of strange looking deaths from the monsters), but overall it was decent enough that I decided to watch the second Riddick movie. I didn't know this was part of that series until I finally made the connection about 20 minutes from the end that his name was Riddick and there are Vin Diesel Riddick movies.

Chronicles of Riddick (Netflix): Again, I didn't like Vin Diesel... but the rest of the movie was good! Good special effects, nice variety of alien worlds, a good concept for the bad guys. This kind of felt like it was an inspiration for some of the Marvel movies in a way - the first Guardians of the Galaxy movie particularly felt like it had a lot of visual and storyline parallels. Karl Urban sneaks into another Scifi/fantasy series... Marvel, Riddick, Star Trek, Doom, Dredd, LOTR, The Boys - seems like he's due for a Mandalorian part soon to complete the set. Anyway, this movie really surprised me. The costume designs alone were worth watching it. Something I really liked was that they didn't overexplain things - they just showed it and let the audience want more, like original Star Wars. What's up with the zombies looking through green scope masks? Whatever you what. What happens when they poke you in the neck? Maybe something brainwashy, maybe not. What's in the sacks that try to reprogram his brain? Things. How does the big bad teleport/move his soul out of his body and what does that really mean? Dunno. It had almost nothing to do with the first movie (apparently there's an animated movie that ties the two together more), but that's fine with me.

Pitch Black (Netflix): I'm not a Vin Diesel fan, and never had any interest to see this movie or the other Riddick movies, but when I actually read the description I thought I'd give it a shot while folding laundry. It was better than I expected! They did an interesting thing by showing us most of the special effects through Vin's POV, and he has some crazy see-in-the-dark eyes, which allowed them to make some scenes that were interesting to look at while masking some special effects that might not have worked as well in full view. It's basically a Jurassic Park movie, with a bunch of pterodactyls chasing people around while they try to get parts to leave. Vin was awful, but I just don't care for his style of speech or how he tries to be such a badass with every single line in every movie. The rest of the cast was below average as well, but the movie had an interesting look and the monsters were fairly cool. There were some things that didn't work well (a weird gender switch that didn't add anything, a couple of strange looking deaths from the monsters), but overall it was decent enough that I decided to watch the second Riddick movie. I didn't know this was part of that series until I finally made the connection about 20 minutes from the end that his name was Riddick and there are Vin Diesel Riddick movies.

Chronicles of Riddick (Netflix): Again, I didn't like Vin Diesel... but the rest of the movie was good! Good special effects, nice variety of alien worlds, a good concept for the bad guys. This kind of felt like it was an inspiration for some of the Marvel movies in a way - the first Guardians of the Galaxy movie particularly felt like it had a lot of visual and storyline parallels. Karl Urban sneaks into another Scifi/fantasy series... Marvel, Riddick, Star Trek, Doom, Dredd, LOTR, The Boys - seems like he's due for a Mandalorian part soon to complete the set. Anyway, this movie really surprised me. The costume designs alone were worth watching it. Something I really liked was that they didn't overexplain things - they just showed it and let the audience want more, like original Star Wars. What's up with the zombies looking through green scope masks? Whatever you what. What happens when they poke you in the neck? Maybe something brainwashy, maybe not. What's in the sacks that try to reprogram his brain? Things. How does the big bad teleport/move his soul out of his body and what does that really mean? Dunno. It had almost nothing to do with the first movie (apparently there's an animated movie that ties the two together more), but that's fine with me.
I liked both of these.

even though netflix, I would put this in the movies thread ...

I liked both of these.

I always liked Radha Mitchell. But looking at her IMDB history - wow has she been in a lot of terrible movies.

I liked both of these.

I've been doing it wrong forever, didn't even know there was a movie thread.

Thought the Night Agent was very well done. Better than expected, and the plot twists were very well executed imo.

It's been a pleasant surprise to me as well. 3 episodes remaining and I'm pretty stoked to see the remainder.
Loved the Night Agent. It hooked me right away and was action packed throughout the whole season.
I have 2 episodes left and have enjoyed it.. A Lot!!

Was going to watch a movie Saturday. But both that I wanted to watch were close to 3 hours, thought don't want to waste that much time today.. so figured I'd watch one or 2 episodes of Night Agent.
Next thing I knew 4 hours had wiped by :lol:

Ripped through Letterkenny season 4 tonight. The 90s hockey references kill me. Some college buddies are also watching it and they love it, but I'm 100% sure they haven't gotten a single hockey reference... makes me wonder if there's some other topic they're always touching on that I have no idea about.

Ripped through Letterkenny season 4 tonight. The 90s hockey references kill me. Some college buddies are also watching it and they love it, but I'm 100% sure they haven't gotten a single hockey reference... makes me wonder if there's some other topic they're always touching on that I have no idea about.
Where is the weirdest place you’ve hoovered schneef?

Ferda

the dialogue for the Night Agent is awful, but i'm still watching
Yeah I’m through 5 episodes and still watching but the strange dialogue, absurd plot and the main characters petulant Batman voice are starting to wear on me
Watched 2 episodes. The acting is horrible. I feel like I am watching a Skinamax flick. How are people recommending this show?
Yeah my wife and I made it two episodes and she demanded we turn it off. I didn't hate it as a cheesy, mindless action show but she found it ridiculous.

the dialogue for the Night Agent is awful, but i'm still watching
Yeah I’m through 5 episodes and still watching but the strange dialogue, absurd plot and the main characters petulant Batman voice are starting to wear on me
Watched 2 episodes. The acting is horrible. I feel like I am watching a Skinamax flick. How are people recommending this show?
Yeah my wife and I made it two episodes and she demanded we turn it off. I didn't hate it as a cheesy, mindless action show but she found it ridiculous.
The actress who plays the Chief of Staff may be the most stiff actor Ive ever seen

Users who are viewing this thread