What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (13 Viewers)

Thought I've seen people rip on The Diplomat here. Four episodes in, and I like it a lot. To be fair, Keri Russell is in my top 1. But still. It has kind of a West Wing vibe. I'm digging it.

Can somebody briefly explain Black Mirror? Are they each individual horror / sci-fi stories?

Edit: Actually, The Entire History of You is arguably the single best episode in the entire series. Everybody has their favorite, and if we did a poll I'm sure San Junipero and maybe a couple of others would give it a run for its money, but that episode is firmly ensconced in pretty much everybody's Top 5. And it requires no set-up and follow-up. If you don't like it, Black Mirror probably just isn't for you, which is fine obviously.
The bold is absolutely good advice. I say this even though The Entire History of You isn't in my top 5 (though it's probably 6 or 7) and I actually liked The National Anthem better. The Entire History of You is probably the best representation of what Black Mirror is.
So watch the 3rd episode first? I will start it right after wrapping up Better Call Saul.

Such a relief watching a great show after watching Succession. lol.

Can somebody briefly explain Black Mirror? Are they each individual horror / sci-fi stories?

Edit: Actually, The Entire History of You is arguably the single best episode in the entire series. Everybody has their favorite, and if we did a poll I'm sure San Junipero and maybe a couple of others would give it a run for its money, but that episode is firmly ensconced in pretty much everybody's Top 5. And it requires no set-up and follow-up. If you don't like it, Black Mirror probably just isn't for you, which is fine obviously.
The bold is absolutely good advice. I say this even though The Entire History of You isn't in my top 5 (though it's probably 6 or 7) and I actually liked The National Anthem better. The Entire History of You is probably the best representation of what Black Mirror is.
So watch the 3rd episode first? I will start it right after wrapping up Better Call Saul.
Yeah I think so. 1.3 is just a better representation of what Black Mirror is and 1.1 has a particular vulgarity that can be off-putting (though I actually like 1.1 better).

I don’t think I’d start skipping around to other seasons but there’s really no harm in watching episodes within a season out of order.

I'm like 4 episodes into black mirror and I'm hooked. Why did I wait so long to watch this great show
Jealous you get all these new to you

thx
i usually watch random stuff during the week while im working out on my phone but i think im gonna save these to watch them at home. they deserve my full attention and OLED
Agreed. They usually have small details, too, that are important that you need to be paying attention for.

Just finished Take Care of Maya documentary on Netflix. Crazy story.

I can definitely see both sides though. Tough story.

Hang the DJ gets my best Black Mirror episode vote.

We did a thread ranking the black mirror episodes I believe

I think it was just in the Black Mirror thread. Here was mine. If I had to redo this, Nosedive and Hang the DJ would probably move to top 3, as those along with Entire History have really stayed with me.

1.3 "The Entire History of You"
2.4 "White Christmas"
3.1 "Nosedive"
3.2 "Playtest"
3.3 "Shut Up and Dance"
2.2 "White Bear"
4.4 "Hang the DJ"
1.2 "Fifteen Million Merits"
3.4 "San Junipero"
4.1 "USS Callister"
3.6 "Hated in the Nation"
4.3 "Crocodile"
1.1 "The National Anthem"
4.6 "Black Museum"
4.2 "Arkangel"
4.5 "Metalhead"
3.5 "Men Against Fire"
2.1 "Be Right Back"
2.3 "The Waldo Moment"

I think it was just in the Black Mirror thread. Here was mine. If I had to redo this, Nosedive and Hang the DJ would probably move to top 3, as those along with Entire History have really stayed with me.

2.4 "White Christmas"
3.1 "Nosedive"
3.2 "Playtest"
3.3 "Shut Up and Dance"
2.2 "White Bear"
4.4 "Hang the DJ"
3.4 "San Junipero"
4.1 "USS Callister"
4.3 "Crocodile"
4.6 "Black Museum"
4.2 "Arkangel"
4.5 "Metalhead"
3.5 "Men Against Fire"
2.1 "Be Right Back"
2.3 "The Waldo Moment"

Thank you, I've been feeling "Playtest" is woefully underrated.

2.4 "White Christmas"
3.1 "Nosedive"
3.2 "Playtest"
3.3 "Shut Up and Dance"
2.2 "White Bear"
4.4 "Hang the DJ"
3.4 "San Junipero"
4.1 "USS Callister"
4.3 "Crocodile"
4.6 "Black Museum"
4.2 "Arkangel"
4.5 "Metalhead"
3.5 "Men Against Fire"
2.1 "Be Right Back"
2.3 "The Waldo Moment"
Man, 99% on board here i think. Dig this list. Shut up and Dance/Playtest I feel like don't get talked about enough.

I would like "Hated in the Nation" a lot more if they cut about a third of it. The idea is great, and I love the actress who I only remember from Trainspotting. I just think this episode is bloated and would be better if were more focused and condensed.

2.4 "White Christmas"
3.1 "Nosedive"
3.2 "Playtest"
3.3 "Shut Up and Dance"
2.2 "White Bear"
4.4 "Hang the DJ"
3.4 "San Junipero"
4.1 "USS Callister"
4.3 "Crocodile"
4.6 "Black Museum"
4.2 "Arkangel"
4.5 "Metalhead"
3.5 "Men Against Fire"
2.1 "Be Right Back"
2.3 "The Waldo Moment"
Man, 99% on board here i think. Dig this list. Shut up and Dance/Playtest I feel like don't get talked about enough.
Shut Up and Dance is in my top 5 as I dig the criminal justice angle of it (which is also why I like White Bear better than most). I need to re-watch Playlist because it just didn't stick with me and I think I didn't totally get the ending (i.e. realized what had happened) on my first watch.

I'm late to game here but just finished Severance. Wow I love this show.
I just finished it too. The last season sucked but I enjoyed the ride. They should do a spinoff of Tom & Greg. Love their interactions.

EDIT: Ooops I was talking about Succession

Last edited:
Anyone still watching Silo? I just watched the finale. I wanted to see it through to the end thinking that I wouldn't watch season 2 (if there is one). Now, though ... dammit. I'm intrigued enough to at least watch an episode or two.

No talk of the witcher is disappointing :no:
Loved both seasons but the origin was off IMO

I have read all of the books, but only seen one episode of this current season. I am not sure what you mean.
Big fan of Giralt Season 1 & 2, but the new short series "Origin of Witcher" was not done to the same caliber of story line - bit disappointing
And Henry Cavil 's not returning for Season 4 of Witcher so I might stop after 3

Watching The Diplomat and with all the hot black actresses in the world, they could have picked a better one for him to have sex with in the lake. Kinda manish, imo.

Got caught up on Platonic on Apple+. It's enjoyable as a light adult comedy to have on in the background or before bed. 7/10.

No talk of the witcher is disappointing :no:
Loved both seasons but the origin was off IMO

I have read all of the books, but only seen one episode of this current season. I am not sure what you mean.
I apologize I completely missed the release of Season 3. Thanks for making me look & start binging!!!
I enjoyed the first episode and a half so far. Cavill is so great in this role, I can’t believe they are replacing him. And apparently they are contriving some plot device that explains why Geralt suddenly looks different next year, which is even more absurd.

Holy crap! The Christmas flashback episode of the latest season of The Bear was incredible, intense, insane.

I don’t want to spoil any of the surprises, but there were some awesome performances across the board. This should win a number of Emmy’s.

It’s up there with some of the best TV episodes I’ve seen. (I won the TV draft, so I know what I’m talking about)
Yep. That was an amazing episode. Had the vibe of the episode last season when they started selling orders online but then you add all these performances and story building. Really great stuff.

Anyone have google TV? Thoughts on it...pros cons...?
Google tv like a tv with that operating system or YouTube tv?

If you mean YouTube tv, my favorite thing about it is being able to setup individual profiles where each person can customize their own tv guide and have their own recordings.

If you’re talking about the tv operating system Google tv, I can’t help you there.

Lincoln Lawyer

bloated story
hate when they make the lead always the smartest guy in the room (like reacher on prime)
movie was better
would not recommend but I could see a lot of people enjoying it

Lincoln Lawyer

bloated story
hate when they make the lead always the smartest guy in the room (like reacher on prime)
movie was better
would not recommend but I could see a lot of people enjoying it
I thought it was entertaining enough. Could have been better and the lead bugs me a bit with his accent at times.

Wife and I started Deadloch last night on Prime and we are hooked after the first episode. It's an Australian Crime/Comedy. Great mix of humor and drama and great characters. It's rare one episode can hook me so fast. Hopefully it holds up.

Users who are viewing this thread