What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (5 Viewers)

Pepsi Where's My Jet (Netflix)

Cool series, but another in a long line that they gave four episodes to a story that could have easily been told in one or two at the most.
Way too much screen time to Avenatti. What a tool.
Todd Hoffman was a cool dude. Seemed like a guy that would be fun to run with.
Interesting that the case became a highlight in law school case studies.
Arrogant Pepsi execs sound like a real prize to work for.
Agree with everything stated here. Should have been a 100 minute documentary. Also, can confirm it's a case taught in law school (it really is an interesting case in the area of contract law where most fact patterns are super boring and technical).

Loved Todd Hoffman as well.

Cool series, but another in a long line that they gave four episodes to a story that could have easily been told in one or two at the most.
Agree with everything stated here. Should have been a 100 minute documentary. Also, can confirm it's a case taught in law school (it really is an interesting case in the area of contract law where most fact patterns are super boring and technical).

Loved Todd Hoffman as well.
todd hoffman from where is my jet is a brohan no two ways about it he smells a rat a mile away and does the right thing and follows the path of the brohan good dude and defintetly better than the other todd hoffman from gold miners take that to the bank

Reactions: Zow
The English - Amazon streaming. Other people upthread seem to like this one. I think it was somewhere between o.k. and good. There were parts of it I found engrossing, then there were other parts that meandered or were overdone. I found myself wishing this was mostly about the native americans in it and less about the european folk. The cinematography and settings were too good - I think they leaned on them over much in place of well crafted dialog or plot at times. I found the main human bad guy to be too over the top to the extent it was distracting and hurt the quality of the show overall. I did like how they treated the other "bad guy" in this, they way it stayed in hidden in the background until towards the end of the series, and then was revealed as the main cause of so much of the agony that drove the plot. As a recent show set in the U.S. old west I liked it better than Godless, not as much as 1883.

One thing I've come to realize reading this thread is some of you have a lot of time on your hands. Where do you squeeze all these shows in??

I liked the show and even though it could have been cut down, I was cool with how long it took. Agree with everything else you wrote.
I remember the commercial and I think the case was brought up here a long time ago but I never really followed it. Interesting story. The Philippines story was crazy too.

I couldn't agree more! That needs it's own docuseries.

McCartney 3, 2, 1 (Hulu)
6 Episodes

Loved it!

I burned out on Beatles music while in college 35+ years ago. Over the years since I haven't listened to their music much, but I will periodically listen to their music and it's fun to discover a song you never paid attention to in the past suddenly has meaning.
If you're a fan of music, music history and music record production, this is a must watch. It has led me to go back and listen to their early music.
Rick Rubin is a great in his own right, he asks great questions and they both seem to have a lot of fun discussing all the topics covered.
It's fun to watch McCartney still gets excited about certain riffs and specific lyrics.

Really great programming! I will watch again!

The English - Amazon streaming. Other people upthread seem to like this one. I think it was somewhere between o.k. and good. There were parts of it I found engrossing, then there were other parts that meandered or were overdone. I found myself wishing this was mostly about the native americans in it and less about the european folk. The cinematography and settings were too good - I think they leaned on them over much in place of well crafted dialog or plot at times. I found the main human bad guy to be too over the top to the extent it was distracting and hurt the quality of the show overall. I did like how they treated the other "bad guy" in this, they way it stayed in hidden in the background until towards the end of the series, and then was revealed as the main cause of so much of the agony that drove the plot. As a recent show set in the U.S. old west I liked it better than Godless, not as much as 1883.
I agree with everything here.
Although, my walk away was how great the performances were by Emily Blunt and Chaske Spencer. They were so good it didn't bother me that the story wasn't super strong.

I agree with everything here.
Although, my walk away was how great the performances were by Emily Blunt and Chaske Spencer. They were so good it didn't bother me that the story wasn't super strong.
They were really good, though the writing for Emily Blunt's dialog was inconsistent - there were a few times she was speaking 2022 instead of 1890, which wasn't on her but the writers.

Finished the Devil Next Door on Netflix about the guy in Cleveland put on trial in Israel for being a Nazi death camp guard. Fascinating story.

McCartney 3, 2, 1 (Hulu)
6 Episodes

Loved it!

I burned out on Beatles music while in college 35+ years ago. Over the years since I haven't listened to their music much, but I will periodically listen to their music and it's fun to discover a song you never paid attention to in the past suddenly has meaning.
If you're a fan of music, music history and music record production, this is a must watch. It has led me to go back and listen to their early music.
Rick Rubin is a great in his own right, he asks great questions and they both seem to have a lot of fun discussing all the topics covered.
It's fun to watch McCartney still gets excited about certain riffs and specific lyrics.

Yeah this was great. I've watched it twice.

Someone hasn't watched all of True Blood.
Anyone who stuck with the show for those last few seasons couldn’t have expected anything better.
Wife and I just finished season 3 and the plot is already disastering. But an explanation of True Blood is in order.

True Blood was obviously written by someone who regularly writes wholesome movies for Hallmark. There's the know-it-all mystery-solving female star who's quick to condemn others, the best friend who's a social misfit, the brother who's a total dumbass but nice guy.

The changes to the usual Hallmark plot and setting are: it's in a poor part of the Deep South, there are vampires, then.. there's vampire blood which is easily available that has the effect of Cocaine/LSD/steroids, then.. there are werewolves, then.. there are shapeshifters, then... there are maenads (I swear someone looked up "mythical creatures with great power" and wrote the whole plot), then... the vampires have a political power structure and battles, then... there are witches, then... there are fairies, then... I don't know, thats where we are at the end of season 3. Oh, and lots of characters get nekkid lots of times which is nice.

The dialogue is wondrously bad.
** werewolves attack virginal-looking main character **
** vampire tries to save her life **
Southern Gentleman Vampire: "Drink my blood, it will save you."
** she drinks blood **
** she miraculously recovers**
Virginal-looking main character: "Why didn't you save me sooner, you undead SOB?"
Southern Gentleman Vampire: "Because I love you."
Virginal-looking main character: "Take me home, and don't enter my house again"

I'm going to stick around for as much of seasons 4-7 as my wife wants to watch because she loves vampires and we both enjoy making fun of bad TV. And True Blood is bad TV.

It gets pretty terrible. Do a shot every time someone does the vampire teeth out “Snikt!” and then hiss at each other

It does have a good intro song and some good boobs at least
The teeth sound is hilarious. "Snikt!", and then they fly around like giant horseflies on meth trying to kill each other. :lol:

Just finished (the awful) Season 5 which consisted mostly of vampire politics instead of the usual town residents falling victim to unbelievable powers. And I'm still convinced the dialogue and plot were written by the Hallmark channel.
Amazingly it gets even worse, if you dare.

McCartney 3, 2, 1 (Hulu)
6 Episodes

Loved it!

I would like to know what @krista4 thinks of this.

The Unthinkable - Sweden is attacked by an (until the end) unknown force and we get to see some brooding by people that were once in love and had a bad family situation.

Not bad for an extremely low budget Swedish film. And the conceit is only off by a country.

Available on Kanopy

The first episode of Echo 3 on Apple is one of the worst pilots I've seen. But I'll watch one more to see if it improves.
They'd be in Leavenworth Prison for being AWOL and murder. Gotta like the ability to call on military transports, have high end gear issued, and foreign nationals aiding every move when not on orders from the military. Playing the CIA card would, you know, trigger the CIA on where you exactly are in the world. Should have made them mercenaries instead of active duty.

McCartney 3, 2, 1 (Hulu)
6 Episodes

Loved it!

I wached Troll (Netflix) - a Norwegian kaiju movie. That's the whole summary. It did everything that summary makes you think it would do.

I watched Dead Rising Watchtower (can't remember - one of the free ones like Tubi). At first, I kind of liked how they started right in without telling us the backstory, before realizing it was a sequel to other movies and video games. This movie sucked in all of the zombie scenes, but Rob Riggle's newscast scenes made me laugh a lot. Don't watch this, though.

Black Mountain Side (Roku, Vudu, Tubi) - Canadian movie, probably classified as horror... except that there's no real monster, or all that much gore compared to action movies, or horror movie music or anything. Maybe just more of a psychological suspense movie. Canadians unearth a relic in the middle of nowhere (based on their daylight conversation in early November, near the northern border of Alberta/Manitoba/BC, I'd say). People start going nuts. This was a decent movie, I thought. Very low budget, but decent acting and a good story. I thought the scientists' explanation was a good one based on the evidence they had, and in the end I'm not sure if they were right or if there was something fantastical going on. A bit of a Coen brothers ending. I recommend this movie.

I wached Troll (Netflix) - a Norwegian kaiju movie. That's the whole summary. It did everything that summary makes you think it would do.
Like, seriously... can someone who hasn't seen this guess at the entire movie, knowing that the kaiju is a troll, and the specific weaknesses trolls have in Tolkein stories?

Someone hasn't watched all of True Blood.
Anyone who stuck with the show for those last few seasons couldn’t have expected anything better.
Wife and I just finished season 3 and the plot is already disastering. But an explanation of True Blood is in order.

True Blood was obviously written by someone who regularly writes wholesome movies for Hallmark. There's the know-it-all mystery-solving female star who's quick to condemn others, the best friend who's a social misfit, the brother who's a total dumbass but nice guy.

The changes to the usual Hallmark plot and setting are: it's in a poor part of the Deep South, there are vampires, then.. there's vampire blood which is easily available that has the effect of Cocaine/LSD/steroids, then.. there are werewolves, then.. there are shapeshifters, then... there are maenads (I swear someone looked up "mythical creatures with great power" and wrote the whole plot), then... the vampires have a political power structure and battles, then... there are witches, then... there are fairies, then... I don't know, thats where we are at the end of season 3. Oh, and lots of characters get nekkid lots of times which is nice.

The dialogue is wondrously bad.
** werewolves attack virginal-looking main character **
** vampire tries to save her life **
Southern Gentleman Vampire: "Drink my blood, it will save you."
** she drinks blood **
** she miraculously recovers**
Virginal-looking main character: "Why didn't you save me sooner, you undead SOB?"
Southern Gentleman Vampire: "Because I love you."
Virginal-looking main character: "Take me home, and don't enter my house again"

I'm going to stick around for as much of seasons 4-7 as my wife wants to watch because she loves vampires and we both enjoy making fun of bad TV. And True Blood is bad TV.

It gets pretty terrible. Do a shot every time someone does the vampire teeth out “Snikt!” and then hiss at each other

It does have a good intro song and some good boobs at least
The teeth sound is hilarious. "Snikt!", and then they fly around like giant horseflies on meth trying to kill each other. :lol:

Just finished (the awful) Season 5 which consisted mostly of vampire politics instead of the usual town residents falling victim to unbelievable powers. And I'm still convinced the dialogue and plot were written by the Hallmark channel.
Amazingly it gets even worse, if you dare.
Just finished season 6, and you're not wrong. It's incredibly bad.

True Blood is show that I could think of where my rankings of seasons would just be in order of release. That show got progressively bad each season, and got laughably bad by the end.

Like, seriously... can someone who hasn't seen this guess at the entire movie, knowing that the kaiju is a troll, and the specific weaknesses trolls have in Tolkein stories?
i haven’t seen it yet but i guess now i can guess at the end

Wtf just happened in the Peripheral
Haven't watched episode 8 yet so guess I better get ready.
Really enjoyed the last two episodes.. Good fill-in to the rest of the story, as well as the old man getting called by Mom as a coward, selfish man as he's threatening to kill them. :thumbup:

Black Mountain Side (Roku, Vudu, Tubi) - Canadian movie, probably classified as horror... except that there's no real monster, or all that much gore compared to action movies, or horror movie music or anything. Maybe just more of a psychological suspense movie. Canadians unearth a relic in the middle of nowhere (based on their daylight conversation in early November, near the northern border of Alberta/Manitoba/BC, I'd say). People start going nuts. This was a decent movie, I thought. Very low budget, but decent acting and a good story. I thought the scientists' explanation was a good one based on the evidence they had, and in the end I'm not sure if they were right or if there was something fantastical going on. A bit of a Coen brothers ending. I recommend this movie.
keep posting these types of movies, it was interesting
I found it on prime

Among the Living - Vudu (free). British zombie movie! Very slow paced, but fast zombies. I had to turn on subtitles for the accents given how short the sentences/exclamations were. The story here was understated - the lakeshore scene right by the end would be overacted into Bolivian in most movies… but the audience gets it. The final scene shows the character knows too.

All zombie movies are bleak, but there’s something neat in this one about how much the brother is eating that so the two kids can mostly be just kids. It’s destroying him, but he knows it’s worth it.

Worth watching.
every time you post a zombie movie, i go and watch it

Wtf just happened in the Peripheral
Haven't watched episode 8 yet so guess I better get ready.
Really enjoyed the last two episodes.. Good fill-in to the rest of the story, as well as the old man getting called by Mom as a coward, selfish man as he's threatening to kill them. :thumbup:
Took some thinking but I think I get it.

Flynn started a new Timeline, but in order for that new timeline to stay, she had to die in the other one. Now that she is in the new timeline, with the stolen information that Cherise wanted to kill her for, and has no way of tracking Flynn, she can track down and kill Cherise. Which leaves the question... If she accomplishes that, does she jump back to the original timeline where her Mom will be dead in 20 days.. Or stick with the new one?

Saying all of that.. Going now to some links out there to see how others see the last episode to see I've I've completly lost my mind ;)

True Blood is show that I could think of where my rankings of seasons would just be in order of release. That show got progressively bad each season, and got laughably bad by the end.
I've lost track of how many different "portals" there are. Wife and I were discussing whether they had portal potties.

Among the Living - Vudu (free). British zombie movie! Very slow paced, but fast zombies. I had to turn on subtitles for the accents given how short the sentences/exclamations were. The story here was understated - the lakeshore scene right by the end would be overacted into Bolivian in most movies… but the audience gets it. The final scene shows the character knows too.

All zombie movies are bleak, but there’s something neat in this one about how much the brother is eating that so the two kids can mostly be just kids. It’s destroying him, but he knows it’s worth it.

Worth watching.
every time you post a zombie movie, i go and watch it
Sorry, man.

I started Cube (Tubi/Pluto/Roku). I turned it off after about 40 minutes and felt embarrassed that I made it that far. I think it was trying to be twisted like Saw or something, but in a movie with nothing but about 5 actors in a featureless room, the acting and dialog were just brutally bad. I'm also really annoyed by people who don't know much about math trying to make movies about people who do - they always focus on the stupidest little tricks about prime numbers and such. Also, portrayals of autistic people can really be too far over the top, like in this case.

Note: This movie might somehow get good - ratings are solid everywhere and sequels were made. 7.2 on IMDB, 64% on Rotten Tomatoes.

I think I am the only one watching "White Lotus: Season 2".

They only have 2 episodes left and we very loosely know the ending minus the key details so like last season I believe they will spring everything on us at once. Season has been ramping up and have enjoyed this one more than the 1st season.

Haven’t watched last nights yet, I like the show though

I think I am the only one watching "White Lotus: Season 2".

They only have 2 episodes left and we very loosely know the ending minus the key details so like last season I believe they will spring everything on us at once. Season has been ramping up and have enjoyed this one more than the 1st season.

Haven’t watched last nights yet, I like the show though
I am one behind as well so not sure it there was any big movement or if they have kept ramping it up for the very last episode.

On a side note this show makes me want to really travel to Italy.

Users who are viewing this thread