What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (15 Viewers)

We're watching it for the first time and almost finished with Season 1. It's not bad and will continue but I hope it improves.
Not sure what you're looking for but it's 5 more seasons of what you are getting now with one, big over arching plot per season and some new players interspersed as you go along with the regulars. If you're not into season 1, probably no reason to continue on.

I disagree I thought S1 gets pretty slow in the middle with some 1 off type episodes. I feel like S2 is where the full season plots really come into play

I’d keep going

We're watching it for the first time and almost finished with Season 1. It's not bad and will continue but I hope it improves.
Not sure what you're looking for but it's 5 more seasons of what you are getting now with one, big over arching plot per season and some new players interspersed as you go along with the regulars. If you're not into season 1, probably no reason to continue on.

I disagree I thought S1 gets pretty slow in the middle with some 1 off type episodes. I feel like S2 is where the full season plots really come into play

I’d keep going

Yeah, season 2 is the best one and season 3 is really good. Stays good but there’s a dip in the last couple seasons. Season 2 is up there among my favorite seasons of any show.

Yeah hard disagree, season 1 of Justified is more episodic than the rest. If you are singing the same tune at the end of season 2 then I’d agree with beer 30, no need to keep going, but you gotta get through season 2

Thanks all.
Like I said, we're liking it well enough to continue but hope it develops a more concise story, less episodic. Sounds like it does so thats good.

Thanks all.
Like I said, we're liking it well enough to continue but hope it develops a more concise story, less episodic. Sounds like it does so thats good.

It does. You're right at the spot where the show figured out what it wanted/needed to be. Season 2 to the end is very very good tv. Beer 30 is right, there are a couple of series-long arcs and each season has a good arc as well. If you aren't all-in by the end of season 2 it isn't for you, but I'd bet dollars to donuts you will be.

Thanks all.

It does. You're right at the spot where the show figured out what it wanted/needed to be. Season 2 to the end is very very good tv. Beer 30 is right, there are a couple of series-long arcs and each season has a good arc as well. If you aren't all-in by the end of season 2 it isn't for you, but I'd bet dollars to donuts you will be.
Yeah I gave up on justified season 1. Sounds like I need to startup again.

Netflix is removing Bordertown from their lineup on May 9, so if you want to watch a good Nordic noir series now's the time. The main characters, especially the 3 family members, are extremely well-written and -acted. For me the ending was just gut-wrenching, but there's a heck of a good, creepy story along the way. Set in Finland, near the Russian border. 3 seasons, 31 hour-long episodes total. The main character, police detective Kari Sorjonen, is one you'll remember.
Rewatching this seriesnow and wow. It's better than I had remembered it.

Anyone watching Citadel? 1st episode wasn't good
I've been waiting for people in here to discuss it as the online reviews were not kind.

I just watched Treason on Netflix - 5 episode series - wasn't too bad for a typical spy thriller type show, and pretty easy watching.

Just finished the Diplomat on Netflix.. First two episodes didn't really grab me.. But that all changed with episode 3.. Many, many great moments and Loved the interaction with the President.

Now to wait for season 2 to see who all won't be returning thanks to the ending. :popcorn:

Just finished the Diplomat on Netflix.. First two episodes didn't really grab me.. But that all changed with episode 3.. Many, many great moments and Loved the interaction with the President.

Now to wait for season 2 to see who all won't be returning thanks to the ending. :popcorn:
Wife and I are enjoying this so far; about halfway through. The Kamala Harris PR team probably isn’t a huge fan though.

Finally watching the new season of Mandalorian. Saw some comments on it especially the episode with Jack Black. I guess I'm in the minority but I thought it was a really good episode. I'm really enjoying this season and the story it's putting together.
I enjoyed the season a lot, but thought the Black episode was super dumb (and I generally really like Jack Black).

Wife and I are enjoying this so far; about halfway through. The Kamala Harris PR team probably isn’t a huge fan though.

Keri Russel bare *** shot at end of episode 4 !!!

Want to continue to prop up Lucky Hank.
Episode 6. The scene when the mom tries to arbitrate between the daughter and son in law is great. I watched it, then rewound it and watched it again.
The scene where he finally meets with his father. It was somewhat predictable, but Odenkirk's acting response to what was unfolding was nothing short of spectacular.
The relationship with his co-workers is so ridiculously realistic.

Bravo! Great show! Great writing! Can't recommend it enough.

Yeah this show is pretty good, although I haven’t been giving it my full attention when I watch
I'm almost done with episode 5 and I'm still in the stage of what am I watching here? Not sure how I feel about it, but it does keep my attention.

Man, Lucky Hank is good, but the back half of the season turns pretty dark and awful melancholy. I think the show is starting to depress me, even though I objectively think it's good.

I’d keep going
Overall I really enjoyed Justified. Dewey Crowe is an all time favorite character. I don't remember what season it was, maybe 2 or 3, it started off and I couldn't figure out if the series was trying to be equal parts drama and comedy because it was just throwing in some odd bits of humor that just didn't fit what I had seen up to that point, but it eventually balanced itself out and glad I watched all the way through.

I’d keep going
Overall I really enjoyed Justified. Dewey Crowe is an all time favorite character. I don't remember what season it was, maybe 2 or 3, it started off and I couldn't figure out if the series was trying to be equal parts drama and comedy because it was just throwing in some odd bits of humor that just didn't fit what I had seen up to that point, but it eventually balanced itself out and glad I watched all the way through.
I started down the road when Justified first came out then got sidetracked around season 4. I'm on season 5 now and am really dreading when I run out of shows soon. Love me some Raylan Givens and the constant ****storm revolving around him.

American Manhunt: The Boston Marathon Bombing - Netflix
Really solid documentary. I remembered a lot of the story but had forgotten some details. I had no idea the gun fight that had taken place in Watertown MA was so intense, and I didn't realize it was so soon after the murder of the MIT police officer. Also don't think I knew "black hat" had been run over by his own brother. I remember the story of the young man in the Mercedes being car carjacked and kidnapped but the details he shared and hearing him tell the events was great storytelling. Lots of other good details presented on how local police and the feds differed on releasing the bombers photos.

The production of this program was similar to the recent Waco documentary.
It held my attention for all three episodes. I don't think I moved from my seat once the entire time.

Really solid documentary. I remembered a lot of the story but had forgotten some details. I had no idea the gun fight that had taken place in Watertown MA was so intense, and I didn't realize it was so soon after the murder of the MIT police officer. Also don't think I knew "black hat" had been run over by his own brother. I remember the story of the young man in the Mercedes being car carjacked and kidnapped but the details he shared and hearing him tell the events was great storytelling. Lots of other good details presented on how local police and the feds differed on releasing the bombers photos.

It held my attention for all three episodes. I don't think I moved from my seat once the entire time.
I'll definitely watch this. The Walhberg movie was pretty on point with the events for the most part, will be interesting to see the actual documentary

I'll definitely watch this. The Walhberg movie was pretty on point with the events for the most part, will be interesting to see the actual documentary
My wife and I both really enjoyed it - thought it was fairly well done.

Finally watching the new season of Mandalorian. Saw some comments on it especially the episode with Jack Black. I guess I'm in the minority but I thought it was a really good episode. I'm really enjoying this season and the story it's putting together.
Glad you enjoyed it. I thought the writing was weak and it was way more Boba Fett than Andor. Which is fine. They have to try and appeal to a wide cross section of the population with these shows, and kids especially. I just didn't really care about any of it. But it is Star Wars, so i watch it no matter what.

Anyone else ever watch The Last Ship? It was originally on TNT from 2014-2018, now available on Hulu and HBO Max. Essentially an end of the world pandemic show before the actual real life pandemic. Focuses on a Naval ship trying to develop a vaccine with a ton of action. Even my wife enjoys it and will watch multiple episodes in a row. I had never heard of it, but it’s really entertaining.

Anyone else ever watch The Last Ship? It was originally on TNT from 2014-2018, now available on Hulu and HBO Max. Essentially an end of the world pandemic show before the actual real life pandemic. Focuses on a Naval ship trying to develop a vaccine with a ton of action. Even my wife enjoys it and will watch multiple episodes in a row. I had never heard of it, but it’s really entertaining.
[/QUOTE]
One of my favorite shows.

Zombies or normal pandemic?

Zombies or normal pandemic?
Normal. People get the red flu. They just get sick and die. They don’t turn into something undead.

Yea, I remember enjoying it quite a bit. :thumbup:

I discovered Mr Robot this week.

:popcorn:

I can't believe I never heard of this show before 2 weeks ago. The first 2 seasons were fantastic. It dragged a bit at times in seasons 3 and 4. I just finished s4e9 and feel like the last 4 (silent episode, Vera episode, Dom's revenge episode, and the hacking of Deus Group episode) rank up there with any 4 episode stretch of any tv show I have ever seen. If the series ended right now I would be satisfied, I can't believe there are still 4 to go.

There have been some outstanding individual performances from the supporting cast (especially Vera and Price) and Remi has probably put up a dozen episodes worthy of an Emmy. The soundtrack/mixing, cinematography/editing, and techie hacking **** have all been A+ too.

I am sure recency bias is in full effect but assuming they stick the landing over the last 4 episodes Mr Robot is going to end up as one of my favorite series.

I discovered Mr Robot this week.

:popcorn:

I can't believe I never heard of this show before 2 weeks ago. The first 2 seasons were fantastic. It dragged a bit at times in seasons 3 and 4. I just finished s4e9 and feel like the last 4 (silent episode, Vera episode, Dom's revenge episode, and the hacking of Deus Group episode) rank up there with any 4 episode stretch of any tv show I have ever seen. If the series ended right now I would be satisfied, I can't believe there are still 4 to go.

There have been some outstanding individual performances from the supporting cast (especially Vera and Price) and Remi has probably put up a dozen episodes worthy of an Emmy. The soundtrack/mixing, cinematography/editing, and techie hacking **** have all been A+ too.

I am sure recency bias is in full effect but assuming they stick the landing over the last 4 episodes Mr Robot is going to end up as one of my favorite series.
It's one of my favorite shows of all time. Up there with breaking bad, game of thrones, and Ozark on my mount Rushmore.

Good Night Oppy on Netflix was damn brilliant. Such a well made doc.

Been wanting to see this and went looking for it. FYI, it's on Prime, not Netflix. The Just Watch app is great
Ah, sorry....too many services.
:lmao:

This explains it. After telling my wife last night that "this guy from the internet whose opinion I trust" recommended this doc, we spent literally like 10 minutes on Netflix looking for it and she wanted to kill me when we couldn't find it and I wanted to re-scroll through all of the documentaries on the service. I didn't remember the exact title so I couldn't do a name search for it (and, I had had a couple of glasses of wine, so I as irrationally insisting I'd know the doc when I saw it scrolling).

Will now check Prime!

Been wanting to see this and went looking for it. FYI, it's on Prime, not Netflix. The Just Watch app is great

This explains it. After telling my wife last night that "this guy from the internet whose opinion I trust" recommended this doc, we spent literally like 10 minutes on Netflix looking for it and she wanted to kill me when we couldn't find it and I wanted to re-scroll through all of the documentaries on the service. I didn't remember the exact title so I couldn't do a name search for it (and, I had had a couple of glasses of wine, so I as irrationally insisting I'd know the doc when I saw it scrolling).

Will now check Prime!
I'm sorry. I really am. I'd be just as peeved ar me if I did that to me.

• Laughing
Reactions: Zow

Will now check Prime!
I'm sorry. I really am. I'd be just as peeved ar me if I did that to me.
For what it worth, I watched it last night and it really is an excellent doc. Maybe the best one I've seen this year. Great recommendation.

Users who are viewing this thread