What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (2 Viewers)

Came out in 2017, never heard of it but was on Prime this weekend so gave it a go and was pretty good, Last Flag Flying.

Bryan Cranston, Laurence Fishburne, Steve Carell. All served together in Vietnam, fast forward 30 years and Steve Carell loses his son. He collects up the other two to get his son and take him home. Pretty good watch.

Just finished episode 1 of Fallout. This looks just awesome and I like the (currently) multiple storyline introduction to the world. Very impressed so far.

Really liked all the care to Fallout details as well. Feels like a mix of 3 and 4 but more leaned into 4.

I had really been looking forward to Fallout and it delivered.

Oh baby! Where to start???
This series perfectly captures the feel of this bonkers game straight out of the vault. It is filled with Easter eggs and references that will have gamers jumping out of their seats, but there is enough suspenseful story to keep non-players interested and begging for more, too.

Walter Goggins has now stepped into rare air.
4.5/5

I had really been looking forward to Fallout and it delivered.

Oh baby! Where to start???
This series perfectly captures the feel of this bonkers game straight out of the vault. It is filled with Easter eggs and references that will have gamers jumping out of their seats, but there is enough suspenseful story to keep non-players interested and begging for more, too.

Walter Goggins has now stepped into rare air.
4.5/5
Watched the first 2. Love it. Not enough compliments.

My news feed has reviewers losing their minds over Fallout- Looking forward to diving in. Never played the game, but also never played any of the other recent game to TV shows and enjoyed them.

In other shows..

Shogun has been amazing and improving episode to episode.

Constellation has been good, but feels repetitive (were about ep8). Last couple episodes have been quite good out on that swedish lake.

Sugar had a really solid starting 2 episodes- looking forward to seeing it unfold, although the leads apparent vice feels pretty cliche despite the character being pretty cool.

Loved the first episode of Fallout. Amazing production value and attention to detail, tons of easter eggs, really nailed the look and feel of the games. Curious to hear opinions of others who haven’t played the games.

Show is pretty brutally gory but not bleak despite dealing with the horrors of a nuclear apocalypse. That was one of the things they have hit a homerun on in nailing the feel of the games. This isn’t The Walking Dead or The Last of Us where everything is completely depressing as there’s also a lot of comedy in the Fallout world and that can be tough to pull off given the setting and not be campy.

Loved the first episode of Fallout. Amazing production value and attention to detail, tons of easter eggs, really nailed the look and feel of the games. Curious to hear opinions of others who haven’t played the games.

Show is pretty brutally gory but not bleak despite dealing with the horrors of a nuclear apocalypse. That was one of the things they have hit a homerun on in nailing the feel of the games. This isn’t The Walking Dead or The Last of Us where everything is completely depressing as there’s also a lot of comedy in the Fallout world and that can be tough to pull off given the setting and not be campy.
Yeah. I've played them all so this is gonna be a fun ride. I did, however, make the mistake of reading some internet comments from gaming bros and god do they suck with their complaints. No one can just enjoy a ride anymore.

One thing I will note, be careful with online reviews. IDK when it became a normal thing for reviewers to totally drop major spoilers in their reviews with no warning, but they are out there. I was reading one this morning for Fallout that spoiled something for episode 3 I'd rather not know before I watched it. Seeing similar comments from others online about other different reviews spoiling things.

Fallout is good, enjoying it. Not huge into the game.

I can get on board with a lot of the cheesy stuff as it is an alternate world video game, but, for her not to shed her bunker clothes and try to fit in or at least disguise a little bit in a ruthless top world is just off the reservation. She'd have been taken advantage of and a lot worse right off the bat.

I really hope that Fallout has no plot and it's just the lone wanderer emerging from the vault, picking a direction and just going.

That would represent the game experience perfectly.

Finished Three Body Problem. Possible spoilers ahead.
There were some issues, but overall I thought it was pretty good and will likely watch season 2 if they actually make one
I don't understand why some were bashing the casting. Seemed fine to me.

The video headset thing never really came into play after like episode 3. I'm not even sure what the point of it was.

So if they can basically just kill anyone whenever, why don't they kill the people trying to stop them??

I actually liked it better once episode 4 started. The ship slicer was awesome.

There were some issues, but overall I thought it was pretty good and will likely watch season 2 if they actually make one

The video headset thing never really came into play after like episode 3. I'm not even sure what the point of it was.

So if they can basically just kill anyone whenever, why don't they kill the people trying to stop them??

Wasn't it a recruiting tool?

amazon shows always have high production values. I'm on ep 6 right. I'll let you know what I think later but so far I'm "its cool" but I'm not wowed

Yeah, I thought that, but who was recruiting who and for what??

The aliens wanted to see who was willing to simply just try to save them as opposed be motivated by something else.

To me, the pivotal moment in the whole season was the fairy tale conversation between the aliens and the guy whereby the aliens concluded humans can't be trust and are therefore worthless. But, before that, they were recruiting who can help them. That was "the game."

It's supposed to be the group that help the aliens (and are worthy to do so) and in return be the only group not eliminated when they take over the planet.

I watched the extra long Chinese version.

The aliens wanted to see who was willing to simply just try to save them as opposed be motivated by something else.

To me, the pivotal moment in the whole season was the fairy tale conversation between the aliens and the guy whereby the aliens concluded humans can't be trust and are therefore worthless. But, before that, they were recruiting who can help them. That was "the game."
That was my take, too.

• Thanks
Reactions: Zow
Never played fallout but enjoying the first two episodes. But Walton is my favorite actor maybe ever so I went into it expecting to enjoy it.

i have never played the game
I found it ok , had it on in the background when working. It didnt grab my attention to pull me away from work

finished 3 body problem. Still don't care about any of the people. Is it acting or writing that makes them so pouty? Still looking forward to s2. The premise I think is awesome.

someone mentioned The Signal. starting that next.

I got in 5 episodes of Fallout over the weekend. I had high expectations but I'm a bit disappointed so far. I'm going to try to finish it tonight.

Rented Land of Bad this weekend because I'm a war movie junky. Pretty much what you expect going in but the production was good and it doesn't bother you with love stories or down time. That said, wait until it's free and save the $6.

I got in 5 episodes of Fallout over the weekend. I had high expectations but I'm a bit disappointed so far. I'm going to try to finish it tonight.
I watched it all.
Non game player, so any references were lost on me.

I enjoyed it. The strength was in the overall story arc- which from what I understand is entirely made for the show and not from the game. The tone was a little hokey for me, which was clearly the intent. And the humor didn't quite hit, although wasn't bad. Some fun cameos too.

Loving FO. Wife is into it too which is a little shocking but pleasent

My BIL/SIL are raving about “warriors” - it’s like an Asian peaky blinders. Anybody familiar? I like it but she doesn’t.

Wondering if I should continue solo?

Loving FO. Wife is into it too which is a little shocking but pleasent

My BIL/SIL are raving about “warriors” - it’s like an Asian peaky blinders. Anybody familiar? I like it but she doesn’t.

Wondering if I should continue solo?

Haven’t had a chance to watch it yet but a number of people have raved about Warriors in here. Based on a Bruce Lee concept I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread