What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Subscriber Contest to be Unveiled by Wednesday Morning (1 Viewer)

If I make it that far, week 10 will be my "sweat the turk" week. 1 out of 2 QB's, 1 out of 4 RB's, 2 out of 6 WR's & 1 out of 3 TE's all off that week out of 21 players...

BUT, if I make it past week 10, look out...

All Undrafted Team

Romo $15

Foster $32

P Thomas $12

Woodhead $12

F Jackson $10

Reece $6

Polk $2

Blount $2

V Cruz $21

Garcon $20

Welker $19

Amendola $19

Austin $15

L Moore $14

N Washington $4

Ma Floyd $6

Thompkins $2

Gates $12

Ballard $5

Dawson $5

Gould $3

Vinatieri $3

D- 3 for $11

Total 25/$250

All Undrafted Team

Romo $15

Foster $32

P Thomas $12

Woodhead $12

F Jackson $10

Reece $6

Polk $2

Blount $2

V Cruz $21

Garcon $20

Welker $19

Amendola $19

Austin $15

L Moore $14

N Washington $4

Ma Floyd $6

Thompkins $2

Gates $12

Ballard $5

Dawson $5

Gould $3

Vinatieri $3

D- 3 for $11

Total 25/$250
I assume the Bengals would be one of the "undrafted" teams since they have so many undrafted LBs on the team :)

-QG

This is my first year doing this contest and I am definitely addicted to it. The thing hasn't even started and I have probably spent 48 cumulative hours trying to build this lineup. This might be my final lineup but probably not. I feel like I'm taking a big risk with only 2 TEs.

2 QB - $24

4 RB - $99

6 WR - $91

2 TE - $14

3 K - $9

3 DEF - $13

20 players. $250.

Has anyone ever made it far in this with only 2 TE's?? I think it is a huge gamble, especially since neither is really a stud yet. Both have breakout potential though

I have never used a short roster(studs) strategy before, but this year I just might. My latest roster only had 20 players.

This is my first year doing this contest and I am definitely addicted to it. The thing hasn't even started and I have probably spent 48 cumulative hours trying to build this lineup. This might be my final lineup but probably not. I feel like I'm taking a big risk with only 2 TEs.

2 QB - $24

4 RB - $99

6 WR - $91

2 TE - $14

3 K - $9

3 DEF - $13

20 players. $250.

Has anyone ever made it far in this with only 2 TE's?? I think it is a huge gamble, especially since neither is really a stud yet. Both have breakout potential though
I'm guessing that 2 is a pretty common number of TEs. Just having two isn't a gamble but having 2 for a combined $14? Big gamble unless you got yourself some big sleepers. 1.5 PPR makes the studs pretty valuable.

I'm always out of the running after about week 3 in this thing. But this year i all but closed my eyes and poked at the screen to choose my team and it somehow looks like I almost have a chance at the 2nd cutoff.

3 QB @ $41

3 RB @ $82

5 WR @ $81

3 TE @ $28

3 K @ $11

2 Def @ 7

19 Bodies @ $250

Totally not feeling it this year, which probably means I'll do the same thing I do every year -- hang around for a while but fail to make the playoff round.

QB -- 3/$34

RB -- 7/$71

WR -- 9/$96

TE -- 3/$25

PK -- 3/$12

DEF -- 3/$11

Total of 28 players @ $249. By far my largest roster. Worried about my top-end RB talent, especially with the 2 flex spots, so I will probably shrink my RBs by 1 or 2 and upgrade.

Maybe.

Or not.

I don't know.

I've had too many iterations of my entry to count (actually, I guess I could, as they're all in a very large spreadsheet). But these players have been on every single one of them (and are all on my final [for now] entry):

• Sam Bradford (QB2)- I want my #2 QB to be a guy who can throw up a surprisingly huge number on any given week. I like Vick a lot in this spot, too (especially if you need to shave a buck somewhere or you have Romo as your QB1). But Vick's injury risk and age kept me going back to Bradford and his much-upgraded WR corps.
  • Giovani Bernard (RB3) - There are a few other starting RBs in this price point (Lacy, D. Richardson, and Hillman), but I think Bernard has a higher ceiling, especially as the season progresses.
  • Dez Bryant (WR1) - Wanted a stud who will put up WR1 numbers and some 30+ ppg weeks. Bryant has looked more like that guy this preseason than anyone else.
  • Chris Givens (WR4) - Fairly cheap for a WR1 on a pass-happy offense with plenty of other weapons. Look for a few 20+ ppg weeks from him and an occasional flex contributor.
  • Kenbrell Thompkins (WR6) - This guy will be on the highest percentage of rosters of any player in this year's competition. Not a lot to pay for a guy who might put up solid WR3 numbers.

Who has been on every single one of your rosters so far?

Last edited by a moderator:
QB - Alex Smith - KC/10 - $10
QB - Matt Schaub - HOU/8 - $9
RB - Matt Forte - CHI/8 - $26
RB - Chris Johnson - TEN/8 - $25
RB - DeMarco Murray - DAL/11 - $21
RB - Eddie Lacy - GB/4 - $16
RB - LeGarrette Blount - NE/10 - $2
RB - Felix Jones - PIT/5 - $2
WR - Roddy White - ATL/6 - $23
WR - Eric Decker - DEN/9 - $18
WR - Mike Williams - TB/5 - $16
WR - Miles Austin - DAL/11 - $14
WR - Mohamed Sanu - CIN/12 - $6
WR - Donnie Avery - KC/10 - $4
WR - Josh Morgan - WAS/5 - $3
WR - Josh Boyce - NE/10 - $3
WR - Dexter McCluster - KC/10 - $3
WR - Jason Avant - PHI/12 - $2
WR - Brandon Gibson - MIA/6 - $2
WR - Kenbrell Thompkins - NE/10 - $2
WR - Justin Hunter - TEN/8 - $2
TE - Antonio Gates - SD/8 - $12
TE - Fred Davis - WAS/5 - $12
TE - Julius Thomas - DEN/9 - $2
PK - Adam Vinatieri - IND/8 - $3
PK - Kai Forbath - WAS/5 - $3
PK - Josh Brown - NYG/9 - $3
TD - Carolina Panthers - CAR/4 - $3
TD - San Diego Chargers - SD/8 - $3

Total value: 250

Championship!

Alright someone help me with this decision... both the same price ($16) who would you rather have: Eddie Lacy or Giovani Bernard?

holy crap i just realized right now that the starting WRs went from 3 to 2. noticed the extra flex spot but somehow missed that aspect of it. went with a large group of cheap WRs that i otherwise would not have. lame. :(

I have tried the "over-think" and spend hours method on this contest.

The enter 2 minutes before the deadline method.

And both always lead me to a week 6 or 7 ouster.

So I am trying to find a happy medium this year.

4 QBs=$49

5 RBs=$87

5 WRs=$67

3 TE=$16

3 PK=12

2 Def=11

22 players==$250.00 maybe I will make it to week 8 this time....

I'm proud to say I only made one change to my team today. Of course, I experimented with about a dozen changes, but only saved one. It must be time for the lock if I'm down to one change in 24 hours.

I forced myself to wait until today to make my roster. Last year I spent weeks dissecting spreadsheets for this and got knocked out pretty early.

I keep saying I am going to change around my roster, but as I change it, I go back to what I picked to start with.

Having a hard time trying to decide if I should go with my 3 QBs or stick with just 2.

It's killing me that I don't have Josh Gordon on my team right now. I UST can't do it with the byes and have it make sense.

It's killing me that I don't have Josh Gordon on my team right now. I UST can't do it with the byes and have it make sense.
"Hmm, I don't have Josh Gordon. Should I have Josh Gordon? What does HULK know that I don't?" Make 3 changes to my roster to fit Josh Gordon on. Realize my byes are all messed up now. Make 6 more changes to fix that. Decide I'm no longer comfortable with just 3 TEs. Make 10 more changes to add another TE. Realize my byes are once again messed up. Drop MJD, upgrade my QB2 and pick up another kicker. Downgrade a TE to add a $3 WR who I'm suddenly convinced is a must-own player. Left with $1. Think about how satisfying it would be to win the contest with a $249 entry. Submit entry and close Excel. Think about how painful it would be to get eliminated early with an extra dollar that went unused. Open Excel. Trade Brady for Luck, Wilson for Forte, Hilton for Givens, Gates for Finley, Hauschka for Forbath, Forte for Ridley, and add six defenses. End up with a roster that looks nothing like what I started with and doesn't even have Josh Gordon on it. Get eliminated in week six. Look forward to doing it all over again in 2014.

"Hmm, I don't have Josh Gordon. Should I have Josh Gordon? What does HULK know that I don't?" Make 3 changes to my roster to fit Josh Gordon on. Realize my byes are all messed up now. Make 6 more changes to fix that. Decide I'm no longer comfortable with just 3 TEs. Make 10 more changes to add another TE. Realize my byes are once again messed up. Drop MJD, upgrade my QB2 and pick up another kicker. Downgrade a TE to add a $3 WR who I'm suddenly convinced is a must-own player. Left with $1. Think about how satisfying it would be to win the contest with a $249 entry. Submit entry and close Excel. Think about how painful it would be to get eliminated early with an extra dollar that went unused. Open Excel. Trade Brady for Luck, Wilson for Forte, Hilton for Givens, Gates for Finley, Hauschka for Forbath, Forte for Ridley, and add six defenses. End up with a roster that looks nothing like what I started with and doesn't even have Josh Gordon on it. Get eliminated in week six. Look forward to doing it all over again in 2014.
:doh:

Added MJD, dropped Luck for Brady, Forte for Wilson, Givens for Hilton, swapped Finley for Gates, Forbath for Hauschka, Ridley for Forte, added 3 Ks, subtracted 2 DEFs, did the hokey-pokey and shook it all about.

Hoping they are late closing it again this year so I can do it another dozen times in the morning.

Awesomeness

Just changed it again. Still 19 players, still no Josh Gordon.

With just 19 dudes, spreading the byes out is hyper critical. Think I'm done now.

2 QB - $24

4 RB - $99

6 WR - $91

2 TE - $14

3 K - $9

3 DEF - $13

20 players. $250.

I'm guessing that 2 is a pretty common number of TEs. Just having two isn't a gamble but having 2 for a combined $14? Big gamble unless you got yourself some big sleepers. 1.5 PPR makes the studs pretty valuable.
I'm guessing one is a $12 guy and the other is a $2. The ownership % of both of these guys will be on the higher end. I'm guessing a lot of people will have those 2 guys + one more.

Brady

Romo

Gabbert

T-Rich

Spiller

Lacy

Woodhead

Powell

Fitz

Givens

Tate

Vincent Brown

Sanu

Jacoby

Hankerson

Thompkins

Witten

Gates

Gresham

Thomas

three $3 Ks

two $3 Ds

25 players

Should have probably gone with 1 less TE and upgraded 1 of my WRs. Probably also wasted $4 on Gabbert.

Elimination in week 7

Wondering now if I spent too much on TE. Don't want to risk messing it all up and now having time to fix before it's due though...

Welp, I spent about an hour messing with analysis tonight...and decided not to change anything. Actually only changed 2 players yesterday.

Kinda surprised but...I think I'm actually set.

I was smart enough to save it off-line so during that weird interregnum where you can't actually see your team I'll be able to post it up :)

I just hope I get a low entry number this time.

-QG

[SIZE=9.5pt]QB - Peyton Manning - DEN/9 - $23
QB - EJ Manuel - BUF/12 - $7
RB - Trent Richardson - CLE/10 - $27
RB - LeSean McCoy - PHI/12 - $27
RB - Eddie Lacy - GB/4 - $16
RB - Danny Woodhead - SD/8 - $12
RB - Lance Dunbar - DAL/11 - $3
WR - Julio Jones - ATL/6 - $27
WR - Dez Bryant - DAL/11 - $26
WR - Larry Fitzgerald - ARI/9 - $23
WR - Kenbrell Thompkins - NE/10 - $2
TE - Rob Gronkowski - NE/10 - $24
TE - Dwayne Allen - IND/8 - $9
TE - Anthony Fasano - KC/10 - $2
TE - Julius Thomas - DEN/9 - $2
PK - Greg Zuerlein - STL/11 - $4
PK - Steve Hauschka - SEA/12 - $3
PK - Robbie Gould - CHI/8 - $3
TD - Seattle Seahawks - SEA/12 - $6
TD - Baltimore Ravens - BAL/8 - $4
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]Going for broke, with a short roster. I hate only having 4 wrs, but you have to gamble somewhere.........and I think Manning goes ridiculously large this year.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]I had Gordon on every submission, just could not pull the trigger to find room for him on final one...Gordon/Lacy.....Gordon/Woodhead? ARGO, F It![/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]Hello Turk, week 8....[/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread