What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Subscriber Contest to be Unveiled by Wednesday Morning (2 Viewers)

Ended up at 181, so I'm comfortable for this week. Next week however, I'll be without Bush, Moreno, Decker, Shorts, and Julius Thomas...all of which have been used in nearly every week.

I'm just hoping it will be as ugly for everyone else as it will be for me.

159.7 right now with:

Daryl Richardson (-12.2)

Chris Givens (-14.1)

Hauschka (-19.3)

Still to go. Don't think any of em will pass those totals up, so odds are I am staying at 159.7.

Should be fine, but scoring a total of 9.3 between Brady and Vick hurts...

Thanks Brady!

I guess the one good thing about him being so terrible is that most of the teams he's on will be eliminated (33% alive before this week). If he does turn it around for the stretch (doubt it) he could be gold.

121 w/ Hauschka -3

Sweating it out tonight.

Sitting at 126.4 with whatever Daryl Richardson scores counting as my RB2. Will also be taking a zero at one of the flex spots (thanks Kembrell Thompkins!).

Good Luck All! Looks like the cutoff is ~118 going into MNF.

Looks like I will be moving on to week 9 after a 175.75. Had big games from Cam, Lacy, Reggie Bush, Tate and Graham. Welcome to the party Cordarrelle Patterson. (well almost Tate's big game blew your's out of the water). Too bad Vick got hurt again... not looking good for him to contribute the rest of the way.

So far 23 out of 29 have played (79.3%).

Newton (5/8) Vick (3/8) Weeden (0/8)

Bush (6/8) D. Williams (3/8) Lacy (5/8) Helu (2/8) J. Bell (4/8) Redman (0/8) Polk (1/8)

Mi. Floyd (5/8) Hopkins (2/8) G. Tate (3/8) Hartline (3/8) Patterson (0/8) Wheaton (0/8) Kerley (2/8) K. Allen (3/8) Thompkins (3/8) J. Hunter (0/8)

Graham (6/8) D. Allen (0/8) Eifert (2/8) J. Thomas (6/8)

Zuerlein (4/8) Forbath (1/8) Gano (3/8)

Browns (2/8) Ravens (6/8)

Flex: RB 5, WR 5, TE 6

Players out for the year (or cut/benched): D. Allen, Weeden, Redman ($22/$250) and possibly Vick??? ($9)

Players passed Bye week 16/29 (55.2%)

PocketSnowmen

Edited to reflect Tate's big game.

Last edited by a moderator:
IDK HOW I survived this week but I think at 149.9 and Lynch tonight i'm safe [for now], but, having Bradford, Schaub, and EJ Manuel as my QBs is a bit less than ideal. :( :(

I was hoping that Schaub would get the start with him being healthy but sounds like the Texans are rolling with Keenum. GAH!!!

I haven't calculated, but I know I'm out this week. Bye's and injuries crushed me. My team will be:

M. Vick

R. Bush

M. Lynch

D. Bryant

C. Shorts

J. Cook

J. Cameron

M. Nugent

Seahawks

Looks like I'll need at least 50pts from Lynch/Cook/Seahawks D tonight (assuming the cutoff is around 118pts).

I'm donezo.

Good Luck All! Looks like the cutoff is ~118 going into MNF.

Looks like I will be moving on to week 9 after a 157.75 (with Tate (-10.6) and Zuerlein (-7) still to go). Had big games from Cam, Lacy, Reggie Bush and Graham. Welcome to the party Cordarrelle Patterson. Too bad Vick got hurt again... not looking good for him to contribute the rest of the way.

So far 24 out of 29 have played (86.2%).

Newton (5/8) Vick (3/8) Weeden (0/8)

Bush (6/8) D. Williams (3/8) Lacy (5/8) Helu (2/8) J. Bell (4/8) Redman (0/8) Polk (1/8)

Mi. Floyd (5/8) Hopkins (2/8) G. Tate (2/8) Hartline (3/8) Patterson (1/8) Wheaton (0/8) Kerley (2/8) K. Allen (3/8) Thompkins (3/8) J. Hunter (0/8)

Graham (6/8) D. Allen (0/8) Eifert (2/8) J. Thomas (6/8)

Zuerlein (3/8) Forbath (1/8) Gano (4/8)

Browns (2/8) Ravens (6/8)

Flex: RB 5, WR 5, TE 6

Players out for the year (or cut/benched): D. Allen, Weeden, Redman ($22/$250) and possibly Vick??? ($9)

Players passed Bye week 16/29 (55.2%)

PocketSnowmen
Please don't move much. I screwed the pooch on only have Forte/Wilson/Bernard as my RBs since Wilson has been nothing all year and having Forte back next week will be huge. I am only a little reliant on Denver (Julius and Demaryius), but with a lot of WRs and Gronk/Graham, I should be OK next week. I toyed with the idea of combining Miles Austin and David Wilson into Jamal Charles. Doh.

First time ever I remember this many thread regulars getting whacked at the same time. It's almost like a 50% cut down week.

Good luck tonight folks. I am already looking forward to next Monday night when I will likely have Forte playing for my future in this contest. Manning and no healthy back up does not make for a fun time.

Next week will be tough for me too.

Romo

Spiller/Lacy

Allen/Brown

Gates

2 Ds and 2 Ks

Flexes have to be Gronk and Amendola

That's my entire scoreable team.

I will probably/hopefully skate by this week currently with ~138, and I've got Cook playing tonight. Next week will probably be my last:

Cam/Roethlisberger

Charles/Spiller

Bryant/Green/Thompkins

Witten/Cook

no kicker

Houston/San Diego

That's all I got. Injured Spiller at RB, Thompkins and Cook as my flex plays and no kicker. I'm pretty much doomed, I think.

I haven't calculated, but I know I'm out this week. Bye's and injuries crushed me. My team will be:

M. Vick

R. Bush

M. Lynch

D. Bryant

C. Shorts

J. Cook

J. Cameron

M. Nugent

Seahawks

Looks like I'll need at least 50pts from Lynch/Cook/Seahawks D tonight (assuming the cutoff is around 118pts).

I'm donezo.
Vick - .55

Bush - 26.2

Bryant - 22.2

Shorts - 11.9

Cameron - 14.1

Nugent - 7

Total of players who've plaved = 81.95

I think with Seahawks and Lynch you could be ok if you get anythng at all from Cook.

Edited to reflect scoring mistake adding 2 points to Bush's total (no points taken off for fumble) and adding 1 point to Vick's total (-1 pt for INT, not 2).

So if you started Vick, but you have another QB that didn't play, do you have to take the negative from Vick or do you get the zero?

Between byes, injuries and suckitude, I had 11 zeros, counting Vick's 0.65, from my 23-man roster, and Daryl Richardson has the chance to make it a majority tonight. I got a total of 11.6 from my RBs and only 5 from my defense. None of that mattered as I'm breezing through with 171.7, thanks mostly to Megatron, but also with big contributions from Dexter McCluster, Scott Chandler and Mason Crosby. Calvin's my only bye next week and I have only 3 other certain goose-eggs, so I'm optimistic. Onward!

So if you started Vick, but you have another QB that didn't play, do you have to take the negative from Vick or do you get the zero?
Vick wasn't negative: he threw for 30 yards and INTs are only -1. He ended up with 0.65.

Vick wasn't negative: he threw for 30 yards and INTs are only -1. He ended up with 0.65.
Yep, that's correct, my mistake. That will teach me to do a quick review of the scoring before responding. Also, there is apparently no points taken off for a fumble. At least I couldn't see it anywhere in the scoring rules, so you can add another two points for Bush that I took off. Vick I think should be .55 though at 31 yards.

After getting to the playoff round last year I'm almost certainly getting the hook this week thanks to rolling with the 3-headed nightmare that is Martin, Spiller, and Wilson.

I'm done. Its all over...unless...

Christine Michael, this is your night. I need you to run up and down the field at will. Looking for 200 and 2.

You can do it. I believe in you. Now go, and RUN LIKE THE WIND...

p.s. and some receiving yards would be nice.

Well, I survived another week, but it's been fun while it lasted. Next week, I head to a week without Manning, and apparently without Vick, so I'll be taking a big ole zero at the QB position in week 9. The only redemption I have is that the guy I debated in backing up Manning was Schaub. Since he's out as well, my decision resulted in the same outcome.

Cotton McKnight: I'm being told that Saint does not have enough players and will be forfeiting the Week 9 $35K match.

Pepper Brooks: It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for 'em.

Yep, that's correct, my mistake. That will teach me to do a quick review of the scoring before responding. Also, there is apparently no points taken off for a fumble. At least I couldn't see it anywhere in the scoring rules, so you can add another two points for Bush that I took off. Vick I think should be .55 though at 31 yards.
He also ran for one yard.

M. Vick

R. Bush

M. Lynch

D. Bryant

C. Shorts

J. Cook

J. Cameron

M. Nugent

Seahawks

I'm donezo.
Vick - .55

Bush - 26.2

Bryant - 22.2

Shorts - 11.9

Cameron - 14.1

Nugent - 7

Total of players who've plaved = 81.95

I think with Seahawks and Lynch you could be ok if you get anythng at all from Cook.

Edited to reflect scoring mistake adding 2 points to Bush's total (no points taken off for fumble) and adding 1 point to Vick's total (-1 pt for INT, not 2).
Thanks for the calculations. That's roughly what I had it at when I was skimming. Looks like I need closer to 40 from Lynch, Seahawks D and Cook.

Here's hoping!..

Skirting the edges of elimination thanks to my RB corps totally biffing it this week(Forte on bye, Joique Bell only other healthy runner currently).

My TEs have been carrying me most weeks at flex as well, but Gronk/JT were mere mortals this go round. Jared Cook(or Chris Givens at WR) could still help, and I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I'm not holding my breath. Guessing I probably need around 10-15 from somebody to really make myself feel comfortable(since I'm estimating the cut), but even that may not be enough.....and I don't think there's any way Cook or Givens gets there, particularly with KC chucking the pill for the Rams.

Prolly out, but too close to not check the game tonight with the alacrity of an 12-year-old, OCD, hyperactive, hypoglycemic. Save me from myself!

I am at 979.95 after that touchdown... Golden Tate and Russell Wilson both count for me this week going (need more points), and still have Seattle defense -8. They need to keep picking these passes off and need to run a TD back.

I'm sitting on 108, but have a slugger's chance with Lynch (-0), Richardson (-1.7 flex), Rice (-8.5 WR or -1.7 flex), Cook (-7.4 TE or -1.7 Flex), Zuerlein (-9), and Seattle (-10)

My second flex is only 5.7 right now, so a chance for multiple guys to grab a flex spot tonight. I figure I might have 25-30 points in my team tonight. Lynch is averaging about 18 points, and Cook is averaging about 8 (taking out the week 1 anomaly)
:kicksrock:

3rd year in a row im going to be out week 11. My backup qb always gets injured and my starter has been off week 11 for 3 years in a row. This year I took 2 backup qbs and theyre BOTH injured

Surviving but it's now only a matter of time with

Bradford

Vick

Wee den as my QBs

Injuries have killed my 2 best teams. Good luck to everyone else.

127.9 :thumbup: Can't believe I'm moving on with stinkers put up by Gronk, Julius, Amendola, RG3, Vick (yikes), etc.

MVP: Redskins Defense!

Thought for sure I was going to be knocked out without a QB (1 on bye and 2 injured) in week 8 but survived by 10 points thanks to Reggie Bush and Gordon.

I'll truly need a miracle in week 9. I didn't have much room for error to start with and it has become bleaker as time has gone on.

QB: Kaepernick and Vick - 0 points coming

RB: Spiller (out?), Bush (bye), Lacy, Woodhead, Powell

WR: D. Thomas (bye), A. Johnson, Bowe (ugh), Austin (out?), Thompkins (MIA)

TE: Witten (MIA?), Davis (bye), Thomas (bye)

So I'll need 6 of those RBs and WRs with best case scenario 8 playing (if Spiller and Austin play). And Witten to return from the witness protection program. And an insanely low cutoff. And get lucky with one of my defenses (Tenn/Buffalo).

In other words, been a lot of fun like always, see you for the playoff contest.

MFer. 3.5 points below the cutoff. I had been at least 40 points above the cutoff every week and I get nailed by Forte's bye week (only David effing Wilson and Bernard as my other RBs) and the worst performances all year of Bernard, Thompkins, Julius Thomas, Gronk (just 2 weeks, but 5.7?), Blackmon and of course Mr. Inactive Miles Austin. Heck even AJ Green had 4 more than his worst game and Kerley HAD been playing well. Man, that just sucks to miss by 3.5 when I know other than a couple guys, my whole team crapped out.

Well, it was fun. This was the first time I really tried in my entry or even remembered to enter. Sucks too because this was really my worst bye week problem because of my thin RBs. I just needed to make it through week 8. I would have rather missed the cut by 50.

Moving on with a 168.80 score this week. If I make it until Week 11, that most likely will be my exit from the contest. With my only 2 QBs being Romo and Vick, Week 11 Romo will be on a bye, along with Dez Bryant. Unless I got monster games from the rest of my team, that will be the end of my team.

1st year playing in the contest, next year I will go with at least 3 QBs.

I'm not sure whats more interesting...

the fact that 669 out of 673 teams with Calvin Johnson survived this week or...

4 out of 673 teams with Calvin Johnson missed the cut this week...

127.00 :topcat:

Sole reason for being out is the QB position.

-Brady sucks

-Bradford got hurt

Don`t think I`ll change from 2 QBs next year. Just gotta pick two better ones.

RBs started slow but started coming around. Again, happy with how having 4 "studs" worked out but gotta pick better ones.

-Rice sucked

-Jax apparently forgot that MJD could catch

-McCoy stud.

-Lacy stud in the making

WRs were fantastic and carried my team. As the league goes further and further towards the passing game, studs WRs were the way to go.

-Dez, AJ and Demarius :thumbup:

-Vincent Brown was a waste of $9. Counted once but wasn't even needed that week.

-Thompkins was great for the price. $2 and counted 4 times. Can't get much more value than that even as he doesn't look to be much of a factor for the rest of the season.

Screwed up at TE. Luke Stocker? Really FBG? They had him listed as a sleeper and I had that exact $5 left :thumbdown:

Witten was a bust pick to go with JT who was far better than expected. Probably going to go 3 TE again next year. Just gotta pick'em better.

Went 2K/2D this year and it was looking great until this week... had been averaging about 11 ppg from 2 D (Lions and Colts) and almost 12 from 2K (Forbath and Haushcka). And of course this week I get 0 from D and 3 from kickers :X

Probably going back to 3/3 next year so I have at least 2 going each week to avoid these stinkers.

Users who are viewing this thread