What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Subscriber Contest to be Unveiled by Wednesday Morning (1 Viewer)

Man, somehow I keep surviving. 2 weeks in a row with taking a 0 at QB! I don't know how many more weeks I can play with fire without getting burned, but, I'm happy I made it this far!

How's everyone looking this week only 4 byes.
Jamaal Charles will be missed this week as he has scored for me in all 9 weeks this season.

Only other byes are Jordan Cameron (counting on you Scott Chandler!) & New England defense.

I've been riding through relatively comfortably (closest scare was 13 points from cut in week 4), but haven't been putting up any BIG weeks. Hopefully roster has been saving those for crunch time.

# of teams with Griffin III, Bush, Forte, Gronk: 1

Glad to be a pretty unique entry at this point. Hopefully RG3 stays healthy and starts ballin'

Survived despite having to use Bilal, Helu, Tavon, and Jeremy Kerley (8.5 pts combined). Romo, Witten, Andre, and Dolphins D scored most of my points.

Last edited by a moderator:
Next week is my make or break. Charles, Gordon, and Cameron on bye means I can't really afford bad games out of Lacy, Green, Julius, and Moreno. Lance Moore's score will count no matter what. Don't like my chances.

Arrgh, eliminated last week by 3 points and would have been 50+ points above the cut line this week with Prater and Thomas x2 on bye and with only AJ Green as my WR with byes and Blackmon. Doubt I would have made it really deep with Kerley hurt and Blackmon gone. Other than last week, my core of Kaep/Romo, Forte, Bernard, Green, Demaryius, Gronk, Graham and Julius Thomas has been really solid.

I think I need to stop looking. :)

Survived this week @ 146.80 with no QB. Definitely in trouble though....on to this week without Charles or Cameron, and I'm down to 2 viable RB (Lacy and Bernard), 3 WR (Dez, DHB, and Givens), and one QB (Eli, unless EJ Manuel returns early). I get Julius back, but he might still be a bit gimpy.

Can't believe I was in the 170s this week, I thought I was out.

Forte and Hilton saved my bacon.

Aside from Forte, my RBs suck.

I cannot believe I'm still alive in this team with my crap RB's. Lacy is the only guy to break 10 pts since week 4 (looking at you Trent Richardson!).

I took a zero 2 weeks ago at a flex and this last week took a zero at QB.

4 QBs @ $46

6 RBs @ $73

8 WRs @ $73

3 TEs @ $39

3 PKs @ $ 9

3 Ds @ $10

-----------

27 players, $250

(snip - detailed team roster and rationale in link to post)
I WANT MY JULIUS THOMAS!

[/betterOffDead]
God I suck at this.
Week 3: Made the first real cut in ~8350th place. Dollars spent per point:

(snip - detailed week 3 breakdown)
Week 4: With my RBs, thought I was dead, but ended up with my highest score in 4 weeks and alive in ~7770th place. Dollars spent per point:

(snip - detailed week 4 breakdown)
Week 5: Made the cut by about 20, but really thanks to:

(snip -detailed week 5 breakdown)
Week 6: Rough week for everyone in this contest as indicated by the low cut line...

(snip - detailed week 6 breakdown)
Week 7: Jacquizz! Fleener! McCluster! These names get me through this week, but do not bode well long term.

(snip - detailed week 7 breakdown)
Week 8: Made the cut by 12, largely thanks to Dexter McCluster with assists from Chris Givens and the Packers putting Crosby in good kick chances.

(snip - detailed week 8 breakdown)
Week 9: Blew past the cut line by ~40pts thanks to monster games from Ridley, Amendola and Witten. Survived the first of two consecutive bye week minefields.At QB, QB2 Wilson made the score, but QB1 Luck and QB4 Ponder were just a hair behind. Results so far have shown that 2 QBs (Luck & Wilson) would have sufficed.

At RB, I knew I was down to RB2 Ridley and RB3 Rodgers as the other 4 were on byes or are DNPs. Ridley came up huge with his first 100+yd game and 2 TDs. Rodgers had a sneaky good day with his 6 catches, pushing his score into double digits.

At WR, with WR1A (and every week scorer) Welker on bye, I had concerns where the points would come from. WR1B Amendola put those concerns to rest with his first score since week 1 and a 20+pt game to boot. WR5 Streater took the 2nd score with a great yardage day to go along with his 5 grabs. No flex scores from the other 5 guys as they couldn't crack double digits and beat out my TEs. I think WR8 Thompkins might be done now with Gronk and Amendola back (Dobson is looking like the Pats' WR2 with Edelman their WR3) so with 3 scores in 9 weeks, I tip my cap to him and have no regrets on the $2 spent.

At TE, I saw my first two flex scores of the season, so all 3 counted. TE1 Witten lead the way, but TE3 Celek's TD propelled him into double digits for the 4th time this year. TE2 Fleener's decent yardage day did the same for him.

At PK, Hauschka lead the way with a relatively weak single-digit score. First time since week 1 my 3 PKs (well 2 this week with Feely on bye) did not crack double-digits.

At D/ST, the Saints finally put up a stinker, but the Chargers came through with a defensive TD. The pick-6 contributed to the entire 8 points as they did nothing else sack-wise or turnover-wise.

Looking ahead to week 10: Pats are on a bye, which means no RB2 Ridley and no WR1B Amendola (WR8 Thompkins is written off anyway). RB1 MJD and RB3 Rodgers must get the job done as they are all that's left at RB. At WR, I get WR1A Welker back, but will need Givens, Hartline, Streater and Jacoby Jones to do something. Everyone else is in play.

Cut it close during Megatron's bye week. Feeling good about the next few weeks with Calvin, Graham, and McCoy all on board. Charles comes back into the mix after this week's bye...but it still feels like I'll need to get something from David Wilson to make a run at any prizes. Lacy instead of Wilson = $.

Made it one more week. I'm losing Charles coming up, but I'm not too worried - he's the only bye player on my lineup, and my team has pulled upwards of 200 without his number factored in. The following week will be a big problem though, as I lose Dez and both my TE's. Looking at the previous weeks... there's a few I wouldn't have survived without their numbers.

Can't believe I'm still alive with this dreck...

Colin Kaepernick $18
Michael Vick $9
Jake Locker $8
--------------------------
LeSean McCoy $27
Maurice Jones-Drew $22
Eddie Lacy $16
Pierre Thomas $12
Roy Helu $6
Felix Jones $2
Demaryius Thomas $24
Marques Colston $21
Pierre Garcon $20
Chris Givens $10
Golden Tate $10
Stephen Hill $6
Nate Washington $4
Jared Cook $15
David Ausberry $4
Julius Thomas $2
Steve Hauschka $3
Rob Bironas $3
Cincinnati Bengals $5
New Orleans Saints $3

My only important remaining bye is McCoy, so maybe I have an outside shot to last a couple more weeks.

401 teams still alive with the Bush / Lacy pairing, but only 14 left with my top 3 WR combo of Dez, DeSean and Garcon.

Combine all 5 and I'm the only one left.

QB pairing of Kap / Romo down to 84. Doubt Vick will do much of anything to be relevant there.

Now if Cleveland could please remember to throw Cameron every third pass I'd be good!

Peyton Manning $23 0
Michael Vick $9 0

Chris Johnson $25 32
Reggie Bush $23 0
Stevan Ridley $21 27.4
David Wilson $21 0

Reggie Wayne $19 0
DeSean Jackson $16 26
Golden Tate $10 5.9
Brian Hartline $9 6.9
Vincent Brown $9 2.7
Aaron Dobson $7 30

Vernon Davis $19 0
Jared Cook $15 14.1
Brent Celek $6 13.2

Adam Vinatieri $3 7.5
Kai Forbath $3 7.7
Josh Brown $3 0

Tennessee Titans $3 6
Washington Redskins $3 5
Buffalo Bills $3 2

TOTAL 163.3
CUTOFF 133.65

:pickle: what a week for dobson and cj to show up, without a QB in the lineup for me. it's a sign...

401 teams still alive with the Bush / Lacy pairing, but only 14 left with my top 3 WR combo of Dez, DeSean and Garcon.

Combine all 5 and I'm the only one left.

QB pairing of Kap / Romo down to 84. Doubt Vick will do much of anything to be relevant there.

Now if Cleveland could please remember to throw Cameron every third pass I'd be good!
I got u beat bro.

Brady, Romo

Forte, Bush, Lacy

AJ, Decker

Gates, Thomas

Misc backups, 3 kickers, 3 defenses

Not a bad team to be left with after losing Julio to injury and schaub, fred davis and brandon myers to ineptitude.

Barely survived this week thanks to 17.40 from... Davone Bess ?!? :shock: :loco: :excited:

I'm not long for the contest, with my QB platoon of Bradford / Vick / Schaub.

Always fun while it lasts. This year I tried something different.

I waited until the last minute ( again ). I submitted my first pass, and didn't go back to tweak even once.

Yeah, crazy I know.

QB Sam Bradford $10
QB Michael Vick $9
QB Matt Schaub $9
RB LeSean McCoy $27
RB Stevan Ridley $21
RB Eddie Lacy $16
RB Ben Tate $14
RB Bryce Brown $11
RB Michael Bush $8
RB Brandon Bolden $3
RB Chris Polk $2
WR Dez Bryant $26
WR Chris Givens $10
WR Rueben Randle $8
WR Mohamed Sanu $6
WR Markus Wheaton $5
WR Jeremy Kerley $5
WR Davone Bess $4
TE Jordan Cameron $12
TE Dwayne Allen $9
TE Tyler Eifert $7
TE Julius Thomas $2
PK Greg Zuerlein $4
PK Dan Bailey $4
PK Steve Hauschka $3
PK Kai Forbath $3
TD Cincinnati Bengals $5
TD Cleveland Browns $4
TD New Orleans Saints $3

What a nightmare for me this year.

My two teams went out in week 8 and week 9.

The thing that kills me is that one team missed the cut by less than 2 points and the other team missed the cut by just over 2 points.

I think I would have rather missed the cut by 40 points.

Good luck to everyone that is still in the contest. I fell like I learned a great deal this year and have some ideas for a better strategy next year.

chocula said:
What a nightmare for me this year.

My two teams went out in week 8 and week 9.

The thing that kills me is that one team missed the cut by less than 2 points and the other team missed the cut by just over 2 points.

I think I would have rather missed the cut by 40 points.

Good luck to everyone that is still in the contest. I fell like I learned a great deal this year and have some ideas for a better strategy next year.
Whatcha got. Always open to learning something new.

Returned late last night from a week's vacation on the beaches and bars of Key West and logged on this morning to find that I'm done - just as I expected - but it was closer than I thought it might be. With just 14 points out of my QB position (Kaep/Cutler/Vick) I'd still be in it.

See ya'll next season!

Somehow made it through without a QB this week. Started with 27 players and kind of glad I did... so far:

QB: Lost Vick

WR: Lost Blackmon, Gibson

TE: Lost Allen, Ausberry

So now I have a team of 22. Once more, I am confident that larger rosters give you a much higher chance of making it to the finale. With the change in roster flex this year, if I had to make changes, I would probably have invested more in TEs.

i need A. rodgers to get healthy quickly and ej manuel to start this week. dez bryant is my only significant bye left.

last year i finished top 10, mostly on dumb luck, timely performances and good WRs. poor QB play in the last week prevented me from earning one of the good payouts. after somehow believing that i learned a lesson or two, my team is significantly worse than last year.

QB rodgers (7/9) manuel (2/9) this week is scary

RB Forte (8/9) lacy (5/9) tate (3/9) moreno (7/9) david wilson (dead to me)

WR bryant (6/9) bowe (3/9) givens (3/9) tate (5/9) randle (4/9) avant (2/9) thompkins (3/9)

TE graham (7/9) thomas (7/9)

i've always gone 3 QB and 3 TE. this year, i tried to be "safer" and pick a premium player at those positions, at the expense of a roster spot. i'm far too reliant on my denver players and graham. my WRs suck, and i might not have a QB this week. i've lurked this thread all year, but i figured i may as well post once before i'm eliminated.

I assume OC's scoring tool is off? It has Luck with 2 more points than the actual contest scoring.

Sorry, still can't believe I got bumped this week by .90

I assume OC's scoring tool is off? It has Luck with 2 more points than the actual contest scoring.

Sorry, still can't believe I got bumped this week by .90
His 2 point conversion doesn't count in the contest. Just a quirk in the contest scoring that most scoring systems don't catch.

Rodgers injury will be monstrous for some really good teams. Rough to lose that way.

Not sure how I survived Calvin, Fitz, Moreno, Davis, J.Thomas all on a bye week, but I guess I'm not sitting too bad now.

QB: Brees/Vick

RB: Chris Johnson/Eddie Lacy/Moreno/D.Wilson/F.Jones

WR: Calvin Johnson/Larry Fitzgerald/Pierre Garcon/Antonio Brown

TE: Vernon Davis/Julius Thomas/Fred Davis

K: Akers/Hauschka

DEF: Seahawks/Redskins

Other than the Seahawks Defense and Kicker, all my major bye weeks are done.

Users who are viewing this thread