What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Subscriber Contest - Ways To Hack Around For Live Scoring? (1 Viewer)

8K per year? With 12,254 entrants, I would gladly pay a few extra bucks, which would fully cover the $8K, and more. Raise your minimum subscription to $50!

All good. No worries, GB.
What? I paid $47.88 as the minimum to play in the yearly contest. No one, and I mean no one, that would pay $47.88, would not pay $50 to play in your awesome contest. 12254 x $2.12 = nearly $26K. Do you realize your contest is the most fun some oldtimer's still have? I realize you are adding tons of content, and I appreciate it, but for $50, all I want is your contest and the forums to chat.

Check the FBGs Plans thread before you start suggesting even the smallest increase in fbg rates.
it ain’t me who complained. I happily paid for the Elite plan since I use the draft dominator, 5 second primer, rankings, etc etc. but others don’t all agree with me.
Lemme ask you - and please answer - if you were paying ONLY for the contest, how much would you pay? Please, please answer honestly, and don't worry what others may say.

Lemme ask you - and please answer - if you were paying ONLY for the contest, how much would you pay? Please, please answer honestly, and don't worry what others may say.

great question….i honestly don’t need another “fantasy team” in my life, so if this were a separate league that cost money, I likely wouldn’t do it at all. It’s an awesome, fun time waster to fill most of August but I’ve never made it far enough to think I could actually win it. I don’t run numbers, or do price-to-projection calculations, or anything advanced like that. So it’s way too much luck for me to pay for it.
Same reason I no longer do March Madness pools. I don’t know a thing about NCAA Basketball so I’m really just burning 20 bucks to be in a fun contest that I’m sure to lose 99 out of 100 times.
signed,
boring

8K per year? With 12,254 entrants, I would gladly pay a few extra bucks, which would fully cover the $8K, and more. Raise your minimum subscription to $50!

What? I paid $47.88 as the minimum to play in the yearly contest. No one, and I mean no one, that would pay $47.88, would not pay $50 to play in your awesome contest. 12254 x $2.12 = nearly $26K. Do you realize your contest is the most fun some oldtimer's still have? I realize you are adding tons of content, and I appreciate it, but for $50, all I want is your contest and the forums to chat.

Check the FBGs Plans thread before you start suggesting even the smallest increase in fbg rates.
it ain’t me who complained. I happily paid for the Elite plan since I use the draft dominator, 5 second primer, rankings, etc etc. but others don’t all agree with me.
Ya I don't think they could/should up the price again. The $2 isn't a big deal but it would be the principle of it when people already seem to be not a fan of the new pricing (I don't mind but some do). Even if 1 in 25 people dropped out because they were annoyed with yet another price increase, then they'd break even as they'd quickly lose that 26k income.

Do we even know they paid extra for this? The way it's worded, is that this live scoring came included with their 8k stat package that they would have purchased anyways... so not sure it's needed or even a win.

Ya I don't think they could/should up the price again. The $2 isn't a big deal but it would be the principle of it when people already seem to be not a fan of the new pricing (I don't mind but some do). Even if 1 in 25 people dropped out because they were annoyed with yet another price increase, then they'd break even as they'd quickly lose that 26k income.

Do we even know they paid extra for this? The way it's worded, is that this live scoring came included with their 8k stat package that they would have purchased anyways... so not sure it's needed or even a win.
All I want for my $47.88 is a fun chat forum and 2 contests (regular and post-season). But, do I expect 2 fun contests? Yes! And are the contests fun without the queriers (analyzers) or semi-live scoring? No, not at all. The analyzers and scoring are what makes the contest fun. You need both the analyzer and the semi-live scoring to make the contest enjoyable. Without both, the contest is useless. You need the analyzer to follow how may teams have which players, and the (semi) live scoring to see how the cut line moves. The Turk has come up with a great (semi) live scoring program this year, and the analyzer works like a charm. Take either one away, and the contest blows!

All I want for my $47.88 is a fun chat forum and 2 contests (regular and post-season). But, do I expect 2 fun contests? Yes! And are the contests fun without the queriers (analyzers) or semi-live scoring? No, not at all. The analyzers and scoring are what makes the contest fun. You need both the analyzer and the semi-live scoring to make the contest enjoyable. Without both, the contest is useless. You need the analyzer to follow how may teams have which players, and the (semi) live scoring to see how the cut line moves. The Turk has come up with a great (semi) live scoring program this year, and the analyzer works like a charm. Take either one away, and the contest blows!
And what is the issue with having those two things like they've added, and keeping it at $47.88? :P

And what is the issue with having those two things like they've added, and keeping it at $47.88?
Hey, I'm a simple man. As I said, all I want is a fun contest. I would stop being a paying member if they cut either the semi-live scoring or contest analyzer. The only problem I see is FBG's wait til the last minute every year to announce whether or not they will have both. It shouldn't be that way. FBG's should know in advance whether or not they will offer the analyzer and semi-live scoring. It's the same thing every year - it doesn't change.

Thank you GB. I appreciate you. But I also think you're unique. I think we've hit a good spot now with our pricing and all the stuff it includes. Thank you.

Hey, I'm a simple man. As I said, all I want is a fun contest. I would stop being a paying member if they cut either the semi-live scoring or contest analyzer. The only problem I see is FBG's wait til the last minute every year to announce whether or not they will have both. It shouldn't be that way. FBG's should know in advance whether or not they will offer the analyzer and semi-live scoring. It's the same thing every year - it doesn't change.

This year it changed quite a bit. Not on the surface for you folks but we had a significant infrastructure change that put a big wrench in how some of the things worked.

Hopefully next year will be way more smooth.

Users who are viewing this thread