What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Suh lied about accident (1 Viewer)

Wow.

Bracie!

I'm not even going to comment directly because it's too ridiculous.

Some people get way too worked up.

I'm pretty much done here for the season anyway.

I'm happy about all the info I got here.

It is what it is at this point.

Hopefully you're in the playoffs and have a shot at your leagues championship.

C Ya

Have fun everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Detroit Lions DL Ndamukong Suh lied to police about his crash in downtown Portland, according to two passengers in the car. Suh said that he was trying to pass a taxicab when he lost control of the 1970 Chevrolet Coupe and crashed into a tree, according to the original police report. He also said that no one was injured. No citations were issued. However, two of the people who were passengers in the car have since come forward with information that disputes Suh’s story and the amended police report also quotes a third passenger who said she, too, was injured in the crash. 'When the light turned green, he floored it,' one of the passengers said. 'I just remember going so fast and it was violent and just getting thrown around like rag dolls.' The woman said she was injured in the crash and she had a cut above her eyebrow which required stitches, a black eye and a busted lip.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ OUR VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

A little more goofiness from Suh here. Let's hope we can get the news focus back to Football for him soon.
A "little more goofiness"? Seriously? The guy lied to police. There are things that I would call goofiness - lying to police officers in a traffic accident is not one of them.

Also completely ignored are the underlying questions about who the "women" were and why they were in the car...and why Suh would cover up the fact that they were in the car at all.

The guy is suspended for bad behavior, so he's hanging out with hookers and smashing up his car (despite the fact that his hometown police saying he "wasn't impaired"...just like Big Ben just happened to need to use the facilities) - and this is a "little more goofiness"?

Wow. Talk about minimizing. Sometimes it's no wonder that professional athletes think they can get away with anything. Next, when it's confirmed that the "women" were prostitutes is the next item going to be "well, boys will be boys..."? :confused:

I hate to sound all "holier than thou" - but usually you're better than this.
Why is there an underlying question? Has this been covered?

Detroit Lions DL Ndamukong Suh lied to police about his crash in downtown Portland, according to two passengers in the car. Suh said that he was trying to pass a taxicab when he lost control of the 1970 Chevrolet Coupe and crashed into a tree, according to the original police report. He also said that no one was injured. No citations were issued. However, two of the people who were passengers in the car have since come forward with information that disputes Suh’s story and the amended police report also quotes a third passenger who said she, too, was injured in the crash. 'When the light turned green, he floored it,' one of the passengers said. 'I just remember going so fast and it was violent and just getting thrown around like rag dolls.' The woman said she was injured in the crash and she had a cut above her eyebrow which required stitches, a black eye and a busted lip.

A little more goofiness from Suh here. Let's hope we can get the news focus back to Football for him soon.
A "little more goofiness"? Seriously? The guy lied to police. There are things that I would call goofiness - lying to police officers in a traffic accident is not one of them.

Also completely ignored are the underlying questions about who the "women" were and why they were in the car...and why Suh would cover up the fact that they were in the car at all.

The guy is suspended for bad behavior, so he's hanging out with hookers and smashing up his car (despite the fact that his hometown police saying he "wasn't impaired"...just like Big Ben just happened to need to use the facilities) - and this is a "little more goofiness"?

Wow. Talk about minimizing. Sometimes it's no wonder that professional athletes think they can get away with anything. Next, when it's confirmed that the "women" were prostitutes is the next item going to be "well, boys will be boys..."? :confused:

At the time I posted the OP (shortly after it came to light that there were women in the car) - there was some speculation on local sports radio that 1 or more of the women may have been prostitutes. Since that time, all we have learned as that one is assumed married based on the fact that she allegedly "wanted to call her husband" upon sustaining injuries. There has also been speculation that the fact that one of the women was married was indeed some of the reason for the cover-up attempt.I think it's been fairly well covered - or at least as much as can be since the police have decided not to pursue any of the above allegations, despite the women coming forwardn and claiming that Suh's version of what happened differs fairly significantly (injuries, those in the car, etc.) from what factually took place.

The actual point of the OP was NOT to crucify Suh - but simply to question FBG's decision to minimilize what was (and still is) a situation that could, as facts come to light, prove to be more serious than orginally reported (and implied by FBG's "view"). Being posted in the SP, of course, caused Suh-haters, Suh-backers, conspiracy theorists, and everyone else to weigh in with what they assumed, thought what the OP was implying, etc.

In other words, this thread (like most) strayed drastically from it's intended point and got muddled in heresay, assumption, conjecture, trolling, name-calling, belittling and then repetition.

I think we're good (except for the fact that FBG's hasn't actually answered the question or even said anything about the Suh situation since - not that I expected them to.)

Detroit Lions DL Ndamukong Suh lied to police about his crash in downtown Portland, according to two passengers in the car. Suh said that he was trying to pass a taxicab when he lost control of the 1970 Chevrolet Coupe and crashed into a tree, according to the original police report. He also said that no one was injured. No citations were issued. However, two of the people who were passengers in the car have since come forward with information that disputes Suh's story and the amended police report also quotes a third passenger who said she, too, was injured in the crash. 'When the light turned green, he floored it,' one of the passengers said. 'I just remember going so fast and it was violent and just getting thrown around like rag dolls.' The woman said she was injured in the crash and she had a cut above her eyebrow which required stitches, a black eye and a busted lip.

At the time I posted the OP (shortly after it came to light that there were women in the car) - there was some speculation on local sports radio that 1 or more of the women may have been prostitutes. Since that time, all we have learned as that one is assumed married based on the fact that she allegedly "wanted to call her husband" upon sustaining injuries. There has also been speculation that the fact that one of the women was married was indeed some of the reason for the cover-up attempt.I think it's been fairly well covered - or at least as much as can be since the police have decided not to pursue any of the above allegations, despite the women coming forwardn and claiming that Suh's version of what happened differs fairly significantly (injuries, those in the car, etc.) from what factually took place.

The actual point of the OP was NOT to crucify Suh - but simply to question FBG's decision to minimilize what was (and still is) a situation that could, as facts come to light, prove to be more serious than orginally reported (and implied by FBG's "view"). Being posted in the SP, of course, caused Suh-haters, Suh-backers, conspiracy theorists, and everyone else to weigh in with what they assumed, thought what the OP was implying, etc.

In other words, this thread (like most) strayed drastically from it's intended point and got muddled in heresay, assumption, conjecture, trolling, name-calling, belittling and then repetition.

I think we're good (except for the fact that FBG's hasn't actually answered the question or even said anything about the Suh situation since - not that I expected them to.)
:bs: in the original thread I posted on this and 12 hours before this thread was made the cops, upon hearing the womans new claims as she wanted to 'ammend the police report' had this to say.

But he does so much charity work...
What a minute. So being bad driver is a horrible character flaw. This is all htat is important for our purposes (and anyone who's not making a Personal Injury claim)
However, local authorities told the station that despite the amended police report, there were no plans to issue any citations."At no point did anyone there tell an officer that he [suh] was driving out of control," Sgt. Pete Simpson of the Portland Police Bureau told KGW. "The crash doesn't meet our threshold for investigation which is vulnerable road user, DUI, or serious trauma injury."

This was a nonstarter from the get go. Joes comments about this being another silly incident with little meat to it with Suh was spot on and only a few blind packers/bears homers could have ranted and raved about this atrocity commited by Joe ryant to the tune of 0ver 100 posts,

'Hipple said:
This was a nonstarter from the get go. Joes comments about this being another silly incident with little meat to it with Suh was spot on and only a few blind packers/bears homers could have ranted and raved about this atrocity commited by Joe ryant to the tune of 0ver 100 posts,
:rolleyes: Yes, and I'm sure all the unbiased Lion's homers were just here to make sure only objectivity prevailed. Please. What team Suh plays for is irrelevant. If this had been Haynesworth the OP would have been the same.

I don't know who is a fan of what team but I'm not a fan of any NFCN divisional team or a hater. I actually loved Suh when he came out and wasn't concerned about his antics till he jumped the shark in the Thanksgiving day game. It was obvious to all he has a problem and was due a suspension and got what he deserved but then he screws up off the field and it was something more serious than first reported, not a little tiny boo-boo.Gosh why would the Portland police department decide that they don't want to look into a case where a rich and famous guy got into an accident where he caused damage to public property and injured people and filed a false police report where they didn't even issue a traffic violation? Hmmmmmn. I bet it was because of Nixon and Agnew or those evil womwen, they are prositutes don't cha know. I guess the next time the NFL's dirtiest player voted on by his peers, a guy who can't play four games without getting another personal foul, a guy on suspension for kicking a guy when he's down. The next time a guy like that goes out while on suspension he, speeds, drives recklessly, causes an accident, damages public property, causes injury, refuses medical treament to the person he injured, files a false police report, and gets away without so much as a speeding ticket. Well I can see that their is NOTHING TO SEE. Harmless little funsy wunsy. Tiny boo-boo not worth mentioning. Joe said so. The Portland Police departmment didn't see anything. Gosh a rich spoiled NFL player gets away with another one. Nothing to see here folks. Suh has a problem and so do the people who stood by him when he is obviously in the wrong.

I hope Suh didn't have cut rate insurance, this is going to be a good personal injury claim, paging all FBG legal beagles

"Yep he lied, just like 90-99% or more do in "traffic accidents" every single darn day. "

:link: for the 90-99% figure, please.

Sports fans are becoming such wimps. The dude went out partying when he didn't have a game to play for two weeks. Now lets get back to some football.

Sports fans are becoming such wimps. The dude went out partying when he didn't have a game to play for two weeks. Now lets get back to some football.
Its about being responsible, he could of killed someone with his crazy driving, you want to party fine, but don't drive like a nut

:rolleyes: Yes, and I'm sure all the unbiased Lion's homers were just here to make sure only objectivity prevailed. Please. What team Suh plays for is irrelevant. If this had been Haynesworth the OP would have been the same.
You showed your objectivity on the subject with the hooker comments. "Speculation on local sports radio"?

At the time I posted the OP (shortly after it came to light that there were women in the car) - there was some speculation on local sports radio that 1 or more of the women may have been prostitutes. Since that time, all we have learned as that one is assumed married based on the fact that she allegedly "wanted to call her husband" upon sustaining injuries. There has also been speculation that the fact that one of the women was married was indeed some of the reason for the cover-up attempt.
Let's see. A bunch of gossipy grandmothers are wrong about (unfounded speculation about) the prostitutes, ao you follow that up with their unfounded speculation about a cover-up due to being married.OK

You showed your objectivity on the subject with the hooker comments. "Speculation on local sports radio"?
Why would hooker comments show a bias?

Get this guy a driver:

link

October 12, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Lions' Suh reportedly accused of side-swiping car

By Tony Briscoe

The Detroit News

The Detroit Lions responded Thursday night to reports starting defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh had been involved in a traffic incident earlier in the day in Dearborn.

"We are aware of the reports involving Ndamukong Suh," a Lions statement read. "Since this is a traffic incident, we will defer any comments to the local law enforcement agency that filed a report on the incident this morning."

According to WXYZ-TV (Channel 7), Stephen Vines of Livonia said Suh's Range Rover sideswiped his vehicle on a Southfield Freeway exit ramp. Vines said after the contact, Suh kept driving.

Dearborn police said Friday the matter remains under investigation.

On Twitter Friday morning, Suh tweeted: "Blessed to be at work today and ready to finish phase 1 of physical part of week!#GLADTOHAVENONOFMYTAILLIGHTSBROKENTHISMORNING."

Suh has garnered national scrutiny for several previous car crashes. While under suspension from his stomping incident last season, Suh was involved in a crash in December in his 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle Super Sport in his native Portland, Ore. A driver of another vehicle involved in the crash said she suffered severe emotional distress and back pain.

She has sued Suh for more than $1 million. Suh has since declined comment on that civil lawsuit filed against him in July.

In 2010, Suh was in an accident in Royal Oak (11 Mile and Campbell) when a 30-year-old Shelby Township woman hit his Land Rover with her Honda Civic. Police said the woman was at fault because she disobeyed a traffic signal as she attempted to turn southbound on Campbell.

He wasn't injured, and alcohol wasn't involved, but police said the woman suffered minor injuries.

In his final season at the University of Nebraska, Suh was involved in incident in which he crashed into several parked cars. He pled guilty to negligent driving and paid a $60 fine.

Suh, reportedly driving his mother's SUV, said he swerved to avoid a cat.

..just saw another thread about this most recent incident.

Maybe we just use this one to collect news of every crash of his now.

'azgroover said:
..just saw another thread about this most recent incident.Maybe we just use this one to collect news of every crash of his now.
:no: I am sure this a non-issue...again. Just like all the other ones. Suh is really a good guy who just happens to find himself in the wrong situation...over and over again.

"I want to apologize to my passengers, my mechanics, and all my true fans for giving the police the opportunity to take me out of the driver's seat."

"I want to apologize to my passengers, my mechanics, and all my true fans for giving the police the opportunity to take me out of the driver's seat."
Apologize to the mechanics?? Those guys friggin love him. Well at least the guys down at the body shop do. :moneybag:

The accident occured early in the morning as some guy was using his kid's car going to work.

This article explains in detail what happened, also has it photographs of the car and two videos, one video shows damage to Suh's tail light and also caught Suh as he dodged reporters who asked him to comment about the incident but he had his hoodie pulled down and drove off without even looking at or acknowledging them.

The guy Suh side-swiped is a big Lions fan and didn't even realize it was Suh who hit him. He's not looking for a big payday or anything else. He just wants his kid's car fixed.

My link

Lions' Suh accused of sideswiping car, berating driver

By Amy Lange

FOX 2 News Reporter

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Ndamukong Suh, bad boy of the Detroit Lions, notorious for his temper on the field, is accused of displaying some of that on the road Thursday morning.

"All three of us got over. He rode up on my butt," said Steve Vines. "As we're going up the ramp, he just punched it, went right around me.... He just sideswiped me."

Vines was on his way into work about 6:20 a.m. Thursday when he and other drivers merged on the Rotunda ramp along the southbound Southfield. He said the driver behind him in a black Range Rover sped around him and sideswiped his car. They stopped at the light. Vines got out of his Escort and the other driver, whose taillights were damaged, started yelling.

"I look over at him and he started yelling at me, 'Trying to cut me off. Get out of the way.' And I just said, 'Really?'" he explained. "He just started yelling about getting the hell out of his way and cutting him off."

Vines said the guy left the scene of the accident. He called 911 and watched the man drive into the Lions' practice facility. Dearborn Police told Vines to meet them there, but when he arrived, he said the driver gave him another earful.

"That's when he said, 'I advise you to leave, now.' And I said, 'I'm not going anywhere. I talked to the police.' (He said), 'I don't care what they said. You need to get out of here.' And then he said, 'I'm advising you to leave, now.'"

Vines said he didn't even realize the other driver was none other than Ndamukong Suh, who was suspended last season for stomping another player. He made the news again when he lost control and crashed his classic car in Portland.

Now Suh is accused of sideswiping Vines, berating him and leaving the scene of the accident, damaging a Ford Escort that actually belongs to Vines' children.

"The fact that you hit me, you got to stop, and then just to be as arrogant and say, well, I'm going to take off, they can come find me over here," said Vines. "I don't know who this guy is at first and tell you the truth, I still didn't realize it was Ndamukong Suh until I was told that's who it was."

Here's the thing. Vines is a huge Lions' fan. He's not looking for bad press for them. All he wants is his kids' car fixed.

"You were in the wrong, 110 percent in the wrong. You know, just own up to it. It didn't have to come to this. I don't want anything more. I don't want anything less. I just want my kids' car fixed so that I know it's safe."

Dearborn Police are investigating. FOX 2 tried to ask Suh about the accident after practice on Thursday, but Suh had far less to say leaving work than we're told he did on the way in.
Suh side-swipes a guy and then yells at him and then advises him to leave AFTER the guy had already dialed 911 and was told by police to remain at the Lions practice facility. Bottom line, he not only didn't report the accident but he fled the scene of an accident.

Whatever is going on with Suh must be some sort of pyschological issue. He stomped on a guy on national TV and then said he didn't do it. He somehow got away with the Portland crash without a citation so he certainly didn't acknowledge any mistakes in that incident either. We don't have any comment from him in this latest incident but his immediate reaction was to yell at the guy he hit and then advise him to leave and then dodge reporters.

I wasn't a pschology major but I'm sure someone must know what this behavior might be labeled. Does anyone know?

Anyone who defends this guy or downplays his behavior is a big part of the problem.
:lmao:
I didn't think this point required explanation, but I've clearly overestimated a segment of the audience.Because these guys are really good at playing a game involving an oddly shaped ball, they spend their whole lives being coddled. People let them get away with murder while offering such clever witticisms as "LMAO" in response to them doing things like driving recklessly and endangering lives. Suh is surrounded by all sorts of people who enable his bad behavior. Funny stuff, I know.

Anyone who defends this guy or downplays his behavior is a big part of the problem.
:lmao:
I didn't think this point required explanation, but I've clearly overestimated a segment of the audience.Because these guys are really good at playing a game involving an oddly shaped ball, they spend their whole lives being coddled. People let them get away with murder while offering such clever witticisms as "LMAO" in response to them doing things like driving recklessly and endangering lives. Suh is surrounded by all sorts of people who enable his bad behavior. Funny stuff, I know.
Alright - I'm going need an alias check here. Someone PM me. 300 posts in 9 years? C'MON MAN!

This thread is awful. Oliver Stone comes up with less conspiracies.Suh has some issues to work out, no doubt. But man, the theories and mentality in this thread is laughable.
Yea i agree.... the one thing that is for sure though is that Suh is a big piece of ####, arguing about to what degree of a piece of #### is pointless... i go by the three strike rule, always works..

I don't get the passengers. If I'm out driving with my friends, I don't contradict what is on the police report if no one got in trouble. What's her excuse, an insurance deductible?
lawsuit. :moneybag: she needed to get the police report changed to preserve her right to sue/use as evidence in a suit. I am speculating here but I'd be willing to bet that she 'ammended her story' to police based on the advice/instructions of her lawyer.
http://mobile.oregonlive.com/advorg/pm_29234/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=GtGEOjHmMinor car accident and she sues for ONE MILLION DOLLARS.

Another lawsuit against Suh

Apparently there’s more trouble for the Detroit Lions’ Ndamukong Suh.

The Oakland Press reports that Suh and his sister, Ngum Suh, are being sued by Gregory and Laura Packer, seeking the return of a security deposit.

According to the article, the Packers leased a Birmingham residence from Suh and his sister and are seeking twice the amount of the $100,000 security deposit, along with interest, court costs and attorney fees. Their attorney, Steven Matta, filed the suit Tuesday in Oakland County Circuit Court.

The article reads: “The lawsuit states that the Packers moved into a home in the 800 block of Pleasant in Birmingham on March 15 after signing a lease agreement with the Suhs. The Suhs demanded a security deposit of $100,000, which was to be held in escrow by a title company. On June 15, the Packers moved out of the residence and notified the Suhs. The Suhs have not returned the deposit and have also refused to allow the Packers to retrieve property inadvertently left at the residence. The lawsuit also accuses the Suhs of violating the security deposit law, which states that a security deposit cannot be more than 1.5 times the amount of monthly rent.”

The article reads: “The lawsuit states that the Packers moved into a home in the 800 block of Pleasant in Birmingham on March 15 after signing a lease agreement with the Suhs. The Suhs demanded a security deposit of $100,000, which was to be held in escrow by a title company.
Two things regarding the bolded...1) You should never lease a house to a division foe.

2) How the heck did they fit all 53 in the house?

Clearly the Packers hsould Suh them.

The Oakland Press reports that Suh and his sister, Ngum Suh, are being sued by Gregory and Laura Packer, seeking the return of a security deposit.

According to the article, the Packers leased a Birmingham residence from Suh and his sister and are seeking twice the amount of the $100,000 security deposit, along with interest, court costs and attorney fees. Their attorney, Steven Matta, filed the suit Tuesday in Oakland County Circuit Court.

The article reads: “The lawsuit states that the Packers moved into a home in the 800 block of Pleasant in Birmingham on March 15 after signing a lease agreement with the Suhs. The Suhs demanded a security deposit of $100,000, which was to be held in escrow by a title company. On June 15, the Packers moved out of the residence and notified the Suhs. The Suhs have not returned the deposit and have also refused to allow the Packers to retrieve property inadvertently left at the residence. The lawsuit also accuses the Suhs of violating the security deposit law, which states that a security deposit cannot be more than 1.5 times the amount of monthly rent.”
This one is going to be interesting to watch play out. a $100,000 secuirty deposit and move out 3 months later? In Alabama no less. hmm...

This one is going to be interesting to watch play out. a $100,000 secuirty deposit and move out 3 months later? In Alabama no less. hmm...
I wonder if Jerome Simpson was involved... :unsure: ...or Sam Hurd.

Detroit Lions DL Ndamukong Suh lied to police about his crash in downtown Portland, according to two passengers in the car. Suh said that he was trying to pass a taxicab when he lost control of the 1970 Chevrolet Coupe and crashed into a tree, according to the original police report. He also said that no one was injured. No citations were issued. However, two of the people who were passengers in the car have since come forward with information that disputes Suh's story and the amended police report also quotes a third passenger who said she, too, was injured in the crash. 'When the light turned green, he floored it,' one of the passengers said. 'I just remember going so fast and it was violent and just getting thrown around like rag dolls.' The woman said she was injured in the crash and she had a cut above her eyebrow which required stitches, a black eye and a busted lip.[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ OUR VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]A little more goofiness from Suh here. Let's hope we can get the news focus back to Football for him soon.
A "little more goofiness"? Seriously? The guy lied to police. There are things that I would call goofiness - lying to police officers in a traffic accident is not one of them. Also completely ignored are the underlying questions about who the "women" were and why they were in the car...and why Suh would cover up the fact that they were in the car at all. The guy is suspended for bad behavior, so he's hanging out with hookers and smashing up his car (despite the fact that his hometown police saying he "wasn't impaired"...just like Big Ben just happened to need to use the facilities) - and this is a "little more goofiness"?Wow. Talk about minimizing. Sometimes it's no wonder that professional athletes think they can get away with anything. Next, when it's confirmed that the "women" were prostitutes is the next item going to be "well, boys will be boys..."? :confused: I hate to sound all "holier than thou" - but usually you're better than this.
A grown man flooring it at a light and losing control into a tree seems pretty dopey to me. Word choice "goofy"...fine, that'll work. You went onto hookers and big ben and all this junk, Joe didn't, he asked to get back to football.

How does this dude still have a license? Another driving incident. Sounds like he may beat this one though.

link

Detroit Lions' Ndamukong Suh ticketed in driving incident

By Tom Greenwood and Tony Briscoe

The Detroit News

Lathrup Village — Detroit Lions' defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh has been flagged again for his driving.

But this time is he guilty of aggressive driving or the victim of an aggressive ticket writing officer?

On Nov. 15, Suh was cited for failure to use due care and caution while zipping through Lathrup Village, but two weeks later, his case is under review by Police Chief William Armstrong and the city's attorney office.

Armstrong said Tuesday that Suh was traveling at a high-rate of speed on northbound Southfield Road near 11 Mile in his black Range Rover. As the lane ran out, he merged in front of multiple vehicles.

However, Suh hasn't appeared in court because the department has decided to review the charges.

"Right now, it's under investigation," Armstrong said. "He was cited for due care and caution, and we have to see if it fits."

Armstrong is analyzing the evidence, including video from a police car's dash camera, to determine how appropriate the charges are — and a decision is expected Tuesday or Wednesday.

Armstrong said it's not unusual for the department to review three or four tickets per month.

"Just the other day, a homeless gentleman was written a ticket, and he came into the station and had it dismissed, so this is not special treatment," Armstrong said. "We'll dismiss it if it's not a good ticket."

Meanwhile, intense scrutiny of Suh has dominated headlines for his hit on Texans quarterback Matt Schaub in the groin area with his foot during the game last Thursday. However, the NFL notified the Lions on Monday that Suh would not be suspended for the contact.

But on the road, Suh continues to garner national scrutiny for his involvement in multiple car crashes.

Dearborn fender-bender

In October, Suh escaped a traffic ticket following a minor car crash along the Southfield Freeway in Dearborn. Livonia resident Stephen Vines, 43, accused Suh of sideswiping his car while on an exit ramp.

Vines said the defensive tackle clipped his Ford Escort as the football player was headed toward the team's practice facility. After the collision, Suh kept driving to the Lions' practice grounds, he said.

He also said he followed Suh to the facility, where he and Suh spoke with Dearborn police. However, officers said after their investigation, they could not determine who was at fault.

Vines said the damage to the two cars — the front right side of his Ford Escort and back left of Suh's Range Rover — was a sign that Suh cut him off as they exited on the Rotunda Drive exit ramp from southbound Southfield.

But even if police couldn't make that call, Vines said Suh drove off after the two vehicles collided and headed to the nearby Lions' practice facility.

Civil lawsuit filed

While under suspension from his stomping incident last season, Suh was involved in a crash in December in his 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle Super Sport in his native Portland, Ore. A driver of another vehicle involved in the crash said she suffered severe emotional distress and back pain.

She has sued Suh for more than $1 million. Suh has since declined comment on that civil lawsuit filed against him in July.

In March, Suh was ticketed for doing 91 mph in a 55-mph zone on an Oregon freeway.

In 2010, Suh was in an accident in Royal Oak (11 Mile and Campbell) when a 30-year-old Shelby Township woman hit his Land Rover with her Honda Civic. Police said the woman was at fault because she disobeyed a traffic signal as she attempted to turn southbound on Campbell.

He wasn't injured, and alcohol wasn't involved, but police said the woman suffered minor injuries.

In his final season at the University of Nebraska, Suh was involved in incident in which he crashed into several parked cars. He pled guilty to negligent driving and paid a $60 fine.

tgreenwood@detnews.com

"Suh, reportedly drivien by his mother's lack of acceptance, said he kicked Schaub's nuts as he swerved to avoid a gust of the dome's ice-cold air conditioning."

:lmao: I am from Birmingham, but I just say Detroit because of this. Birmingham, MI is a suburb in NW detroit. Oakland Hills CC is in Birmingham, MI. Are there even residences in Alabama that you'd fork over 100k for as a security deposit.

'azgroover said:
How does this dude still have a license? Another driving incident. Sounds like he may beat this one though.

link

Detroit Lions' Ndamukong Suh ticketed in driving incident

By Tom Greenwood and Tony Briscoe

The Detroit News

Lathrup Village — Detroit Lions' defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh has been flagged again for his driving.

But this time is he guilty of aggressive driving or the victim of an aggressive ticket writing officer?

On Nov. 15, Suh was cited for failure to use due care and caution while zipping through Lathrup Village, but two weeks later, his case is under review by Police Chief William Armstrong and the city's attorney office.

Armstrong said Tuesday that Suh was traveling at a high-rate of speed on northbound Southfield Road near 11 Mile in his black Range Rover. As the lane ran out, he merged in front of multiple vehicles.

However, Suh hasn't appeared in court because the department has decided to review the charges.

"Right now, it's under investigation," Armstrong said. "He was cited for due care and caution, and we have to see if it fits."

Armstrong is analyzing the evidence, including video from a police car's dash camera, to determine how appropriate the charges are — and a decision is expected Tuesday or Wednesday.

Armstrong said it's not unusual for the department to review three or four tickets per month.

"Just the other day, a homeless gentleman was written a ticket, and he came into the station and had it dismissed, so this is not special treatment," Armstrong said. "We'll dismiss it if it's not a good ticket."

Meanwhile, intense scrutiny of Suh has dominated headlines for his hit on Texans quarterback Matt Schaub in the groin area with his foot during the game last Thursday. However, the NFL notified the Lions on Monday that Suh would not be suspended for the contact.

But on the road, Suh continues to garner national scrutiny for his involvement in multiple car crashes.

Dearborn fender-bender

In October, Suh escaped a traffic ticket following a minor car crash along the Southfield Freeway in Dearborn. Livonia resident Stephen Vines, 43, accused Suh of sideswiping his car while on an exit ramp.

Vines said the defensive tackle clipped his Ford Escort as the football player was headed toward the team's practice facility. After the collision, Suh kept driving to the Lions' practice grounds, he said.

He also said he followed Suh to the facility, where he and Suh spoke with Dearborn police. However, officers said after their investigation, they could not determine who was at fault.

Vines said the damage to the two cars — the front right side of his Ford Escort and back left of Suh's Range Rover — was a sign that Suh cut him off as they exited on the Rotunda Drive exit ramp from southbound Southfield.

But even if police couldn't make that call, Vines said Suh drove off after the two vehicles collided and headed to the nearby Lions' practice facility.

Civil lawsuit filed

While under suspension from his stomping incident last season, Suh was involved in a crash in December in his 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle Super Sport in his native Portland, Ore. A driver of another vehicle involved in the crash said she suffered severe emotional distress and back pain.

In March, Suh was ticketed for doing 91 mph in a 55-mph zone on an Oregon freeway.

tgreenwood@detnews.com
better question is wy he doesn't have a driver. He has about 50 M in the bank. I;d have a driver/bodygard 24/7 if i were him.

Users who are viewing this thread