What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summer Concert Season - Who's on your list? (1 Viewer)

Saw Big Head Todd two weeks ago. They were awesome. As usual.

On Sunday, going to The Airborne Toxic Event.

She's spurned repeated requests to join the tour.
Do you know if they cover her songs, or just simply ignore them? If they ignore them, that seems a pretty big hole in their set list.

I've always liked her. "Say You Love Me". "You Make Loving Fun". "Over My Head", all great songs. Her vocals in the middle section of "Don't Stop", and most of all, her steady and resonant piano playing. She's really good.
I haven't seen them in 25+ years. I just read an article where Nicks was discussing trying to talk her into coming back.
Rumour has it that she will join them on stage only for their shows in England. She hates to fly. 2013 NYC and Columbus shows are on Youtube.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to see the Stones in Boston June 12th. Paid $1,500 x 3 for Tongue Pit tickets. Glad to do it, too. Damned tired of seeing the scalpers snatch up the best seats and then jack the prices up to what the artists evidently should have charged in the first place.This way, the tix are sold on a will-call basis, you show your ID and credit card to get them, and there is no chance to go back outside after you pick them up.
Wow. Have you seen them before?

Going to see the Stones in Boston June 12th. Paid $1,500 x 3 for Tongue Pit tickets. Glad to do it, too. Damned tired of seeing the scalpers snatch up the best seats and then jack the prices up to what the artists evidently should have charged in the first place.This way, the tix are sold on a will-call basis, you show your ID and credit card to get them, and there is no chance to go back outside after you pick them up.
Nope. its my first time seeing them truly live. I have seen them often on HBO and other broadcasts, but never actually been there. Missed them the last time they played at Fenway and I told myself then, if they ever came back to the U.S., I would make a point of going to see them, even if I had to travel to do it. Taking my wife and step-daughter. Neither of them have heard of the Rolling Stones before.

Nope. its my first time seeing them truly live. I have seen them often on HBO and other broadcasts, but never actually been there. Missed them the last time they played at Fenway and I told myself then, if they ever came back to the U.S., I would make a point of going to see them, even if I had to travel to do it. Taking my wife and step-daughter. Neither of them have heard of the Rolling Stones before.
In that case, all systems go as far as I'm concerned. Even under a Budweiser sign with a crowd full of AmEx cardholders they're still as punk rock as anybody ever. You'll see what I mean, if you don't already know. There is no polish. Just balls hanging out. Keith, Charlie, Ronnie, and especially with Mick Taylor back...it's big. I'm priced out of going, but I've seen them so I can live with it. Wish I could see them with Mick, but it's not meant to be.

Just saw this from Wilco.

Bob Dylan & His Band, Wilco, My Morning Jacket,Richard Thompson - RT Electric Trio & more to tour North America this summer as "Americanarama Festival of Music".
That's quite a lineup.
Hell yeah it is. :excited:

I really, really need to find my way to one of these shows. Unfortunately they aren't stopping anywhere close to Dallas.
Ryan Bingham is joining that tour as well. I would love to catch this.

Seems like a waste of a perfectly good $3000.

Seems like a waste of a perfectly good $3000.
:goodposting:

Except cakes pays his babysitters in Honda Civics so everything is relative.

Seeing Rancid w/Transplants and Dirty Heads w/Expendables looking forward to both.
Nice! I am seeing the Dirty Heads and the Expendables this summer as well. The Dirty Heads always put on a great show. I also got tickets today to see Matisyahu and Rebelution at Red Rocks.

Summerfest, Milwaukee WI:

Violent Femmes/ Avett Brothers

Chicago, in the fall:

The Fresh Beat Band :bag:

Just checked no Chevelle this year. Bummer.

Vemmes is just fun so and haven't seen them in almost 20 years (@summerfest)

But I've never seen Rush and I believe they are found 2112 full album but not positive

Doheny Beach Blues Festival, anyone?

Ben Harper & Charlie Musselwhite

Tedeschi Trucks Band

Jimmie Vaughan & The Tilt-A-Whirl Band ft. Lou Ann Barton

James Hunter Six

Guitar Shorty

Mark Hummel’s Blues Harp Blowout: A Tribute to Little Walter

JD McPherson

Jonanne Shaw Taylor

Harry Manx

Lynwood Slim & Friends

Red Lotus Revue

Dano Forte’s Juke Joint Freak Show

SUN. MAY 19

Joe Bonamassa

George Thorogood & The Destroyers

Robert Randolph & the Family Band

Shemekia Copeland

Toast of the Coast

Janiva Magness

Nick Moss Band

Steve Lucky & The Rhumba Bums ft. Miss Carmen Getit

Kid Ramos

Gino Matteo

…More Artists to be Announced!!

I usually catch Steely Dan every summer.

So Sept 21st at the Mann Center should be a good time.
As much as I like Steely Dan I've never seen them live. September at the Mann you say? Hmmmm....

So far I've got Steven Wilson & Opeth (one show) coming up and Riverside the following week. Clutch is a possibility as well but haven't gotten tickets yet.
Just got back from seeing Steven Wilson and his band here in Minneapolis. Most excellent, that band are truly consummate musicians.

Saw Clutch for my fourth time three weeks ago or so. Best of the four times I've seen them. Orange Goblin were good too.

Stones in Chicago on May 31st, another fourth time around band. Can't wait for that.

Lyle Lovett was fanastic last night. I've seen him before with his Larg Band, but this is the first I've seen him live with his Acoustic Group. They sounded so good musically and vocally. His band consisted of Luke Bulla on fiddle (he's great), Vicktor Krauss on Upright Bass (Alison's brother), Keith Sewell on guitar and mandolin, and Russ Kunkel on drums. Lyle was on guitar and vocals, and Luke and Keith backed him up on vocals, and sang a song of their own. The small acoustic band made for an intimate setting. Lyle performed LA County, and I thought of our friend Shining Path who loved that song. :shiny: The two opening acts, Chatham County Line and Delta Rae, were great as well.

Ursa M said:
I usually catch Steely Dan every summer.

So Sept 21st at the Mann Center should be a good time.
As much as I like Steely Dan I've never seen them live. September at the Mann you say? Hmmmm....

So far I've got Steven Wilson & Opeth (one show) coming up and Riverside the following week. Clutch is a possibility as well but haven't gotten tickets yet.
Just got back from seeing Steven Wilson and his band here in Minneapolis. Most excellent, that band are truly consummate musicians.

Saw Clutch for my fourth time three weeks ago or so. Best of the four times I've seen them. Orange Goblin were good too.

Stones in Chicago on May 31st, another fourth time around band. Can't wait for that.
Completely agree about Wilson and his band. I wrote up a little review in the PT/Ozric Tentacles thread. The short of it; I went to the Opeth/Wilson show with a SW newbie. He left a devout convert. An amazing set by Wilson even though it was a bit shortened due to the double billing with Opeth.

Clutch puts on an awesome show as well. I've seen them at least 6 times and always a great show. Passing this time around - too much all at once for this middle-aged dad of 2.

Riverside & Jolly tomorrow night though. Can't wait.

Stones having trouble selling $600 front-row ticketsStones front-row ticket prices slashed to $85 each

Last edited by a moderator:
Stones having trouble selling $600 front-row ticketsStones front-row ticket prices slashed to $85 each
I'm going, I've seen a ton of positive reviews and I don't give two craps what some self important blogger says.

I'm going, I've seen a ton of positive reviews and I don't give two craps what some self important blogger says.
Is it just me or did they sound pretty awful in in that second link?

Sweet....my patience for Chicago may pay off.

Is it just me or did they sound pretty awful in in that second link?
Keith Richards looks healthier than usual.

Just bought tickets for the wife and I to see Timberlake and Jay-Z in Memphis. Not a "summer concert"...but part of the last leg of their summer tour.

Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend. Three days of shows. Most bands only played for 30 minutes. Headliners were Soundgarden, Smashing Pumpkins, Korn, Cheap Trick, Alice in Chains and Stone Sour. All in all a good time, but a lot of people did not like the Smashing Pumpkins set.

Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend. Three days of shows. Most bands only played for 30 minutes. Headliners were Soundgarden, Smashing Pumpkins, Korn, Cheap Trick, Alice in Chains and Stone Sour. All in all a good time, but a lot of people did not like the Smashing Pumpkins set.
What was the reason for this? Sound-related, performance, set-list? I just saw them a few weeks ago and thought they put on a good show. Just curious.

There are rumors that Bowie could tour for the first time in 10 years. I have seen him multiple times. Definitely a must see, as the chances of seeing him again would be very low.

So far I only have tickets for two shows but one of them is a two day music festival.

5/7 Jim James

6/1-2 Free Press Summer Fest in Houston

- includes The Postal Service, Passion Pit, TV on the Radio, Alabama Shakes, Japandroids, Of Monsters and Men, Cat Power, Arctic Monkeys, Dawes
Never heard of this. Crazy how popular music festivals are becoming. I hope TV on the Radio plays a gig in Dallas when they roll through, sadly never seen them before.
I would murder you to see TVotR live.
They are great live. I saw them in 2008 at the Lakewood Theater.

Driving to Houston right after work today. Really getting fired up for this... especially TV on the Radio and Gogol Bordello back to back Sunday night. :banned: :pickle:

There are rumors that Bowie could tour for the first time in 10 years. I have seen him multiple times. Definitely a must see, as the chances of seeing him again would be very low.
Who is the source of that rumor? He himself said recently that he might do one show, but has no interest in touring.

Rock the Bells

Missed PE, De La, Cube and LL in SB last weekend :(

Damian and Ziggy Marley at Avila Beach

Maybe Van Halen, are they still worht $85/ticket/

Looking forward to Pus Water High Mark at the Little Caesars Hide the Pepperoni festival in a couple of weeks.

Sweet....my patience for Chicago may pay off.
Waited patiently until about 5 hrs before show time...although tix didn't drop like they have at other shows (being Friday I assume)....still scored with club level seats for $350 each....face $600. The couple next to us bought them the day before for $500 each. I saw several clubs for $400 each too.

In 1997, my then-girlfriend and I saw Counting Crows/Wallflowers in Nashville during summer break. Now, during the summer of our 15th wedding anniversary, those two bands are joining back up for a brief summer tour.

Seems like I should go.
Heh, I went to that show up here in Columbus Ohio. Both bands did excellent, especially Counting Crows.

Went to Rock on the Range a couple weekends ago, and it was great. Best performance of the weekend was Smashing Pumpkins on Saturday night. They played for almost 2 hours!

Eleanor Friedberger on Tuesday, The Hold Steady/Hollerado on Thursday, and then Bonnaroo next week....

Rest of the summer doesn't have a lot that excites me yet, though.

Saw the Stones last night - great show - it was all on Mick's shoulders. The guy is amazing at his age.

Emotional Rescue was great.

They really amped up for the encore as well - it was like another level of performance.

Saw the Stones last night - great show - it was all on Mick's shoulders. The guy is amazing at his age.

They really amped up for the encore as well - it was like another level of performance.
Not surprised. It's a travesty that they're only using him for three songs a night. For NYC and Newark it was one. So stupid.

Not surprised. It's a travesty that they're only using him for three songs a night. For NYC and Newark it was one. So stupid.
Mick Jagger. I know most shows are on the shoulders of the singer but Mick doing so well covered for issues the others had - which were covered by other musicians.

Users who are viewing this thread