What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sunday AM IDP Notes -- W12 (1 Viewer)

Jene Bramel

Footballguy
Link to this AM's full set of notes ~ http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=13bramel_sundayAM_idp_12

Highlights:

Charles Johnson is out today. Hopefully, he'll recover more quickly than Cameron Wake did from a similar injury. Mario Addison replaces him in the starting lineup. The matchup is very favorable, enough to consider Addison a boom-bust DL2 play in all leagues. The safety split between Quintin Mikell and Robert Lester skewed heavily to Lester against New England, but should be closer to 50-50 in this matchup. Neither are great options, but Mikell has the higher upside this week in tackle-heavy leagues. A.J. Klein again starts for Chase Blackburn but isn't a fantasy option.

Erin Henderson is out (personal, non-injury) this week. This would've been a big break for Michael Mauti, but he tweaked his oft-repaired knee last week and couldn't get the reps needed to establish himself. So Audie Cole gets the start and an every-down role this week. Cole's workout numbers don't translate to the field, but there's some upside for him in today's matchup. Consider him a LB4+ option. Brian Robison did not practice Friday with a neck injury and is a game-time decision with what's being called muscle spasms in his neck. Everson Griffen will be a surprisingly strong option if Robison is inactive.

Mason Foster is out with a concussion today. Dashon Goldson is serving a one game suspension. That puts Adam Hayward in the lineup at middle linebacker and Keith Tandy in at safety. Neither are good fantasy plays. Greg Schiano told reporters that they'll use combinations at linebacker to replace Foster. Expect Jonathan Casillas to rotate in heavily and, given that Detroit will spread the field often, Casillas may be the better play. If you're looking for a desperation body and can't get Tank Carder, Casillas is a consideration. Mark Barron should see the biggest bump in expectation with these lineup changes.

Corey Webster is out today. Prince Amukamara has a nice matchup, but the loss of a corner puts Antrel Rolle into the best fantasy spot as Terrell Thomas may see more snaps outside than in the slot with Webster down. Jason Pierre-Paul was limited in practice this week. It's been impossible to handicap his expectation this year. He plays poorly when things look most optimistic and puts up big numbers when his week of practice is worrisome. He's in the painful, extreme boom-bust DL2 in big play leagues category right now. It's all or nothing against a decent matchup today.

Moise Fokou is questionable, but practiced fully Thursday and Friday and should play. It's not good news for the fantasy value of Colin McCarthy. Mike Munchak strongly hinted that the starting job was still Fokou's and that the two linebackers would rotate until Fokou was back in football shape. That's also not good news for Zach Brown, who continues to leave the field in passing situations. Akeem Ayers is the best fantasy option among the linebacker group today. Derrick Morgan is back on the injury report after tweaking his groin on this week during practice. His durability issues are killing any fantasy upside he may have had.

Jene, with DeVito out in KC and Bailey starting in his place, which match-up do you personally like better overall (Not just sacks), Bailey VS SD or Addison VS Miami?

Addison potential DL2, where would you put Bailey this week?

Jene, this week's EOTG and RTD have differing alignments for the Dallas LB's coming out of the bye due to Lee's injury.

You've got Sims as MLB and Carter WLB while Mr. Norton has Carter in the middle.

Are these just different opinions or do you guys actually have different sources? The official depth chart still has Lee as MLB

Thanks very much.

The Claymaker said:
Jene, with DeVito out in KC and Bailey starting in his place, which match-up do you personally like better overall (Not just sacks), Bailey VS SD or Addison VS Miami?

Addison potential DL2, where would you put Bailey this week?
Like Addison based on matchup. Bailey might outtackle Addison, but it won't be by much. Addison has a better big play expectation I think.

duece2626 said:
Alan Ball starting?
I would think so. Is there something I missed there? Didn't see an injury.

Jene, this week's EOTG and RTD have differing alignments for the Dallas LB's coming out of the bye due to Lee's injury.

You've got Sims as MLB and Carter WLB while Mr. Norton has Carter in the middle.

Are these just different opinions or do you guys actually have different sources? The official depth chart still has Lee as MLB

Thanks very much.
Sims is in the middle ~ http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4719740/ernie-sims-i-can-make-plays-in-this-league. Only change is that Holloman isn't ready to play OLB yet.

HOw about Tank Carder. Any chance he plays for more than one week or replaces Robertson down the road

HOw about Tank Carder. Any chance he plays for more than one week or replaces Robertson down the road
I've never been a fan of Robertson, really. If Carder plays well against the run, he's athletic enough to compete in coverage. Likely to depend on how many games Carder gets a chance to get on tape.

Any clarity to the Minn safety situation?
It's Sendejo and Sanford, with Sanford in more coverage roles. When Smith returns, Sendejo sits. Could see Raymond take a few snaps from Sendejo but nothing significant.

Should I be concerned about Derrick Morgan not starting or making it through the game? He's marked as questionable and I know he's had issues throughout the season.

Should I be concerned about Derrick Morgan not starting or making it through the game? He's marked as questionable and I know he's had issues throughout the season.
I'd be worried about those issues. Biggest issue is how effective he'll be on the snaps he does play. I'm generally avoiding him today.

Who the heck is Jeff Tarpinian? He started last week and had a very nice game for Houston, he starting again?
Journeyman who's had a couple of good games in NE and now one in HOU. Has a groin injury, is questionable. Started for Joe Mays last week, who was inactive with a knee injury. Mays practiced fully Friday and is probable. Tarpinian is probably a rotational player only this week, if he's able to play through his injury.

Users who are viewing this thread