What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Super Bowl LIV Discussion Thread - 49ers vs Chiefs (1 Viewer)

It's worth noting that mobile QBs can somewhat flip the script on defense dominanting big ganes.  You refer to the 2013 Sehawks.  Colin Kaepernick gave that 2013 D a lot more problems in the NFC championship gane than Manning did in the SB. It'll be interesting to see if Mahomes can neutralize that pass rush a bit.  I think something like 1 to 2 sacks vs 4 or 5 can make a huge difference in this game. Guys like Mahomes can still get chunk plays off of QB pressures.
Yes and this 49ers team still lost to the Ravens, even shutting down pretty much every aspect of their offense, except that 101 yd rushing from Lamar. 

Meanwhile the Chiefs beat the Ravens, even giving up 200+ yds rushing and 4 rushing TDs, because Patrick Mahommes. 

I just think Mahommes will make one or two plays that get it done by the slimmest of margins. 

Has the SB always been so late? I feel like they push the time back every year.

Im neutral on both teams. I just want to see a good game. If I was a betting man I’d bet on SF. But honestly it’s a toss up. 

Quite literally untrue. Of the 18 games they've played this season, 13 have come against teams ranked 16th or better on offense. 6 games have come against teams ranked in the top 10 on offense. 
I'm referring to strength of schedule and matchups, not offensive ranking which really doesn't mean anything in the context of a single game because that measure is also a function of the opposing team's respective schedule. In the regular season, the 49ers split with the Seahawks, edged out the Saints in a thriller, and beat the Packers convincingly. Those were 3 high quality wins. They lost to the Ravens and Falcons. The rest of their 10 wins were against teams that missed the playoffs but mostly dominant wins regardless. 

In the playoffs, instead of facing the Saints again, they got matched up against the 2 teams from the NFC North that each played soft schedules and were not as strong as their records indicated. Not counting the games against each other, the Pack and Vikings each had only 1 regular season win against a team that made the playoffs. For the Pack, that was the game against the Chiefs without Mahomes. The Vikings beat the Eagles. Sorry to the fans of those respective teams, but they benefited greatly from easy schedules.

The Chiefs also had 3 regular season wins against teams that made the playoffs, one with Matt Moore against the Vikings, and 9 wins against non-playoff teams. They also beat the Texans and Titans in the playoffs after losing both contests in the regular season. 

When you break it all down and look at common opponents (particularly the Ravens), strength of schedule, quality wins, etc, I really think a small edge goes to the Chiefs.

First Super Bowl I can remember where I'm cool with either team winning. Awesome match-up between two teams I like. Two good coaches.  This should be one of the great Super Bowls in history. 

Has the SB always been so late? I feel like they push the time back every year.

Im neutral on both teams. I just want to see a good game. If I was a betting man I’d bet on SF. But honestly it’s a toss up. 
pretty sure it's been this time for decades.

Since 1991, the Super Bowl has begun between 6:19 and 6:40 PM EST so that most of the game is played during the primetime hours on the East Coast.

Users who are viewing this thread