What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** SUPER BOWL XL *** (1 Viewer)

Pick a Winner

• Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pittsburgh Steelers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this game is going to be very similar to the New England Carolina Super Bowl. Pittsburgh will be a heavy favorite (like New England was), but Seattle will more than hold their own (like Carolina did). It will be higher scoring than most think. It will not be a blow out, but I think this Steeler team is just executing to perfection right now. So, I take the Steelers in a close one. 31-28.

I think this game is going to be very similar to the New England Carolina Super Bowl. Pittsburgh will be a heavy favorite (like New England was), but Seattle will more than hold their own (like Carolina did). It will be higher scoring than most think. It will not be a blow out, but I think this Steeler team is just executing to perfection right now. So, I take the Steelers in a close one. 31-28.
I agree that it could be a close game like the Pats/Panthers. But I don't think the steelers will be a heavy favorite (like -7 as was N.E.). I'd guess between 3 and 4 point favorite.

I agree that it could be a close game like the Pats/Panthers. But I don't think the steelers will be a heavy favorite (like -7 as was N.E.). I'd guess between 3 and 4 point favorite.
I bet Las Vegas has already set the line. :D

I'll be there. Seahawks have been doubted all year and I think it's amusing they are 4 point dogs on a fast track. It's just like every other game, every other year. Steelers are a very good team and I hope we keep hearing how good they are for the next two weeks.

I'm looking forward to this Super Bowl more than the past few years'. Tough for me to choose which team to root for. Plenty of guys on Pitt that I think deserve a ring and I'd like nothing more (except for the Packers getting another) than to see Homlgren get another title.I will go with Seattle though, but most of all I just want to see a great game that is undecided late in the 4th.

Couldn't be happier about the matchup. Not because I think Pitt is sure to win vs Sea by any means. Only because I think the 2 best teams from each Conf are playing in the game.

Cris Carter's Six Points Steelers Seahawks Ben Roethlisberger gives Pittsburgh a slight edge Offense Steelers can negate so many things an offense wants to do Defense Kicking games are even; Randle El is the tiebreaker Special teams Holmgren has coached in two Super Bowls, winning one Coaching The Bus will be driving for a title in his hometown of Detroit Intangibles Darrell Jackson ... Can he make Pittsburgh's D think pass? Wild card Cris Carter says: Pittsburgh is better than 15-1 team of '04 Steelers Cris Carter: Finally the favorite January 22, 2006After beating three good teams on the road, Pittsburgh proved it should be the pick to win Super

I like the Steelers here but not as much as I liked them at Denver. I think they squeek out a win against the Seahawks. Something like 24-21 or 27-24.

When Lofa Tatupu was 6 years old, his father brought home a new car. It was a DeLorean. Lofa asked his father what was so special about a DeLorean. His father told him it was made of stainless steel. Lofa laughed an evil laugh and said, "STEEL? WHO WOULD MAKE A CAR OUT OF SUCH FILTH?" He then picked up the car and turned it upside down before taking a huge bite out of the quarter panel, chewing it up and spitting it out. Then he defecated on the fan belt.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe the Steelers are favored. Seattle should be the favorite. slightly. They have an explosive offense and their defense is just as good as pittsburghs. And as a disclaimer, I'm a huge steeler fan.

Seattle is an amazing team, but, we are talking about a team that won 3 on the road in the AFC. Before the playoffs, I would've taken all 6 AFC teams over the best the NFC had to offer. The AFC is vastly superior.Anyways, I see it like another game in this Roethlesberger era. Pittsburgh comes out, and scores early, again. 10 point lead, and they hang on in the end as LeBeau gets too conservative and starts playing a little too much zone.You really have to watch how the Steelers have been playing the past 2 years to understand what kind of a juggernaut they are early in the game. Even if stats don't back it up, just watching the games will give someone a true sense of just how the come out in MOST games. I'm not saying all games, they are 26-4 with Ben over the stretch.....but most games, they just come out early and flat out dominate. If Seattle weathers the storm, game on. If not, Steeler victory again.

I thought the AFC was favored in the SB for weeks.Now the Steelers win and are rated ahead of the Seahawks (who were rated 7 or 8 in the NFL). So whats the problem? The AFC is preceived better than the NFC.Oh! Thats right the AFC Seahawks were moved to the NFC and how long did it take them to win it?I think anything less than 7 is a bargain.

These two teams match up well against each other.The MVP will have enough success in the running game to buy some time for Hass. The Steelers will continue to take what the defense gives them, sell out to stop the run, they'll beat you with the pass. Sell out to stop the pass, they'll beat you with the run.This game will come down to the play of the defensive secondaries and the coaching, IMO. As a Steeler fan, I hope they continue to perform at the same level of the last three weeks. If they do, they will be very tough to beat, but I definitely don't take this Seattle team lightly.

I don't know who to root for. All my playoff rosters bit the dust so I have no monetary interest in the game except for the value bets and the boxes that I will make on game day.Which team needs another fan - for a game at least?

Since the Pats can't be there this year, I'm rooting for the team with 2 sons of Pats -- Hasselbeck and Tatupu. :thumbup: The Steelers will be insufferable if they win with all that 'one for the thumb' stuff. Seattle's just happy to be there for its first SB appearance.

Seattle defense was ranked 16th.

Pittsburgh defense was ranked 4th.
That's total yards which is usually not a clear indication of things. Think about this...who was the #1 pass D in the NFL this year? Can you answer that without looking? It was a team that finished 4-12. Since Seattle was ahead in most of their games all season they are going to give up a lot of cheap stuff in the second half bringing the total yards allowed up. The Seahawks were 7th in points allowed and the Steelers were third. That is what games come down to don't they? Points.

I don't know who to root for. All my playoff rosters bit the dust so I have no monetary interest in the game except for the value bets and the boxes that I will make on game day.

Which team needs another fan - for a game at least?
Don't abandon me, buddy. I'll vote for Catherine Bell in the babe bracket for you.GO SEAHAWKS!

I don't know who to root for.  All my playoff rosters bit the dust so I have no monetary interest in the game except for the value bets and the boxes that I will make on game day.

Don't abandon me, buddy. I'll vote for Catherine Bell in the babe bracket for you.GO SEAHAWKS!
:goodposting: GO HAWKS!

How the heck are the Steelers going to get all fired up for this game now that they can no longer hang thier hat on the "No respect" peg??? ;) Seahawks, with Hassel and the MVP get it done :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know who to root for. All my playoff rosters bit the dust so I have no monetary interest in the game except for the value bets and the boxes that I will make on game day.

:goodposting: GO HAWKS!
:hifive:

The football gods are paving the way for the Seahawks. How else do you explain the fact that their playoff opponents are both of the 6-seeds and a 5-seed? No games against any other division winners.It's unstoppable now.

Join the Seahawk side, there are like 7 of us.

One time, Jerome Bettis was out visiting the coast. He was standing on a pier, breathing in the salty Pacific air, enjoying the magnificent vistas of the olympic peninsula, thinking what a wonderful place he was in.Then a large hawk-like bird took a #### on his head."Why did you do that, Mr. Seahawk?" asked Jerome."Because you suck" said the hawk, and flew away.Jerome started to cry.

I don't know who to root for.  All my playoff rosters bit the dust so I have no monetary interest in the game except for the value bets and the boxes that I will make on game day.

8 if I count my kid's cat.

One time, Jerome Bettis was out visiting the coast. He was standing on a pier, breathing in the salty Pacific air, enjoying the magnificent vistas of the olympic peninsula, thinking what a wonderful place he was in.

Then a large hawk-like bird took a #### on his head.

"Why did you do that, Mr. Seahawk?" asked Jerome.

"Because you suck" said the hawk, and flew away.

Jerome started to cry.
there are no piers on the Olympic peninsula, its off limits to human beings:sierraclubber:

Seattle is better than a 4.5 pt dog. The line should close as game time approaches, IMO.
I don't see that at all.I think all the money will be on Pittsburgh to dominate forcing the spread to grow.

8 if I count my kid's cat.
I'd join you except I'm a lifelong steeler fan, and I'm still a little miffed about the 29 years of crappy Seahawks games I've been forced to watch here in Portland since the NFL thinks we're a suburb. But, other than that, I'm very happy for Seattle fans, and I really respect what Holmgren has accomplished here. That is a great team in Seattle, all around.

One time, Jerome Bettis was out visiting the coast. He was standing on a pier, breathing in the salty Pacific air, enjoying the magnificent vistas of the olympic peninsula, thinking what a wonderful place he was in.

Then a large hawk-like bird took a #### on his head.

"Why did you do that, Mr. Seahawk?" asked Jerome.

"Because you suck" said the hawk, and flew away.

Jerome started to cry.
there are no piers on the Olympic peninsula, its off limits to human beings:sierraclubber:
O RLY

Seattle is better than a 4.5 pt dog.  The line should close as game time approaches, IMO.
I don't see that at all.I think all the money will be on Pittsburgh to dominate forcing the spread to grow.
you're probably right. I don't see it though. I know how good Seattle really is, they are every bit the equal of the steelers, if not better in some major areas. I know for a fact they have a much better offense than Pittsburgh. I think they have a better offensive line, and I think its going to be almost impossible for the Steelers to rush Hasselbeck. This is a major concern for Pittsburgh.

I think they have a better offensive line, and I think its going to be almost impossible for the Steelers to rush Hasselbeck. This is a major concern for Pittsburgh.
This is my biggest concern. Seattle has faced zone blitz schemes only a few times in past couple of years. The last one I remember off the top of my head was New England during the regular season last year. None this year at all.They've got two weeks to study, plan, and prepare. They did a heck of a job scheming to shut down Steve Smith yesterday. That was just sick. I think John Marshall (acting defense coordinator) gets credit for that. Not sure how the guys on the offensive side will adjust.

They've got two weeks to study, plan, and prepare.
Through brightest day and blackest nightNo Steeler shall escape my sight

Let those who worship Pittsburgh's might

Beware my power: The Seahawk's Light!

Okay, I'm prepared.

I think they have a better offensive line, and I think its going to be almost impossible for the Steelers to rush Hasselbeck.  This is a major concern for Pittsburgh.
This is my biggest concern. Seattle has faced zone blitz schemes only a few times in past couple of years. The last one I remember off the top of my head was New England during the regular season last year. None this year at all.They've got two weeks to study, plan, and prepare. They did a heck of a job scheming to shut down Steve Smith yesterday. That was just sick. I think John Marshall (acting defense coordinator) gets credit for that. Not sure how the guys on the offensive side will adjust.
Seattles front four put a lot of pressure on an offensive line, which allows them to drop guys into the secondary and still get some penetration and pressure on the QB. That's how they could shadow Smith around all day, they had bodies available in the secondary. in order for Pittsburgh to exploit that, they would have to dominate at the point of attack and suck up some big chunks of yardage on the ground early in the game. That would force seattle to committ 8 guys to the line and force Rothlisberger to beat them over the top. That hasn't worked so far for Indy or Denver, so kudos to Rothlisberger and his recievers.

9...I make number 9Gooo Hawks!!Oh man is this going to be a great game. I cant believe the HAWKS are in the Superbowl!!! It feels like this team is a team of desteny. I hope its a close game to the end with the Hawks coming out with the win.Go Hawks !!

I'm looking forward to this game. Can't decide who to pick yet, my early gut feel is the Steelers based on them stuffing the run and pressuring Hass. However, the Steelers haven't seen an o-line as good as Seattle's this year. Maybe Seattle will block well enough to score points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread