What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Super Bowl XLIII Game Thread - Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Arizona Cardina (2 Viewers)

Alright! Doesn't matter if Steelers score, since the Cardinals ended the half with 7 points.I'd like the Steelers to go for two here, but that's pretty unlikely.
:lmao:
I'm in a 100 squares pool. $25 entry.For the 1st half, I had 7 points for the Cardinals and 8 points for the Steelers. Since the Cardinals got 7 points in their halftime score, I got $100. Would have been $500 is the Steelers had an 8 in their halftime score, but happy to have the $100! :lmao:

Cards were this close to being only the second Super Bowl team to take the lead after trailing by 10 or more (1987 Redskins). Unbelievable play.

So is this what a 3D show looks like on HD? Damn I was looking forward to Chuck as well. :lmao:

And yes the Sobe lizards still suck.

Big play for PIT. I can't believe AZ didn't try at least one fade to the corner with Fitz or Boldin. Kurt should not have thrown that ball.

Warner was held during the runback... the guy had a fistful of jersey. But the block in Hightower's back was much more blatant and really should have been called.

Warner has to throw that one away. He was staring his receiver down, he had to have seen a Steeler in the vicinity. Or even take a sack...he would still have had time to spike the ball.

His knee lands on Fitzgerald but his helmut lands in the endzone before the ball crosses the line. BLOWN CALL. Should be 1st and goal from the 2 inch line with 1 second left.

His knee looked like it landed on Fitz. It looked like his elbow MIGHT have hit the ground with the ball still short, but there was no way you could tell for sure and no way you could overturn it.

If you want to complain about something, complain about the textbook two-handed push square in the back of Hightower when he was about to make the tackle at around the 30 yard line. Seriously, it was the freaking definition of the rule, right out in the open. They need to go ahead and just change that rule to only being on punt returns, since that's the only time they ever call it anyway.

Cards were this close to being only the second Super Bowl team to take the lead after trailing by 10 or more (1987 Redskins).
Not true. The Panthers took the lead over the Patriots in SB38 after trailing by as many as 11.
Warner was held during the runback... the guy had a fistful of jersey. But the block in Hightower's back was much more blatant and really should have been called.
:goodposting: I didn't notice them on the run back, but they were glaring on the replay. Oh well.

His knee lands on Fitzgerald but his helmut lands in the endzone before the ball crosses the line. BLOWN CALL. Should be 1st and goal from the 2 inch line with 1 second left.
Helmet does not make a player down...

Last edited by a moderator:
The Hightower block at about the 10 yard line was a bad missed call, usually they let them play on the returns but Hightower got shoved out of the camera picture from behind.

Not sure what you are watching but he was clearly in.
It was very, very close. Clearly in? :unsure: Oh, you Steelers homers sure are funny. :lol:
If you want to complain about something, complain about the textbook two-handed push square in the back of Hightower when he was about to make the tackle at around the 30 yard line. Seriously, it was the freaking definition of the rule, right out in the open. They need to go ahead and just change that rule to only being on punt returns, since that's the only time they ever call it anyway.
:goodposting:

Arm Chair QB's----never post, but it drives me crazy the mentality of some. Those guys in the booth have the technology to break it down and make the right call. (just like Ben's TD called back).

Right Call made, but it will give the whiners something to cling their hopes on

Warner has to throw that one away. He was staring his receiver down, he had to have seen a Steeler in the vicinity. Or even take a sack...he would still have had time to spike the ball.
This is the correct answer. I'm yelling to my wife..throw it away, there's nothing there...dammit.

Cards were this close to being only the second Super Bowl team to take the lead after trailing by 10 or more (1987 Redskins).
Not true. The Panthers took the lead over the Patriots in SB38 after trailing by as many as 11.
:goodposting: I didn't notice them on the run back, but they were glaring on the replay. Oh well.
I might argue the Warner "hold" but I'm not being a Homer but rewinding it again it appears he pushes from the side but I could see that getting called.

I'm pretty pissed about the blown call on the block in the back but more pissed at Warner for making an awful read. Gotta give Harrison and the Pitt D credit but damn... Huge swing.

Reminds me of the Bailey INT against Brady in the second round of the '05 playoffs and the controversial call at the end of the return.

Not sure what you are watching but he was clearly in.
It was very, very close. Clearly in? :unsure: Oh, you Steelers homers sure are funny. :lol:
:goodposting:
I didn't say it wasn't close, I said it was clear.

I'm pretty pissed about the blown call on the block in the back but more pissed at Warner for making an awful read. Gotta give Harrison and the Pitt D credit but damn... Huge swing.
I'm also surprised that the announcers totally glossed over it. I know the Superbowl is about big plays and they want to juice the fans, but you gotta point out the 500 lb. gorilla standing in the background.

You know it's time to start a diet when your siting on the couch eating chips and guacamole and "The Boss" tells you to put it down in front of a hundred million people.

Helmet does not make a player down...
Yes it does.
really??? I honestly thought Helmet touching was still live. SO if A guy is falling puts his hand down , knee doesn't touch but helmet does he's down?

I think Bruce laid too much on the line early, he needs to borrow some of Harrison's oxygen...still the man though

Let's be honest here, Warner isn't tackling Harrison.
I was surprised he didn't go low. I agree that his chances weren't as good staying up... though he was probably thinking he'd be able to use the sideline and just pushing him a bit would get him out of bounds.

Wow. Also, awful tackling by the Cardinals downfield. No way should Harrison have scored.
He didn't. Great effort, but he fell short. Missed call.
Not sure what you are watching but he was clearly in. No controversy here at all.
So you don't think that was an illegal block on Hightower?
Honestly couldn't tell whether he was pushed from the side or behind. I'd have to go back and watch the replay again.

Wow. Also, awful tackling by the Cardinals downfield. No way should Harrison have scored.
He didn't. Great effort, but he fell short. Missed call.
Not sure what you are watching but he was clearly in. No controversy here at all.
So you don't think that was an illegal block on Hightower?
really?
It looks like he got shoved in the back to me. Why that wasn't called is beyond me.

Users who are viewing this thread