What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SuperBowl Menu (1 Viewer)

Big League Chew

Footballguy
Being lazy and staying home this year. 

Planning on going with some Queso Dip, BabyBack Ribs & probably some Wings

What you all got??

Low carb household and most of the people coming have zero issues with it.

jalapeno poppers - Pretty sure I posted these before

Pork Roll Sticks - Instead of making pac-man slices I cut french fry looking sticks and serve them with cheese sauce, ketchup etc

Smoked Wings 

Ribs

Bacon/Garlic/Spinach Dip  w/ Pork Rinds

Salad 

Low carb household and most of the people coming have zero issues with it.

jalapeno poppers - Pretty sure I posted these before

Pork Roll Sticks - Instead of making pac-man slices I cut french fry looking sticks and serve them with cheese sauce, ketchup etc

Smoked Wings 

Ribs

Bacon/Garlic/Spinach Dip  w/ Pork Rinds

Salad 
You baking those poppers?

Can you post it again please?

this guy at work came up to me and said he found the secret ribs recipe for cooking inside. he talks a big game so i thought id share

BabyBack Ribs

Remove membrane

Puncture bone side . pat dry

apply rub on both sides

place meat side down and wrap in foil

275 for 2 hours

drain juices, leave foil open and turn meat over. apply bbq sauce

325 for 10 mins

repeat 2x

We have a huge party every year. Started as a small thing but has blown up. I’ll smoke brisket and ribs and a pork shoulder and put baked beans on the smoker - I put some of that smoked pork in at the end. 

My wife makes themed cupcakes for the teams and sometimes the city. This year it’s blackberry something for KC vs. Ghirardelli French Silk 🍫 for SF and Guava cheese for Miami, even though she is considering holding that for Tampa next year. 

Anyways I love it but it’s an immense amount of work. 

We have a huge party every year. Started as a small thing but has blown up. I’ll smoke brisket and ribs and a pork shoulder and put baked beans on the smoker - I put some of that smoked pork in at the end. 

My wife makes themed cupcakes for the teams and sometimes the city. This year it’s blackberry something for KC vs. Ghirardelli French Silk 🍫 for SF and Guava cheese for Miami, even though she is considering holding that for Tampa next year. 

Anyways I love it but it’s an immense amount of work. 
wish it was a saturday.. always hate getting up the next morning 

[icon] said:
McDonalds 40pk Nuggest for $5.... x 4. 
Fancy Silver Platter w/ glass bowl of Sweet Baby Rays in the Middle. 

WahLah! 
Well at least you upgraded the sauce.  I would have just opened up all the free packets and dumped them in a Styrofoam bowl.

Not sure yet...we have done ribs, pulled pork, chili...a bunch of that stuff the past few years.

Lately been on a wing kick and doing it like Hot Ones with progressively hotter sauce.  That is easier when its 3-4 of us...but for the Super Bowl and so many people its a bit more of a pain to cook that many wings.

We sometimes like to do foods/drinks that relate to the teams playing. So I think we are going to try to make some ribs with KC style BBQ sauce and a California Zin. 

Buffalo Chicken Dip 

Ingredients

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened.

1 cup cooked chicken breast.

1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce.

1/2 cup ranch or blue cheese salad dressing.

2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese.

French bread baguette slices, celery ribs or tortilla chips.

Combine the ingredients together in a bowl until they are mixed together thoroughly. Bake at  350° until the Buffalo chicken dip is bubbling.

Boiled and chilled peeler shrimp.

Bread and spinach artichoke dip

Veggie tray and ranch

Deviled eggs

Pickles and olives

Asstd cheeses, meats and crackers

Brie

Some kind of hot dip, not sure yet

Lots of different chips

Buffalo Chicken Dip 

Ingredients

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened.

1 cup cooked chicken breast.

1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce.

1/2 cup ranch or blue cheese salad dressing.

2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese.

French bread baguette slices, celery ribs or tortilla chips.

Combine the ingredients together in a bowl until they are mixed together thoroughly. Bake at  350° until the Buffalo chicken dip is bubbling.
My wife makes this as well....she get's a couple of Costco Whole Rotisserie chickens and simply pulls them apart. I love this stuff!!!

So in addition to her famous buffalo chicken dip she is making her world famous baked ziti (both a tray of cheese and cheese and ground beef). 2 dozen world famous John The Baker Garlic Rolls (those who live in West Broward county know exactly what these rolls are.....THE BOMB).

Caesar Salad

Homemade Salsa

Grilling some Burgers and Hot Dogs as well for those not wanting ziti.....or both!

Oh and my birthday is that Monday.....so yeah...ice cream cake.

Like others here, I try to incorporate a dish from each city. 

But liker others said, it's a huge amount of work. We often overdo it, too -- me and my wife are often in the kitchen cooking and prepping and serving instead of in front of the TV with the guests.

So we're going to keep it low key this year.

• KC: slow-cook pork and chicken sliders. Getting pre-made KC-style from Costco, and either hawaiian roles or kaiser hamburger buns (maybe brushed with butter and warmed in the oven?). We can throw this stuff in some slow cookers and relax more.
  • SF: It's itsThis does have some prep to it, but it's pretty straightforward. Make a bunch of oatmeal cookie and vanilla ice cream sandwiches and freeze. The next day, dip them in some melted chocolate and freeze again until dessert-time during the game.
Get tons of chips and dips, veggie trays, beer and wine and booze, have the guests bring over salad and other snacks, and I think we'll have a lower key, more relaxed, SB that upholds tradition and maybe allows me to watch not just the whole game, but some of the commercials too.

Does anyone know of really quick and easy microwavable hors d'ouevres that actually come out of being nuked tasting fantastic? Trying to see if there was a quick and easy hot snack we could whip up with less time/energy than baking in the oven.

Tom - I plan ahead and make sure it’s all done by 5:30. I don’t want to miss any lead up to the game. That means getting up unusually early on Sunday AM to get to work. But I look at it like thanksgiving II — just a fun day of cooking and friends/family. 

I'm pretty sure I started doing these thanks to one of the FFA superbowl menu threads.  HT to whoever first posted them.  I'm one of the last people on earth that's comfortable around the kitchen, but these have become my thing for parties.

Cheesesteak Sliders - going from memory  :unsure:

• Hawaiian Roles - slice the entire group of rolls in half; place bottom half on a cookie sheet
  • Cook the steak 
  • Grill onions and peppers
  • Combine the meat, onions, peppers onto the rolls (drain)
  • Layer your fav cheese on top
  • add ketchup + mayo (optional)
  • place the roll tops on top; butter tops before covering with aluminum foil
  • Cover with tin foil and bake at 375 for 15-20mins

I cut the peppers in half, clean them out, then roast them for about 30 mins at 350. Then fill them with a sausage/cream cheese/diced pepper mix and then back in the oven until the cheese is melted. 
I cut mine in half, clean them out, stuff them with a mixture of cream cheese, blue cheese, and cheddar cheese, then wrap them in bacon and either roast them in the oven or put them on the grill until the bacon is done. 

Wife just sent me the final menu 

Ribs
Brisket
Pasta salad
Smoked Baked beans 
Mac and cheese
Spinach artichoke dip 
Deviled eggs
Bacon wrapped tots 
Keto blt dip
Ranch Chex mix

Graham cracker blackberry cupcakes 
French silk cupcakes

Ribs
Brisket
Pasta salad
Smoked Baked beans 
Mac and cheese
Spinach artichoke dip 
Deviled eggs
Bacon wrapped tots 
Keto blt dip
Ranch Chex mix

French silk cupcakes
That's one hell of a menu, GB. Damn...

Ribs
Brisket
Pasta salad
Smoked Baked beans 
Mac and cheese
Spinach artichoke dip 
Deviled eggs
Bacon wrapped tots 
Keto blt dip
Ranch Chex mix

French silk cupcakes
What time should we be there?

I've had my father in law in town for a week and my kid has been sick for the last 3 days so not sure I have it in me to host as usual.  But  :blackdot: for when I change my mind.  

All meat, all the time: FBG Chili appetizer & smoking a butt and a brisket.

Other attendees were invited to bring apps, sides, and/or desserts.

Pile of French fries with breaded chicken covered in garlic parm, bacon, grilled onion, and mozzarella. Ingredients are all ready, put it all together and pop it in the oven about 5:45, put it on the table once the mozz is melted (add some fresh tomato), and it will keep us occupied til at least halftime. 

Three of our six guests this year are vegetarian so the chili will use plant-based protein.  I'm doing vegetable skewers separate from the steak kebabs.  Some of the grilled stuffed jalapenos will be baconless as well.  No accommodations will be made on the buffalo chicken dip.

Last minute prep since a buddy had to cancel shindig at his place due to a sick kid: 

Smoked pork shoulder : w fresh batches of our competition tomato and mustard base sauces. 

Whole wings : Fried : 3 sauces (honey gold, Hot, and suicide hot)

Judge Smalls Chili (tasked another buddy to make)

Sausage Balls

Bacon wrapped Shrimp

Scratch Salsa (Mexican buddy) w/ chips 

Standard Veggie platter

Charcuterie Platter w locally smoked meats from buddies company

Chicken Caesar Salad (Costco - topped my air fried chicken breast) 

Crunkle Kut Fries: waffle cut fries w Memphis bbq dry rub 

And of course a bourbon bar w all the good stuff plus luxardo cherries and assorted bitters for old fashioneds. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Last minute prep since a buddy had to cancel shindig at his place due to a sick kid: 

Smoked pork shoulder : w fresh batches of our competition tomato and mustard base sauces. 

Whole wings : Fried : 3 sauces (honey gold, Hot, and suicide hot)

Judge Smalls Chili (tasked another buddy to make)

Sausage Balls

Bacon wrapped Shrimp

Scratch Salsa (Mexican buddy) w/ chips 

Standard Veggie platter

Charcuterie Platter w locally smoked meats from buddies company

Chicken Caesar Salad (Costco - topped my air fried chicken breast) 

Crunkle Kut Fries: waffle cut fries w Memphis bbq dry rub 

And of course a bourbon bar w all the good stuff plus luxardo cherries and assorted bitters for old fashioneds. 
You’re missing the McNuggets 

Cheese and meat plate consisting of smoked Andouille, gruyere, cheddar, and habanero cheddar.

Smried wings - smoked, then fried.  With medium traditional sauce, hot traditional sauce, or "green monster" (hatch chilis, honey, garlic, butter).  Home-made blue cheese and ranch.

Pork spare ribs, smoked.

Wagyu beef plate short ribs (dino ribs), smoked.

Whatever the guests bring.

Also doing a limoncello proof taste test. We haven't bottled yet this year so the guests can custom select their proof.  We'll have options ranging from 43-128 and one lemon/ginger combo at about 90 proof.

Teaming up with my BIL at his place (upside: more room, newer TV; downside: have to put on pants)

- Pulled pork taco variations (Cilantro/onion, jalapeno, salsa, cotija, plus some pickled carrot/daikon to go banh mi style)

- Smoked wings

- Chili-cheese dip

- Buffalo chicken dip

Users who are viewing this thread