What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 42: Starts Wednesday March 9, 2022 (10 Viewers)

:no:  on the bold..

Tony told Ben they were NOT voting Jeremy and that he needed vote against Kim.. Ben refused and apparently still voted Jeremy, so that is on him, not Tony. 
I thought I heard Tony say "are we good?  It's Jeremy right?"  He told Ben he didn't want to vote Jeremy before TC... but I could be wrong.  The whole TC was confusing and even though the subtitles were helpful they flashed too fast sometimes for me to keep up, especially without my glasses. 

So now will every single TC have the running around and whispering confusion?  Getting old imo.  Guy on the outs going forward just stand up and start whispering in ears.  Might create enough paranoia to save yourself.  Might also cause strong alliances to just stand up and say "Bob is going home tonight, everybody good still?"  Just take any remaining drama right out of the vote.  Game is evolving and producers might need to look at it.  

And once the votes are collected and Jeff asks the question "if anyone has an HII now's the time to play it", there is no way they should allow further talking among alliances.  Tony said "I'm going to play my idol for Sarah" and then she says no don't.  That's really shady imo.  Jeff should have forced Tony to hand over his idol and votes for Sarah shouldn't have counted.  Didn't he even ask someone who they voted for?  

Michelle should demand her coin flip advantage back from Jeremy.  Guess he figures he'll hang on to it for next time.  I didn't care for the whole TC last night.  

Nick stepping down from a challenge for a cookie.  Jeez louize.  Lost respect for Nick and Jeremy last night.  

Sophia and Nat are beasts out on EoE.  

Rob hurt is elbow and it caused him to not finish in the top 6?  Rub some sand on it and let's go.  I thought he turned his ankle when he fell.  That would be different.  

I assume the producers/cameraman was counting as they brought their coconuts to the pile?  They didn't have their own piles.  I guess they could trust them not to cut corners... 
I don't think this was the case.  Nick early on tried to pay Tony to step down, and at the end I think he knew he couldn't last much longer on the challenge, so he might as well get some fuel.  I don't think that was a bad play.  Kim and Michelle on the other hand both seemed like they could have continued on, and made poor decisions.  They both felt comfortable with their position and it bit Kim.

With what happened last night, I think Rob gets back in the game and becomes the savior of this season. They don't show all that BS with him last night to not play his endgame up a bit. And, if I'm on the jury and Natalie gets back in the game, I'd vote for her.

Jeremy is flipin lucky.. Even Tony wasn't 100% if he had the votes.. Think they are once again dragging out extinction Island too long.. It is bad enough they get a second chance, but the longer they go without needing to back stab/ play the game the worst this gets :thumbdown:  
starting to wonder if these people even get a second chance.  if so, when?  and how is it going to be fair to the people that had to play the game every day while those already voted out have been sitting on the sidelines for days or even weeks by now.

Jeremy is flipin lucky.. Even Tony wasn't 100% if he had the votes.. Think they are once again dragging out extinction Island too long.. It is bad enough they get a second chance, but the longer they go without needing to back stab/ play the game the worst this gets :thumbdown:  
Is Jeremy going to give it back to Michelle now?

On another note Dani is down to skin and bones.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think this was the case.  Nick early on tried to pay Tony to step down, and at the end I think he knew he couldn't last much longer on the challenge, so he might as well get some fuel.  I don't think that was a bad play.  Kim and Michelle on the other hand both seemed like they could have continued on, and made poor decisions.  They both felt comfortable with their position and it bit Kim.
In his mind I believe he thinks he made the right call.  It came out at TC that he and the girls stepped down for food and the jury heard it.  And as mentioned earlier, as soon as he stepped off the challenge was over and Tony won.  Nick shouldn't have been able to eat peanut butter.  I think it cost him points with the jury, but honestly, I don't think he's done anything to win over that many jury votes to this point.  He's just been hanging around looking confused since the merge.  

With what happened last night, I think Rob gets back in the game and becomes the savior of this season. They don't show all that BS with him last night to not play his endgame up a bit. And, if I'm on the jury and Natalie gets back in the game, I'd vote for her.
Absolutely.  She's the best competitor out there imo.   

Please no.  Anyone that has been on extinction for a while should be voted out immediately.

The fact they can get back in so late and even have immunity at the next tribal with only 7 left in the game at this point is terrible.

I think Boston Blob looks like a beaten down dog on EoE. His skillful playing and athletic prowess are solely in his mind at this point.

Why?  I like Natalie, but i dont see a case to vote for her over say Tony.  Granted we dont know what she would pull off if she gets in.  Shes one of my favorites too.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
While Natalie is great, a player who was voted out first, then had a chance to get back in again and failed, then gets another chance, gets back in and only has to complete against 5-8 people with relationships built on the jury should not be voted for.

starting to wonder if these people even get a second chance.  if so, when?  and how is it going to be fair to the people that had to play the game every day while those already voted out have been sitting on the sidelines for days or even weeks by now.
:goodposting:   Some haven't had to "Play the game" for many, many days... so they haven't had to really play the overall game of outsmart/outwit..
The longer this goes with them away from the main game, the more they will only have "outlast" on their resume. 

:goodposting:   Some haven't had to "Play the game" for many, many days... so they haven't had to really play the overall game of outsmart/outwit..
The longer this goes with them away from the main game, the more they will only have "outlast" on their resume. 
yeah, i just don't see how "well, i sat on extinction island and every few days we had a task to do for a few hours" equates to what the "live" players are still doing daily.

Tony told Ben they were NOT voting Jeremy and that he needed vote against Kim.. Ben refused and apparently still voted Jeremy, so that is on him, not Tony. 
Ben voted Kim.  The only votes Jeremy got were from Denise, Michelle and Kim.  Everyone else voted Kim, including Ben and Nick.

TLEF316 said:
Technically, none of those folks should have been allowed to eat any cookies. Probst clearly said that they had to stop eating when the challenge was over. Pretty sure nobody had actually made it to the tray before Tony and Denise were the last 2 standing.  At that point "the challenge is over".
Was thinking this exact thing when it happened. In fact in a past season someone sacrificed their shot at food and prolonged the challenge specifically so everyone else had time to eat.

Can someone remind me why Ben hates Jeremy so so much the last couple episodes? What vote was the turning point, was it the tribal where Jeremy played his advatage to up and leave when he WAS the target that night?

Can someone remind me why Ben hates Jeremy so so much the last couple episodes? What vote was the turning point, was it the tribal where Jeremy played his advatage to up and leave when he WAS the target that night?
And why is he concerned with comp beast Jeremy winning final 3, but aligned with 3 time comp winner who will crush him in a vote.

I love the whispering and craziness of tribal. Probst do a race track style breakdown of what was happening was awesome.   Also liked Jeremy giving Denise a chance to jump on and her being annoyed with the whispering cuz she knew it wasn’t going her way.    

Michelle playing another scared and terrible game like last time she played.  Hot but totally worthless and will make the final because of it.  

tony is the man, probably won’t last for him but he’s been the star regardless. 

Challenge Everything said:
What does this even mean? This season has been great and doesnt need saving. 

rick6668 said:
Challenge Everything said:
While Natalie is great, a player who was voted out first, then had a chance to get back in again and failed, then gets another chance, gets back in and only has to complete against 5-8 people with relationships built on the jury should not be voted for.
:goodposting: this is everything that's wrong with EoE in 1 sentence.

I love the whispering and craziness of tribal. Probst do a race track style breakdown of what was happening was awesome.   Also liked Jeremy giving Denise a chance to jump on and her being annoyed with the whispering cuz she knew it wasn’t going her way.    

Michelle playing another scared and terrible game like last time she played.  Hot but totally worthless and will make the final because of it.  

'Are you sure? You know you're only safe tonight, right?"

This season has had some of the best lines of all seasons by a wide margin. 

Actually, that irritated me. He was in a position of zero power and he was threatening her. He was trying to be a bully imo. 

snogger said:

Did he?  Why did Tony pat Ben on the knee and say 'good job' after Kim's torch was snuffed?

Actually, that irritated me. He was in a position of zero power and he was threatening her. He was trying to be a bully imo. 
I think editing is messing with our perception of how this all went down.  If he had zero power like it seemed, there's no way he'd sit on the 50/50 advantage.

:thanks: so definitely no back stab..
Back stab may be the wrong word.  Tony acts like he's with Ben but for the last couple of votes, he's gone against what Ben desperately wants... to vote off Jeremy.  I don't know why Ben dislikes Jeremy so much but Tony has convinced everyone on Ben's alliance to change their votes off Jeremy to someone else.  Once the whispering was done Ben had no choice but to vote with Tony and oust Kim or risk losing trust with his alliance.  Tony didn't back stab him at TC, but he's undermined Ben the last couple of votes.  And seemingly at the last minute.  Ben looked pissed for having to change his vote.   So no back stab at TC, but there's a small knife in Ben's back and Tony subtly applies pressure at the right moment to alter the vote how he (Tony) sees fit and his timing has been perfect.  And Ben is looking powerless to stop it.  

The pat on the knee after the vote looked like a "there, good boy" and Ben looked to be stewing.  He's been soundly played by Tony so far.  

They all have and if Tony is in the final 3 he's winning, imo.  

How did Jeremy have no power? He only got 3 votes because everyone else went Kim. He and Tony (for Sarah) both didn't play their advantages in the end so they obviously felt safe and confident enough in the outcome. 

Now this is all Tony's doing, not Jeremy, so in that respect you're right it wasn't Jeremy's "power" but he knew he had a good chance of being on the right side. Denise was essentially throwing a little tantrum and made a rude gesture when he tried talking to her, so he said that. I don't think it was bullying but annoyance at her attitude. 

I don't know how everyone doesn't vote Tony next episode after the last 9 days and 3 straight votes of dominance he's had along with winning immunity all 3 of those times. He's lucky he has an idol.

snogger said:

Did he?  Why did Tony pat Ben on the knee and say 'good job' after Kim's torch was snuffed?
He didn't.  It was a 5-3 vote.  Kim, Denise, and Michelle voted Jeremy.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ned
It was bad enough that Nick gave up and grabbed the food, but his piss-poor haggling made it even worse (assuming we saw it all).  I get when you're offering the token to Tony to try to get him to give up, you start with one.  And based on Tony's reaction, it might have been pretty clear there would be no use upping that offer to both.

But you're thinking of dropping out yourself and you ask for one token?  Start by asking for both, you dummy.

Actually, right after submitting that last post, I wondered if Tony was in the hole by one token from last week, and Nick knew that (did he ever pay Nick back for last week?).  It would make sense, then, that Nick would ask for only one.

I am still amazed after all these years and even with highly seasoned players how irrational the players can be.

Sarah screaming at Tony, telling him she is never going to talk to him again if she got voted out in the future, all based Tony just doing a strategic move that wasn't even targeting Sarah is just so off the charts.

The fire tokens and the "remote" ways the EoE people can interact with the regular players at least give some type of involvement in manipulating the main game. So someone like Natalie could come back and have a few things to mention in her favor of why she still should have a chance to win (as opposed to the dude last time that just came in at the end and won.)

It was bad enough that Nick gave up and grabbed the food, but his piss-poor haggling made it even worse (assuming we saw it all).  I get when you're offering the token to Tony to try to get him to give up, you start with one.  And based on Tony's reaction, it might have been pretty clear there would be no use upping that offer to both.

But you're thinking of dropping out yourself and you ask for one token?  Start by asking for both, you dummy.
I have a hard time seeing a scenario where Nick can win this game.  Lots of smart, experienced players on that jury that won't vote at the end solely based sour grapes or spite.  Just don't see him swaying any votes in his speech on how he's played this time around.  He's often confused on what's going on around him and he goes with the wind with whoever he's talking to at the moment.  He has stated that "now is the time when I shake up this game and I'm going after everybody... I'll go on a rampage right after my peanut butter cookie, you'll see."  Then in prep for TC... "who are we voting for??"  

I am still amazed after all these years and even with highly seasoned players how irrational the players can be.

Sarah screaming at Tony, telling him she is never going to talk to him again if she got voted out in the future, all based Tony just doing a strategic move that wasn't even targeting Sarah is just so off the charts.
Easy for us to say from the comfort of our sofas. I couldn’t imagine the wave of emotions you go through out there. Experienced winners or not, they’re still humans under some pretty tough conditions. 

Easy for us to say from the comfort of our sofas. I couldn’t imagine the wave of emotions you go through out there. Experienced winners or not, they’re still humans under some pretty tough conditions. 
I completely understand the emotions and getting upset, but this reaction (oh which no one can say was a joke) seemed WAY over the top to me, especially when she was not the target, and this was with a player she was relatively friendly with. 

Tony didn't really even do anything crazy imo.

Yeah, it's terrible.  It's almost ruining the show for me.  Open dialogue and back-and-forth with Probst should be allowed, but none of this whispering junk.  
I completely agree.  TC is useless now.  Might as well just do an open vote with how terrible it has gotten.  I hope they quash this tactic next season

I have a hard time seeing a scenario where Nick can win this game.  Lots of smart, experienced players on that jury that won't vote at the end solely based sour grapes or spite.  Just don't see him swaying any votes in his speech on how he's played this time around.  He's often confused on what's going on around him and he goes with the wind with whoever he's talking to at the moment.  He has stated that "now is the time when I shake up this game and I'm going after everybody... I'll go on a rampage right after my peanut butter cookie, you'll see."  Then in prep for TC... "who are we voting for??"  
He's playing like Gavin in S38. And the edit has been clowning him. He has, as Spencer once said about Kass, zero chance of winning the game. 

And once the votes are collected and Jeff asks the question "if anyone has an HII now's the time to play it", there is no way they should allow further talking among alliances.  Tony said "I'm going to play my idol for Sarah" and then she says no don't.  That's really shady imo.  Jeff should have forced Tony to hand over his idol and votes for Sarah shouldn't have counted.  Didn't he even ask someone who they voted for?  
Many people tend to look at Survivor through the same lens as we do sports, especially those of us who are sports fans. But it's not really a sport with a ton of set rules and meaningful statistics. It's a TV product. Probst, who is now showrunner as well as host, is going to give the castaways a lot of leeway, especially on returnee seasons, if he thinks it will make for good TV. So there's little point in getting bent out of shape about stuff like this.

For most of its life, Survivor had only had two essential rules: 1. Do not physically assault another player. 2. Do not conspire to split the prize money. It recently added a third: Do not do what Dan Spilo did on S39. 

There are other procedural things that they have to follow as part of being regulated as a game show, including making sure people don't cheat during the challenges and planning in advance when and where they hide the idols, but it's nothing like the NFL as far as rules go. 

Many people tend to look at Survivor through the same lens as we do sports, especially those of us who are sports fans. But it's not really a sport with a ton of set rules and meaningful statistics. It's a TV product. Probst, who is now showrunner as well as host, is going to give the castaways a lot of leeway, especially on returnee seasons, if he thinks it will make for good TV. So there's little point in getting bent out of shape about stuff like this.

For most of its life, Survivor had only had two essential rules: 1. Do not physically assault another player. 2. Do not conspire to split the prize money. It recently added a third: Do not do what Dan Spilo did on S39. 

There are other procedural things that they have to follow as part of being regulated as a game show, including making sure people don't cheat during the challenges and planning in advance when and where they hide the idols, but it's nothing like the NFL as far as rules go. 
I don't think anyone is getting bent out of shape.  It's just an observation and something that, at least in my opinion, shouldn't be allowed. It's an advantage if you can take away the uncertainty of how to strategically play an idol by just asking people who they voted for and/or asking your alliance members if they feel you should play it or not (and for whom) after the votes are cast.  I liked the whispering at TC at first but not it has become a common part of TC.  I don't care much for where the show is headed if they allow talking and strategy to be a part of post-vote TC.  But that's just my opinion.  

I know it isn't a sport with penalties and interpretations of penalties via instant replay, etc.  Never thought of it as such.

Pretty soon Jeff isn't going to have to ask any questions to start TC.  They just get there and start huddling up off to the side to determine who is voting for whom.  And then have another huddle after the votes are cast to determine who voted for whom and if an idol should be played by the alliance or not.  

Agree, they've let TC get out of control between the whispering, the "you play something first", "no you play something, I insist" from the week before, and then this week's "I'm playing something...sike!" 

TC needs a total reset of rules and ways to enforce them. 

They are doing it to try and get a sense from the reactions what to do.  Since it’s allowed no doubt they will keep doing it.  

Users who are viewing this thread