What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Takeo Spikes Torn Achilles? (1 Viewer)

I know Ron Curry has had a lot of problems with achilles injuries, but if I remember correct he came back the following year after each one. Anyone know any other instances and how the players came back. I'm trying to decide if Takeo will likely be back full speed next year.

IIRC, If it is indeed a full Achilies tear, it requires a full year to recover. There were reports that Curry was not at 100% when he went down again so his recovery was not complete. I forget when he went down....FYI: A frustraded Spike owner here....!

IIRC, If it is indeed a full Achilies tear, it requires a full year to recover.  There were reports that Curry was not at 100% when he went down again so his recovery was not complete.  I forget when he went down....

FYI:  A frustraded Spike owner here....!
Curry I believe went down in November or December (I believe December though). Julian Peterson is a guy that had an achillies tear possibly, I don't recall for sure though, during training camp last year and has been fine (think it happened during training camp).Edit - Curry played a game on Dec 5 last year and then nothing the rest of the way. Peterson played his last game on Oct 10. and his was a achillies tendon tear. So two months seperated the two and as of the middle of Sept Peterson was only at 90%, not sure where he is at now.

Last edited by a moderator:
IIRC, If it is indeed a full Achilies tear, it requires a full year to recover.  There were reports that Curry was not at 100% when he went down again so his recovery was not complete.  I forget when he went down....

FYI:  A frustraded Spike owner here....!
Curry I believe went down in November or December (I believe December though). Julian Peterson is a guy that had an achillies tear possibly, I don't recall for sure though, during training camp last year and has been fine (think it happened during training camp).Edit - Curry played a game on Dec 5 last year and then nothing the rest of the way. Peterson played his last game on Oct 10. and his was a achillies tendon tear. So two months seperated the two and as of the middle of Sept Peterson was only at 90%, not sure where he is at now.
Curry has torn his achilles 3 times now. Players take a yr to come back from this and sometimes it will dog them for quite some time. ie Dan Marino.Spikes should be back in time for games next yr

Tom

I know Ron Curry has had a lot of problems with achilles injuries, but if I remember correct he came back the following year after each one. Anyone know any other instances and how the players came back. I'm trying to decide if Takeo will likely be back full speed next year.
Torn achilles ended Jamir Miller's carreer.

Angelo Crowell is definitley worth a pick up. I don't expect he'll put up as many big plays as Spikes, but I anticipate decent production. It all depends on how deep of a league you're in. My league is deep so unfortunately he is already rostered.

Angelo Crowell is definitley worth a pick up. I don't expect he'll put up as many big plays as Spikes, but I anticipate decent production. It all depends on how deep of a league you're in. My league is deep so unfortunately he is already rostered.
I hear that. 90% of the guys talked about in this forum are usually rostered in my dynasty (53-man rosters, 16 teams).

Users who are viewing this thread