What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Talk On The Premium Footballguys Subscriptions... (1 Viewer)

Did You Purchase The Footballguys Season Long Pro, DFS Pro or All Pro Subscriptions Last Year?

• Yes. I purchased in 2019.

Votes: 158 64.2%
  • No. But I purchased in other years before 2019.

Votes: 58 23.6%
  • No. I've never purchased.

Votes: 30 12.2%

• Total voters
Your last sentence there is the difficult part - cater to the paying masses which are the casual guys that more or less want to be told who to start where a relatively simple list of projections will work for that, or spend resources on the smaller segment that would prefer a more targeted and detailed approach about why Player X should be stated this week of Player Y, and none of those guys are top 20 guys as it's more the flex spot. It is not an enviable position to be in as there is no right answer.
Thanks. And apologies for me sounding whiny there. It's a challenge to balance that as you say but it's just life. It's what we've signed up for and trying to make that balance work has been my life for 20 years of this. All good. 

Thanks. And apologies for me sounding whiny there. It's a challenge to balance that as you say but it's just life. It's what we've signed up for and trying to make that balance work has been my life for 20 years of this. All good. 
Not whiny at all -  I think it was a solid explanation on why not every request/want/desire can be met, and that while some requests being received now can't be implemented this year, it doesn't mean it can't be part of a future addition.  But when all is said and done, you do have a business to run, and if an in depth article on IDP players that takes 12 hours of research and 4 hours to write only gets 500 hits, while a basic list of risers/fallers that maybe takes 2 hours gets 5000 hits, it's pretty obvious that from a business perspective you must keep the resources focused on the risers/fallers list. 

Simon Shepherd said:
Hey @PigSkinMan - what exactly do you mean by "algorithm or simulator to provide projections" here? Can you give an example of another tool in the industry that is an equivalent? Just want to make sure I understand you before I write up a wishlist item on this.
Sure, I'll shoot you a PM

Stinkin Ref said:
Just my :2cents: .....but it feels like a thread like this may have been more appropriate sometime shortly after KC hoisted the Lombardi in February.....if looking for feedback, ideas, direction, comments, complaints, etc.....allowing FBG the time to take in the feedback and announce/implement any changes, etc based on what is posted in this thread......and prior to the early bird deadline (6/21) and the upcoming "go time" in August.....June 12th seems a little late to the party....
As Joe said, there is a survey that comes out immediately after the season ends. In fact, when I saw this, I thought it was very similar to those questions.  I like that the question is even asked.  None of the other sites that I've paid for before ever asks what they can do better.  The personal touch - and the actual responses from Joe himself! - shows that these guys care.

I'm not a frequent poster here, mainly lurker, as my main forum activity has always been on Rotoworld as I discovered them first and it is too time consuming for me to manage posting on two forums.  As an aside, I posted very early on when I joined this forum that I find the boards very cluttered and random.  I like how RW has season threads for each player.  Now, I know a whole heck of a lot of people are dynasty players here and they like to see what people thought of Julio Jones when he was first drafted and the thoughts and development of him as a player.  But who honestly goes back to page 1 of a hundred something page thread?  Anyway.

I think people enjoy subbing to a FF website when they feel that it truly gives them a unique advantage. Now in 2020 this no longer means just providing breaking news, coach’s quotes, updates from camp/practice and generic sleeper/bust articles. Any semi-invested FF player will get the important news. These days you probably need something more tangible like an amazing tool(draft dominator is decent, I’d focus on improving it and dedicating as much time as possible to make it easier to use for personal rankings and perhaps merge it with an algorithm or simulator to provide projections, sometime in the future). Then there’s more out of the box things like developing a simulator/algorithm that provides player projections for weekly lineups and rest of season value, I subscribe to a couple of sites that uses these and it’s something that definitely separates a site from the group. It makes the subscriber truly feel like they have a leg up on their league mates and not just paying for a few people’s eye-test based opinions. 

I'm confused with this as well.  Doesn't MyFBG list the weekly projections?  I think somewhere in there there is also a place to see projected points for ROS?  And isn't there a weekly update about ROS value?  I do know that FantasyPros does this.  MyFBG definitely has a ROS value as well.

Joe, I don't know how to prevent this, but I frequently find the "Waiver Wire Report" posted over on the RW forums.  I guess if you're a subscriber, you can do what you want with the content, but it just seems to cheapen your product if somebody is going to give away this paid advice for free.  Not sure why a subscriber would do that.  Guess it's the Instagram/"Let's see how many likes I can get" disease.  Not sure what you can do about it, other than to put out a nice plea to subscribers to keep content here.

I've been a fan of FBG over the last decade or so but find myself enjoying the content less and less each year.  It's still decent, but there's a noticeable decline in the IDP realm which is one of the last frontiers to separate you from the 1000 other sites and free info out there.  

Innovation is great, but I also prefer the rankings and custom team tools prior to myFBG.  

Not to sound like a jerk, but every year you ask this question and every year we tell you that the IDP content is going downhill and you could use more dynasty info.

The IDP content continues to go downhill. Nothing ever seems to be done to correct it on your side. It's feels like we're talking to a wall.

Not to sound like a jerk, but every year you ask this question and every year we tell you that the IDP content is going downhill and you could use more dynasty info.

The IDP content continues to go downhill. Nothing ever seems to be done to correct it on your side. It's feels like we're talking to a wall.
No worries. I don't think that sounds like a jerk. I just don't agree with you it's going downhill. The IDP focus has stayed relatively the same as it has for the last few years. Dynasty is even better this year I believe with the additional work Chad Parsons and Jordan McNamara are doing on the site and with a Footballguys podcast dedicated to Dynasty. 

No worries. I don't think that sounds like a jerk. I just don't agree with you it's going downhill. The IDP focus has stayed relatively the same as it has for the last few years. Dynasty is even better this year I believe with the additional work Chad Parsons and Jordan McNamara are doing on the site and with a Footballguys podcast dedicated to Dynasty. 
Joe, I've been subscribing since 2003 and have played IDP since 1993.  I used to come here first for IDP info and rarely looked elsewhere.  But Moniker is right.  The IDP content has gone way down hill.  Now don't get me wrong, I love Norton's articles, but that seems to be all you have now.  You used to have 4 or 5 guys that would cover IDP and offer different takes, including Jene's expertise that was never replaced.  Take a look under current articles.  Outside of the 8-part IDP Guru articles and camp report, there are a grand total of 2 other articles.  You used to at least have a handful.  Currently, there is another site devoted to IDP that is cranking out at least one article every day.

I realize that IDP is still a smaller segment of the overall industry, but when my league starts 9 IDP's versus 8 Offensive players, info and data on the IDP side is critical.  I feel like if Footballguys is going to continue being the premier leader, you really need to look at beefing this back up.  Just my two cents.

Joe, I've been subscribing since 2003 and have played IDP since 1993.  I used to come here first for IDP info and rarely looked elsewhere.  But Moniker is right.  The IDP content has gone way down hill.  Now don't get me wrong, I love Norton's articles, but that seems to be all you have now.  You used to have 4 or 5 guys that would cover IDP and offer different takes, including Jene's expertise that was never replaced.  Take a look under current articles.  Outside of the 8-part IDP Guru articles and camp report, there are a grand total of 2 other articles.  You used to at least have a handful.  Currently, there is another site devoted to IDP that is cranking out at least one article every day.

I realize that IDP is still a smaller segment of the overall industry, but when my league starts 9 IDP's versus 8 Offensive players, info and data on the IDP side is critical.  I feel like if Footballguys is going to continue being the premier leader, you really need to look at beefing this back up.  Just my two cents.
Thank you @Jedi Knight Our current level with John and Aaron covering IDP is what we've had for the last couple of years. Jene hasn't done IDP in a long time. 

I can appreciate the fact people would like to see us do more IDP than we've done the past couple of years. That's a reasonable request and I completely get that. And a different discussion.

What I take exception to is people saying we're doing less IDP and Dynasty and claiming it's like talking to a wall when the facts are we're doing the same amount of IDP and more Dynasty content than we've done in the past. 

But I totally get folks would like more. Thank you. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe, just a note. I subscribe to your service, and have since 2011. Like Herb said the other day in the PSF, I don't care if the season gets canceled, I don't want any money back. Peace and best of luck. Entrepreneurs have a special place in society and do tons of good, and I'm pulling for you in all your endeavors. Just figured I'd say that in here. Best to you.

Joe, just a note. I subscribe to your service, and have since 2011. Like Herb said the other day in the PSF, I don't care if the season gets canceled, I don't want any money back. Peace and best of luck. Entrepreneurs have a special place in society and do tons of good, and I'm pulling for you in all your endeavors. Just figured I'd say that in here. Best to you.
Thank you Buddy. I appreciate that. Revenues down about 40%. Looking like a thin year where costs stay exactly the same. Not looking for any sympathy as lots of businesses are off more than that. Just reality. But we'll keep grinding. 

Thank you Buddy. I appreciate that. Revenues down about 40%. Looking like a thin year where costs stay exactly the same. Not looking for any sympathy as lots of businesses are off more than that. Just reality. But we'll keep grinding. 
Oof. I can't say I'm surprised or that you would be, but it still must hurt nonetheless (hurts me to hear. I love this place). Best again. If you need any free help in an editing capacity or anything, let me know. I have the time, and anything that makes articles go to print easier, or takes a step from somebody paid so that they can concentrate on other things is something I may be able to help out with in some capacity.

I hope you applied for a PPP loan to soften this blow.

Thanks. Moving up the date an article is published is absolutely a conversation we can have. I don't know if it's possible but it's something to talk about. That's massively different than being accused of regularly being tardy with an article and even worse, accusing us of shrugging it off like johnybgood did. Thanks for the clarification.

It's always a balance between time and quality on when things come out. We could create a waiver wire article Monday morning. And the quality would be terrible with so much unknown. We could create a waiver wire article Saturday night, and the quality would be great but the value would be nearly useless as waivers had already run. We'll try to look at that balance. 
This might be naive, but I would make the trade-off for "fuzzier but early" WW-related content that is updated each day with "the best of what we know right now." Not sure if the average person is ok with that trade off, but even seeing a prelim list Sunday night with what you're looking for info-wise in the coming days would be cool and helpful. I realize this is basically a request for more content, but I think the lift on basically posting the early draft version of a WW report hopefully wouldn't be too huge a lift.

I'll add a comment without reading all the discussion that has happened...apologies if I'm missing the point or beating dead horses.

I've been a site visitor for as long as I can remember.  While I've only met a few folks IRL, this board is my "online home," to some extent.  Even my wife has grown to understand and sometimes says, "Ask the guys on your football board."  I started paying for the premium content maybe 10 years ago or so (can't remember exactly).  My key selling points were the draft dominator (best draft tool I've ever found) and various articles as well as the real-time e-mail updates (my league was no-waivers at one point).  With these tools, I used to dominate my league - top 3 regular season almost every year, playoffs were a crap-shoot, but I had my share.  

I stopped subscribing after the price increase a few years ago.  I think it was last year if I remember correctly.  It was really a combination of things for me.  1) I'm "adulting" differently these days.  When I started, I was in my early 20's - no kids.  Fantasy was a big part of life.  Now I'm in my 40's, two kids, wife, house and a job that has horrible workload spikes that coincide with draft time.  I used to start researching for drafts months in advance.  This year, it was about 5 hours prior to my drafts.  I used to follow along with my online draft in the Draft Dominator to make sure I had the best value-based pick.  Now I run out to work on dinner between picks.  2) Content shifted more towards things I didn't do.  I don't do DFS at all.  Don't even know how they work.  The DFS content has zero value to me.  3) Lastly and most relevantly to JB most likely - the price increase was, in my eyes, too much all at once.  I wouldn't call my self price-sensitive, but I'm price increase sensitive.  It wasn't so much the amount of the subscription as it was the increase year-over-year.  If we had gotten 10% price increases for 5 years, compounding to where we landed in 2019, I'd probably have been fine with it.  It was the all-at-once jump.  Same thing happened with a local restaurant.  We used to do carry-out 2-3x a month from there.  They jacked their prices up over 25% overnight.  Left such a bad taste in my mouth that I stopped going altogether.  I'm in finance and work with Price/Volume analysis all the time.  Looking at the results of the survey, if I exclude the folks who never subscribed, 1/4 of the folks on here used to subscribe and don't any more.  As long as the price increase earned on the folks who stayed made up for the 1/4 of volume lost, It was the right move for the site as a business.  I can't fault anyone for trying to profit, so I get it.  I'm just a casualty of the price increase.  Others make up my lost volume.  I'll still come here.  I'll still read whatever I can for free as I still think it's the best fantasy site on the web.  

sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but is the Mobile app not part of the subscription? I think it was last year, but that might have been a beta version. That same version is telling me to update it to the new 2020 version (Android) but the new version asking for payment.

Only did draft dominator this season.  It's a great tool that I can customize to my crazy league settings. 

I'm a bit pissed about imposed vacations from the politics forum, especially leading up to the season when I'm researching.....prolly should just steer clear of that place.  But I'm not a fan of how it's moderated......that said, I do not envy those who have to do it.

Fat Nick said:
I'll add a comment without reading all the discussion that has happened...apologies if I'm missing the point or beating dead horses.

I've been a site visitor for as long as I can remember.  While I've only met a few folks IRL, this board is my "online home," to some extent.  Even my wife has grown to understand and sometimes says, "Ask the guys on your football board."  I started paying for the premium content maybe 10 years ago or so (can't remember exactly).  My key selling points were the draft dominator (best draft tool I've ever found) and various articles as well as the real-time e-mail updates (my league was no-waivers at one point).  With these tools, I used to dominate my league - top 3 regular season almost every year, playoffs were a crap-shoot, but I had my share.  

I stopped subscribing after the price increase a few years ago.  I think it was last year if I remember correctly.  It was really a combination of things for me.  1) I'm "adulting" differently these days.  When I started, I was in my early 20's - no kids.  Fantasy was a big part of life.  Now I'm in my 40's, two kids, wife, house and a job that has horrible workload spikes that coincide with draft time.  I used to start researching for drafts months in advance.  This year, it was about 5 hours prior to my drafts.  I used to follow along with my online draft in the Draft Dominator to make sure I had the best value-based pick.  Now I run out to work on dinner between picks.  2) Content shifted more towards things I didn't do.  I don't do DFS at all.  Don't even know how they work.  The DFS content has zero value to me.  3) Lastly and most relevantly to JB most likely - the price increase was, in my eyes, too much all at once.  I wouldn't call my self price-sensitive, but I'm price increase sensitive.  It wasn't so much the amount of the subscription as it was the increase year-over-year.  If we had gotten 10% price increases for 5 years, compounding to where we landed in 2019, I'd probably have been fine with it.  It was the all-at-once jump.  Same thing happened with a local restaurant.  We used to do carry-out 2-3x a month from there.  They jacked their prices up over 25% overnight.  Left such a bad taste in my mouth that I stopped going altogether.  I'm in finance and work with Price/Volume analysis all the time.  Looking at the results of the survey, if I exclude the folks who never subscribed, 1/4 of the folks on here used to subscribe and don't any more.  As long as the price increase earned on the folks who stayed made up for the 1/4 of volume lost, It was the right move for the site as a business.  I can't fault anyone for trying to profit, so I get it.  I'm just a casualty of the price increase.  Others make up my lost volume.  I'll still come here.  I'll still read whatever I can for free as I still think it's the best fantasy site on the web.  
Thanks for the feedback.

Not sure what you mean on the price increase. We've been at $39.95 for the Season Long Pro for the last 3 years without an increase even though our costs to operate have risen steadily. 

Fully understand on having no interest in DFS. Lots of folks are that way and that's why we make the Season Long Pro separate from the DFS Pro. 

Thanks for the insight on shifting priorities. I think a lot of people do that as they move through different life stages. I know I have in other areas. 

Thanks for the time you did subscribe. That helped us get to where we are and hopefully to move forward. 

sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but is the Mobile app not part of the subscription? I think it was last year, but that might have been a beta version. That same version is telling me to update it to the new 2020 version (Android) but the new version asking for payment.
That's correct @Pigskin Fanatic. The mobile apps purchased from Apple or Google are completely separate. For people that purchase the subscription. the subscription includes online versions of the Draft Dominator and League dominator that identical to the mobile apps. Thanks. 

BassNBrew said:
I hope you applied for a PPP loan to soften this blow.
Not much help to us as a ton of our costs are via contractors. Oh well. I'm sure that money will go to good use for the folks that were able to get it. 

Purchased the last 4 years, and have been very pleased with the value. The premium access articles are excellent & the DD is a very useful tool. Will subscribe again next year. 

:thumbup:

Please take a look at quality over quantity. We really don’t need an upgrade/downgrade list that has 90% of the nfl players and moves then solely on the prior Sunday performance or an injury. Tom Brady throws for 4 tds one week and is upgraded. Next week he only tosses one and is downgraded. Nothing else changed.  

I don’t need to know jamis Winston is an upgrade if brees blows his acl   Your injury report will have this covered.  I want to know that Barkley is an upgrade because he has two starting linemen coming back and his red zone targets have increased consistently over the last 3 weeks .  Or maybe that he just came off a tough run defense schedule and will be facing cupcakes the next month

It would be much more useful to have fewer players to focus on. I really like your preseason articles that are based on staff votes. Would love to see an in season upgrade/downgrade list where you only discuss players getting multiple votes. 
Wanted to revisit here.

To make sure I'm clear on what you're saying.

In past years, our Upgrade/Downgrade Waiver report from Sig has been like this. 

https://subscribers.footballguys.com/2019/19updownwaiver-10.php

This is a BIG feature where Sig covers a ton of players noting which way they're moving. This is key. A bench player may have something happen to make him a barely startable player that would land him on the "upgrade" list. He's still barely startable.

A great QB might lose a key weapon. He's still an every week starter, but he might land on the Downgrade list. 

Sig gives the list and then goes back and writes a 2-3 sentence reacap on every player. It's a lot. This one is something like 8000 words.

In the "quality over quantity" idea, you'd rather see much fewer players covered but more detail?

Had a couple times I think in the past or at least the DD.  This year purchased for a number of reasons.   I had not done a tone of research and felt the extra help would be nice predraft and though out the year.  And as we have come through and are going through this covid crap...its good to support the businesses and people you believe in and good people around you.  Be it local restaurants or what have you.  

Wanted to revisit here.

To make sure I'm clear on what you're saying.

In past years, our Upgrade/Downgrade Waiver report from Sig has been like this. 

https://subscribers.footballguys.com/2019/19updownwaiver-10.php

This is a BIG feature where Sig covers a ton of players noting which way they're moving. This is key. A bench player may have something happen to make him a barely startable player that would land him on the "upgrade" list. He's still barely startable.

A great QB might lose a key weapon. He's still an every week starter, but he might land on the Downgrade list. 

Sig gives the list and then goes back and writes a 2-3 sentence reacap on every player. It's a lot. This one is something like 8000 words.

In the "quality over quantity" idea, you'd rather see much fewer players covered but more detail?
Short answer, YES.

If you go back and look at last years articles, a majority of the players were an upgrade or downgrade based on the prior weeks performance.  You have QBs that would be upgraded then downgraded then upgraded then downgraded based on the prior weeks stats.

If don't know what to tell you about injury upgrades.  It's pretty obvious that Tua is an upgrade if Fitz tears his ACL.  I can see going either way on that.

What I don't want to see is an upgrade to Sammie Watkins based on his stats this week followed by a downgrade to Watkins next week when he disappears.  If you want to upgrade Watkins I want reasons like Robinson has lost Mahomes trust with his drops.  With Hill bracketed, Watkins was Mahomes first read on a majority of the KC passing plays.  CEH performance made it clear that KC opponents will have to respect their running game.  Watkins is the tallest KC WR and over the last four games has become a reliable redone option for the Chiefs.  Match ups in the next 4 weeks point towards continued production for Watkins.  

I want Sig to have conviction in his upgrade reasons.  Next week when Watkins busts but the other factors stay the same, their should not be a downgrade.  Watkins shouldn't be discussed again until their is clear evidence that the items Sig based his upgrade on have fundamentally changed and it's not a product of game script or weather.

I want Sig's upgrades based on things that aren't apparent to me as a causal fan.  I want them based on the analysis of a seasoned ff expert, not someone pursuing the prior weeks stat sheets.  Maybe have him take the Waldman approach but increase the "10 things you need to know" to maybe 50 players with obviously a little less detail than what Waldman provides.  Maybe have the article focus on 4 QBs, 8 RBs, 8 WRs, 4 TEs, and 1 K you are upgrading and the same number you are downgrading.  

eta - And I understand that this is my wish list and you may be better served catering to other customers with something different.

Short answer, YES.

If you go back and look at last years articles, a majority of the players were an upgrade or downgrade based on the prior weeks performance.  You have QBs that would be upgraded then downgraded then upgraded then downgraded based on the prior weeks stats.

If don't know what to tell you about injury upgrades.  It's pretty obvious that Tua is an upgrade if Fitz tears his ACL.  I can see going either way on that.

What I don't want to see is an upgrade to Sammie Watkins based on his stats this week followed by a downgrade to Watkins next week when he disappears.  If you want to upgrade Watkins I want reasons like Robinson has lost Mahomes trust with his drops.  With Hill bracketed, Watkins was Mahomes first read on a majority of the KC passing plays.  CEH performance made it clear that KC opponents will have to respect their running game.  Watkins is the tallest KC WR and over the last four games has become a reliable redone option for the Chiefs.  Match ups in the next 4 weeks point towards continued production for Watkins.  

I want Sig to have conviction in his upgrade reasons.  Next week when Watkins busts but the other factors stay the same, their should not be a downgrade.  Watkins shouldn't be discussed again until their is clear evidence that the items Sig based his upgrade on have fundamentally changed and it's not a product of game script or weather.

I want Sig's upgrades based on things that aren't apparent to me as a causal fan.  I want them based on the analysis of a seasoned ff expert, not someone pursuing the prior weeks stat sheets.  Maybe have him take the Waldman approach but increase the "10 things you need to know" to maybe 50 players with obviously a little less detail than what Waldman provides.  Maybe have the article focus on 4 QBs, 8 RBs, 8 WRs, 4 TEs, and 1 K you are upgrading and the same number you are downgrading.  
It's pretty insulting to think Sig's upgrades or downgrades are just based just on last week's stats. I won't even go there.

Main thing I want people to be good with is this article is likely going to about half as long. I think it might be better that way. 

We just changed the Rushing Passing Matchups to hit on the notable matchups and not waste words on all the matchups that don't really matter. I think the feature is much better now and the response to it has been off the chart positive.

I think a less is more approach here might be good too. 

It's pretty insulting to think Sig's upgrades or downgrades are just based just on last week's stats. I won't even go there.

Main thing I want people to be good with is this article is likely going to about half as long. I think it might be better that way. 

We just changed the Rushing Passing Matchups to hit on the notable matchups and not waste words on all the matchups that don't really matter. I think the feature is much better now and the response to it has been off the chart positive.

I think a less is more approach here might be good too. 
It's not insulting, it's the perception of this customer and several others that have posted here.  Can you please explain why Allen, Winston, and even Brees yo-yo back and forth on the upgrade/downgrade list?  If you followed the advice of this article last year you were buying high and seeing low more often than not.  Quiet honestly it read as if "I have to put something together that touches all the bases because that's what my boss wants".  Given the massive quantity or players on the list and how fast Sig put this out, I can't imagine much in depth thought being put into it.  It was a massive mission he was tackling so kudos for him accomplishing this in a timely manner every week last year.  

I agree that less is more.  Do you think Waldman's 10 things you need to know would be nearly as good if it was 200 things you need to know?  Do you think a customer would put more faith in a 10 things you need to know or a 200 things you need to know?

It's not insulting, it's the perception of this customer and several others that have posted here.  Can you please explain why Allen, Winston, and even Brees yo-yo back and forth on the upgrade/downgrade list?  If you followed the advice of this article last year you were buying high and seeing low more often than not.  Quiet honestly it read as if "I have to put something together that touches all the bases because that's what my boss wants".  Given the massive quantity or players on the list and how fast Sig put this out, I can't imagine much in depth thought being put into it.  It was a massive mission he was tackling so kudos for him accomplishing this in a timely manner every week last year.  

I agree that less is more.  Do you think Waldman's 10 things you need to know would be nearly as good if it was 200 things you need to know?  Do you think a customer would put more faith in a 10 things you need to know or a 200 things you need to know?
If you've ever read more than 3 things Sigmund has written, to say his upgrades downgrades are just based just on last week's stats is insulting to him. Full stop. 

We'll take a look at what we can do there and maybe look at making this feature a ton less words and going deeper on much fewer players. Thanks for the feedback. 

I feel ya Joe.  Our Business rev will be down close to 75% for the year (95% over the past 5 months).  We’re going to make it out likely but the next 2 years (if they are “normal”) will likely not fill the hole that’s been dug.  Truly unprecedented times.  

I feel ya Joe.  Our Business rev will be down close to 75% for the year (95% over the past 5 months).  We’re going to make it out likely but the next 2 years (if they are “normal”) will likely not fill the hole that’s been dug.  Truly unprecedented times.  

Best of luck/success DKP.

If you've ever read more than 3 things Sigmund has written, to say his upgrades downgrades are just based just on last week's stats is insulting to him. Full stop. 

We'll take a look at what we can do there and maybe look at making this feature a ton less words and going deeper on much fewer players. Thanks for the feedback. 
I spent 30 minutes typing out a reply with examples and the board software wiped it out.  I'll summarize....your post is condescending and you side step the questions posed.  I have much respect for Bloom's work, but compared one of the upgrade/downgrade articles to this https://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=2020-dynasty-buy-low-sell-high-tight-ends and you'll have your full stop.

I spent 30 minutes typing out a reply with examples and the board software wiped it out.  I'll summarize....your post is condescending and you side step the questions posed.  I have much respect for Bloom's work, but compared one of the upgrade/downgrade articles to this https://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=2020-dynasty-buy-low-sell-high-tight-ends and you'll have your full stop.
@Joe Bryant Joe - I have to say I agree with BassNBrew wholeheartedly, and I absolutely think Bloom is amazing. What he said about customer perception is accurate - you can see it differently or disagree,  but it is what it is.

i do love the idea that less is more - with matchups or upgrades / downgrades. BassNBrew said it very eloquently - I would love to see things in these articles I can’t come up with by myself, even if I dedicated time to it. That’s where Booom shines.

Original 3 digiter and have been subscribing forever. Zero interest in DFS so I’m glad you broke that out. Content is good and has served me well over the years. I think I have Dodd’s perfect draft articles memorized. 
I haven’t used FBGs to do mocks. I go to several other sites to do that. One way to draw more potential subscribers would be to become the best mock site on the planet. Just a thought. 

I think you’re accurately pressure testing the market with pricing. I’ve thought about it the last few years. Honestly probably do it out of loyalty and because I get my money’s worth just from the forums. Otherwise I likely wouldn’t pay the current price for the current content. 

I buy mostly for Draft Dominator and the Subscriber Contest. I do use the weekly lineup tool some. I have been around forever and would probably just keep subscribing for loyalty. I wish there was more breakdown on preseason and weekly player projections. I still mostly like to make my own projections. Getting rationale on counterpoints would be helpful. 

I don’t remember how far I go back but it’s far. This handle goes back to 2004. I’ve subscribed every year. Like a lot of people like Judge above, I’ll pay regardless how much I use the content as I think I owe it to you just for the boards. I’ve mentioned this to you before, but I can’t thank you enough for the community you’ve built here.

On to the content:

DD - after a period of time where it was rotten for Mac users, I think you guys pivoted nicely to what it is now. One thing it needs desperately is an undo button.  Unless I’m blind, I cannot figure out how to do this other than doing a middraft trade which is a pain. Even if the feature is in there somewhere, it should be a big red button on the main page. Otherwise it’s a great tool and quite upsetting that I now have another league member in my most important league using it. 

Trade Dominator and Lineup Dominator - new to using these but definitely a huge step up from crunching trade values of of the top 200 forward list. 

Site - in general, the UI is dated and cluttered. A lot of the quality content you have can be hard to navigate to, and if you’re brand new to FBG, it’s on you to figure it out.  If a new user is qualifying you over one of the others, this will matter. More mobile optimization as well as a more dynamic UI/layout would be a huge help.  In fact, I actually believe this would be a gigantic win for you. Example - I’ve been here for years and am just now digging into the podcasts. Why? Because I could barely see them, and I’ve got the guys on Sirius yelling at me to listen to theirs on the SXM app constantly (speaking of, how do you guys get on Sirius?).

Pages I enjoy most - WW/upgrade/downgrade, top200 forward/weekly projections (love that you can customize these), rookie rankings (as mentioned, more rookie and dynasty content needed - although I’m still mostly a redraft guy)

Articles I enjoy most - all things strategy.

ANALOGY - you’re like the brainy girl with glasses in the movie. You’re the most quality girl in the movie but no one pays attention to you because you’re wearing frumpy clothes and glasses. If you put on some yoga pants, take off the glasses and remove the ponytail, you’d be a smoke show. 

TLDR - I like the content but stuffs hard to see/find

Thanks for the feedback.

Not sure what you mean on the price increase. We've been at $39.95 for the Season Long Pro for the last 3 years without an increase even though our costs to operate have risen steadily. 

Fully understand on having no interest in DFS. Lots of folks are that way and that's why we make the Season Long Pro separate from the DFS Pro. 

Thanks for the insight on shifting priorities. I think a lot of people do that as they move through different life stages. I know I have in other areas. 

Thanks for the time you did subscribe. That helped us get to where we are and hopefully to move forward. 
Joe,

To be fair, I may have my timeline way off.  Sometimes what seems like last year was a while ago.  I just recall that at one point, my annual cost went up a lot.  I'd have to go back and look through my old CC receipts to see how it played out.  I think at one point I bought a multi-year membership - maybe I'm comparing the cost of that on an annualized basis vs. what it was when I went to renew.  I just recall there being a bump - and that coincided with when my time for FFB really dropped unfortunately.  

I'd love to see a "FBG light" membership where we could get some of the subscriber content, but not all of it - I know it's a tricky business proposition, because in addition to gaining a few folks like myself, you'd lose a few "full members" to the lower plan if it were offered...I'm not sure what your take would be on if that would be a net gain or decline I guess.

I used the lineup builder for DFS for the first time ever.  Made 33 lineups in DK's $5 an entry contest- made $300.  I came in 451st of 1.2 million people and that lineup only was $150.00 crazy. 

Joe,

To be fair, I may have my timeline way off.  Sometimes what seems like last year was a while ago.  I just recall that at one point, my annual cost went up a lot.  I'd have to go back and look through my old CC receipts to see how it played out.  I think at one point I bought a multi-year membership - maybe I'm comparing the cost of that on an annualized basis vs. what it was when I went to renew.  I just recall there being a bump - and that coincided with when my time for FFB really dropped unfortunately.  

I'd love to see a "FBG light" membership where we could get some of the subscriber content, but not all of it - I know it's a tricky business proposition, because in addition to gaining a few folks like myself, you'd lose a few "full members" to the lower plan if it were offered...I'm not sure what your take would be on if that would be a net gain or decline I guess.
I hear you. Yesterday can be a long time off sometimes. I just wanted to be clear as I take those kinds of accusations seriously.

We stopped doing the multi year deals as we had it discounted so heavily it was essentially just borrowing money from the subscribers at a super steep interest rate. Just wasn't the best thing for us. 

And yes, different levels is something we've toyed around with but never given too much thought too. Maybe something to consider for the future. Thanks for sharing the feedback, all that is helpful. 

@Joe Bryant

Forget everything I mentioned upthread if you read. It’s all on me. I’ve been around for so damn long I never updated my bookmarks appropriately. Now I’m better configured, and all of my concerns are addressed. 

Never has my avatar been so appropriate. 

love you man

:bag:

@Joe Bryant

Forget everything I mentioned upthread if you read. It’s all on me. I’ve been around for so damn long I never updated my bookmarks appropriately. Now I’m better configured, and all of my concerns are addressed. 

Never has my avatar been so appropriate. 

love you man

:bag:
Dude. No worries. Love you too. 

I mostly do not pay--I bought a subscription once a long time ago because it included Matt Waldman's draft guide that year.  

I did pay for a year long subscription this year and it was because I was watching Bloom On The Couch with Waldman and Dr. Jene and it was a program where they actually talked about the Pandemic and BLM and what everyone was going through.  I really like those guys and want to support them.  It was more to support people whose work I respect and whom I like rather than feeling like I need the advice.

@Joe Bryant Joe - I have to say I agree with BassNBrew wholeheartedly, and I absolutely think Bloom is amazing. What he said about customer perception is accurate - you can see it differently or disagree,  but it is what it is.

i do love the idea that less is more - with matchups or upgrades / downgrades. BassNBrew said it very eloquently - I would love to see things in these articles I can’t come up with by myself, even if I dedicated time to it. That’s where Booom shines.
I also agree 100%. We've had this conversation before in this forum with Joe, and he has reacted similarly... including on pages 2-3 of this thread. :shrug:  

Another significant change after listening to feedback - we've completely revamped what we were doing with the Game Recaps and replaced them with a new feature with Sigmund Bloom giving his concise takes on what needs to be known from each game. https://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=2020-need-to-know-week-02

It's tons more actionable and brings value to the reader.

The Game Recaps were good but I didn't feel they were bringing enough value as you could get something too similar from ESPN or other sites. The value we bring is a unique look from Sig and sifting through the haystack of 2 hours of the game for the nuggets you need to know. We'll keep polishing this but I love it and the response has been great. 

Another significant change after listening to feedback - we've completely revamped what we were doing with the Game Recaps and replaced them with a new feature with Sigmund Bloom giving his concise takes on what needs to be known from each game. https://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=2020-need-to-know-week-02

The Game Recaps were good but I didn't feel they were bringing enough value as you could get something too similar from ESPN or other sites. The value we bring is a unique look from Sig and sifting through the haystack of 2 hours of the game for the nuggets you need to know. We'll keep polishing this but I love it and the response has been great. 
I like

I also like, Just like your training camp what you need to know feature - it gives you a snapshot of the pulse of each team in quick snippets in a world of often info overload! 

Dacomish said:
I also like, Just like your training camp what you need to know feature - it gives you a snapshot of the pulse of each team in quick snippets in a world of often info overload! 
Thanks @Dacomish   The overwhelming response to the Training Camp summary was a big part of this. I get it. People are busy and they want the goods without a lot of noise. And like has been discussed here, they want the stuff that brings value that they're not getting in 5 other spots. 

I'm liking this more all the time. 

Joe Bryant said:

THAT was a phenomenal read. THANK YOU. For me, instantly went to one of the top pieces of content on FBG. Well done, and thank you for listening.

Joe Bryant said:

Big fan. Was first thing I saw and read today on the Season Long Coverage weekly homepage.

Users who are viewing this thread