What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Dalton Kincaid, BUF (1 Viewer)

Kincaid or Pitts in dynasty?
Kincaid, easily. Better system, and support.
Things can change though - what if Atlanta gets a big upgrade at QB (and coach)?

I also have both and going to be evaluating this over the next 11 weeks.
I also have both on a team and really like Kincaid but would be Pitts easily for me.

Not that this is a reason, it's not, but Pitts is actually one year younger. Injuries and QB play have limited him, these things will change.

Would you say the same if you knew Atlanta's QB and coaching would stay about the same? It seems clear that Pitts has more athletic ability and potential than Kincaid, but potentially being the #2 safety net target for Allen is a pretty ideal situation. Normally I favor talent over situation but this one is pushing the limits.

Wouldn’t have said that when Pitts was drafted. Remember when he was being hailed as a generational talent? Look how the mighty has fallen, and I still have high hopes for him.
I was that guy last year screaming from the mountain tops that Pitts is a generational talent and a can't miss stud. Arguably one of my biggest whiffs of all time.. Having said that. I still think I'd slightly lean Pitts over Kincaid here. So close for me. I just want a TD tonight from Kincaid. Ha ha

Things can change though - what if Atlanta gets a big upgrade at QB (and coach)?

I also have both on a team and really like Kincaid but would be Pitts easily for me.

Not that this is a reason, it's not, but Pitts is actually one year younger. Injuries and QB play have limited him, these things will change.

Would you say the same if you knew Atlanta's QB and coaching would stay about the same? It seems clear that Pitts has more athletic ability and potential than Kincaid, but potentially being the #2 safety net target for Allen is a pretty ideal situation. Normally I favor talent over situation but this one is pushing the limits.
Jonnu Smith in TE premium leagues I mainly play has been TE9 since week 2. With Smith and Ridder.

Pitts put up 1K as we all know as a rookie....with Smith as his coach.

I don't believe Pitts has been fully healthy since his rookie season. Dealt with hamstring issues last year before his MCL. That he's taken so long to recover is a little odd and slightly concerning but IMO that's been his major issue. Health. Still not 100%.

The QB play is a bigger issue then the coach. I think they want to upgrade but are not trying to reach. I don't think they are blind to Ridder but making the best of the situation. They have their cap in order and a lot of QB's available this off-season I expect them to pursue.

They'll have to decide to pick Pitts 5th year option or not after this season. They likely do, but if the situation is the problem for Pitts just pointing out this situation does not last forever.

Teams don't respect Kincaid as a TE right now. When he enters the game they don't change their base defense and the Bills have not been more successful running out of 12 personnel. His size/blocking is more of an issue then I anticipated. It's going to make it hard for him to seize the role they envisioned for him. Knox is signed long term and his base is low next year and I'd say it's likely he holds onto the traditional TE role.

Kincaid may be set up great tonight but for this season and next at least both have some issues/hindrances to their ability to produce. In such a case I side with the younger player I also view as a greater talent. This is easy to me but I'll be happy to see Kincaid make me look silly tonight.

PFF

START

Dalton Kincaid, Buffalo Bills

• The Bills’ first-round rookie led the team in receptions and receiving yards in Week 7.
  • He played in two-tight end sets and split playing time with Dawson Knox in 11 personnel, as usual, but he saw an elevated target share.
  • Knox and third-string tight end Quintin Morris are out this week, which means a significant increase in playing time for Kincaid.
  • He would have been a fantasy starter against any opponent, but the matchup against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Week 8 is especially enticing.
  • The Buccaneers are one of six teams to use zone defense on 80% or more of passing plays. Kincaid has averaged 1.62 yards per route run against zone compared to 0.43 against man.

That’s amazing, almost hard to believe.

I'm a big fan.....please don't take this the wrong way, but with some continued progress and development...the way he plays seems closer to Kelce than anybody else I can think of right now...
I definitely have a dog in the fight having chosen him over LaPorta. I get why LaPorta has leaped to the top of the dynasty TE rankings. That kind of production at that position out of the gate as a rookie is truly finding a unicorn.

With that said, I chose Kincaid based on the belief that he had the best shot of developing into a player that could show shades of Kelce. The LaPorta comparison at the time was here's your next Kittle or Hockenson.

You can't ignore LaPorta's production, even if there's some busted coverage for long, wide open TDs in there. But Kincaid's sideline grab over David and TD was enough to convince me that this TE battle is still wide open for anyone that prioritized Kincaid for the long haul in dynasty.

If you don’t want to be in on Pitts this year, that’s fine. He probably still won’t get help from his team’s passing volume, and his QB remains iffy.

But if you’re “out” on Pitts because you just think he’s an overrated talent, then you’re setting yourself up to lose out when things do break right for him. We recommend changing that mindset.
I don't know how I breakdown the youngsters: Pitts, LaPorta, Kincad but I absolutely agree that Pitts is super talented and is not someone I would be ready to sell at any discount if I had him (I don't because everyone knows I am ETN vs the World).

That's more like it. No reason why this can't continue. Bills should get a little more creative with Cook out of the backfield and they would appear near unstoppable on offense. The extra few days of rest after a TNF game should do them good. Nice to see what Kincaid is capable and IMO this is the tip of the iceberg.

It was especially impressive since the Bucs were very aware of Kincaid early. He was covered. But they still found a way to get him involved and he creates opportunities. Love that he’s not just a “turnaround, catch and drop” TE. Can run in space and I get the Kelce comparisons.

If you don’t want to be in on Pitts this year, that’s fine. He probably still won’t get help from his team’s passing volume, and his QB remains iffy.

But if you’re “out” on Pitts because you just think he’s an overrated talent, then you’re setting yourself up to lose out when things do break right for him. We recommend changing that mindset.
I don't know how I breakdown the youngsters: Pitts, LaPorta, Kincad but I absolutely agree that Pitts is super talented and is not someone I would be ready to sell at any discount if I had him (I don't because everyone knows I am ETN vs the World).

I own all 4 of those players on the same FFPC(TE premium) team that allows us to start 3 TE's. I'm looking forward to the future for sure.

Only mention that to say I have gone through a process of sorting them out vs each other but it typically just gives me tired head and I quit but I do have a leaning, not a strong one and think any of them can sit atop the TE throne one day but this is how I rank them today.

Laporta to me is easiliy the one I'd rather own for the ROS and to me that's not close. He's a must start, only guy in this group I can say that about when Knox returns. He's also the youngest, extremely talented and off to a historic start. His combo of current production and future makes him hard to not rank at the top here. Pitts is all about what can be, Laporta is about what is as well as what can be. My only real concern is he's probably going to lose Ben Johnson.

View Pitts as easily the most talented pass catcher, a legit starting caliber X receiver masquerading as a TE. Still view him as a true generatioanl talent as a receiving TE. But there is more to it for fantasy success especially in a league that gives TE's 1.5 points just for making a catch. His health has been a big issue but the other major issue is he just does not get a lot of the easier higher percentage targets. That is acually a bigger concern for me then his health or the QB. London, Bijan, Jonnu currently, those guys dominating the short to intermediate middle of the field stuff. Pitts is really a WR in this offense, don't know updated numbers but heading into last week barely averaged 2 routes, not targets, routes per game as a TE.

Kincaid still has some obstacles. I do not think we have arrived though the next 3 weeks or until Knox returns should be really good. Still don't know how this is going to look with Knox. They just don't trust Kincaid as a blocker and their 12 personel packages were not functioning well at all. Kincaid's a super smooth receiver, it's really possible he and Allen forge a Kelce/Mahomes like connection and I really don't see any way Kincaid is not a big to huge fantasy success if/when he's an everydown player. Just got to hope his blocking does not keep that from happening for awhile and Knox is signed to a long term contract and returning next year seems like a guarantee.

I know this is a Kincaid thread and fwiw my investment in him in more then any of the other two so I'm pulling for him, next few weeks should be good, tbd after that.

Sure wish I didn't drop him weeks ago...
Yeah, I cut him on Friday to cure a kicker bye issue, thinking I could pick him up again when waivers ran, since nobody in my league seemed interested in him. Of course, when Knox went down and he had a good game on Sunday, that strategy was out the window.

Most dropped him. It's hard to keep a backup TE scoring 5 pts a week.
Yep, I assumed he would be available to make a bid this week. I thought with playing on TH he might slip under the radar by the time Tuesday rolls around. Nope. He unfortunately got drafted by "that guy" who rarely makes roster moves and would allow a backup TE barely scoring points to just linger on his bench. I guess patience does pay off...idleness as well.

Also dropped him in one league. Went to find him, but he'd been scooped.

Scooped!

Have him another league. Held him because I figured there was nobody else on the wire in a sixteen-team league worth it. That'll pay off these next few weeks.

Yep, I assumed he would be available to make a bid this week. I thought with playing on TH he might slip under the radar by the time Tuesday rolls around. Nope. He unfortunately got drafted by "that guy" who rarely makes roster moves and would allow a backup TE barely scoring points to just linger on his bench. I guess patience does pay off...idleness as well.

Scooped!

Have him another league. Held him because I figured there was nobody else on the wire in a sixteen-team league worth it. That'll pay off these next few weeks.
Hate when that guy who makes just his 2nd total roster move to date in week 7 takes my guy. Smh

Traded this week for Achane and Kincaid was in the deal with him - me getting both. It went through before TNF and word about Knox going on IR. I feel like I robbed a dude.

Scooped!

Hate when that guy who makes just his 2nd total roster move to date in week 7 takes my guy. Smh

In one league I got outbid by a guy who’s made one FAAB bid all year. I did land Schultz for cheap but Kincaid would have been nice for how consistently good he’s been.

Seriously considering promoting him from the taxi and starting over Andrews.
Probably not but he’s doing great.

Knox practiced in full. Probably just about to be activated. Kincaid was getting solid targets without him. Gonna be interesting what this looks like with both active again.

Knox practiced in full. Probably just about to be activated. Kincaid was getting solid targets without him. Gonna be interesting what this looks like with both active again.
Kincaid is a talented guy but really hard to see how Knox coming back would be a good thing statistically for Dalton.

Kincaid is a talented guy but really hard to see how Knox coming back would be a good thing statistically for Dalton.
Agreed. Even if knox only gets 3 targets a game it really hurts Kincaid. Bills in a tricky situation. You don't want to hinder Kincaids development, but you play your guys. Worst possible timing for us fantasy nerds.

Agreed. Even if knox only gets 3 targets a game it really hurts Kincaid. Bills in a tricky situation. You don't want to hinder Kincaids development, but you play your guys. Worst possible timing for us fantasy nerds.
Kincaid looks like the 2nd best option in this offense that has been begging for a consistent 2nd threat behind Diggs for years now. I think his usage doesn't change much with Knox back.

Kincaid looks like the 2nd best option in this offense that has been begging for a consistent 2nd threat behind Diggs for years now. I think his usage doesn't change much with Knox back.
Me either. They were having issues trying to figure out how to work Kincaid into the offense before Knox went down but that ship sailed. Kincaid is now a staple and they'll figure out ways to incorporate Knox. This is not really any different then say Tank Dell and Noah Brown where an injury to Brown helped elevate Tank to a bigger role and once he had there was no looking back.

What is a bit of a concern however is that I believe in Joe Brady's two games as the OC that Kincaid has either been totally shut out in the second half or at most has one catch. Not sure what's up with his half time adjustments but whatever he's doing it's not been conducive to Kincaid.

What are people expecting out of Kincaid tonight?

I'm reading he was game-scripted out of the last week's plan vs the Cowboys, once the Cowboys NT got knocked out and the Bills figured out they could run at will, up the gut, vs the Dallas D. Knox, the better blocker, got most play.

Chargers seem to be in disarray. Seems to me like the Bills best course of action would be to get an efficient W and get out of town. Meaning: put forth the least effort to get the job done. Run the ball, bleed clock, get a lead, punt and play tough defense, win and go home.

Interested in anyone's thoughts, who thinks that Kincaid could be in for a start-worthy night.

I was too high on him in a passing game that does not seem to know where it wants to go with the ball on a consistent basis. He has good hands but I not sure he is a dynamic enough mover to be a big play threat that I thought he was going to be.

The last few weeks have been hugely disappointing but the pass volume overall has been way down overall since Brady took the OC reigns.

The fantasy community probably got too enamored with Kincaid short term after seeing what LaPorta has done and also with Knox out.

Rookie TEs typically don’t explode like LaPorta has done and while nothing can be taken away from him, he’s in a very TE friendly offense. The Bills have never really had an offense that has featured the tight end, but given the draft capital used on Kincaid, his talent, and the drop off of Diggs, maybe that will change next year. Obviously not much solace now.

The last few weeks have been hugely disappointing but the pass volume overall has been way down overall since Brady took the OC reigns.

The fantasy community probably got too enamored with Kincaid short term after seeing what LaPorta has done and also with Knox out.
I did not look this up, just going on memory, but I think since Brady took over he has only 1 catch in the second half. It's not one it's two.

I disagree on the fantasy community getting too enamored of him. It was justified IMO. The OC change and some injuries changed things, but before those things happened that no one could predict I think his play on the field justified every bit of it.

For his sake I hope Brady finds a job somewhere else next season.

I disagree on the fantasy community getting too enamored of him. It was justified IMO. The OC change and some injuries changed things, but before those things happened that no one could predict I think his play on the field justified every bit of it.
Perhaps biggest change IMO, which seemed to be pointed out by many fantasy pundits, would be the return of Knox. That has resulted in a smaller snap count, particularly given Knox’s prowess as a run blocker as the team has become more run heavy.

For Kincaid’s fantasy prospects, I agree that hoping that Brady goes elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread