What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Eric Ebron, PIT (1 Viewer)

Ebron just seems like a lock to score every week at this point. Luck obviously trusts him down close. Sucks as a lions fan to watch us just drop him- wonder if we thought we were getting gronk before he mixed the deal. Happy he’s having a nice season

Going to post this here and the Jack DOyle thread:

Observations: Jack Doyle ran 21 routes on 49-of-56 offensive snaps (88%) Sunday, but it amounted to just three targets and 36 yards. Eric Ebron ran 12 routes on 21 snaps (38%), but it somehow led to three targets and two touchdowns. In the four games Doyle’s played, Ebron’s run 66 fewer routes (122 to 56) and seen 10 fewer targets (25 to 15) as the team’s backup tight end, but has somehow managed to score four more touchdowns than Doyle (5 to 1) in those outings. It’s obviously unsustainable production (though I said that last week and here we are).
Doesn't seem sustainable, right? Yet here we are in Week 11 looking at Eric ####### Ebron tied with Antonio Brown for most TDs scored by a non-RB.

I had Doyle last week too.  I'll switch for Ebron, but now watch Doyle go off.  No reliable replacements for an injured Gronk has me guessing at scraps and chasing points.

I drafted Engram and Burton but have been playing Ebron since I picked him up after Doyle's injury. 

What would you all do with Engram and Burton? I think they're too good to just drop and no one will trade with me because I'm 9-1 and locked for playoffs. 

Picking between these three every week is going to be brutal with Doyle in the picture. 

I drafted Engram and Burton but have been playing Ebron since I picked him up after Doyle's injury. 

What would you all do with Engram and Burton? I think they're too good to just drop and no one will trade with me because I'm 9-1 and locked for playoffs. 

Picking between these three every week is going to be brutal with Doyle in the picture. 
Think youve gotta just stick with it - decide between Burton/Ebron each week. Once it’s closer to playoff time you can drop whomever you need to -

Im in a similar boat with Reed/Doyle/Ebron. I’m just going to roll with Ebron until he stops catching TD’s. Non PPR of course.

Again, this was an expected outcome. Unsustainable production on limited routes... the second h doesn't convert on those it's a zero.

Eric Ebron is recovering from groin surgery.

GM Chris Ballard was light on details. There was no indication it is an issue that is expected to linger into training camp. Ebron picked up a few bumps and bruises during last year's sensational comeback campaign, but he was never listed with his groin. Ebron appeared in all 18 games the Colts played in 2018-19.

SOURCE: Mike Chappell on Twitter

May 14, 2019, 5:15 PM ET

Eric Ebron (groin surgery) is running routes "full speed" in Colts minicamp.

In other words, he should be full-go for training camp. It's unclear when Ebron actually went under the knife. GM Chris Ballard reported the surgery early last month but was otherwise light on details. That doesn't seem to matter now.

SOURCE: Zak Keefer on Twitter

Jun 11, 2019, 4:25 PM ET

Obvious downgrade, but I think his price point is really good right now. Scored him for $2 ($200 auction) but given how much others spent I feel like it's a steal. Jacoby is going to be checking down and who better to look for than Ebron. 

Goodbye TDs. Luck was locked in on Ebron
It is a bit early to declare a lack of TDs for Ebron (or Doyle) from Brissett.  Brissett did throw a TD to Ebron during the preseason. Luck was the starter last year, and Ebron and the coaching staff were all new additions to the team in 2018. Brissett will be guided by the same staff, and hopefully will have similar success as Luck.

It is a bit early to declare a lack of TDs for Ebron (or Doyle) from Brissett.  Brissett did throw a TD to Ebron during the preseason. Luck was the starter last year, and Ebron and the coaching staff were all new additions to the team in 2018. Brissett will be guided by the same staff, and hopefully will have similar success as Luck.
I don't think it's too early to cut the entire offense by 20-25%.  No matter how good of coaching Brissett gets, on his best day he's only 80% of Luck.  We are talking about a QB who was literally that once in a decade guy.

The team may be competitive and they may coach the #### out of Brissett to keep them afloat.  But Brissett is not a top-half QB talent, and I'm not sure he's a top-24 QB talent.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it's too early to cut the entire offense by 20-25%.  No matter how good of coaching Brissett gets, on his best day he's only 80% of Luck.  We are talking about a QB who was literally that once in a decade guy.

The team may be competitive and they may coach the #### out of Brissett to keep them afloat.  But Brissett is not a top-half QB talent, and I'm not sure he's a top-24 QB talent.
I don't expect Brissett to be on Luck's talent level. I also don't expect Ebron to get no touchdowns. There are a lot of pieces in place offensively for Brissett to successfully run the offense.

starks said:
Jacoby is going to be checking down and who better to look for than Ebron. 
Jack Doyle did have 80/690/4 in 15 games with Brissett at qb in 2017.  So I wouldn't count out Doyle as potentially being Brissett's check down favorite.

Doyle also far outsnapped Ebron in the games they played together last year.  In those 6 games, Doyle played 331 snaps and Ebron played 165 snaps.
This was before Enron broke.out, now that they see what they have there’s no way that pattern will continue into this year. That data should be thrown out of the window!

Tex

This was before Enron broke.out, now that they see what they have there’s no way that pattern will continue into this year. That data should be thrown out of the window!

Tex
Before he broke out?  Shoot, Doyle came back from injury last year after missing something like six games (when Ebron broke out) and was immediately out snapping Ebron at a 2 to 1 clip.

Ebron may be in the top 10 of (now not quite as) overrated dynasty players.

Before he broke out?  Shoot, Doyle came back from injury last year after missing something like six games (when Ebron broke out) and was immediately out snapping Ebron at a 2 to 1 clip.

Ebron may be in the top 10 of (now not quite as) overrated dynasty players.
I understand that, I’m talking about this year. After the coaches have had an opportunity to reflect and look at film. I guess the Colts are concerned about Ebron’s blocking which is understandable but bringing up data from only one year after the year the Ebron had? You can’t expect that pace to continue throughout the entire year of 2019.

Tex

I understand that, I’m talking about this year. After the coaches have had an opportunity to reflect and look at film. I guess the Colts are concerned about Ebron’s blocking which is understandable but bringing up data from only one year after the year the Ebron had? You can’t expect that pace to continue throughout the entire year of 2019.

Tex
If you’re talking about Ebron’s TD rate, I agree.   :P

If you’re talking about snap count, my God I’d hope the Colts knew what they had in their TE’s three months into last season. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Next Gen Stats:

Eric Ebron set career highs in receptions, yards and receiving TD last season in Indy, and played multiple positions in the @Colts offense.

@Ebron85 was the only player in the NFL with 3+ receiving TD when aligned tight, in the slot, and out wide.