What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Isaiah Likely, BAL (1 Viewer)

Faust

MVP
Coastal Carolina senior TE Isaiah Likely will declare for the NFL draft.

This was a very logical decision as Likely's (6'4/220) stock has risen this season. The Chanticleers senior had a career-high 912 receiving yards and 12 touchdowns in 2021. With his size, great hands, and lack of all-around tight end depth in the NFL, he should be someone whose name will be called very early in April.

SOURCE: Isaiah Likely Twitter

Dec 22, 2021, 5:27 PM ET

MORE

Coastal Carolina TE Isaiah Likely has met with the Tennessee Titans and the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Likely (6'4"/240) should be one of the hottest TE prospects un the upcoming NFL Draft based on production. He pulled in 912 received yards and 12 touchdowns in 2021, but playing for a Coastal Carolina team that didn't meet expectations has buried his name a little bit. At least two clubs are still very intrigued however, and both could really use some extra help in the receiving game. The Jaguars in particular need a safety valve for Trevor Lawrence, and more receiving help in general, while a sure-handed tight end to pair with A.J. Brown might be just the thing to get the Titans over the hump. Likely believes he has the best hands in the draft, and has been viewed by organizations as the F-TE, which is kind of like the slot WR for tight ends. They'll move him all around the formation, trying to use his athleticism to get him open for quick chain movers and that's a role Likely should excel in. 

SOURCE: Thor Nystrom on Twitter

Mar 2, 2022, 12:54 PM ET

The Athletic's Bob Sturm has given former Coastal Carolina TE Isaiah Likely a second-round grade for the 2022 NFL Draft.

Likely (6'4/245) only tested in the vertical jump and 20-yard shuttle during the NFL Scouting Combine, but is a well-renowned athletic freak. He's an elite receiving option who totaled 133-2050-27 during his time with the Chanticleers, and went for 59-912-12 in his final season. Likely will have a chance to further display his athleticism at Coastal Carolina's pro day, which is scheduled for March 18th.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Mar 11, 2022, 1:41 PM ET

Last edited by a moderator:
As the father of a current CCU student I watched every game this year and attended four of them. I can say that this guy has the goods to be a productive player in the NFL. He’s big, fast, and has good hands. The few times CCU needed someone to step up to get them back in the game he was always a player they could count on to take over and make a play that needed to be made. I’ll be eagerly watching where he gets drafted as I believe he has very nice potential at the next level. 

also don’t sleep on his QB Grayson McCall either. He will be in next years draft and the guy can play maybe not a long term starter in the NFL but will definitely have a career in the league. Athletic, mobile QB well liked by teammates from what I understand 

He’s big, fast, and has good hands.

On tape he looks like all of those things but then he drops a 4.82 40 at his pro day and I got to admit it cooled me on him. Other testing numbers except for his jumps not so good either and I have to say it's harder to overlook these things when you look fast on tape against non Power 5 schools.

I know at one point he was on Daniel Jeremiah's top 50 list and fell off. I guess it as for the testing?

On tape he looks like all of those things but then he drops a 4.82 40 at his pro day and I got to admit it cooled me on him. Other testing numbers except for his jumps not so good either and I have to say it's harder to overlook these things when you look fast on tape against non Power 5 schools.

I know at one point he was on Daniel Jeremiah's top 50 list and fell off. I guess it as for the testing?
Actually now that you mention it playing in the sunbelt conference he probably looked faster than he timed. I didn’t realize he ran a 4.82 at CCU’s pro day I missed that 

Actually now that you mention it playing in the sunbelt conference he probably looked faster than he timed. I didn’t realize he ran a 4.82 at CCU’s pro day I missed that 

He does play faster, to my eyes anyway. I had no idea who he was until Jeremiah had him in his top 50 awhile ago and I started looking up video's on him and absolutely liked what I saw to point I drafted him in some end of round best ball redrafts. I'd have thought he'd be in the 4.6's at least.

I actually listened to a podcast just last night were Likely was discussed heavily and an ex-GM, Randy Mueller,  had him as his TE1. He's also concerned on the speed but not enough to move him off. Thinks he plays a lot like Kittle in terms of being a threat in the same and he really likes his blocking on the edges. I got to say I don't agree with that and for that matter disagreed with a ton of stuff this ex-GM said on some other players but I'll give him tons of credit for being outside the box with his rankings and thought process. But perhaps your in person valuation of him will end up being spot on and if it makes you feel any better an ex-GM of two teams likes him a lot.

Coastal Carolina TE Isaiah Likely has met with, or worked out for, 15 different NFL teams, per SI's Ryan Roberts.

Likely (6'4/240) has gone on top-30 visits to the Cardinals, Jets and Bills, privately worked out for the Saints and Colts, and had Zoom calls with the LA Chargers and Broncos. Last month at the NFL Combine, he had formal interviews with the Giants, Jets, Lions, Cowboys, Jaguars, Browns, Bengals and Raiders. A smooth-moving big slot receiver, Likely posted a 59-912-12 line his last season on campus.

SOURCE: Ryan Roberts on Twitter

Apr 11, 2022, 5:51 PM ET

menobrown said:
He does play faster, to my eyes anyway. I had no idea who he was until Jeremiah had him in his top 50 awhile ago and I started looking up video's on him and absolutely liked what I saw to point I drafted him in some end of round best ball redrafts. I'd have thought he'd be in the 4.6's at least.

I actually listened to a podcast just last night were Likely was discussed heavily and an ex-GM, Randy Mueller,  had him as his TE1. He's also concerned on the speed but not enough to move him off. Thinks he plays a lot like Kittle in terms of being a threat in the same and he really likes his blocking on the edges. I got to say I don't agree with that and for that matter disagreed with a ton of stuff this ex-GM said on some other players but I'll give him tons of credit for being outside the box with his rankings and thought process. But perhaps your in person valuation of him will end up being spot on and if it makes you feel any better an ex-GM of two teams likes him a lot.
Listened to the same yesterday, the Atlantic, recommend. His RB rankings were different than most I’ve seen but they’re good food for thought. 

Coastal Carolina TE Isaiah Likely has met with every NFL team ahead of the 2022 NFL Draft.

Likely (6'4/240) has been called the most versatile tight end in the draft on several occasions, and it's clear NFL teams are taking notice -- quite literally all of them. According to Justin Melo of The Draft Network, Likely has met with all 32 NFL teams in some capacity and had Top 30 visits with the New York Jets, Buffalo Bills and Arizona Cardinals.

SOURCE: Justin Melo on Twitter

Apr 21, 2022, 3:00 PM ET

Ravens selected TE Isaiah Likely with the No. 139 overall pick in the 2022 NFL Draft.

Likely (6'5/245) spent four seasons at Coastal Carolina, ending his career with a fantastic receiving line of 59-912-12 in 13 games, good for a 26% yardage share and a 36% touchdown share. However, Likely's ability to dominate a small school's passing game may not translate to a big NFL role. That concern was reinforced by a 4.82 40 at Likely's Pro Day. Although, with a 36-inch vertical and 10-foot-3 broad jump, Likely looks like an NFL athlete, even if a below-average one. He profiles as a move tight end in the vein of a slower Mark Andrews, who he'll play behind in Baltimore. 

Apr 30, 2022, 1:46 PM ET

Isaiah Likely TE, CSTCAR

Height: 6-4, Weight: 245

H-back type at the TE spot who excels with effortless YAC ability. Not a seam-stretcher and better blocker in space than he is in-line. Will be a useful underneath target in the NFL. But limited overall. (Chris Trapasso)

Ravens having a great draft imo. Don’t like it for FF - at least not immediate. But could be similar to Goedert drafted by Philly with Ertz among the better TEs at the time. 

Making a name for himself in the Ravens camp.

-------------------------

Sarah Ellison@sgellison

In just the last 24 hours, Ravens rookie TE Isaiah Likely has received glowing endorsements from Lamar Jackson, James Proche and Tony Jefferson. Better jump on the Isaiah train quickly because it’s Likely to fill up soon

LINK to video >>> Likely to make a play

Making a name for himself in the Ravens camp.

-------------------------

Sarah Ellison@sgellison

In just the last 24 hours, Ravens rookie TE Isaiah Likely has received glowing endorsements from Lamar Jackson, James Proche and Tony Jefferson. Better jump on the Isaiah train quickly because it’s Likely to fill up soon

LINK to video >>> Likely to make a play
I don't see him having much value in 2022,   Be prepared to wait a few years.

He’s not gonna unseat Andrews but I think he’ll have some decent sized role 
Not so sure about that.  Here you have a guy that is a backup TE on a team with Lamar Jackson at QB (passing last year was an outlier due to all their RBs going on IR).  I don't see how anyone would think he's going to have a "decent sized role".  Long term he may be a good guy to stash at the end of your bench, but I typically don't like stashing TEs.  They are too volatile. 

I don't see him having much value in 2022,   Be prepared to wait a few years.
I think any rookie TE having much of a role in their rookie season is probably unlikely. In the past 20 years you've had Pitts and Engram. Think of all the "physical freaks" at TE that have been drafted in the past 20 years and how often to they actually pan out as a rookie?

Unless an NFL team drafts a TE in the top-5 I am considering them a dynasty stash. Maybe I'll miss a guy, but I won't overdraft the other 19.

ESPN's Jamison Hensley named fourth-round TE Isaiah Likely as Baltimore's offseason standout. 

Drafted 10 picks after fellow rookie tight end Charlie Kolar, Likely impressed in OTAs and minicamps with catch radius and ability to separate. There's probably not immediate fantasy upside for Likely behind Mark Andrews, but he could establish a foothold this season and is worth monitoring in dynasty leagues. 

SOURCE: ESPN

Jul 3, 2022, 5:32 PM ET

Not so sure about that.  Here you have a guy that is a backup TE on a team with Lamar Jackson at QB (passing last year was an outlier due to all their RBs going on IR).  I don't see how anyone would think he's going to have a "decent sized role".  Long term he may be a good guy to stash at the end of your bench, but I typically don't like stashing TEs.  They are too volatile. 
I probably should’ve clarified what I thought that role might be- most likely special teams, and maybe a few packages designed for him, but most likely no fantasy relevance for a couple of years 

10 Takeaways From Week 2 of Training Camp

Excerpt:

Isaiah Likely is in contention for a big role.
After the first week, and given Charlie Kolar's sports hernia surgery, it was clear that fourth-round rookie tight end Isaiah Likely would have a role in the offense this season. After the second week of training camp, it's now clear that he could have a big role. Likely has seen a lot of passes come his way, including from Jackson. Likely hauled in back-to-back touchdowns in Friday's padded practice. With Nick Boyle still getting back into top shape, it's been the Mark Andrews and Likely show at tight end.

He looked really good as a receiver tonight. Had 2 holding penalties as a blocker though. Will need to clean that up.

Ravens fourth-round TE Isaiah Likely caught 4-of-4 targets for 44 yards in the Ravens' preseason opener against the Titans.​

Likely was playing with second- and third-teamers, but the nice night comes one day after coach John Harbaugh said he was going to be a "big part of the offense this year." A plus pass catcher out of Coastal Carolina, Likely got dinged for a 4.82 40-yard dash, but he was flashing some intriguing stop/start ability on Thursday. Even behind All-Pro Mark Andrews, Likely is at least worth putting on your watch list in an offense truly desperate for viable targets to step up behind Andrews and Rashod Bateman.
SOURCE: Ryan Mink on Twitter
Aug 11, 2022, 11:30 PM ET

Best case he's gonna have to produce on a new team ala Delanie Walker. I personally think he's too slow to be anything in the NFL.

Rookie TEs rarely produce, but you may be able to acquire him cheaply, later in the season when he doesn't.

Ravens sure know how to draft TEs. Just not sure there's ever going to be much upside for Likely outside of an injury to Andrews (who is young and obviously proven). It's already a relatively low volume passing offense that will run through Andrews and Bateman.

Ravens sure know how to draft TEs. Just not sure there's ever going to be much upside for Likely outside of an injury to Andrews (who is young and obviously proven). It's already a relatively low volume passing offense that will run through Andrews and Bateman.
I agree with everything you said. However, IMO Likely has a lot of upside and should probably be rostered by Andrews owners. Rostering backup TEs usually isn't a smart dynasty move, but I might make an exception for Likely, along with Jelani Woods. I thought when McBride was drafted as the first TE off the board in most leagues, that it was a mistake. I never looked at him the way I did Woods and Likely, or even Dulcich.

A few things:

1. Worst case I see his situation similar to Goedert's when he came into the league where he had to play second banana to Ertz for years before assuming the mantle.
2. I would draft him every league I take or have Andrews. I don't care if he's a rookie, he should be thought of no differently then a high end handcuff RB.
3. I have for past few weeks already been drafting him in TE premium leagues I have Lamar but could not get my hands on Andrews.
4. I think he's worth taking if you don't have Andrews and in redraft, especially if you need upside at TE for same reason. He should be thought of similar to high end handcuff.
5. Due to lack of WR options and Ravens penchant for throwing to TD's while so long as Andrews is healthy it's hard to say but in a Best Ball type format he'll give you some weeks.
6. Due to number 5 there absolutely exists a scenario where if both are healthy this is the most productive TE duo since Gronk/Hernandez.

You could see the Ravens going with a similar offense to the Pats in 2010-2012 when Gronk and Aaron Hernandez emerged as top tier TE's. Helps in the run game too. Imagine 12/22 sets could become a much bigger part of their personnel packages.

5 takeaways from Ravens' 24-17 Week 2 preseason win over Cardinals

TE Isaiah Likely is the real deal​

ikely was another player that kept his preseason momentum going in Week 2, catching all eight of his targets for 100 yards and a touchdown. He showed his ability to be a mover in space, as well as fighting for the football and leaving defenders behind in the open field.

The rookie also didn’t play in the second half of the contest signaling that he is going to have a massive role, and for good reason. He and fellow tight end Mark Andrews could form an extremely dynamic duo at the position, adding to an already potent Ravens offense.
---------------------------------------------
Ravens QB Tyler Huntley shares thoughts on ability of TE Isaiah Likely

Users who are viewing this thread