What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Kyle Pitts, ATL (2 Viewers)

It's all right here in this thread...not interested in rehashing.  Needless to say I'm glad I wasn't targeting Pitts at ADP last year.

And I won't be targeting him this year in redrafts.

TVT 0 N S T A said:
Pitts didn't start out as overrated though.  If I remember correctly, you were bagging on him being drafted in the 5th or 6th round.

There are outliers and unfortunately Logan Thomas doesn't fit the bill for me, because availability is important.  Goedert and Gronk were crazy dart throws.  Hockenson's injury hurt his overall number too.  

In any event, I'm not sure anyone was arguing him in the 4th round but could be wrong.  I remember getting into a length discussion with you and @Hot Sauce Guy but I think we were saying he would put up better than Rookie TE numbers and was in the pack with Hock/Andrews.  I think you were out on him being taken early in Dynasty Rookie Drafts too?

I'm also in the boat that says Ridley's absence hurt Pitts.  I don't know that Patterson has the year he had last year with Ridley in the line-up but definitely think Pitts would have seen more TDs.  

As I said, never owned him in redraft and his ADP was too rich for my blood.  I opted for the last of Hock/Pitts and Andrews, which turned out to be Hock.  He served me well and I won the $$.  Nobody was predicting Goedert's year (see AJB conversations) and Dalton Schultz was a waver add.  
IIRC, @TripItUpwas ok with Pitts in Dynasty leagues.  

Probably not until he's eligible for the franchise tag at least, if ever.
Yeah, it's not really a worry I have now. Just when he was getting drafted, his first season in Atlanta. They could have just decided forget blocking and just officially moved Pitts to TE. It's not a concern any more.

Did people actually watch the game? He "burned a corner effortlessly" is accurate in that it took no effort on Pitts part since Hall looked like a foal that just dropped from a momma horse and didn't know how to walk yet.

I'm not saying he's not an amazing player but any TE would have made that play assuming Hall was on them.

Did people actually watch the game? He "burned a corner effortlessly" is accurate in that it took no effort on Pitts part since Hall looked like a foal that just dropped from a momma horse and didn't know how to walk yet.

I'm not saying he's not an amazing player but any TE would have made that play assuming Hall was on them.
I would have made that play and I'm north of 60 now...

Poor defense... and a better thrown ball could have been a score.

In a league that requires a TE, I don't see how Pitts isn't a cheat code. If your league counts TE as a WR (as many do), then it is a different discussion.

Interesting stat in that he only lined up at TE for 88 snaps last year.
It was actually a little worry I had for dynasty when he was being drafted- does he ever just become a WR and totally lose TE designation. He's more WR than TE, that is for sure.
Was watching the first half of the Falcons/Jets replay and they had the graphic of where Pitts lined up last year. Didn't realize it was around 8 percent as a TE and almost 60 percent as a WR, with the rest in the slot.

Yeah, I think at some point he will asked to be designated a WR due to salary stucture before his next contract, so definitely a legit concern down the road in dynasty.

In a league that requires a TE, I don't see how Pitts isn't a cheat code. If your league counts TE as a WR (as many do), then it is a different discussion.
so he's your TE1 this year?
No. Unless you're in a full PPR or are getting a point for 10 yards receiving. I do think Kelce slips a bit this year. I personally would rank the top 5 as: Andrews, Pitts, Kelce, Schultz, Goedert. I realize many will disagree.

Unles
No. Unless you're in a full PPR or are getting a point for 10 yards receiving. I do think Kelce slips a bit this year. I personally would rank the top 5 as: Andrews, Pitts, Kelce, Schultz, Goedert. I realize many will disagree.
Unless Waller is hurt, if put him well above Schultz and Goedert

Unles
Why? You think Wallers targets aren't going down with the addition of Adams and Renfro becoming a very good receiver?

Unles
Why? You think Wallers targets aren't going down with the addition of Adams and Renfro becoming a very good receiver?
Waller wasn't "all that" last year, and with Adams in town now, I don't think his #'s improve. Top 10 yes, but not top 5 (at least not for me).

Yeah, I think at some point he will asked to be designated a WR due to salary stucture before his next contract, so definitely a legit concern down the road in dynasty.
I'm sure his fantasy owners will love that. He'd still be very valuable as a WR, but obviously not the difference maker that he is as a TE.

Unles

Unles
Waller wasn't "all that" last year, and with Adams in town now, I don't think his #'s improve. Top 10 yes, but not top 5 (at least not for me).
No. I think Adams takes targets away from the pack collectively. Adams addition should “help” open up the field for Waller. 2021 receiving core was really weak. Waller was a focal point for defenses last year without a stud WR to worry about.

I think Renfrow targets were so high last year bc Waller missed so many games (Renfrow targets increased by 66% last year). My money would be on negative regression there. IMO, injury is only thing that would hold Waller back. IMO, Raiders had no creativity w him in the RZ either. I think McDaniels will utilize Waller better there.

Unles

Unles
No. I think Adams takes targets away from the pack collectively. Adams addition should “help” open up the field for Waller. 2021 receiving core was really weak. Waller was a focal point for defenses last year without a stud WR to worry about.

I think Renfrow targets were so high last year bc Waller missed so many games (Renfrow targets increased by 66% last year). My money would be on negative regression there. IMO, injury is only thing that would hold Waller back. IMO, Raiders had no creativity w him in the RZ either. I think McDaniels will utilize Waller better there.
Well, obviously Renfrow's targets were up last year because of situation of having nobody else to throw to, sort of like St. Brown at the end of the season in Detroit. BUT, maybe that was a good thing because both teams found out how good those guys really were when they were targeted despite the defense knowing they were getting the ball.

Not that I don't like Waller, but his targets will go down from when he was the "man" in that offense. I just don't see the quality of targets making up for the ones he is missing. Plus, he's dealing with soft tissue injuries again and he's going to turn 30 next week. Not all athletes age gracefully. Also, not buying the coachspeak on "more red zone usage" with Adams on the team. Doesn't add up and doubt they would advertise it if it did.

I would rather have Schultz with his target share this year. I also think Goddert is being slept on a bit since I don't think AJ Brown bites into his target share that much (more Devonta IMO). I think Goddert has similar numbers to Waller this year and a lot cheaper price tag and less likely to miss time.

I think Renfrow targets were so high last year bc Waller missed so many games (Renfrow targets increased by 66% last year). My money would be on negative regression there.
This seems very reasonable to me.

Yet there's a part of me that sees a stud little white slot guy going to a former Pats coach, and I think Renfrow might catch more balls than any person in the league over the next five years.

I think Renfrow targets were so high last year bc Waller missed so many games (Renfrow targets increased by 66% last year). My money would be on negative regression there.
This seems very reasonable to me.

Yet there's a part of me that sees a stud little white slot guy going to a former Pats coach, and I think Renfrow might catch more balls than any person in the league over the next five years.
Agree. Renfro was really impressive last year and got to love that McDaniels has a history of having dominent slot receivers.

Didn’t see the game and will be curious to watch the highlights. Had a decent target share but no catches in the second half? Ugh.

Kyle Pitts caught 2-of-7 targets for 19 yards in the Falcons' Week 1 loss to the Saints.

The 19 yards would have been the third fewest of Pitts' 2021 rookie campaign. It was disappointing output on an afternoon where Marcus Mariota attempted 33 passes, but the Saints' elite defense only had to account for Pitts and not much else in the passing game. Playing through a knee injury, first-round rookie Drake London did manage to catch five balls for 74 yards. London's emergence would be good news for Pitts managers as it occupies defensive attention that could normally be fixated on Pitts. There are going to be lows in this offense but plenty of highs for a player with Pitts' unique pedigree and proven production. The Rams' tough defense is on tap for Week 2.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Looking like the bust of the year so far. Seen a decent amount of Atlanta these first two weeks and I haven’t even seen Mariotta look at him.

Mariotta certainly killing him as well as the play calling.

Had him in the end zone and Just stood there looking at him til it was too late early in this game.

Have the Falcons' coaches just forgotten that Pitts still play there? Would they notice if he signs elsewhere as a free agent before week 3?

Users who are viewing this thread