What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Kyle Pitts, ATL (1 Viewer)

So what are folks doing with Pitts in redraft? I'm holding for now because I'm holding out hope that the ATL coaching staff is scheming on how to get him the ball.

So what are folks doing with Pitts in redraft? I'm holding for now because I'm holding out hope that the ATL coaching staff is scheming on how to get him the ball.
You have no choice but to hold. Can't trade him for 50 cents on the dollar. I would still look at other options in case Pitts doesn't turn it around......(I think he will).

I drafted Pitts with full knowledge the first two weeks matchups could be ugly. That said, I didn't realize there would be this terrible combination of not only tough matchup, but coaching ineptitude.

This has to be the week. SEA is downright terrible. If he doesn't get at least 10 PPR points it's full blown panic/sell low mode.

Somehow Gerald Everett is on the wire and I'm pretty close to dumping Pitts for him......at least Everett has a competent QB who seems to keep him involved

I rarely draft TE high, in one league this year in the late 3rd I took Pitts, and regret it. Cant trade him now, dont want to use him. Knox isnt doing anything or I would use him.
UGH!!!!

Steelers and Falcons, maybe Titans WRs/TEs are being held back by their QBs and/or OCs. Release the fury Mitch!!!!!

Kyle Pitts caught 5-of-8 targets for 87 yards in the Falcons' Week 3 win over the Seahawks.​

Pitts' eight targets led the team, while his 87 yards more than doubled his previous season total. After protesting earlier in the week that he could not just force Pitts targets, coach Arthur Smith did just that on the Falcons' opening drive, looking his way four times. One of the looks was erased by a defensive holding call that Pitts drew in the end zone to help set up a touchdown. Pitts used stiff arms and some shoulder lowering to tack on extra yardage. You could argue this still isn't enough usage, but Marcus Mariota did attempt just 20 throws with Atlanta riding the running game. Pitts will remain in the top five at tight end for Week 4 against the Browns.
Sep 25, 2022, 7:40 PM ET

The coaching staff has to see how well that first drive went and make more of that right?
It’s a great question. On the Falcons 3 opening drives, Pitts has:

4 catches for 59 yards on 6 targets

On the Falcons other 26 drives, Pitts has:

5 catches for 66 on 12 targets

Water is wet. Sky is blue. Offense moves when you involve your best weapon. Amazing how that works...now we pray that the Falcons coaches realize it and try to do it again :fingerscrossed:

Generational talent my balls.

Tight end is rubbish. I'll be streaming it for the foreseeable future and not wasting capital on any of them.
Pretty much where I am with it. If I happen to luck into a good one, incredibly grateful. But I'm spending minimum capital on the entire position at this point. The 3 or 4 guys who happen to have a serviceable one can enjoy their advantage.

This guy has basically went from Megatron 2.0 to Eric Ebron 2.0 to start off the season. Big oof. I have him on almost every team and even Njoku is flashing more at this point. And I would rather have Will Dissley than both of them.

The kid is a huge talent. He cannot dictate the ball be thrown to him. He is not being utilized. He was not properly used last year as well. He only had 1 TD last year. I by no means believe he’s a buy low right now. Just don’t t have faith in Falcons offense.

The kid is a huge talent. He cannot dictate the ball be thrown to him. He is not being utilized. He was not properly used last year as well. He only had 1 TD last year. I by no means believe he’s a buy low right now. Just don’t t have faith in Falcons offense.
I would agree with this. The Falcons passing offense had not exactly been a juggernaut and Pitts has been dragged down with it.

Honestly wouldn't be very worried in dynasty.

Redraft though...yeah, I'm worried.

Mariota is impressive in his ability to totally kill a passing game. 7 completions today. Very cool.

7-19… those are Justin Field number. It’s the offense. Yes, Pitts is a part of the offense. He has to get blame as well.

There’s barely enough volume to support one, let alone two, pass catchers in this offense. And right now London is being targeted more.

There’s barely enough volume to support one, let alone two, pass catchers in this offense. And right now London is being targeted more.
I just wanna know why Pitts wasn't on the field much. And when he finally did get on the field they line him up at running back and do a play action then look his way, like, what are you doing? First play of the game he runs a nice route and looks great making a catch like a boss right in front of defenders, then is never looked at again when he actually got to be on the field

The coaching staff has to see how well that first drive went and make more of that right?

Updated:

On the Falcons 4 opening drives, Pitts has:

5 catches for 84 yards on 8 targets

On the Falcons other 34 drives, Pitts has:

5 catches for 66 on 14 targets

It’s really baffling to me. They don’t even seem to game plan for him or try to get him the ball. What’s odd is that it’s not like they have some other target magnet.

I targeted kelce and if I didn’t get kelce I went for Pitts. If I got neither I’ll take the 11th or 12th off the board unless you get some crazy value. There are only a few real difference makers…all the others are interchangeable.

Updated:

wow

Pitts is one of a few reasons why my fantasy team is struggling mightily this season. With that said- lets call a spade a spade. Even with all of the complaints about the Falcons and them not utilizing Pitts- the fact of the matter is that they are 2-2 and very easily could be 4-0 or 3-1. This is far better than anyone anticipated and there is no reason at this point to believe that they are fundamentally going to go out of their way to change things. The problem with Pitts in redraft is that he’s too good to drop but hard to start. There is a good chance that he’ll be on fantasy benches when he finally has a breakout fantasy game.

Updated:

Might this suggest an issue with him knowing the playbook? Opening drives are largely scripted and then not.

It may be blasphemy to say so, but despite the incredible athleticism, maybe he's not as good of a football player as the measurables and draft stock would dictate.

It may be blasphemy to say so, but despite the incredible athleticism, maybe he's not as good of a football player as the measurables and draft stock would dictate.
I don’t think it’s blasphemous to say that but I also don’t fully agree with it in the case of Pitts. I do think that the fantasy community and fantasy experts may have over drafted and over hyped Pitts. I admit that I’m a redraft fantasy owner that “bought the lemonade”. I believed that Kelce, Andrews and Pitts were tight ends that would generally give their owners a weekly advantage at the TE position. I don’t think the problem is with Pitts individually or that he’s not a great football player. I think that sometimes we have to take into account that often times what we want/expect for the world of fantasy is not aligned with the interests of the professional sports teams. Perhaps the Falcons realize that throwing the ball a lot is not in their best interest in regards to staying competitive. Just look at the recent comments in here. People saying 7 completions is pathetic—how the passing attack of the Falcons is terrible—yet in reality—this team was picked to be the worst (or one of the worst) in the league by the masses. Look at their 4 games. They basically gave away their first game, they roared back against the Rams and were basically one play away from winning that game, and won their 2 other games. At this moment in time—the Falcons have been ultra competitive with how they have played so far this season. We can criticize and poke fun at them all we want —but the reality is that they are over achieving—even with Pitts massively under achieving in regards to the fantasy community.

Have both Pitts and Patterson in ppr, while can't complain about Patterson's production it's still a bummer he's not even getting a reception a game. But the QB is completing 10 passes a game what you can you do. And the fact that they're winning games makes it less likely there will be any type of drastic change.

Traded CEH for Pitts last week, rode the sell high movement on CEH. Ugh, cost me this weeks win. What a cluster. I have to keep starting him.... He has shown his talent.....Falsons need to pass more I guess, but they are 2-2, so who knows.

He's absolutely droppable in redraft.
That's way over-reactionary IMO in any environment, and especially so given the barren TE landscape.
In redraft I don't think dropping Pitts is overreacting.
It isn't just lack of production. There is NOTHING that should lead anyone to believe production will ever come close to a consistent startable tight end.
He barely plays, and they barely throw. Bad combo

He's absolutely droppable in redraft.
That's way over-reactionary IMO in any environment, and especially so given the barren TE landscape.
In redraft I don't think dropping Pitts is overreacting.
It isn't just lack of production. There is NOTHING that should lead anyone to believe production will ever come close to a consistent startable tight end.
He barely plays, and they barely throw. Bad combo
I can see the frustration, but unless you can pry Kelce or Andrews away from their owners, I don't think you'll find anyone much better. And you run the risk of kicking yourself once Pitts' production does pick up, which I think it will (although clearly he's not going to sniff his ADP at this point).

Users who are viewing this thread