What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Noah Fant, SEA (3 Viewers)

The New York Jets hosted Iowa TE Noah Fant on a pre-draft visit.

Fant (6'4/249) would only be an option for the Jets if they moved down from their 3rd overall pick -- that's something they "badly" want to do -- because their next best pick is No. 68 overall. It seems very unlikely that the Jets end up with Fant because they probably wouldn't draft him inside the top-12 and it's rare for teams to move that far down in the draft. However, the team who does select Fant is getting one of the most athletic tight ends of the decade and he has two years of nice production despite only being 21 years old.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Apr 13, 2019, 9:24 AM

In his analysis of Iowa TE Noah Fant, Bleacher Report's Matt Miller wrote that the projected first round pick is a "better blocker than many think."

That being said, Miller also wrote that the former Iowa standout "lacks play strength and could stand to bulk up and add power to his game." Fant (6'4/249) is just 21 years old, so there's some room for his body to mature and add some muscle in preparation for the NFL. The technique is solid, and that's a big part of the battle when it comes to being an effective blocker. Fant is one of two Iowa tight ends expected to be drafted in the first round, with T.J. Hockenson being the other.

SOURCE: Bleacher Report

Apr 14, 2019, 5:42 PM

Iowa TE Noah Fant is visiting with the Raiders on Monday, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.

Oakland has three first-round picks, and while Fant (6'4/249) may not be an option for the team at fourth overall he could be a possibility at either No. 24 or No. 27. The former Hawkeye is considered by many to be the second-best tight end prospect in this year's draft, with teammate T.J. Hockenson manning the top spot. Another team to keep an eye on in the tight end market is New England, which will need to account for the retirement of Rob Gronkowski.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Apr 15, 2019, 10:02 AM

Broncos selected Iowa TE Noah Fant with the No. 20 overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft.

Denver traded down with the Steelers from No. 10 to here at 20, picking up the 52nd pick in the draft and a 2020 third-rounder. Fant (6’4/249) and T.J. Hockenson formed one of the top tight end tandems in NCAA history, the former setting an Iowa record in TDs (19) at the position despite going pro early. Fant was a consensus 2018 first-team B1G pick and finished his career with 78 receptions for 1,083 yards, averaging 13.9 yards per catch. An athletic phenom, Fant destroyed the forty (4.50), vertical (39 ½"), and three cone (6.81) in Indy after measuring in with an 80-inch wingspan. "He runs by everybody when you watch him," NFL Net’s Daniel Jeremiah observed. Fant’s inconsistent blocking and hands are his drawbacks after dropping 11-of-80 catchable targets over the past two years. Otherwise, Fant’s on-field skill set is reminiscent of Aaron Hernandez.

Apr 25, 2019, 8:32 PM

Huge overreaction to Fant in Denver being a bad spot.  He might be my favorite 2nd round rookie draft steal right now.

He's not going to last until the 2nd round in any rookie draft unless it's an 8-team league that doesn't require TEs.
I agree, he shouldn't.  I still see him having a solid 1st round rookie draft grade.  These fantasy loser talks make it sound like he'll fall.    

He only falls to the 2nd if today every RB and WR taken lands in a great spot. Which would be sweet for all of us :)

Nothing against Faust as he's the ultimate information provider but that article and it's reasoning make no sense. They state Flacco doesn't utilize the TE but Stafford hasn't been much better at it. Their projections show Hock outscoring Fant by  less than 0.5 pts/game in standard scoring and less than 1 pt/game in PPR. Either both of them are making an impact or neither are with those similar stat lines.

I'll take Fant over Hock for re-draft this year. I'd rather have the guy competing for targets behind Sutton and to a lesser extent Hamilton with a below average QB than the guy competing for targets behind Golladay, Marvin Jones and to a less extent Amendola with an average QB while competing for TE targets with Jesse James. Fant has a better chance at more target share.

Broncos coach Vic Fangio said he thinks No. 20 overall pick Noah Fant can be an in-line tight end.

Fant ran most of his routes in the slot at Iowa as the receiving complement to T.J. Hockenson. He's a work-in-progress as a blocker, but the Broncos don't plan to limit him to a move role. Playing in-line would allow Fant to see near every-down snaps. Joe Flacco's history of targeting tight ends gives Fant a chance to make a Year One impact.

SOURCE: denverbroncos.com

Apr 26, 2019, 2:53 PM

Joe Flacco is "excited" to work with first-round TE Noah Fant.

"He can obviously run," Flacco said. "The tight end in this offense, I think can be a big-time player if he can run and get a feel for how we run a couple of routes we have in." Flacco has consistently peppered tight ends with targets throughout his career, so Fant should be involved early if he is able to hold off the smorgasbord of tight ends behind him on the depth chart.

SOURCE: Denver Post

May 20, 2019, 10:10 AM ET

I traded back from 1.03 to 1.10 and an early 2nd and he was my target. However, he went at 1.09. I was a little tweaked, but Parris Campbell was sitting there, so that is not a bad consolation in my book.

Last edited by a moderator:
Noah Fant suffered a "mild" ankle sprain in Monday night's preseason game.

In other words, it's not a high-ankle sprain. The No. 20 overall pick has had a quiet camp and preseason, catching five passes for 28 yards. However "mild" his sprain is, it figures to keep him out of this weekend's regular season dress rehearsal. Fant oozes long-term upside, but his rookie fantasy value figures to be limited to matchup-based TE2 status.

SOURCE: Nicki Jhabvala on Twitter

Aug 20, 2019, 4:49 PM ET

Most TEs take time to develop. It looks like Fant is one of them. 
Hmmm I dunno. I agree he’s def raw but a really nice athlete. Looks to me like he’s starting without much question? I know the Broncos have had some injuries there but I assume that’s still the case when/if everyone is healthy. And he’s seen 5 of Flacco’s 15 targets so far this preseason in about a half of play. And 8 targets in what I’d guess is less than a full games worth of action. I haven’t looked at any numbers to back it up but Flacco is perceived as loving to throw to his TEs and the preseason has done nothing to diminish that. If he’s seeing a few targets per game he’s fantasy viable as a rook.

Was able to get him at 2.01 in a 16 team IDP dynasty...really excited for his potential
As a Kelce owner that just traded away O.J. Howard, I am looking at Fant as the exact type of TE I need to replace O.J.  I only will hopefully need Fant one week this year so I will gladly add him and watch him develop.

I was reading an article recently about Fant being the answer to Kelce. I guess Kelce normally has a field day with Denver so they drafted Fant with the intention of him being the answer. I’m sure it’s listed in one of the articles listed in this thread.

Buy, buy, buy

Tex

Last edited by a moderator:
Noah Fant (ankle) returned to practice.

Fant suffered a "mild" ankle sprain a week ago, and it was indeed "mild." The rookie tight end is expected to see plenty of snaps as Joe Flacco's tight end, but it's historically been difficult for rookie tight ends to perform. Fant does offer elite athleticism and college production, however, and could be one of the rare tight ends to enter the mix in Year 1.

SOURCE: Mike Klis on Twitter

Aug 26, 2019, 4:10 PM ET

Noah Fant caught 2-of-5 targets for 29 yards in Week 1 against the Raiders.

Fant wasn’t targeted in the first half. He had a pair of catches in the second half, but there weren’t many positive takeaways. Fant finished fourth in targets behind Courtland Sutton, Emmanuel Sanders, and Phillip Lindsay. He’ll be an upside TE2 for Week 2.

Sep 10, 2019, 1:37 AM ET

Broncos were overwhelmed in first half by Raiders and crowd energy and nothing was accomplished except Fant getting buried on that opening rush attempt.

He looked a bit awkward at times and caught some flags but good to see him eventually get targeted a bit given Flacco's history with the TE position. His first reception looked like a good predictor of things to come.

If he gets 80 targets this year I'd be happy with that. Looking at a 50-500+ type season. TDs always tough but anywhere from 0-7 wouldn't surprise me. 

Noah Fant delivered four catches for 33 yards on four targets Sunday in Denver’s Week 2 loss to the Bears.

Fant keyed a scoring drive with a 24-yard grab in the third quarter, but was otherwise held in check, predictably struggling against Chicago's top-flight secondary. Despite Joe Flacco's well-documented proclivity for targeting tight ends, Fant has yet to make his presence felt in the fantasy realm, amassing six catches for 62 scoreless yards on eight targets over his first two contests. It's still very early in his development, but until the first-round rookie makes his mark, he belongs on the waiver wire.

Sep 15, 2019, 8:57 PM ET

Broncos main problem on offense is they’ve fooled themselves into believing they had/have a true #1 WR when in actuality they have two #2 WRs.

Tex

Broncos main problem on offense is they’ve fooled themselves into believing they had/have a true #1 WR when in actuality they have two #2 WRs.

Tex
The Broncos main problem is John Elway.

... they’ve got plenty of skill position talent. 

Users who are viewing this thread