What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Travis Kelce, KC (4 Viewers)

Sweet Jesus Alex smith is putrid. This is the first time I have seen kc this year and he looks horrible.
He really is horrific. His only positive attribute is that he doesn't turn the ball over. But as far as making plays that even a decent QB should make I just dot see it. He gets bailed out by his defense and Jamal Charles constantly. He literally DOES NOT throw the ball further than 5 yards down field.
Hard to turn the ball over when you're not throwing it downfield. I'm a pretty big Alex Smith apologist, but he does need to make more plays. No reason KC shouldn't mop the floor with Oak.

:lmao: as much as I hated to do it, I had to cut ties this week. I'd hold in dynasty and pray some team can figure out that this guy can be elite given the opportunity.

7 points so far in PPR so he's already beat expectations

Thanks to smith and Reid

Last edited by a moderator:
6 points now in non PPR...just enough to keep him another week. Damn, at least he has matched the KC D.

With the chiefs having to get it down the field with 1:42 left and no touchdowns, how many times is smith NOT going to pass it to kelce?

With the chiefs having to get it down the field with 1:42 left and no touchdowns, how many times is smith NOT going to pass it to kelce?
Pretty much every time but one and even then he can't get it to him to get an easy first down. Instead, they don't get a first and game over. Smith is terrible.

Battered wife syndrome. I'm already back in, Kelce out scored the KC D. I have an advantage. Damn it Travis, why do you make it hurt so good?

He's obviously capable of more, but TE is the position I've kind of sacrificed on my roster in order to maintain strengths at other positions so getting 10+ points from him tonight is a positive from my perspective.

Rotoworld:

Travis Kelce caught 4-of-5 targets for 67 yards in Kansas City's Week 12 loss to the Raiders.

Kelce was Zeus-ing every time he touched the ball, shedding tacklers and delivering punishment. That includes some thundering blocks. But coach Andy Reid and Alex Smith still only saw fit to look his way five times. With the Chiefs having the league's thinnest receiver corps, there's simply no reason for Kelce not to be drawing a minimum of 8-10 weekly targets. With 10 days to game plan for Week 13's showdown with the Broncos, perhaps Reid will come to that realization over the long weekend. Kelce remains a boom-or-bust TE1.

Nov 21 - 12:06 AM

It's as simple as this: If the Chiefs can find a way to mismanage Jamaal Charles, they can and will find a way to mismanage a 2nd year TE, regardless of how much potential is there. This is referred to as the "Chip Kelly syndrome". He contracted it by stepping in the office once occupied by Andy Reid. Zach Ertz and Shady McCoy are notable victims. Easy to see how it got from Philly to KC. Reid is Patient Zero.

Andy Reid is stealing money. Get rid of the Hindenburg already. Put him in an executive role or sell him to Japan. Anything but this. Fantastic organization with one of the best stadium atmospheres and currently one of the most prolific offensive talents in the game - KC, you deserve better.

Let me try to summarize the Chiefs' fourth quarter play-calling last night, for those of you too wise to subject yourself to the game:

Charles, their most freakish athletic talent, got exactly two carries, despite KC being within one score the entire way. When Fat Andy deigned to call his number on a pass play, he promptly took it 30 yards to the house.

Kelce, their second-most freakish athletic talent, caught the first pass of the quarter for a 27-yard gain ... then got exactly one target the rest of the way.

That wasn't even vintage Andy Reid last night. It was gold label, 18-year, limited reserve, serve-neat-in-a-snifter Andy Reid.

I'd like to see the replay from that fourth-quarter drive when they had to settle for the FG. There was a play when Smith rolled to his right, from like the 5-yard line, and it looked like Kelce was wide open coming across the formation with him, but Smith wouldn't throw it and instead ran right away and got about one yard. Kelce seemed to throw his hands up in the air after the play.

That play, to me, sums up Alex Smith perfectly. I think he's the worst QB in the entire NFL. And that's because he's actually better than some QBs - just good enough to keep his job and prevent his team from ever doing anything.

I'd like to see the replay from that fourth-quarter drive when they had to settle for the FG. There was a play when Smith rolled to his right, from like the 5-yard line, and it looked like Kelce was wide open coming across the formation with him, but Smith wouldn't throw it and instead ran right away and got about one yard. Kelce seemed to throw his hands up in the air after the play.

That play, to me, sums up Alex Smith perfectly. I think he's the worst QB in the entire NFL. And that's because he's actually better than some QBs - just good enough to keep his job and prevent his team from ever doing anything.
Yes! I saw that one, too. If he throws it to Kelce, he waltzes in for the score.

Yes! I saw that one, too. If he throws it to Kelce, he waltzes in for the score.
I thought there was a defender trailing Kelce on that play but not sure. I'd also like to see it again.

Do agree Smith is a chickens**t QB and that's always been a huge problem. He's way too scared to take a chance. With a guy like Kelce, throw him the ball even if he's covered, especially so close to the end zone.

I thought there was a defender trailing Kelce on that play but not sure. I'd also like to see it again.Do agree Smith is a chickens**t QB and that's always been a huge problem. He's way too scared to take a chance. With a guy like Kelce, throw him the ball even if he's covered, especially so close to the end zone.
I couldn't say it much better. My biggest problem with Smith is that he's a ####y; afraid to make game-changing throws.

I thought there was a defender trailing Kelce on that play but not sure. I'd also like to see it again.Do agree Smith is a chickens**t QB and that's always been a huge problem. He's way too scared to take a chance. With a guy like Kelce, throw him the ball even if he's covered, especially so close to the end zone.
I couldn't say it much better. My biggest problem with Smith is that he's a ####y; afraid to make game-changing throws.
Smith is a #####; Reid is a #####; the GM is a #####. It really is a shame.

They just showed the third-down play with Kelce near the EZ on NFL Network. Here was Brian Billick's critique:

"He's wide open."

"He's wide open."

"He's wide open."

Yup, Smith is the worst.

^^^. yep when I was watching live the camera angle didn't make it clear but I thought to myself "throw it!! He's wide ### open!!!"

The fact Kelce was running RIGHT IN FRONT OF Smith makes it all the more pathetic. How do you miss a wide-open guy two yards directly in front of you? That takes some real skill.

The real problem with Smith not throwing that is that it's the perfect Smith play. Kelce was right in front of him, not far away and wide open. It's the perfect safe pass. It's too bad KC is 7-4 so it's not like any changes need to be made. I hope they finish 7-9 though and shake things up.

Smith looked like he could have underhand tossed the ball to Kelce on that play like a pitcher would after fielding an easy grounder to the side of the mound.

Let me try to summarize the Chiefs' fourth quarter play-calling last night, for those of you too wise to subject yourself to the game:

Charles, their most freakish athletic talent, got exactly two carries, despite KC being within one score the entire way. When Fat Andy deigned to call his number on a pass play, he promptly took it 30 yards to the house.
You didn't even do that play justice. He made half the defense miss and look terribly stupid in their efforts to grab him. He was just jump cutting around them like they were pylons.

I watched the replay of the game and Kelce was right in front of him and open, but he wouldn't have scored a touchdown without breaking at least one tackle. As Smith continued to roll out a defender came up and bumped Kelce. It would have been a 5 or 6 yard gain though instead of the 2 yard gain Smith had. This is assuming I am thinking of the same play you guys are talking about,

Smith looked like he could have underhand tossed the ball to Kelce on that play like a pitcher would after fielding an easy grounder to the side of the mound.
"Throwing the ball underhand presents an unnecessary level of risk." :grad:

/Alex Smith

If anything, Kelce has been impressive if you consider he plays for one of the most pathetic passing offenses we have seen in awhile.

and yet despite their loss to Oakland, they're still very much in the playoff hunt. It's remarkable really.

and yet despite their loss to Oakland, they're still very much in the playoff hunt. It's remarkable really.
Jamaal Charles should be getting MVP consideration in my opinion.

[SIZE=14.3999996185303px]Only my dog heard it, but [/SIZE]I called a Fasano/Knile TD a few moments before that happened.

Don't know why I start this guy. Fleener burning a hole on my bench after sitting Kelce last week.

Andy Reid is bizarre. Between him and Smith, a good player like Kelcy is hardly used.... maybe they are kinda dumb. Bowe is also hardly used... even when down big.... it's bizarre. Goes to show how damn good Charles really is. To think you just don't throw the ball down the field in todays NFL and that's going to work... uhh... one problem.... what do you do when you're down 14??? Duh. I hope the Pats get the Chiefs in the playoffs but Reid probably won't make it that far.

can't wait for Dwayne Allen to get healthy so I can sit Kelce. Nothing against the dude but relying on a 2nd string TE in a Smith/Reid offense is probably one of the dumbest moves I've made.

Users who are viewing this thread