What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Zach Ertz, WAS (1 Viewer)

Might be a mistake but I benched him today for Jared Cook.

I realize he’s their best pass catcher but makes me think Bill will be even more likely to try to shut him down.

idk
If I had cook I might sit him, but my only other option is fells and Baltimore plays the TE pretty well

If I had cook I might sit him, but my only other option is fells and Baltimore plays the TE pretty well
Pat Chung is out and he's been key to stopping TEs. With no other WRs I don't care if they double Ertz I think he has a top 5 day just based on volume. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Zach Ertz contributed nine catches for 94 yards on 11 targets Sunday in the Eagles’ Week 11 loss to New England.

For most of the day, Philly's offense looked like a shopping cart with a bad wheel, but Ertz was still productive, producing 58 of his game-high 94 receiving yards in the second half. Because we can't have nice things, backup tight end Dallas Goedert vultured the Eagles' lone touchdown. While Ertz has dropped off noticeably from last year when he produced a team-record 116 catches (the most ever by an NFL tight end), he's looked sharp recently, topping 90 yards in back-to-back games. Ertz will remain a no-brainer TE1 next week against the Seahawks.

Nov 17, 2019, 8:12 PM ET

Not good...hope they sit him. Need him for the playoffs.

Eagles promoted TE Josh Perkins to the active roster.

It's a bad sign for Zach Ertz's (questionable, hamstring) status. Perkins will serve as the Eagles' No.2 tight end if Ertz sits.

Not good...hope they sit him. Need him for the playoffs.

Eagles promoted TE Josh Perkins to the active roster.

It's a bad sign for Zach Ertz's (questionable, hamstring) status. Perkins will serve as the Eagles' No.2 tight end if Ertz sits.
Too bad. The Miami game would've been a great play.

Zach Ertz caught 3-of-6 targets for 24 yards in Week 13 against Miami.

Ertz was a game-time decision after missing most of the practice week with a hamstring injury. He ended up playing 74 percent of snaps but didn't look fully healthy. Ertz was out-targeted by Dallas Goedert, who finished with 66 yards on seven targets. It's a letdown after Ertz went over 90 yards in his last three games. With another week to rest up, Ertz has a prime rebound spot against the Giants in Week 14.

Dec 1, 2019, 5:24 PM ET

Is weather still supposed to be wet?  I’ll be pondering Ertz v Doyle a lot tomorrow morning
According to Accuweather there is a 81% chance of precipitation.  Not very windy and 54 degrees.  Doyle is a good pivot.  I still like Ertz more but it’s very close. 

Zach Ertz caught 9-of-13 targets for 91 yards and two touchdowns in the Eagles' 23-17, Week 14 overtime win over the Giants.

Ertz was literally the only real means of offense via the air for the Eagles, who entered this one with three healthy WRs before watching Alshon Jeffery (foot) and JJ Arcega-Whiteside (hamstring) get hurt. The tight ends and running backs were Carson Wentz's best friends. Ertz caught a pair of two-yard touchdowns in the fourth and fifth frames to tie and win the game, erasing a 17-3 halftime deficit. Ertz has been a volume monster for weeks now with the Eagles battling receiver injuries. He gets the Redskins in Week 15. Ertz went 5-54-0 on seven targets against them in Week 1.

Anyone benching him v Giants? Giants give up 4th fewst points to TE and Alshon is back.  
This is a myth, they're just not a good D and hadn't faced much of anyone at TE. A good D vs. TE doesn't let Ertz get as open as he did on the GW TD or the long receptions he had in the second half. 

Down 22 and go to bed with stomach full of AJ On My Bench regret. Wake up to a bowl of delightful Ertz cereal, the cornerstone of any nutritious championship run. 

:pickle:

Went to bed as well. Wake up and he scores twice and hangs a 30.

Wish he saved some for this week.

Ertz should be a target monster now. Alshon probably out, no decent WRs to speak of, and a couple of nice matchups coming.

Started Doyle but got bailed out by the rest of my team.  Ertz was a beast last night.  Definitey starting him v. Washington!!

Kinda amusing looking back on the "Ertz is done" "Goedert is the play" chatter from 6 weeks ago.

TE leaders after 14 weeks are Kelce 1, Ertz 2 -- basically as expected on draft day.

Went to bed as well. Wake up and he scores twice and hangs a 30.

Wish he saved some for this week.

Ertz should be a target monster now. Alshon probably out, no decent WRs to speak of, and a couple of nice matchups coming.
i was told earlier this year that no starting WRs available was hurting him because of the coverage

In my TE premium league nearly made the improbable 50pt comeback last night with Ertz; got me 39 points.  He’s like ARob on the Bears, just throw him the ball and good things happen

Zach Ertz caught 4-of-6 targets for 28 yards in the Eagles' Week 16 win over the Cowboys.

Ertz took a huge first quarter rib shot and spent a lengthy amount of time in the locker room. He returned but was visibly fighting through pain. Ertz had the benefit of adrenaline today but will be lucky to get in any practice reps this week ahead of next Sunday's must-win road trip to New Jersey to take on the Giants. Ertz should ultimately be out there against a team he dismantled for 9/91/2 in Week 14.

NFL.com's Mike Garafolo reports Zach Ertz (ribs) is genuinely questionable for Week 17 against the Giants.

Garafolo reports he has more Eagles sources preaching uncertainty than confidence with regards to their No. 1 pass catcher's status. Ertz missed a solid chunk of Sunday's win over the Cowboys and was in visible pain. Even if Ertz does play, it's possible he could be more of a decoy than the target hog he's been in the second half of the season.

SOURCE: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

Dec 24, 2019, 1:57 PM ET

Zach Ertz (ribs, back) will resume practicing Friday.

Ertz will be trying to gut it out through broken ribs. It's unclear how much work he'll see on Friday, though it probably won't be much. With Philadelphia's season on the line, we'd tentatively expect Ertz to suit up against Giants, though he could be used as a decoy. Dallas Goedert would handle the bulk of Philadelphia's tight end responsibilities if Ertz is out or limited in Sunday's regular-season finale.

RELATED: 

Dallas Goedert

SOURCE: James Palmer on Twitter

Dec 27, 2019, 10:29 AM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Zach Ertz is dealing with a lacerated kidney in addition to his cracked rib.

Ertz paid the price for gutting it out against Dallas in Week 16, eventually landing in a hospital bed. He won't be on hand for Sunday's regular season finale in East Rutherford, though the Eagles haven't ruled him out for their playoff opener, assuming they live to see another game. It's another loss for a depleted Eagles pass-catching corps. Dallas Goedert will man the tight-end fort for Philadelphia in Week 17.

RELATED: 

Dallas Goedert

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Dec 29, 2019, 10:01 AM ET

Eagles coach Doug Pederson said Zach Ertz (ribs) "will be monitored" ahead of Philadelphia's Wild Card game against the Seahawks.

"Zach’s a tough guy, but we’re going to do our due-diligence before we put an injured guy back on the field," Pederson said. He also didn't sound too optimistic on Ertz's chances of practicing ahead of Sunday. Dallas Goedert was forced to play every snap against the Giants and would presumably receive similar usage if Ertz isn't cleared to face Seattle. Josh Perkins would also stick as a four-game DFS pivot in that scenario since he logged 58 snaps as Philadelphia's No. 2 tight end.

SOURCE: Reuben Frank on Twitter

Dec 30, 2019, 12:11 PM ET

Coach Doug Pederson said Zach Ertz (ribs, kidney) has yet to be cleared for contact.

The Eagles made it to the playoffs despite getting players body-bagged each week, and it now sounds like Ertz is going to face a tough time getting cleared in time for Sunday against the Seahawks. Dallas Goedert and Josh Perkins filled in as the Eagles' two tight ends Week 17 against the Giants in the crucial win.

SOURCE: Eliot Shorr-Parks on Twitter

Jan 1, 2020, 10:49 AM ET

Zach Ertz (ribs) practiced again Thursday.

Still feeling the effects of a cracked rib and lacerated kidney, Ertz didn't do much at Wednesday's session and is likely headed for another limited tag Thursday. As of Wednesday, he had yet to be cleared for contact. If Ertz—who led the team in receiving yards (916) and catches (88) during the regular season—can't go against the Seahawks in Sunday's playoff opener, Dallas Goedert would slot into a near every-down role at tight end. Practice-squad call-up Josh Perkins would also see enhanced usage.

RELATED: 

Josh Perkins

, Dallas Goedert

SOURCE: Dave Zangaro on Twitter

Jan 2, 2020, 1:36 PM ET

Eagles coach Doug Pederson said Zach Ertz (ribs, back) still hasn't been cleared for contact.

Ertz has practiced with a flak jacket to protect his injured ribs. He'll undergo tests Saturday to determine whether he can suit up against the Seahawks on Sunday. John Clark of NBC Sports Philadelphia previously reported Ertz has a "decent chance" to play, though the fact he hasn't been cleared for contact yet is an ominous sign for his Wild Card availability. His absence would be a big loss for the Eagles, though Dallas Goedert is a more than capable fill-in.

RELATED: 

Dallas Goedert

Jan 3, 2020, 10:24 AM ET

NBC Philly's John Clark reports "there's optimism" Zach Ertz (questionable, ribs/back) plays in Sunday's Wild Card game against Seattle.

Ertz was limited in practice all week and still hasn't been cleared for contact. Despite that, it now looks like he'll try to play through a fractured rib and lacerated kidney. Ertz is going to be far less than 100 percent if he suits up. It wouldn't be surprising to see Dallas Goedert outsnap Ertz if both are active.

SOURCE: John Clark on Twitter

Jan 3, 2020, 7:51 PM ET

Zach Ertz cleared for playoffs    Sat Jan 4, 02:56 PM

Philadelphia Eagles TE Zach Ertz (ribs, kidney) was medically cleared on Saturday, Jan. 4, and will play in the team's wild-card playoff game Sunday, according to a source.

Eagles TE Zach Ertz (ribs, back) is active for the team's Wild Card matchup against the Seahawks.

Still, Ertz is so banged up at the moment that it'd be reasonable to project Dallas Goedert for more targets and fantasy points. They've each played full-time roles for the better part of the last two months out of necessity due to the Eagles' abundance of injuries at WR. Josh Perkins (78% snaps in Week 17) also figures to play plenty of snaps. He's played more snaps in the slot (54) and out wide (35) than as a true inline TE (40) this season.

Jan 5, 2020, 3:14 PM ET

Goedert is as good or better than Ertz.  Probably better.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Eagles exercised their 2021 option on Zach Ertz. 

This was "strictly procedural", but it's a reminder that Ertz and the Eagles will likely be talking about a contract extension soon. The reliable pass-catcher is due for a salary bump after five straight 800+ yard seasons in Philadelphia with his five-year contract ending in 2021. He'll be entering his age-30 season this upcoming season and should remain as a top-five fantasy tight end as Carson Wentz's safety net over the middle. 

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Mar 27, 2020, 2:32 PM ET

Goedert is as good or better than Ertz.  Probably better.
I still think Ertz is a superior route runner but I do love me some Goedert, don't think he's a better receiver now but the gap is small.

Wish Goedert would pull a Hayden Hurst and go to the GM and say he want's more opportunity and force his way out.

I still think Ertz is a superior route runner but I do love me some Goedert, don't think he's a better receiver now but the gap is small.

Wish Goedert would pull a Hayden Hurst and go to the GM and say he want's more opportunity and force his way out.
As a Wentz owner I hope not, the 2 TE's are the only receivers they have. What the hell are the Eagles waiting for in regards to WR's. I get taking a WR in the draft but they need a proven vet other than brittle Jeffrey.

Agent's Take: Will Zach Ertz reset the market? His case for a big payday, how Travis Kelce factors in and more

Rotoworld:

The Eagles are talking to TE Zach Ertz about a new contract. 

It's new contract season for star tight ends, as both George Kittle and Travis Kelce received massive paydays this month. Ertz has more receiving yards and more receptions than Ton Gonzalez had through seven seasons. That might have something to do with the era. A big time contract for Ertz would all but extinguish hopes of Dallas Goedert emerging as the team's TE1 in the next few seasons. Goedert is under contract through 2021. 

RELATED: 

Dallas Goedert

Aug 25, 2020, 11:57 AM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports extension talks between Zach Ertz and the Eagles have come an "abrupt halt." 

Per Rapsheet, talks broke down when the Eagles offered "less guaranteed money than their offer in November." Rapoport also reports the "backloaded offer" included "less cash over the next four seasons annually than Austin Hooper’s contract." We are undoubtedly getting the agent point of view here, but it seems safe to say the Eagles aren't currently making a real offer. Headed into his age-30 campaign, Ertz is signed through 2021. With Dallas Goedert waiting in the wings, the Eagles could be preparing for their post-Ertz future. 

Sep 3, 2020, 3:20 PM ET

Age matters. Ertz has played well but lots of teams are going to have to make tough decisions with the cap number likely decreasing next year. 

Man there’s a lot of frustration on his part, will be interesting to see what happens. Hopefully he balls out and doesn’t consider holding out 

Users who are viewing this thread