What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ted Lasso (Apple TV - Season 3 coming March 2023!!!) (1 Viewer)

We finished season one tonight. By far, the worst part of this show is the opening Theme Song. At least it's short I guess.

Ironically the music throughout the entire run of seasons is amazing. A Mumford is in charge of it apparently. Probably the best music a show has ever had imo. They must have to pay out some serious royalties.

i know a lot of people saw the nate thing coming from season 1 but i’m rewatching season 1 and episode 5 is when ted’s wife comes to visit :cry; but during that game nate was team ted. the episode he finally wins over the town he accepts letting his wife and his marriage end (at least in a way). i loved the show for how happy it made me feel and completely missed the intricacies the first time through

For those who play Fifa video games AFC Richmond with all players scanned and Ted Lasso and Coach Beard are all in the game. You can play them in kickoff or transfer them into a career mode. Fifa this year has licensed coaching in most leagues so you can use Ted as the Manager if you choose. Everyone from Jamie to Roy Kent are on the roster. I think here's like 3 randoms that are rated pretty badly though.

Is this the final season? I know they’ve hinted at that in the past.

Yes it is. A few said thy'd be open to more but the writers believe this season is a good final place for it. I've seen suggestions of brining the show back from people and Ted go to another country and someone suggesting with MLS on Apple they could do something with that. However what made the show funny and great in its own right was the fact they made fun of how American's see Soccer and brought in a guy who knew nothing about soccer to coach the club. Ted Lasso was originally created as a promo for nBC's Prep League coverage and Lasso who is played by Sudekis is in charge of Totenham Hotspurs. It's where the original character is from. The promotion and character became super popular they decided to turn it into a show with Ted Lasso being the main star.

I think maybe they could try and have Ted go to MLS o promote their partnership and Ted could then be explained how theres no relegation and theres playoffs here and doing a draft and TAM AND GAM being explained to him. I just don't know if it'd hit well as him being in Europe though they could maybe try and have Richmond do a season in Champions League or something. Just don't know where else the show could go without becoming stale.

Never seen this show and trust everybody that says it's good. Everybody who hates it is on my "watch it if they hate it" list, so even a negative proves a positive here.

It is nice to hear about heroes being the centerpiece of a comedic/dramatic show instead of anti-heroes. Give us a break already with the dark night of the nastiness. Give us some old-fashioned good guys.

I'll have to watch it. If it's anything like the father/dart scene, I'll be a mess the whole show.

Never seen this show and trust everybody that says it's good. Everybody who hates it is on my "watch it if they hate it" list, so even a negative proves a positive here.

It is nice to hear about heroes being the centerpiece of a comedic/dramatic show instead of anti-heroes. Give us a break already with the dark night of the nastiness. Give us some old-fashioned good guys.

I'll have to watch it. If it's anything like the father/dart scene, I'll be a mess the whole show.

I am a huge soccer fan and really like Sudekis and still didn’t expect much coming in. It’s outstanding- one of the best series of the last 5 years.

I am a huge soccer fan and really like Sudekis and still didn’t expect much coming in. It’s outstanding- one of the best series of the last 5 years.

Yep.

It may take you a minute to get over the extreme "goober"ness of Sudekis... but stick with it. His character develops plenty of depth.

It's a true "Feel Good" show at a time that many really needed one.

The are quite a few scenes like this. Am jealous of people that are getting to watch for the first time.

Yep.

It may take you a minute to get over the extreme "goober"ness of Sudekis... but stick with it. His character develops plenty of depth.

I think the third or fourth episode (the one with the cranky sports writer that is doing the piece on him). That one got me.

Yep.

I think the third or fourth episode (the one with the cranky sports writer that is doing the piece on him). That one got me.
Trent Crimm: The Independent

great character

Yep.

Trent Crimm: The Independent

great character
I don't remember what it was about that episode but that was the one that got me. Powered through the rest of the season after and it kept having great moments in almost every episode.

Yep.

The reaction of viewers to Ted is similar to his players. At first, you are like, "is this guy for real," and then you are slowly won over by his optimism and personality. One of the best shows ever, IMO. Call it hyperbole, but I just love it to death.

Yep.

The reaction of viewers to Ted is similar to his players. At first, you are like, "is this guy for real," and then you are slowly won over by his optimism and personality. One of the best shows ever, IMO. Call it hyperbole, but I just love it to death.

"He thinks he's mad now, wait till we win him over."​

Coach Beard was on celebrity jeopardy most recently, he wiped the floor with everybody in his episodes. He only lost in the Semi’s when he missed the Final Jeopardy clue and did his math wrong wagering too much. He lost too much going under Patton Oswalt who got the final clue right and doubled up betting it all.

Last edited:

I found myself on the edge of tears after almost every episode of season 2.

I found myself on the edge of tears after almost every episode of season 2.

Manopause - I feel ya.

I am too. I saw the previews for the original and figured this would be your typical American ignorants on the sport and making the typical tiresome jokes we fans hear constantly by people. But after I heard people talking about it and all I tried it and loved it.

Wife and I started this just a few weeks ago. We both really like it. I had no clue what it was about going in and have been blown away. My wife and I are opposites on what we like to watch, so it’s been nice to enjoy the same show.

Not sure what to think of the new episode. The greatness of this show is always the great blend of comedy and drama, but this one tilted heavily in the favor of drama; I didn't laugh that much. We will have to see how the season plays out, but definitely hoping for more laughs going forward.

ok 30 minutes in exactly and completely unrealistic as a chelsea fan
I don't know.

Seems pretty realistic for Chelsea, aka Charity FC, to give up a late equalizer to a relegation fodder team this season, not to mention trying to sign the world's most expensive player.

I have a question that is bugging me.

Doesn't Keely own the company? Why does she let that woman push her around

I have a question that is bugging me.

Yeah, I don't get that either. With the employees all being stuffy and boring and her newly-hired friend already wanting to start drinking at work, I wonder if this is a way to get her back working for Richmond eventually.

First two eps have been interesting. It feels like a bit of the spark is missing, but not sure if that is because I am getting one episode a week now instead of being able to binge.

She keeps mentioning the firm as in she hired a staffing firm to fill these positions so she didn't really hire them if true. I need to go back and watch Ep.1, seems I missed something.

Just watched episode 3, plot mover and check mark for agenda driven TV that will surely come into play later.

Finally caught up, first episode very heavy on emotion, not a ton of comedy. But the next two delivered the balance this show pulls off so well in spades. Love the Zava character, curious where they are going with him. Does he get injured at some point, or quit on the team before the end? Or maybe his antics eventually just wear everyone too thin? Imagine there has to be something that will make Richmond back into an underdog before the end.

No idea where they are going with Roy & Keely, the player who’s secretly gay, Rebecca and the psychics predictions. Ted’s ex hooking up with their therapist was pretty twisted.

I am too. I saw the previews for the original and figured this would be your typical American ignorants on the sport and making the typical tiresome jokes we fans hear constantly by people. But after I heard people talking about it and all I tried it and loved it.
This is why I didn't watch right away as well. Turns out, great show!

Enjoying S3 so far. Loving the Roy/Beard partnership and the Trent Crimm inclusion. Hate Keely's friend and her constant winking.

But it's missing some of the emotion and fun of the first two seasons, mostly with Ted seemingly so hollow. After today's ep I think that starts to change.

Enjoying S3 so far. Loving the Roy/Beard partnership and the Trent Crimm inclusion. Hate Keely's friend and her constant winking.

But it's missing some of the emotion and fun of the first two seasons, mostly with Ted seemingly so hollow. After today's ep I think that starts to change.

Zava character is based on Zlatan btw

Users who are viewing this thread