What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ted Lasso (Apple TV - Season 3 coming March 2023!!!) (1 Viewer)

Very satisfied with the way the series ended. I wouldn't mind a spinoff, but I'm glad that they stuck to their plan and finished the stories here instead of trying to extend it another season or two. So many great moments in the finale, including the way Beard got off the plane.

Very satisfied with the way the series ended. I wouldn't mind a spinoff, but I'm glad that they stuck to their plan and finished the stories here instead of trying to extend it another season or two. So many great moments in the finale, including the way Beard got off the plane.
I could see a spin-off or maybe the last episode was just a dream.

Thought the morning biscuit that Ted brought to Rebecca, and Rebecca loved, would have a key role in the last episode :shrug:.
Yep, that was abandoned in the last season along with a few other show staples.

This season was a bumpy ride, but while I have some quibbles about the finale, it was good enough.

"I'm A Believer" would have been a great finale song. Ted seeing Rebecca at the airport and his wife coming home, everyone else finding their relationships at the end.

Thought the morning biscuit that Ted brought to Rebecca, and Rebecca loved, would have a key role in the last episode :shrug:.

This season was a bumpy ride, but while I have some quibbles about the finale, it was good enough.
There were a few episodes where she was eating the biscuits during a chat

There were a few episodes where she was eating the biscuits during a chat
Yes. She loved them and always wanted to know where he got them.

so many call backs that I missed the first watch, Jamie running the decoy play that Ted wanted him to do in season 1. the guy with the selfie with Ted at the airport was the guy from season 1 that got a selfie with Ted as he flew over to take the job.

Last edited:
The winning streak begins now…they cruise up the table to an ultimate showdown with West Ham…win or lose something occurs that the dickbag owner sacks Nate…Ted is perceived a winner regardless and returns home to KC to his son…TBD on the wife…gets Nate his job with Ted making it happen.…Roy gets back with Keely…Jaime Tart becomes Richmond legend…Coach Beard goes on a spiritual journey ultimately ends at Bayern Munich as an advisor…Colin (the gay player comes out publicly...Rebecca keeps team and Higgins rises to GM and main advisor role while opening a Jazz bar in Shoreditch.…Final scene is with Ted coaching high school kids in KC.…this is all told via Ted Crimm narrating…his best selling book on the Richmond season has released.
More right than wrong!

A unexpectedly great show, nice ending. Very hard to pull off many of the high points it had without being totally cheeseball city.

Thought it was a great ending - wrapped up everything nicely and left it where they can continue if they want. Fantastic series.

Even got Coach Beard’s first name, which was a nice bonus. Derivative (Cosmos/Seinfeld) and predictable, sure, but I liked how it just slid in there low key with no fanfare.

Actually rooting for no spin-off or continuing story. It’s good right where it is; IMO they’ve said what they had to say. John Wingsnight getting hit in the face with Isaac’s penalty kick was everything I never knew I needed.

Thought it was a great ending - wrapped up everything nicely and left it where they can continue if they want. Fantastic series.

Even got Coach Beard’s first name, which was a nice bonus. Derivative (Cosmos/Seinfeld) and predictable, sure, but I liked how it just slid in there low key with no fanfare.

Actually rooting for no spin-off or continuing story. It’s good right where it is; IMO they’ve said what they had to say. John Wingsnight getting hit in the face with Isaac’s penalty kick was everything I never knew I needed.

I’m good with it being done also - but if the same writing team is involved and it’s everyone but Sudekis then I’d be in for more.

so many call backs that I missed the first watch, Jamie running the decoy play that Ted wanted him to do in season 1. the guy with the selfie with Ted at the airport was the guy from season 1 that got a selfie with Ted as he flew over to take the job.
The us-e guy was also at the dentists house in the Christmas episode. That cracked me up.

He was also there when Jamie got kicked off that Love Island show and was getting a haircut. Jamie threw his phone after the pic.

Last edited:
Liked:
- Ted recognizing the offside on that one goal and everyone else being all :confused:
- Beard banana hammock.
- Beard's wedding at Stonehenge. :lmao:
- Ted's ex's boyfriend and his stereotypical American comments about soccer.

Disliked:
- Rupert's meltdown on the field felt weird and hamfisted.
- Nate's resolution. Going from West Ham coach to towel boy is just not realistic. It's like they took that storyline, realized there was nothing more they wanted to do with Nate, and stuck in a bandaid ending for him.

Father and Son - Yusuf (née Cat Stevens)

As soon as this started I knew I’d be crying by the end - I almost cry just hearing this song.

That song is made for ending a show or movie where you show a little montage of where people all end up in their lives.

So I assumed the ending montage was Ted's dream of how the future could play out - not actual future scenes. And one big clue - Ted wasn't even at Beard's wedding (at least that I saw).

Basically if they wanted to do a spin off, they would not have to be tied to any of that.

So I assumed the ending montage was Ted's dream of how the future could play out - not actual future scenes. And one big clue - Ted wasn't even at Beard's wedding (at least that I saw).

Basically if they wanted to do a spin off, they would not have to be tied to any of that.

yeah, that was my immediate take. when he woke up as they were landing my wife said "no way all that happened during one flight."

I elected to hold off on enlightening her.

I think it was left intentionally vague. Gives them flexibility to say it was a dream. But, if not, gives measure of closure with peak into future lives.

Great show. Glad it is ending where it is. Shows tend to really jump the shark season 4+ usually.
Yeah, this show jumped the shark after season 2. This season was totally disjointed and cheeseball city. I really liked the first couple seasons but this last one had few highlights and tons of fluff.

Great show. Glad it is ending where it is. Shows tend to really jump the shark season 4+ usually.
Yeah, this show jumped the shark after season 2. This season was totally disjointed and cheeseball city. I really liked the first couple seasons but this last one had few highlights and tons of fluff.
Yeah I think they decided "this was it" and kinda rushed things for season 3, but still, overall a great show.

I am a Bill Lawrence disciple - Scrubs, Cougar Town, Ted Lasso, Shrinking - his shows just connect with me

What a show and ending - very emotional watching what I consider the series finale even if it spins off.

Loved all the throw backs - made me think about finding this show on a free promotion of Apple TV, how it was something to look forward to and enjoy during some crazy days of COVID; coaching my daughters soccer team for years then to becoming "just a a fan" and holding up a stuffed toy goldfish in her Sr varsity season as a goalie this past fall from the stands to let her know to have a short memory when a goal went in - she went on to win the state finals with the goldfish front and center.

That last scene/line to his son really hit me in the feels....bonding with your kids over sports is what its all about. Thanks for the ride Ted Lasso....it was the right show at the right time for me. Whether it continues or not - it has a special place for me.

Users who are viewing this thread