What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tennessee at Cleveland (3 Viewers)

I'd hate to be a Browns fan right now. Holy cow. The decisions Jackson made regarding his QBs are mind-boggling. Starting Kizer when he wasn't ready was bad enough, but actually promoting Hogan over Kessler was the icing on the cake, LOL.

Cleveland probably wins this game if Kessler starts from the beginning. They have some talent & with Kessler they could better evaluate their team, especially the offense. There's just so much more you can do with him than guys like Kizer & Hogan.

If starting Kizer early on & promoting Hogan over Kessler weren't mandates from the front office, it's an unforgivable sequence of events for Jackson, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
mularkey presser

resillience is a pretty good quality of this team

red zone offense gotta work

good road win for this team

PK Q about quality of win- when you win in the NFL, it's a good win

stuffed outside and inside

Great game by him(Byard) His time was coming, didn't expect three

Davis return in two weeks? Not now(presser), idk

Delanie just sprained ankle

Spain big toe

DeMarco new shoulder injury

"I don't think either one(injury) will be a factor"

Offensively, disappointing on the goalline. 4 downs on the one we're gonna go for it. With our backs, tight ends, our line, we're gonna go for it.

Complete evaluation during bye week 

Succup-came through when it counted, that was big

Needed the win after a short week

I told Hue again- he has the right formula, just hang in there. They're getting close.

Need to have catches on contested balls in order to win

Kessler- got em' off the one and put a really good drive together . Changed the momentum of the game

low sacks- frustrating, there were times we were unblocked. Gotta make those plays. (Smile) 

Joe Thomas injury? Didn't like that. He's a great player. I didn't like that. He's a warrior

problems with offense- we didn't make some plays. There were plenty of plays to be made. Not a problem with the offense, we have to make some plays

Besides evaluation what over the next two weeks- Hopefully get two starters (Cyp and Davis) back and hopefully improve red zone

to retierate- was typing fast- Mularkey just didn't want the Davis Q then, in Cleveland, asking about two weeks from now

Titans played poorly and were lucky to get this win today.

Browns fans SHOULD BE LIVID. They lost because of Kizer, imo.

Football Jones said:
I'm also curious about what Titans fans think of Mularkey & his offense.

Is Mularkey popular among fans?
I'm starting to think maybe he's not the answer. 

I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep if they canned him. 

Football Jones said:

I hate him as the coach and fear they will do just enough to keep him around. 

Football Jones said:

Mularkey was the assistant head coach under Whisenhunt. He was in charge of the TEs and instrumental in their 2 and 3 TE offense. The offense today was quite reminiscent of that offense. Forced runs at an excellent run defender, tons of passes to the TEs, dink n dunk to the WRs, and an occasional deep ball. Whenever he thinks a game will be a hard fought game, he reverts to this. Terry Robiske is the OC and his friend. He is supposed to be scripting but these weeks, it's evident to me that Mularkey was super heavily involved. Jason Michael was Whisenhunt's OC and is their QB coach. I don't know how it truly shook out, but that was Whisenhunt's offense.

The Titans have had days where they throw to the WRs plenty and spread the field and use all their weapons. They look like a dynamic offense that is very difficult to matchup with. This Whisenhunt stuff is garbage.

Mariota had a gigantic advantage over the Browns QBs. The Browns were the top defense in ypc to RBs entering the game. The Browns top CB and S were out. Mariota came off a 300 yard game on MNF and that's only his fourth so that was an especially good game for him. (All of this would add up to) Every other coach in the NFL would have had Mariota airing it out.

Mularkey is a former TE and former TE coach. He always reverts to using the TEs too much.

Brian Schwenke was put in for Quinton Spain due to a toe injury. The Titans rarely ran left after that. Dennis Kelly can play G. Schwenke is a former starter at G and C. If this is how they feel, then that's unacceptable and Kelly should have been put in.

Constant- Jalston Fowler is the best FB in football and Derrick Henry's college teammate. He only plays 10-20% of snaps because of the extra TE usage. 

Loving Jonnu and Walker isn't wrong. Loving Fasano and Stevens blocking before isn't wrong. The problem is when all this love for the TEs takes away from other facets of the offense

If ya look, it switched for the Texans game.

They were dynamic enough to hang with the Raiders, beat the Jags top pass D, and beat the Seahawks but once Mularkey used his "hard fought battle" statement, they started using Whisenhunt's O. Last week, when push came to shove, they started throwing and Mariota had his fourth career 300 yard game. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/oti/2017.htm

Take a look, the stats bear this out crystal clearly. It's not really debatable whether one offensive style is better than the other. Same players, vastly different results

Users who are viewing this thread