What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Texans and the #1 Pick (1 Viewer)

Who is the better player at their position?

• David Carr

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Domanick Davis

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm no David Carr evangelist but we can't discount how many times this kid has been sacked in evaluating his long-term potential. Would I bet on Carr being a Pro-Bowl level QB on the Texans or another team at this point? :no: Would it surprise me if in fact that does happen in the next few years? Absolutely not.
It would surprise me. It could happen, of course. But I would be surprised. Carr still hasn't learned a few of the fundamental lessons of being a winning QB - poise, touch, stepping UP in the pocket.I don't care if he's behind the KC line, if he keeps stepping left or right when pressured instead of stepping up in the pocket and letting the tackles push the outside rush upfield, he'll continue to get sacked.

Colin
I think Carr is very close to "getting it". He showed a lot of promise the first half of 2004 and a QB doesn't complete 60% of his passes if he can't play in the NFL. Sure he has problems, but I don't think it's anything that can't be fixed - especially if he isn't paranoid about getting blindsided and they the guy a TE.

Users who are viewing this thread