What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The 1972 Song Draft ... (1 Viewer)

"Melissa" - Allman Brothers Band
So much for my dedicating the tune to my wife Melissa. :(
was that the first dance at your wedding? it should have been.
Yeah, probably should have been, but the tune seemed a bit out of place. Instead we went with "Wonderful Tonight" - about a guy getting blitzed and showing devotion to his wife.Definitely more realistic :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
1.05 - ROCK AND ROLL - LED ZEPPELIN

Yes the album came out in November - 1971 but the two singles from the album peaked in 1972.

Link to allmusic page

Here is the info copied and pasted from the allmusic page (in case you have to login and you are not a member)

Year Single Chart Peak

1972 Rock And Roll Pop Singles 47

Chart information courtesy of Billboard.com © 2005 VNU eMedia, Inc. All rights reserved.

Also here is the Wikipedia link - Wikipedia

I'm going to be leaving in about 15 minutes and will be offline for at least the next few hours.

Can anyone take a PM that will be around then?

This stinks. I can't find any definitive info on my pick and I know someone is going to steal it later.

Well I'm going with it. From what I can find this song peaked at #1 in '72. If I'm proven wrong I'll repick.

Don McLean - American Pie

Well I'm going with it. From what I can find this song peaked at #1 in '72. If I'm proven wrong I'll repick.

Don McLean - American Pie
Almost certain it's 1972.I figured it would go early - nice job.

"Melissa" - Allman Brothers Band
So much for my dedicating the tune to my wife Melissa. :(
was that the first dance at your wedding? it should have been.
Yeah, probably should have been, but the tune seemed a bit out of place. Instead we went with "Wonderful Tonight" - about a guy getting blitzed and showing devotion to his wife.Definitely more realistic :yes:
a buddy of mine's first dance was "blue sky" with the guitar solo edited out.

we can start tonight if people want but don't enforce a time limit until tomorrow morning. I have an early draft pick and about to leave from work in about 20 mins to go work out and don't want to be skipped esp. in the early rounds.
This was from phrozen ... not from Nigel :shrug:

we can start tonight if people want but don't enforce a time limit until tomorrow morning.  I have an early draft pick and about to leave from work in about 20 mins to go work out and don't want to be skipped esp. in the early rounds.
Executive decision needed . . .

we can start tonight if people want but don't enforce a time limit until tomorrow morning.  I have an early draft pick and about to leave from work in about 20 mins to go work out and don't want to be skipped esp. in the early rounds.
Well, phroze already picked, so I don't really see it as a problem. Did someone PM Hov?

Well, phroze already picked, so I don't really see it as a problem. Did someone PM Hov?
I can go?

we can start tonight if people want but don't enforce a time limit until tomorrow morning. I have an early draft pick and about to leave from work in about 20 mins to go work out and don't want to be skipped esp. in the early rounds.
Hov is out of pocket, i believe.

I prefer 72 just to get a little distance from 69 (plus it's the year I was born so I can take myself in round 1) but I am in for either.
I'll do a '72 draft if you need another - but can we keep it to 8 or 10 rounds as I got desperate in the later rounds of the '69 draft.
This is from the '82 thread.

I thought the clock was starting tomorrow morning ... that all these picks were bonus picks?
i'm not sure why you thought this.
'69 and '82 started off in the mornings. I'm not one to hurry, I suppose.
we have started a draft in the afternoon before. anyway, from the dialogue of this thread, and the 1982 thread, i assumed it was starting as soon as nigel set it up.

Yeah I got a lot of work on my plate this week. My daytime availability will be limited. Happy to have cos aboard.

Users who are viewing this thread