What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The 1972 Song Draft ... (1 Viewer)

I'm back.  Thanks to ZJilla for taking care of things for me while I served my sentence.
np
I don't know how you have your settings, but JZilla is on the bottom of page 4 and ZJilla is the first post of page 5. I keep hitting the Back and Forward button and it looks cool.

I'm back.  Thanks to ZJilla for taking care of things for me while I served my sentence.
np
I don't know how you have your settings, but JZilla is on the bottom of page 4 and ZJilla is the first post of page 5. I keep hitting the Back and Forward button and it looks cool.
yeah didn't plan for that
Looks like Zilla is shaking his head and saying: "NO, don't masturbate, go to bed."GET OUT OF MY HEAD ZILLA!!!

I'd just like to say that I now have my '72 list pared down to 120 songs.

(This does not include the one I've already picked, nor the 12 I've had to scratch off).

(This does not include the one I've already picked, nor the 12 I've had to scratch off).
Good lord man. I'm browsing through all these tunes and going.... Don't know that one.... Never heard of that one...... I know that band but....

Gonna have take my own advise - Downloading is my friend

I pared my list down to 49. That includes the songs already taken. Every draft so far, there's been about a dozen songs taken that would've made my list had I realized they were eligible.I'd like to see you list when the draft is over.

Anyhow I'll take this one.......

DEEP PURPLE

I'm A HIGHWAY STAR !!!
:bow: [Mr. Miyagi]

Dam you, son!

[/Mr. Miyagi]
I was hoping it would slip a round or two. Good job grabbing it early.Has Hov chimed in yet - he's on the clock.

EDIT: nevermind, I saw him post at the top of this page

Last edited by a moderator:
1.16 Superstition – Stevie Wonder

Nige has my next pick, I won't be back on line until 8:45ish

Opps, thanks Nige.

Last edited by a moderator:
1.18--Heart of Gold--Neil Young

2.01--All The Young Dudes-Mott the Hoople

Neil Young in his early years and Ian Hunter doing a great David Bowie song. What's not to like for the first turn. :thumbup:

DC just nabbed FW's second pick w/ Heart of Gold. FW will just go with another great tune with:

Tumbling Dice - The Rolling Stones

Nige forwarded me an email from Hov, but it didn't list any songs. :unsure:

I guess we wait twenty minutes to see if Hov or Nige come back.

I missed out on him in the '69 draft, and vowed not to again. His seminal song from a seminal album.

Jimmy Cliff - "The Harder They Come"

I pared my list down to 49. That includes the songs already taken. Every draft so far, there's been about a dozen songs taken that would've made my list had I realized they were eligible.I'd like to see you list when the draft is over.
Half of them are off only 10 albums, so it's not quite what it seems.But still, I'd be happy to show you at the end.

Half of them are off only 10 albums, so it's not quite what it seems.But still, I'd be happy to show you at the end.
I'm guessing you're a few years older than me, and were around to listen to those albums in the early 70's. My lists for the 80's are much larger, because I'm more familiar with those album tracks that might not have been played much on the radio. When we get back to the 70's, I'm mostly picking hits.

Users who are viewing this thread