What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The 1972 Song Draft ... (1 Viewer)

BTW, off topic - but would anyone be interested in a Beatles draft. I didn't think there would be enough songs to go around for 10 to 12 drafters, but think I just looked at my MP3 player and found 120+ so I know it could go 10 or so rounds...

So, is everything on IV fair game? I assume so, since it was released so late in '71. I've got to go with ...

Led Zeppelin - "Stairway to Heaven"

Last edited by a moderator:
So, is everything on IV fair game? I assume so, since it was released so late in '71. I've got to go with ...

XSorry Bro.

"Black Dog" & "Rock & Roll" were released as singles in '72.

That's why they were legal . . .

BTW, off topic - but would anyone be interested in a Beatles draft. I didn't think there would be enough songs to go around for 10 to 12 drafters, but think I just looked at my MP3 player and found 120+ so I know it could go 10 or so rounds...
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Absolutely.

So, is everything on IV fair game?  I assume so, since it was released so late in '71.  I've got to go with ...

XSorry Bro.

"Black Dog" & "Rock & Roll" were released as singles in '72.

That's why they were legal . . .
Okay. Keep on going with the draft, I've got to regroup.

All I can say is wham bam thank you mam for letting this drop to me in round 2:

2.09 David Bowie---Suffragette City
Nice pick - I like this better than Ziggy but I understand why Ziggy was taken before SC.

Johnny Nash - I Can See Clearly Now

It's a great song on it's own, but the fact that it's been used in both Grosse Pointe Blank and South Park bumps it up even higher.

Johnny Nash - I Can See Clearly Now

It's a great song on it's own, but the fact that it's been used in both Grosse Pointe Blank and South Park bumps it up even higher.
I saw the video for this recently on VH1 Classic. Cheesy, but cool.

2.11 Doug B

2.12 Uncle Humuna

2.13 ZJilla

2.14 phrozen

2.15 patrickmcgroin

2.16 simey

2.17 Print Is Dead

2.18 Fiddles

not me, but the beatles are my favorite all time band.

BTW, off topic - but would anyone be interested in a Beatles draft.  I didn't think there would be enough songs to go around for 10 to 12 drafters, but think I just looked at my MP3 player and found 120+ so I know it could go 10 or so rounds...
not me, but the beatles are my favorite all time band.
I'll also pass, Hov. Great idea, but I'm afraid it would Beatle me out.

I'm back.

Yes- Roundabout
That's so classic rock of you.:sellout:
I caved in to the classic rock peer pressure. :( Actually, I've always like Yes. This song is just "poppy" enough to appeal to me.
Friggin' awesome song.Was |<->| this close to taking it instead of Black Dog.

Started salivating as it continued to slip.
Back in the day (college years) this song was played about every 15 minutes on the AOR FM stations. You got mighty sick of this song after a while.In and around the lake, mountains come out of the sky

AND THEY STAAAAAND THERE!

Well, what else are they going to do? :confused:

I'm back.

Yes- Roundabout
That's so classic rock of you.:sellout:
I caved in to the classic rock peer pressure. :( Actually, I've always like Yes. This song is just "poppy" enough to appeal to me.
Friggin' awesome song.Was |<->| this close to taking it instead of Black Dog.

Started salivating as it continued to slip.
Back in the day (college years) this song was played about every 15 minutes on the AOR FM stations. You got mighty sick of this song after a while.In and around the lake, mountains come out of the sky

:lmao:

In and around the lake, mountains come out of the sky

Good question - never really thought about it. Maybe the acid wasn't potent enough.

I don't see cos online so I'll go ahead and pick for us this time.

Elton John - Tiny Dancer

Single released in '72.

2.12 "Old Man" - Neil Young
there went pick 3 :cry:
Starting this morning, I had 5 songs of which I hoped at least one would make it to me this pick:Superstition

Saturday in the Park

Roundabout

Reelin' in the Years

Ain't Wastin' Time No More

***Okay, to make things easier, I have converted the usernames in the first post to links to people's PMs (did that make sense?). So, if you want to PM someone about his (or her) turn, just go to the first post in this thread and click on that person's username.***

***Okay, to make things easier, I have converted the usernames in the first post to links to people's PMs (did that make sense?). So, if you want to PM someone about his (or her) turn, just go to the first post in this thread and click on that person's username.***
MY MAN :goodposting:

***Okay, to make things easier, I have converted the usernames in the first post to links to people's PMs (did that make sense?).  So, if you want to PM someone about his (or her) turn, just go to the first post in this thread and click on that person's username.***
Genius you are. :thumbup:

You're making the rest of us look bad

I don't see cos online so I'll go ahead and pick for us this time.

Elton John - Tiny Dancer

Single released in '72.
Hold me closer, Tony Danza :whistle:
Zamboni, I don't suppose that you need to be told that this would have been my next pick if it were still there. :(

Users who are viewing this thread