What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Apple iPhone Thread (1 Viewer)

The Apple Store app is now live but it won't let me order on TMobile. :angry:

TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've read countless reviews and done tons of research on screen size difference (I'm overly anal). Everything I've seen states that very few people have ever regretted going to a bigger screen. Even though it may take a few days to get used to the difference, supposedly the increase in size is worth it.
There has to be some reporting bias because there are those who hold their friend's phone and immediately decide against a larger screen. I think that group out numbers those who actually buy the larger phone.

I get the jump to a 5.1 inch (Galaxy S5) but that's pretty much the biggest I want my phone.

Finally able to order the TMO 6+ on the Apple website. 1 Oct estimated delivery. :angry:

Finally able to order the TMO 6+ on the Apple website. 1 Oct estimated delivery. :angry:
Were you trying for 3 hours? It took me almost an hour before finally getting my order for the 6+ through, with errors at different points along the way over and over.

I've read countless reviews and done tons of research on screen size difference (I'm overly anal). Everything I've seen states that very few people have ever regretted going to a bigger screen. Even though it may take a few days to get used to the difference, supposedly the increase in size is worth it.
Don't tell my wife. PLZZZZZ

Were you trying for 3 hours? It took me almost an hour before finally getting my order for the 6+ through, with errors at different points along the way over and over.
The problem was more about waiting for the TMO option to appear on Apple.com. From what I can tell, only att.com was selling right at 12AM PDT. Apple.com didn't actually start selling for about 90 minutes after that, but then with no TMO option. The TMO option only appeared at about 2:30AM. I never got any errors or long page loads when finally presented with the TMO option.

Because of the late start to selling, I'm sure I got behind all the ATT orders in the queue, and thus the later delivery date. I was ready to buy at 12AM if only apple.com or tmobile.com were willing to take my money for a TMO off-contract variant.

My order status for a 6+ 64GB Silver/White is "available in 7-10 business days, 1-7 Oct estimated delivery".

And all this is actually for my wife's benefit. I don't even like Apple. $900 for a phone is crazy. My Nexus 5 was half that.

Looks like AT&T will not allow me to upgrade without getting rid of my unlimited plan (just confirmed). It was a good run I guess. :kicksrock:

Not rushing to order but looks like Mrs BD is.

I'll ride my 5 until the battery goes to #### like I did my 3GS. That could be any day of course.

Ordered 6+ for myself and 6 for the wife. The expected delivery on the 6 is 9/19 but the 6+ is October 13-20th!!

Anybody else order the 6+ and have a mid October estimated delivery?

Went with the 6 for Mrs. Osaurus and myself. Lost my unlimited plan, but I changed my plan to the Family Share on AT&T for around $8 more plus our 17% discount remaining so I am good. So we should have new phones soon. Interestingly enough my Lifeproof case on my 5 just officially died so maybe it was a sign. :shrug:

The 6+ is cool, but just too much for me.

Got right through on AT&T. Looks like the 6+ is a week behind the 6.
What do you mean?
The small print said it will ship in 7-14 days, but when I looked at the 6 it said shipping on 9/19.
Says shipping 9/19 for me. 6+ 64
You really lucked out then.

I just checked apple.com and now it says:

"Available to ship:

3-4 weeks Free Shipping"
I got a confirm email from AT&T just now (3hrs after I placed my order).

"Your Apple iPhone 6 Plus (64GB Space Gray) has been reserved and will ship within 21 - 28 business days."

Wow.... Bummed to see all these mid October 6+ delivery dates. Heading in to the Verizon store at 11am and will see how that goes. Already on the fence on size but immediate availability of 6 vs month wait on 6+ might break the tie....

Going for 128GB whichever I chose.

Edit: on Verizon now and 6+ looks like 10/21/14 delivery :hot:

Why couldn't the just have made a single 5" or 5.25" instead of two types? I still don't know what to do. I'm 99% a one hand typer. My phone goes in my front pocket, but I also have it out in my desk, table or in my hand when seated normally. I watch Netflix during my commute. Maybe I'd read more on the phone if it was bigger.

I guess it sounds like the plus is right for me, but pocket and one hand just have me wondering. I will say that the thinness of the iphone 5 often makes my hand feel cramped and wrapped around it. Maybe the bigger phone is better for my hands.

Bummed about the 6+ delayed delivery. Buzzkill on my anticipation.

I was thinking 6+ all the way from the get -go because although the screen size is larger, the dimensions of the phone are right in line with some android products and I haven't heard too much regret about that.

Oh well, May have to "settle" for the 4.7". 1st world problem.

I can't believe people are getting rid of unlimited data just to upgrade.
Case by case but personally I found it overrated now that WIFI is so accessible where I am at. I thought I used a lot of data and turned out I used less than 2G on two phones a month.

Should folks keep using a 4s forever?

I'd wager the majority of people with unlimited deals probably use 2-3 GB of data a month. They could probably be saving money at the same data use by ditching it.

Now if I was a 6 to 8 GB a month data hog and it was critical (ie no wifi around to help) then I guess I would give pause or just Buy an unlocked phone direct

Wifi and the small cost to switch my plan over to 10 GB were the deciding factors for me. We get a discount and I have a pool of data to use. 5 GB is really the 4G threshold on AT&T before throttling anyway. Plus I can tether legitimately now.

Should folks keep using a 4s forever?I'd wager the majority of people with unlimited deals probably use 2-3 GB of data a month. They could probably be saving money at the same data use by ditching it.

Now if I was a 6 to 8 GB a month data hog and it was critical (ie no wifi around to help) then I guess I would give pause or just Buy an unlocked phone direct
I'm around 5-6 a month. :eek: I'll change carriers if they try and take away my unlimited.

Tiger Fan said:
Problem is, it's Sprint....any Sprint user can tell you what that means....they suck.
I really have never had a problem with them,. could just be my area
Rarely have any issues here (friends with ATT hated it)...and its far cheaper than a comparable plan from verizon.

Ive also never had an issue with their customer service.

Not that I expect anyone to care, but I ended up going with the 6.

I made cardboard cutouts with almost the exact dimensions of the phone (thickness was slightly off).

After struggling all night with which phone, it came down to comfort and price.

The 6+ just seems TOO big. I've railed against the G3 and other similar phones for being too big, and I meant it. Add in $100 extra for a phone that might not comfortably fit in my hand/pocket and my decision was easier. I will miss the added battery/image stabilization that the 6+ has over the 6.

The 6 seems almost perfect, if not slightly bigger than ideal, though I'm sure I'll quickly get used to it.

Should folks keep using a 4s forever?I'd wager the majority of people with unlimited deals probably use 2-3 GB of data a month. They could probably be saving money at the same data use by ditching it.

I'm around 5-6 a month. :eek: I'll change carriers if they try and take away my unlimited.
No WIfi at home/work?

I use my phone a LOT... to the point where my GF and coworkers bust my balls about it. "Is that thing surgically attached?" is a common joke. I use about 2GB/mo give or take, but I have wifi at the office and home...

Case by case but personally I found it overrated now that WIFI is so accessible where I am at. I thought I used a lot of data and turned out I used less than 2G on two phones a month.
yeah, I check my usage. I average about 1.5 GB/month b/c I'm mostly on wifi. Sprint's coverage (where I work specifically) is awful, so really a no brainer

I got right in on AT&T at 2:01 central and it took maybe 4 minutes to finalize it. I got the 128gb 6 plus silver. Email from AT&T 3 hours later said expected ship date 14-21 business days.

I'm optimistic though because 2 years ago when I preordered my 5 the shipping estimate was the same and I received it on the day of release. We'll see... Looking like if I had gotten the 64gb it would have shipped sooner though.

The Phablet

You will have noticed throughout this post I have not mentioned the even larger 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Apple is expected to announce, and that is with good reason: no-one will try to use it like an existing iPhone.

Like it or not, there is a threshold to phone size. Some will say it is the 4-inches of the iPhone 5/5S, others that it is 4.7-inches or even 5.2-inches if the bezels are as compact as the LG G2. Regardless of where the threshold lies, 5.5-inches is beyond it. Samsung Galaxy Note owners, for example, love their phablets and often say they do the job of both phone and tablet but they don’t pretend it is a standard phone.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2014/09/01/iphone-6-owners-must-adapt-to-these-5-big-screen-changes/
Great link. Quelled a lot of concerns I have about going to the 6+.

thx

Users who are viewing this thread