What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Audible LIVE! - 11/17/11 - 10PM ET (1 Viewer)

Hello guys,

Hope you’re having a ball up in the pressbox Cecil, :popcorn:

My question centers around emerging backup RB’s. I have 3 of them on my roster and it’s a PPR league.

Which one of these 3 RB’s is likliest to emerge first, and/or has seen significant upward mobility since last week? I have Ced Benson as my RB2 and he’s quickly losing steam with his 3 YPC. I need somebody to take his spot eventually.

Here’s my lotto number RB’s:

• Dexter McCluster

• Kevin Smith

• DJ Ward

Thanks guys - I enjoy the show; appreciate the feedback.

Bloom,

I'm interested in your setup on Sundays for watching the games. Do you have a million TVs, Satellite, Tivo, etc.? Or is it simpler than that? Also, do you record everything yourself for watching later, or do you subscribe to NFL Rewind? Do you have access to the overhead camera angles that everyone's been talking about? DO TELL,

Jon

Love the show, yadda yadda yadda, lets get into it.

I'm a Browns fan so the NFL season is dead to me so I am hoping the Football Guys can give us a brief look ahead to next year's draft?

Primarily interested in two topics that should be fun for you to dig into.

1. Top three fantasy prospects and a quick discussion on ONLY the top-three prospects.

2. Your thoughts on the top-ten NFL prospects reguardless of fantasy impact, i.e., any and all positions.

Thanks!

In a non-ppr start 2 RB league, I have Fred Jackson, Ray Rice, and Ryan Matthews. I will only be able to start 2 the rest of the season so with the playoffs around the corner, is it a GOOD or BAD idea to trade your bench players for upgrades at other positions? Trading one of those three would help me upgrade another position but leave me slim at back-up RB with Starks and Hunter.

no wth flex this is wtf felix? stick a fork in him? Was banking on him getting his job back but Jerruh has spoken, Is he worth dropping fo a Kevin smith lance ball type? :doh:
Is Jason Avant worth a sneaky start w/ maclin ailing? Has been getting a lot of snaps lately (but I would have thought the same last game and he got 1 catch for 2 yds :bag: )

Thursday night is here again, the world makes sense!

How would you rank the following QBs at this point in terms of their upside in the future:

Flynn

Mallett (can he be Brady successor or is he bound to be sold off for draft picks?)

Locker

Gabbert

Kaepernick

Also, which of these RBs gets the first shot at extended "feature back" time? Who has the most upside?

Spiller

Hunter

Rodgers

Vereen

Taiwan Jones

Thanks in advance!

Another mysterious Bloom led show :popcorn:

So Im 1 game out of a playoff spot and in a 5-way tie for 7th, so its pretty much a must win week for me. Im playing the 2-8 last place team, so based on that I want the safest bet for my 2nd flex. Who do you think has the highest floor in non-PPR:

Manningham vs PHI

Damian Williams @ ATL

Laurent Robinson @ WAS

Vincent Brown @ CHI

Thanks

I have heard many times that Emmanuel Sanders is the better prospect than Antonio Brown. What say you, Mr.Waldman? Has Brown taken full advantage in 2011 of the playing time while Sanders has been dinged up to take a long-term hold of the #2 WR spot in Pittsburgh?

Hey guys, great show as always. I know you've touched on some of these guys on the waiver podcasts, but looking at my bench and wondering who the best guys might be to hang onto as lottery tickets at RB? Have Mathews, Lynch, Jacobs, F. Jones, C. Ogbonannya and J. Rodgers. Would you drop Ogbonannya for any of the follow guys to pair with Rodgers as a high upside back up? D. Carter, R. Williams, M. Barber, D. McCluster, R. Grant, S. Ridley or D. Karim? Thanks.

Let's talk Vincent Brown... the Chargers are down their starting tackle and here comes Julius Peppers. If Rivers doesn't have time to throw the deep ball do you think Brown can make some hay as a PPR option? Is he a shot (downfield) player or does he have a chance to sustain drives in the passing game along with Gates and the RBs?

And speaking of the backs, who do you like better in PPR this week, Matthews or Tolbert?

Thanks!

What areas would you like to see FBG improve in? Do you have a stat wish list of things you'd like to see tracked?

Love the show, yadda yadda yadda, lets get into it.

I'm a Browns fan so the NFL season is dead to me so I am hoping the Football Guys can give us a brief look ahead to next year's draft?

Primarily interested in two topics that should be fun for you to dig into.

1. Top three fantasy prospects and a quick discussion on ONLY the top-three prospects.

2. Your thoughts on the top-ten NFL prospects reguardless of fantasy impact, i.e., any and all positions.

Thanks!
Damn Bracie! You have to ask this while I'm out??? I LOVE this question, here's my answer:top3 fantasy prospects:

Andrew Luck, Trent Richardson, Justin Blackmon

top10 regardless of position:

Andrew Luck (Stanford QB), Matt Barkley (USC QB), Matt Kalil (USC LT), Justin Blackmon (OkSt WR), Trent Richardson (Alabama RB), Johnathan Martin (Stanford OT), David DeCastro (Stanford OG), Quinton Coples (N. Carolina DE), Dre Kirkpatrick (Alabama CB), Morris Claiborne (LSU CB)

Martin's stock has been falling, and he could get drafted behind DeCastro...either way many feel Stanford will have 3 picks inside top 10 next year. Also, word I've heard from inside the Stanford lockerroom is that all three are expected to turn pro together.

oh yeah, Martin's stock has been falling because his feet have been letting him down in pass protection recently. This is the same type of 'inside post leg' talk we heard about D'Brickshaw Ferguson when he came out of college.

wanna throw some love out for Wisconsin C Peter Konz, who could have cracked the top 10 but got hurt last week which will drop his draft stock.

Also, Baylor QB Robert Griffin III (RG3) is getting a lot of love from scouts. Teams I've heard that could be interested: Denver, Buffalo, Cleveland

AND, from what I'm hearing don't be surprised if Brandon Wheedon plays his 28 year old ### into the first-round.

DAMN! Love when we switch to draft mode on The Audible!!!! :thumbup:

Hey guys,

Need some help picking a RB/WR/TE flex for this week in a 10 team PPR league. The uncertain status of McGahee and AJ Green means I need to push Earl Bennett into a starting WR spot. That leaves me with a pick between Vincent Brown, Michael Crabtree, Kevin Smith, Felix Jones, and Jacquizz Rodgers for the flex. I was leaning towards Vincent Brown or grabbing Harry Douglas off the waiver wire. Any suggestions or is there another what the heck flex player I should be looking at (Bernard Scott, Josh Cribbs, Greg Little are all on the waiver wire)?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
A question and a prediction!

I am in a 12 team 50/50 league. We get 6 points per QB TD's.

I am in the playoffs for sure. Weeks 14-16

My 3 QB's are Bradford, Freeman and Hasselbeck.

Bradford gets Sea, Cinn and Pitts

Freman gets Jax, Dallas and Carolina

Hasselbeck gets NO, Indy and Jax

Hasselbeck looks like a play the whole way

I got Bradford for another year

Should I just release Freeman?

We freeze the waiver Wire in the playoffs

Also..the prediction.

Bradford is going to have a incredible game this weekend. Seattle is below average in passing defense and they will HAVE to respect Steven Jackson. I think Bradford throws for over 300 and gets himself 2 TD's. He is a talented guy and has a great go to receiver he is gaining chemestry with in Lloyd and Clayton will start getting better. I just think his talent, which is HUGE is going to take over and he is going to not be listed at the 20th best start anymore.

Am I blind?

Thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread