What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"The Big Old Stone" - Ronnie Brown (1 Viewer)

Otis

Footballguy
Number 23, Ronnie Brown, the Big Old Stone, is 6'0, 230 pounds, fast and athletic as heck. He was a star at the combines and was the No. 2 overall NFL draft pick this year.

Forget Ricky Williams. He's got no heart and is a head case. If Brown can come in and have a few solid games before the BYE week, he's got a real chance to push Ricky aside. And for us dynasty owners? The future of the Miami offense is centered around Brown.

"But Otis, the Miami offense has been in shambles!"

Nick Saban comes in and will bring improvement, and Houck came over from Minnesota to employ a new Offensive Line. We just need some remotely average QB play and, if the O-line can step up, the end result?

THE BIG OLD STONE will be rumbling to an NFL Stadium near you. Premiering this Sunday, September 11. Don't miss it.

I'm climbing on top of the Big Old Stone, it should be a fun show from up here. To quote my pal Jerry Mcguire, "Who's comin' with me??"

something tells me that with Otis riding this bus, you are all in for a "Reshard Lee" ride. i'm gonna be :X

I have been following the Miami pre-season intently. To anyone who says Ricky's "head isn't in it" all I can say is you have not been paying attention.Now I realize that his head could come "out of it" at any given time, but by all accounts he came to Florida to play football and has worked hard with a great attitude the entire pre-season.In addition Brown faces 4 tough run defenses in the first four weeks, and Miami looks to be playing from behind a lot this year.IF Brown has a STELLAR first four games, against solid D's and behind what might be the worst O-line in the league there is a chance he wins the starting job.I don't think it very likely. I don't think the view from on top of the "Big Old Stone" will be very nice until 2006.

as much as these guys will try to convince you otherwiseOtis, there is no proof that Ronnie Brown is ####..NONE whatsoever

as much as these guys will try to convince you otherwise

Otis, there is no proof that Ronnie Brown is ####..NONE whatsoever
The proof will be in the pudding my poorly-endowed GB. Now get back on your Matt Jones Express and be careful of FALLING BOULDERS.

:towelwave:

The proof will be in the pudding my poorly-endowed GB. Now get back on your Matt Jones Express and be careful of FALLING BOULDERS.

:confused: Ronnie Brown is on the steelers?

:confused: Ronnie Brown is on the steelers?
It was the closest thing I could find to a "let's get this party started" smilie.Edited to add - Wait, we've got these too!

:pickle: :headbang: :pickle:

Last edited by a moderator:
:nflcombinehero: :coffee:
:thumbdown: Patoons, just beware. If you are sitting in front of the JETS game some wonderful Sunday and start to hear a loud RUMBLING, you should get out of the house and take cover!!!

:scared:

Er . . what the hell. Swayed by your enthusiasm only count me IN !!!The rushing leader after Week 4 will be none other than . . .The Big Old Stone !!!

I'm in.Otis is right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these deluded Ricky loving Big Old Stone bashers. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.And we're just the guys to do it. :gang1:

I'm in.

Otis is right. Psychotic, but absolutely right.

We gotta take these deluded Ricky loving Big Old Stone bashers. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

And we're just the guys to do it. :gang1:
Wait a minute, you're already on the Matt Jones bandwagon.I don't know how committed you'd be to our cause here.

:bye:

I'm in.

Otis is right. Psychotic, but absolutely right.

We gotta take these deluded Ricky loving Big Old Stone bashers. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

And we're just the guys to do it. :gang1:
Wait a minute, you're already on the Matt Jones bandwagon.I don't know how committed you'd be to our cause here.

:bye:
Well, I drafted Brown as my RB3 so I'm riding it all year, whether you say so (or not). :D

STOP THE WAGON AND LET ME ON!!!!!!!He's my #4, don't care if the wagon loses both wheels, but I'm in for one hella ride!!!!!!!!!! :banned: :thumbup: :fro: :headbang: :pickle: :clap:

Number 23, Ronnie Brown, the Big Old Stone, is 6'0, 230 pounds, fast and athletic as heck. He was a star at the combines and was the No. 2 overall NFL draft pick this year.

Forget Ricky Williams. He's got no heart and is a head case. If Brown can come in and have a few solid games before the BYE week, he's got a real chance to push Ricky aside. And for us dynasty owners? The future of the Miami offense is centered around Brown.

"But Otis, the Miami offense has been in shambles!"

Nick Saban comes in and will bring improvement, and Houck came over from Minnesota to employ a new Offensive Line. We just need some remotely average QB play and, if the O-line can step up, the end result?

THE BIG OLD STONE will be rumbling to an NFL Stadium near you. Premiering this Sunday, September 11. Don't miss it.

I'm climbing on top of the Big Old Stone, it should be a fun show from up here. To quote my pal Jerry Mcguire, "Who's comin' with me??"
Houck was not with MN last year. He coached in SD. Link

I was on board two weeks ago when I drafted him as my RB2. :bag: ... If he flounders, I'm stuck with Barlow :X and Larry Johnson. :banned: ... And yes, I do consider myself a shark.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't that a big old stone in the water (wasn't that a big old stone)Otis, who is the driver, you or ME

I could watch this highlight video all day.My favorite parts? {SPOILERS BELOW}I absolutely love the opening freeze frame of the Tenn defender, with the next thing being the Big Old Stone literally running over and through him. Hilarious.I love the TD run where he jukes the guy at the goal line, gets the guy to go low for the tackle, and then HURDLES in a flip over him.:shock:I love the one play where he jukes one defender, a tackler comes in at full speed head-on, and the Big Old Stone just meets him, bounces off him, and spins.This kid is awesome...

Waves as the train moves on and prays not too many are hurt when the train derails

:yawn:
Ok, well then me, Otis and the gang are aiming for the puddles when you're standing on the curb waiting to hitch a ride in week 6, all you're gonna get is wet! :P

I could watch this highlight video all day.

My favorite parts?

{SPOILERS BELOW}

I absolutely love the opening freeze frame of the Tenn defender, with the next thing being the Big Old Stone literally running over and through him. Hilarious.

I love the TD run where he jukes the guy at the goal line, gets the guy to go low for the tackle, and then HURDLES in a flip over him.

:shock:

I love the one play where he jukes one defender, a tackler comes in at full speed head-on, and the Big Old Stone just meets him, bounces off him, and spins.

This kid is awesome...
My favorite part was when he broke through the line and then got caught from behind by the safety who started on the other side of the play! :thumbdown:

I'm hopeful, but very concerned about his schedule during the first half of the season.1 DEN2 @ NYJ3 CAR4 BYE5 @BUF6 @TAM

I could watch this highlight video all day.

My favorite parts?

{SPOILERS BELOW}

I absolutely love the opening freeze frame of the Tenn defender, with the next thing being the Big Old Stone literally running over and through him.  Hilarious.

I love the TD run where he jukes the guy at the goal line, gets the guy to go low for the tackle, and then HURDLES in a flip over him.

:shock:

I love the one play where he jukes one defender, a tackler comes in at full speed head-on, and the Big Old Stone just meets him, bounces off him, and spins.

This kid is awesome...
My favorite part was when he broke through the line and then got caught from behind by the safety who started on the other side of the play! :thumbdown:
And you probably drafted Lee Suggs instead. :P :stirspot:

I'm hopeful, but very concerned about his schedule during the first half of the season.

1 DEN

2 @ NYJ

3 CAR

4 BYE

5 @BUF

6 @TAM
Shick! - I agree this schedule is not pretty, and the timing of it could not be worse seeing as this is the same period during which Brown will have to prove he deserves the job full-time, but the flipside is that the coaches and the fans also realize that this schedule is murder, so if Brown can play with some moderate consistency and toss a big game or two in there, that may be enough.Besides, I suspect these defenses might be thrown off their game when they hear that highlight music in the background ("Wasn't that a Big Old Stone?") - it's like hearing the footsteps...

Look, I'm not looking to cause any trouble here, but you guys do realize that Eric Dickerson and Marshall Faulk also went #2 overall in their draft years, right?

Users who are viewing this thread