What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The CHAZ Thread (3 Viewers)

I would say to the people in Chaz that they are on their own.  No more city services like fire dept., police, medical.   Only problem there are people with residences  & businesses so can't do that.   Leadership in Seattle turned this into a crap show.   This is all on their hands.  It's a shame really but when you cave to violent protests, looting, vandalism  & idiots this is what you get.  Did anyone really expect this to turn out good?  Obviously some did as they described it in here as a minor block party, musical party and the like.   Good luck if Seattle de-funds the police.

Just a shameful display all the way around.
Hard to believe this is happening in America.  I guess this is what Seattle leaderships wants..be careful what you ask for.

The General said:
I don’t follow what you are saying or the point you are trying to make. 

That you are equating people shooting each other to a cop murdering a citizen is kind of odd.

SMH.
You don't say..

I don't expect you to follow this either, but, am posting this anyway for others to read.  95% of black homicides are committed by other black people while 0.02% are committed by police.  If black lives really matter it logically follows to attack the number that has the potential to save the most lives.  But, not only would it save more lives it would improve the quality of life for black americans.  The real problem isn't police, it's the fact that they have been relegated to living in the inner cities; dysfunctional families in poverty, crime, drug addition with no opportunity for real education and real jobs.  Like rats in a cage the devour themselves with, or as the Chaz experiment proved, without cops. BLMs message is a horrible one:  They keep asking for a fly swatter to swat the fly that is bothering them when they should be asking for a shovel to pick up the giant pile of dog ####.  

You don't say..

I don't expect you to follow this either, but, am posting this anyway for others to read.  95% of black homicides are committed by other black people while 0.02% are committed by police.  If black lives really matter it logically follows to attack the number that has the potential to save the most lives.  But, not only would it save more lives it would improve the quality of life for black americans.  The real problem isn't police, it's the fact that they have been relegated to living in the inner cities; dysfunctional families in poverty, crime, drug addition with no opportunity for real education and real jobs.  Like rats in a cage the devour themselves with, or as the Chaz experiment proved, without cops. BLMs message is a horrible one:  They keep asking for a fly swatter to swat the fly that is bothering them when they should be asking for a shovel to pick up the giant pile of dog ####.  
I am not going to speak for BLM, what it is like to be Black in this country, or what they should and shouldn't focus on. I'll leave that to you. I'd probably leave the rats devouring themselves metaphors out but have at it.

I believe the systematic racism you touched on is a main issue that BLM istrying to address and that murder/crime is a terrible byproduct of this, but again perhaps other people in here can speak on their behalf better than I can.

As I said equating police homicides on citizens to homicides between "civilians" is not a comparison that I would start with.

Personally, I don't take anyone whose solution is that there should be no police seriously. That's absurd.

To your last point about, I was originally shocked at the "Defund the Police" talk until I realized that this phrase meant to most a reprioritizing of funding, or looking more closely at how we spend this money. I am in total agreement with that. 

To your last point about, I was originally shocked at the "Defund the Police" talk until I realized that this phrase meant to most a reprioritizing of funding, or looking more closely at how we spend this money. I am in total agreement with that. 
Weird, the demands from Chaz listed 100% defunding the police.  And as you know they didn't even let them in when they had emergencies.  It was an anti-police state.  I wonder what it was that made you think all it was just tweaking the funding a little bit?  Gee, if that is all it was this whole mess could have been avoided.  I mean Jello Jenny committed to "look more closely at how she spends the money" day one. 

"It just means prioritizing" - what a complete joke.

Weird, the demands from Chaz listed 100% defunding the police.  And as you know they didn't even let them in when they had emergencies.  It was an anti-police state.  I wonder what it was that made you think all it was just tweaking the funding a little bit?  Gee, if that is all it was this whole mess could have been avoided.  I mean Jello Jenny committed to "look more closely at how she spends the money" day one. 

"It just means prioritizing" - what a complete joke.
What does that have to do with what I wrote? Personally thought CHAZ was doomed from the start. Honestly glad it didn't end worse.

So many questions for you...Do you think that there is no need to look at police budgets in Seattle in the US? Are cops properly trained? Are we putting police in the best situations? Does CHAZ represent everything that is BLM or the overall protests across the US? Were the CHAZ people coordinating with some organization that they speak on behalf of? What was CHAZ? Who led it? Was there a spokesperson? Was there official meetings of the CHAZ board?

Last edited by a moderator:
What does that have to do with what I wrote? Personally thought CHAZ was doomed from the start. Honestly glad it didn't end worse.

So many questions for you...Do you think that there is no need to look at police budgets in Seattle in the US? Are cops properly trained? Are we putting police in the best situations? Does CHAZ represent everything that is BLM or the overall protests across the US? Were the CHAZ people coordinating with some organization that they speak on behalf of? What was CHAZ? Who led it? Was there a spokesperson? Was there official meetings of the CHAZ board?
Chaz represents BLM and a huge disaster for their Defund the Police campaign, yes.  It was a literal a test case and it ended up with 2 dead young black teenagers murdered by protesters flying the BLM banner.  You don't get to act like it was a couple of bad actors.  Act like they didn't have leaders or have meetings - I posted a list of their demands that the published on the very first page of this thread.  Armed guards, medical units.  People like you who defended this crap fest all along are complicit.  Look around, you're the only one left in here defending it.  Everyone else that thought it was cool in the beginning haven't even bothered coming back to this thread.  

Chaz represents BLM and a huge disaster for their Defund the Police campaign, yes.  It was a literal a test case and it ended up with 2 dead young black teenagers murdered by protesters flying the BLM banner.  You don't get to act like it was a couple of bad actors.  Act like they didn't have leaders or have meetings - I posted a list of their demands that the published on the very first page of this thread.  Armed guards, medical units.  People like you who defended this crap fest all along are complicit.  Look around, you're the only one left in here defending it.  Everyone else that thought it was cool in the beginning haven't even bothered coming back to this thread.  
I’m not defending CHAZ  :lmao:

You don't say..

So your fix for the problem would be removing guns from the streets, reducing income inequality, improving the judicial system and criminal code, supporting drug rehabilitation initiatives, and creating better opportunities for minorities in education and the workplace?

Sign me up!

So your fix for the problem would be removing guns from the streets, reducing income inequality, improving the judicial system and criminal code, supporting drug rehabilitation initiatives, and creating better opportunities for minorities in education and the workplace?

Sign me up!
My solution for BLM is to organize a protest when Chicago hits an all time high of 85 shootings and 24 deaths in a single weekend of black on black crime. Organize a protest when a black woman dies of diabetes at 45 because she not afforded grocery stores in her neighborhood or transportation to get real food. Organize a protest when teenagers overdose on drugs and demand politicians and law enforcement keep drugs out of their community. Organize a protest when SAT scores and school attendance is way lower than surround communities. 

Stop asking for a fly swatter and demand a shovel to clean up the ####. 

tonydead said:
Some NSFW language.
I liked the Seattle PD clip, but it's a mystery to me why being basically in the Seattle burbs (yes?) you link to Posobiec and a RW conspiracy site for your detail on this.

Anyway, here's the Seattle Times.

Seattle police clear CHOP protest zone

“Entering Cop-Free Zone. Long live CHAZ,” the faded pink sidewalk chalk still proclaimed on East Pine Street at 13th Avenue on Wednesday evening.  A group of at least 50 protesters stood at Pine and Broadway, distributing pizza, sometimes shouting at the officers on the other side of the police tape.

But the tents, the graffitied barricades, and the co-op shops that have marked the Capitol Hill Organized Protest (CHOP) — or the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone, aka CHAZ, as it was named at the start of the occupation — were gone. After about 3 1/2 weeks, after the protest zone became the subject of heated national debate and the scene of violence and tragedy, Seattle police and other agencies swept in early Wednesday with heavily equipped officers and tactical vehicles, clearing the area with threats to arrest anyone who stayed behind.

Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan issued an executive order at 9:28 p.m. Tuesday, declaring that gathering in the area is unlawful assembly, requiring immediate action from city agencies.

Police moved in around 5 a.m., issuing dispersal orders and arresting at least 44 people throughout the day, the department reported Wednesday evening. At least 100 police officers equipped with body armor, batons, helmets and weapons pushed forward as protesters slowly retreated, some yelling, “We’ll be back.”

Police and protesters continued to clash into the night around East Pine Street and Broadway, with 25 more people arrested.

This all comes down to that incontrovertible fact that there are a certain percentage of people that are stupid. This is a thing that unifies all of us. This crosses all races, backgrounds, wealth levels, etc. 

CHAZ people are not going to be any different.
We are all the same, just a few stupid people in the group starting fires.

Wrong, they ended up murdering children.

I finally made it to this thing today.

Went golfing in the AM and swung by afterwards. It's pretty much a crazy farmer's market is the best way I'd describe it. Most crowded area I have been in since March. Except for the buildings having boards on the windows it was pretty normal honestly. There was a central section (I think) at the main intersection where there was some sort of speech going on that I didn't get super close too. Bunch of people with those pop up tent things giving out info. Yes there was a drum circle.
Crazy farmer's market.  Pretty normal.  Until the children got murdered.

Seattle PI:

The Seattle Police Department cleared out the CHOP zone Wednesday morning on Capitol Hill in an effort to reclaim the East Precinct after an emergency order from Mayor Jenny Durkan declared the occupied protest an "unlawful assembly."

Police arrived shortly after 5 a.m. to vacate the area following the order. Heavy police presence appeared to have moved people out of the area.

Converge Media's Omari Salisbury reported that the police had secured the perimeter of the East Precinct from protesters. Bike officers created a perimeter around the precinct from East Pike Street to 12th Avenue. City officials appeared to be clearing tents from around the perimeter of the precinct.

SPD confirmed via Twitter 44 arrests had been made for failure to disperse, resisting arrest and assault. One of the arrestees was carrying a kitchen knife and metal pipe, according to SPD. An improvised spike strip made of a wooden board and nails was also recovered.

Police Chief Carmen Best told reporters on the scene SPD had been inside of the East Precinct to assess the damage, and that the department intended to "start operations [in the East Precinct] as soon as we reasonably can."
- I guess I don't understand why it took so long given how easy it was in the final doing of it.

There are thousands of people in that area on any given day. People posting a pic of a sign that says ridiculous #### on it like "The Rules of CHAZ" and freaking out about it is silly to me. That sign was just pasted up there by some dope. There's like a hundred different opinions going on in there about every topic.

I think the whole thing is very bizarre and I wouldn't taken these steps if I were the Mayor. I think she will be toast in the next election (although Seattle always votes out the Mayor). 

My take is ultimately I think it will end messily but the protests were also going to end messily. This just drags it out. It's also not the end of civilization. Take some deep breaths. 
Take a deep breath, it's only children that are going to get murdered.

This feels like the SC gun arguments - "do you realize more kids die in car accidents?  concentrate on that, not the few that die in school shootings! "

It's footage.  You're not going to get hung up because MSM didn't feed it to you are you?
The MSM issue is one thing, Posobiec & that other handle is another. I just meant how you're apparently within driving distance of what's going on and you seem to be getting your info from random online sources. It's too bad, would love to know / hear the local insight from you.

The MSM issue is one thing, Posobiec & that other handle is another. I just meant how you're apparently within driving distance of what's going on and you seem to be getting your info from random online sources. It's too bad, would love to know / hear the local insight from you.
You heard there were multiple shootings with 2 dead right?  Maybe if I was young and single without a family to take care of, even then might not even risk it. Same reason I only go to Bourbon street during happy hour then leave before the idiots show up. 

Anyway, after Trump warned Jenny it started getting violent. 2 dead teenagers forced her to grow a spine and take care of the mess. She should have taken his advise and help. 

/thread

You heard there were multiple shootings with 2 dead right?  Maybe if I was young and single without a family to take care of, even then might not even risk it. Same reason I only go to Bourbon street during happy hour then leave before the idiots show up. 

Anyway, after Trump warned Jenny it started getting violent. 2 dead teenagers forced her to grow a spine and take care of the mess. She should have taken his advise and help. 

/thread
I’ve been on Bourbon Street when the power washing street cleaners came through at like 4 in the morning. Went to the CHAZ. Survived both :lol:

Sometimes you need to see things, at least that’s how I feel.

I respect that you have a kids and that you have different concerns.

People suck. People take advantage of situations. The people who shot people in the middle of the night are scumbags. These type of people and looters are pretty much the worst as they are not only turds but they are allowing the legitimate issues to be dismissed by people who don’t want to acknowledge there are problems. 

I’ve been on Bourbon Street when the power washing street cleaners came through at like 4 in the morning. Went to the CHAZ. Survived both :lol:

People suck. People take advantage of situations. The people who shot people in the middle of the night are scumbags. These type of people and looters are pretty much the worst as they are not only turds but they are allowing the legitimate issues to be dismissed by people who don’t want to acknowledge there are problems. 
I think people have seen enough of what a leftist run America would look like.

Turns out they're just as terrible, corrupt, murderous and racist as those they accuse.

No thanks. The marxists and communists can go to another country and live out their dream, because that's exactly what these movements are based on.

:lmao:  You really have a hard time following along.  Who hasn't been out all night on Bourbon St?  The analogy was for smart people making smart decisions. Not a comparison of Chaz to  Bourbon St.   Jesus. 

/thread

:lmao:  You really have a hard time following along.  Who hasn't been out all night on Bourbon St?  The analogy was for smart people making smart decisions. Not a comparison of Chaz to  Bourbon St.   Jesus. 
Nevermind. 

BTW when the hell is “happy hour” on Bourbon Street :lol:  is this before or after you stop at TGIFs for loaded Potato Skins.

I think people have seen enough of what a leftist run America would look like.

Turns out they're just as terrible, corrupt, murderous and racist as those they accuse.

No thanks. The marxists and communists can go to another country and live out their dream, because that's exactly what these movements are based on.
Here we are getting somewhere. Who are these leftists?

“I have many friends in Seattle and all of them agree that this story is blown way out of proportion. It's a peaceful protest agreed upon by the city and the neighborhood occupying a very small section of a very large city. Please turn off Fox News and stop listening to their insane lies.“
The shooting started less than 48 hours after you posted this.  

Once again, the feds need to go after these antifa / blm protesters who created the zone in the first place with the same Zeal they're going after the January 6th protesters.

If taking over six square blocks of a city is not an Insurrection, then I don't know what is. Whoever organized it and did that all needs to be brought to Justice.

They can start with the leaders of BLM.  They should be pretty easy to nab: all they have to do is put a listing for a mansion in the paper.

Mother of the victim is suing the city. Deserves a big payday for this debacle.  
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/mother-of-19-year-old-killed-during-chop-sues-city-claims-officials-invited-lawlessness/

After he was shot, a badly wounded Anderson fell to the sidewalk where citizens and volunteer medics manning a nearby first-aid station attempted to treat his wounds. According to the lawsuit, a Seattle Fire Department Medic One ambulance was a block and a half away.

“Video circulating on social media shows a man imploring the medics to
help Anderson,” the lawsuit claims. “‘You could be saving his life,'” the lawsuit quotes the video. “‘You could be saving his life right now. Sir, please, explain to me what’s going on. He’s dying. He needs your help.'”

The lawsuit says miscommunication between the agencies over the location of the firefighters “caused a delay of approximately 20 minutes” in responding to the scene. When firefighters eventually arrived at the shooting scene, Anderson had already been loaded into a pickup by citizens and volunteers and taken to Harborview Medical Center, where he died, the lawsuit alleges.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/mother-of-19-year-old-killed-during-chop-sues-city-claims-officials-invited-lawlessness/

After he was shot, a badly wounded Anderson fell to the sidewalk where citizens and volunteer medics manning a nearby first-aid station attempted to treat his wounds. According to the lawsuit, a Seattle Fire Department Medic One ambulance was a block and a half away.

help Anderson,” the lawsuit claims. “‘You could be saving his life,'” the lawsuit quotes the video. “‘You could be saving his life right now. Sir, please, explain to me what’s going on. He’s dying. He needs your help.'”

The lawsuit says miscommunication between the agencies over the location of the firefighters “caused a delay of approximately 20 minutes” in responding to the scene. When firefighters eventually arrived at the shooting scene, Anderson had already been loaded into a pickup by citizens and volunteers and taken to Harborview Medical Center, where he died, the lawsuit alleges.
She should be suing the leaders and organization of BLM too.

Bottom line: Medics didnt go in because the police hadn't secured the area. Why?  Because the city officials allowed an autonomous zone to happen. 

Bottom line: Medics didnt go in because the police hadn't secured the area. Why?  Because the city officials allowed an autonomous zone to happen. 
I'm assuming the autonomous zone people are protesting autonomous zones because of this senseless death.

She should be suing the leaders and organization of BLM too.
Part of the good/bad of the grassroots style they set up.   Pretty sure BLM founders weren't organizing all the city protests.  I'm no lawyer, but I am guessing that would be a pretty hard accusation to make stick.  

KarmaPolice said:
Part of the good/bad of the grassroots style they set up.   Pretty sure BLM founders weren't organizing all the city protests.  I'm no lawyer, but I am guessing that would be a pretty hard accusation to make stick.  
Agree

KarmaPolice said:
Oh, for sure.  Far left groups like Antifa and BLM have found a way to get around it:  Say that you're not organized but just a loose group of people.  So no one gets prosecuted and the leaders rake in massive amounts of cash at the same time for mansions and other "stuff" that they rail on everyone else for having.  It's a win-win.

Of course, they have massive cover and protection from the MSM and Democratically controlled areas.  That's a big help too.

Users who are viewing this thread