What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

THE FBG Fashion Thread :style: (1 Viewer)

Commmon Projects and Lanvin?  You remind me of a Yung Major circa 2009.  You should also check for Givenchy and YSL.  They're making some nice sneakers nowadays.  Big fan of these:  http://www.barneys.com/product/givenchy-new-urban-street-leather-sneakers-504882054.html

If you lads are on a budget, the Adidas Stan Smith Boosts are gold.  Prime knit and comfortable af:  http://www.adidas.com/us/stan-smith-boost-primeknit-shoes/BB0012.html 
Primeknits on sale...  just picked up a pair 

http://m.adidas.com/us/stan-smith-primeknit-shoes/S75146.html

What I'm saying is, they sell ugly #### that isn't "in" all the time, everywhere.   If I need to post a pic of Wal*Mart's men's section, or the Gap, I will, so help me GOD YOU SON OF A #####!!!!
:lol:

This.  I have been seeing pleats make a comeback the past few years tho.  There isn't a steadfast rule that you must wear flats anymore.  I still wear flats but could see myself procuring these in the near future:  https://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/tom_ford/pleated-linen-trousers/820632?
yeah- been seeing them here and there the last couple on more "designery" type guys... and usually exaggerated so there's no confusion that they're not being avant-garde. lol- googled it just now, and there's something from GQ from 2015 talking about how it was popping up on the runways.

look- you'll now it's safe to wear pleats again when otis comes barking back in here in a couple years talking about it.

along with pleats, I'm wondering about cuffs... anybody seeing these again?

pleated pants never went out.  They just became LESS popular.  Some things never change, they just move back and forward in the eyes of the fad conscious 
It is always revolving. It  has to or people would never buy new clothes and change style. A couple years ago 75% of men probably did not own a pair of brown shoes let alone wear them with a blue or black suit.

A few years back everybody was laughing at double breasted suits but now they are hot again.  In a couple of years I will be looking at pictures of me in a too short skinny suit and saying "Did I really wear that"

Last edited by a moderator:
you get that seersucker suit tailored yet?
Over there hatin' 

I gather you're not a fan?  I wear black/navy AE khakis to work with a tucked in button-up or nice polo shirt.  There's no real dress code here other than 'Sundey best.'  What kind of shoes would you suggest for nice casual?  

Over there hatin' 

I gather you're not a fan?  I wear black/navy AE khakis to work with a tucked in button-up or nice polo shirt.  There's no real dress code here other than 'Sundey best.'  What kind of shoes would you suggest for nice casual?  
May I recommend shifting from khakis to chinos? You'll still be comfortable but look way better.

:lol:

yeah- been seeing them here and there the last couple on more "designery" type guys... and usually exaggerated so there's no confusion that they're not being avant-garde. lol- googled it just now, and there's something from GQ from 2015 talking about how it was popping up on the runways.

look- you'll now it's safe to wear pleats again when otis comes barking back in here in a couple years talking about it.

along with pleats, I'm wondering about cuffs... anybody seeing these again?
First pleats, then cuffs. LOL.  Now all I need is 3 button suits to come back so I can dust my late 90s purchases out of the closet.  

First pleats, then cuffs. LOL.  Now all I need is 3 button suits to come back so I can dust my late 90s purchases out of the closet.  
you know it's all coming at some point....it's not like we get a lot to work with. pleats/flat. cuffs/none. slim/baggy. etc.

wife and I ordered in chinese the other night from a new place, I thought it was crap. she felt like it all tastes the same, but I said its basically the same as a guy's shirt... buttons, sleeves, collar... not much variation overall, but there's enough in the details to make a huge difference between general tsos and general nausea. 

It is always revolving. It  has to or people would never buy new clothes and change style. A couple years ago 75% of men probably did not own a pair of brown shoes let alone wear them with a blue or black suit.

A few years back everybody was laughing at double breasted suits but not they are hot again.  In a couple of years I will be looking at pictures of me in a too short skinny suit and saying "Did I really wear that"
so true.

That said, tuxedos are black.  No other suit should be black.  Yep, I said it (that's opinion, but a damn refined-years-of-selling-clothes-reading-####-and-wearing-high-end-clothes opinion.)

cuffs are another.  Read up on some fashion history....

I've never stopped putting cuffs on pants.  Ever.  And not those baby bull#### Italian 1 1/4" cuffs either.  I'm 2" cuffs, like the Brits used through the best fashion time in all of history....any time Cary Grant put on a suit.   

I'm talking dress pants now, not ####### chinos or casual pants.

"extreme flex slim"

are they stretchy, like spandex tight type material?
It's like the Bruce Lee quote

Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.

They're durable and stretchy.  Pretty affordable.  They fit form well and are comfortable.  Only stretch where they have to.  Big fan 

It's like the Bruce Lee quote

Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.

They're durable and stretchy.  Pretty affordable.  They fit form well and are comfortable.  Only stretch where they have to.  Big fan 
and they're AE, so you just throw them away in a couple of months.

Users who are viewing this thread