What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Flash - new show on CW (1 Viewer)

I'm ridiculously pumped for the 4-hour (two 2-hour episodes) crossover event with Arrow. Arrow to me is the far superior show, and I don't see that changing as I enjoy the darker tone and martial arts aspect of Arrow more. But for me Flash will always be worth watching as a nice warmup to Arrow, in the same universe and with shared characters, and I'm expecting it will improve immensely over time like Arrow did.
I've been enjoying Flash more this year. Arrow seems a bit lost after the end of the Deathstroke storyline, which was effing fantastic by the way. Arrow still seems like a more polished and competent show, but Flash has more of a sense of purpose at the moment.

I'm ridiculously pumped for the 4-hour (two 2-hour episodes) crossover event with Arrow. Arrow to me is the far superior show, and I don't see that changing as I enjoy the darker tone and martial arts aspect of Arrow more. But for me Flash will always be worth watching as a nice warmup to Arrow, in the same universe and with shared characters, and I'm expecting it will improve immensely over time like Arrow did.
I've been enjoying Flash more this year. Arrow seems a bit lost after the end of the Deathstroke storyline, which was effing fantastic by the way. Arrow still seems like a more polished and competent show, but Flash has more of a sense of purpose at the moment.
Agreed, I think Arrow flounders a bit without a strong villain, whereas Flash is still in the early stages of the show and establishing its mythos. Plus I'm sure they learned a ton from the rougher start Arrow had in season one.

One problem was that Arrow was obviously treading water with filler episodes until the big crossover event last week, because they had to wait until after that to really shake things up.

I have a feeling that tonight's midseason finale reestablishes Arrow as the top dog, as it sets in motion all the big main storylines this season that have been on standby. Ras, Sarah's murderer, Laurel as Canary, Thea/Malcolm, etc.

So, that reveal was too easy, right?

Wells is Zolomon Hunter; ie Zoom & Eddie is Professor Zoom, imo.
Yup.

The Eddie thing I saw coming, I I definitely did not expect Wells to be Zoom. I was betting on Metron with his knowledge of the future.

There are a few evil speedsters in the DCU: Zoom, Prof Zoom, Rival (a Jay Garrick villian though), Inertia. They do have a lot to work with there, but I'm hoping we see more Rogues than evil speedsters.

yesno. I think I'm grudge watching now. Dumb but just entertaining enough...and "Iris" is smoking.

We are too, not as good as the Arrow but it's ok. Don't like the twist with the Pied Piper though.

Sebowski said:
Shrugs said:
Sebowski said:
Pretty crazy episode this week.
Except it will all be undone next week.
So only the viewer knows what Wells is capable of if his identity/mission is at risk. And that reporter isn't going to give up on digging. Some butterfly effect distractions will keep Cisco off the trail for a bit.

Great show.
Does Wells know what happened? (figure with his powers he might have a memory of what sort-of transpired)

Understand that's not how time travel usually works but they could make that work here.

Sebowski said:
Shrugs said:
Sebowski said:
Pretty crazy episode this week.
Except it will all be undone next week.
So only the viewer knows what Wells is capable of if his identity/mission is at risk. And that reporter isn't going to give up on digging. Some butterfly effect distractions will keep Cisco off the trail for a bit.

Great show.
Does Wells know what happened? (figure with his powers he might have a memory of what sort-of transpired)

Understand that's not how time travel usually works but they could make that work here.
I doubt that he knows since only Flash went back in time. He will however be psyched to learn that Flash has now broken through the time barrier.

I really like how this show delivers on big reveals while still keeping most of us guessing about what's going to go down in future episodes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another great episode this week.

Mark Hamill was great. "I am your Father". :lmao:

Eobard stealing Wells' identity was well done.

Can't wait for the next episode. Can't believe this show is still in it's first season.

Can't wait for the next episode. Can't believe this show is still in it's first season.
Mark Hamill was spectacular. I love how they showed pics of him from the old Flash series when they were showing James Jesse in the screen. At least they look like the pics from the old series.

It was cheesy but it worked. My son doesn't watch it but I had it on when he and my wife came out to watch BCS. You know who that is? No. It's Luke Skywalker! Oh man, that was cheesy!

His lockup was Silence of the Lambs and he did the crazy pretty well.

It was cheesy but it worked. My son doesn't watch it but I had it on when he and my wife came out to watch BCS. You know who that is? No. It's Luke Skywalker! Oh man, that was cheesy!

His lockup was Silence of the Lambs and he did the crazy pretty well.
It's weird because neither Trickster (Jesse or Axel) were psycho killers in the comics. Both were just crooks. In fact, the Rogues had a 'no killing' code.

Great episode. Much better than the week before. Everything with Cold is bad, imo. He's just a guy with a gun. Flash shouldn't take any of his ####.

One nitpick with this episode: Why did Trickster give up his hostage location so quickly? Anyway. Oh well. Still a great episode. I love when Flash finds out new things his speed can do (wall and water walking). It is always new to me too since I never followed the character. Going through walls is pretty sweet.

Great episode. Much better than the week before. Everything with Cold is bad, imo. He's just a guy with a gun. Flash shouldn't take any of his ####.

One nitpick with this episode: Why did Trickster give up his hostage location so quickly? Anyway. Oh well. Still a great episode. I love when Flash finds out new things his speed can do (wall and water walking). It is always new to me too since I never followed the character. Going through walls is pretty sweet.
See, I love the stuff with Cold. The actor they got for him is pitch-perfect. They do need to flesh out the character more, but the stuff with him and Heatwave I've liked so far.

rick6668 said:

Loved it even though I saw it coming a mile away.

Last 2 weeks were again Great Episodes!

Didn't see Wells/Eobard using Everyman in that way. Had me fooled.

Wonder how the Reverse-Flash is going to use Eddie?

Very interesting that Barry created Gideon, wish he would have went back and asked more questions.

Grodd in next weeks episode.

I will miss this show when this season is over.

theory:

Barry goes back in time and finds out that it was his dad that kills his mom....

Season 2 he will try to figure out why...

Just wanted to add that the Grodd episode last week was fantastic! With that said, I did hate...

....That he was thwarted with a train instead of an all out fight. But the credit scenes kept me excited that we may see him again in this week's episode. Definitely a great villian and they did a great job with the CGI in his scenes.

This show has really hit its stride. I really like how you don't have to wait entire seasons for reveals or that all the great sequences are saved for finale episodes. I also think the casting is spot-on for every member. It's kind of cool knowing that Flash is sooo much more powerful than he shows right now. It will be fun watching him gain control and insight into his powers over the seasons.

This show started slow for me, but great family viewing with the kids. It's picked up considerably, and I can't wait for the finale.

Still working through season 1 after finally catching up on Arrow through current. Love both of these shows so much. Fantastic story with great blend of action and humor so far in season 1. Just finished Fallout - Ronnie and Dr Stein have left to figure it out. Love Firestorm from my youth comics, hope he features more later on.

We left the reservation on suspension of disbelief in so many areas long ago, but I really enjoy this show and its ability to be what it is...

We left the reservation on suspension of disbelief in so many areas long ago, but I really enjoy this show and its ability to be what it is...
My favorite show on TV right now. Not a big fan of the Vibe story, but I'm liking everything else. Love all the Easter eggs they throw out there.

the girl Cisco was hitting on in the coffee shop (Kenda Saunders) is Hawkgirl. Wells' daughter is Jesse Quick. Kaitlyn's soon to be transformation to Killer Frost was foreshadowed.

My favorite show on TV right now. Not a big fan of the Vibe story, but I'm liking everything else. Love all the Easter eggs they throw out there.

the girl Cisco was hitting on in the coffee shop (Kenda Saunders) is Hawkgirl. Wells' daughter is Jesse Quick. Kaitlyn's soon to be transformation to Killer Frost was foreshadowed.
Zoom really kind of sucks. Make him look more like a mutant demon or something other than a speedster.

Still working through season 1 after finally catching up on Arrow through current. Love both of these shows so much. Fantastic story with great blend of action and humor so far in season 1. Just finished Fallout - Ronnie and Dr Stein have left to figure it out. Love Firestorm from my youth comics, hope he features more later on.
You may be interested in the upcoming Legends of Tomorrow....

Zoom really kind of sucks. Make him look more like a mutant demon or something other than a speedster.
Every speedster has the exact same ear coverings / symbol. WTF?

You may be interested in the upcoming Legends of Tomorrow....
Yeah I saw that last winter and was all :excited: then saw it was 2016 and was like :kicksrock: but it is almost 2016 so :excited:

Every speedster has the exact same ear coverings / symbol. WTF?
That's pretty std in the comics and while it doesn't need to be identical to the comics the whole thing with Zoom is bad. He looks ridiculously bad and is so overpowered in comparison to the Flash that the story is starting to suck IMO.

I finally caught up on this. I had never watched this or Arrow so i went back to Season 1 of Arrow and watched them, then alternated Flash and Arrow from season 1/2 and beyond

Love this show, i like arrow but I have come to like this more

i think Zoom looks cool, pretty damn evil

Users who are viewing this thread